The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Scripts in PVP

Crawelc

But that is about the limit of an effective macro. The rest is all situational............

You cited the ONE TIME you always want to do something lol

First, without using screen readers and complex macro programming, you can have multiple situational looping macros that you alternate between.

However, the really smart players can incorporate the above into macros that make very intelligent situational choices too. IE, is proc X up? Yes, then execute proc dependent attack Y. No, execute attack Z.

The remaining situational choices that the player are required to execute manually are trivialized by the fact that the macro is performing all of the automatable tasks for them. The player ONLY has to make the situational choices.

Lastly, if the manual player delays in their attack choice for as little as 1/5 of a second, they suffer an average 12% loss in DPS. Yes, they can overcome this by always having an attack in the ability queue, but the macro will never get this wrong and the player will sometimes. The manual player will also leek DPS when they miscalculate the distance to the target and queue a 4m attack that is out of range when a 10m attack would hit.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't look for them to get rid of cheats or even ban people for it. That cheater pays the same subscription fee as you do, therefore EA doesn't give a rip about their cheating anymore than Microsoft cares about cheating on Xbox Live, etc.

If 20 out of 200 players are cheaters and those 20 cheaters will drive away 50 other people the cheaters will get banned.

If only banning 1 of those 20 cheaters will allow the company to claim they are doing something about the cheating and it convinces 45 of those 50 to stay then that's what the company will do because that yields 14 more paying customers than option 1.

Just like Ford paid death settlements on a large truck of theirs because it was cheaper than doing a recall.

When Corporations got involved in the gaming industry anything other than the penny profit margin took a back seat.

Edited by Criosdh

First, without using screen readers and complex macro programming, you can have multiple situational looping macros that you alternate between.

However, the really smart players can incorporate the above into macros that make very intelligent situational choices too. IE, is proc X up? Yes, then execute proc dependent attack Y. No, execute attack Z.

The remaining situational choices that the player are required to execute manually are trivialized by the fact that the macro is performing all of the automatable tasks for them. The player ONLY has to make the situational choices.

Lastly, if the manual player delays in their attack choice for as little as 1/5 of a second, they suffer an average 12% loss in DPS. Yes, they can overcome this by always having an attack in the ability queue, but the macro will never get this wrong and the player will sometimes. The manual player will also leek DPS when they miscalculate the distance to the target and queue a 4m attack that is out of range when a 10m attack would hit.

I guess if it had some RNG to the proc it would be useful

But this doesn't seem like much of an advantage if you play with sound.......

I see what you're saying and people are clever. But in pvp it is all still situational. For example on my operative I would NEVER give up any modicum of control over my tactical. And there are certainly classes that fit it better like a madness sorc with wrath proc. But still not even close to game changing much less game breaking. And even the madness example is situational

I still don't see how this gives me an advantage over some one who uses sound to track procs and knows how to play.

Edited by Mookind

I guess if it had some RNG to the proc it would be useful

But this doesn't seem like much of an advantage if you play with sound.......

I see what you're saying and people are clever. But in pvp it is all still situational. For example on my operative I would NEVER give up any modicum of control over my tactical. And there are certainly classes that fit it better like a madness sorc with wrath proc. But still not even close to game changing much less game breaking. And even the madness example is situational

I still don't see how this gives me an advantage over some one who uses sound to track procs and knows how to play.

I think you're absolutely right that some classes benefit more than others.

For example, Scoundrel heals are highly automatable. Sage heals, not so much beyond a smart heal macro.

Shadow, Sentinal, Guardian, and Vanguard DPS are very automatable, Gunslinger, not so much.

As a professional Gaming Legend, I do not condone in this type of behavior. BioWare, please place a hash tag beside these cheaters. I worked too hard to become the best DPS Jedi Guardian on my server, and I don't want to run into these type of gamers as they're pathetic. You may not say this BioWare, but I can.

If any of you are running anything like MacroGoblin (or anything similar), you don't deserve to call yourself a gamer.

As a professional Gaming Legend, I do not condone in this type of behavior. BioWare, please place a hash tag beside these cheaters. I worked too hard to become the best DPS Jedi Guardian on my server, and I don't want to run into these type of gamers as they're pathetic. You may not say this BioWare, but I can.

If any of you are running anything like ********* (or anything similar), you don't deserve to call yourself a gamer.

