Ban all premades outside of ranked 50

TeamMemberTwo

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you do not care a bit about the objectives?

I once had 0 dmg/ 0 prot