Agreed. (Although I'm not a legend at all) I can't believe there is no comment from the Devs on this.

If any of you are running anything like MacroGoblin (or anything similar), you don't deserve to call yourself a gamer.

Steady on.

Found a post and I don't know if this is proof or not.

Just use AutoHotKey works great for me, I'm not a script writer but can give examples of what I use for my Sentinel.

And anyone that don't like it, too bad :rak_03:

This was posted in another thread, my question to the devs and op, is this what we was looking for?

It seems pretty close. :confused:

Found a post and I don't know if this is proof or not.

This was posted in another thread, my question to the devs and op, is this what we was looking for?

It seems pretty close. :confused:

Autohotkey has the habit of causing ability misfires, especially in SWTOR.

Anyone using it to chain attacks is just giving themselves a handicap, unless they're already handicapped.

IT IS good for rebinding un-bindable keys, like your caps lock or shift/ctrl/alt/win

Edited by Scotland

Autohotkey has the habit of causing ability misfires, especially in SWTOR.

Anyone using it to chain attacks is just giving themselves a handicap, unless they're already handicapped.

IT IS good for rebinding un-bindable keys, like your caps lock or shift/ctrl/alt/win

But its a script correct?

Is this what people are using to exploit or is it breaking the code of conduct in the game lol?

But its a script correct?

Is this what people are using to exploit or is it breaking the code of conduct in the game lol?

No, it is not a script, when you use it to rebind keys, anything else is tho.

If you use this to chain attacks, then yes, you are breaking the code of conduct.

Edited by Scotland

• 2 months later...
well it seems slightly relevant since apparently some people are using scripts to respec super fast.... which is an advantage no matter how you spin it.

Oh yeah I know. I just hope some of the people in this tread that flat out denied that a pixel reading script program even existed will have a chance to eat their words.

not this thread again...

I am presently all for a macro system. In fact I want a full automation system for all the 30k clowns who can't press buttons.

Bioware develop one please!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by JackNader

not this thread again...

I am presently all for a macro system. In fact I want a full automation system for all the 30k clowns who can't press buttons.

Bioware develop one please!!!!!!!!!!!

he just posted C# code if you want to look at it man...

Oh yeah I know. I just hope some of the people in this tread that flat out denied that a pixel reading script program even existed will have a chance to eat their words.

there was a guy in the other thread that said he would work on writing a script in autohotkey for the sake of proving it works/exists.

imo, its evidence that we need to have some kind of multi spec system where we can switch between builds quickly.

yeh, I looked at it but it might as well be in chinese.

What is amusing is that all one needs to do is bind multiple buttons to 1 key and mash that key. 90% of people who play this game can't even press buttons anyway so they're already ahead of the game.

Besides, all Bioware has to do to screw up pixel readers is to have all bar procs change color randomly.

Colour/shape clicking/reading script programs have existed for a longass time significantly better than the "premium" paid one the first two posts in this thread are promoting (hah).

Scripted macros and games are an excellent way to find incentive if you're learning to program though.

Also a great way to realise how long bugfixing takes even on a small scale script (got a problem somewhere in 600 lines of code? Have fun).

Unless it's one of those **** ones which merely record your mouse and keyboard and have no capability to react to changes unless the original programmer makes it part of the program.

yeh, I looked at it but it might as well be in chinese.

What is amusing is that all one needs to do is bind multiple buttons to 1 key and mash that key. 90% of people who play this game can't even press buttons anyway so they're already ahead of the game.

Besides, all Bioware has to do to screw up pixel readers is to have all bar procs change color randomly.

Its not Color it reads Memory from the game...Always will be fixed when new address are found.

Colour/shape clicking/reading script programs have existed for a longass time significantly better than the "premium" paid one the first two posts in this thread are promoting (hah).

Scripted macros and games are an excellent way to find incentive if you're learning to program though.

Also a great way to realise how long bugfixing takes even on a small scale script (got a problem somewhere in 600 lines of code? Have fun).

Unless it's one of those **** ones which merely record your mouse and keyboard and have no capability to react to changes unless the original programmer makes it part of the program.

yeah thats always a fun way to spend your day lol.

i would think that scripts being used for respec'ing would just be the kind that records mouse/keyboard input. you could do an image/pixel rec one but it would be more complicated i think.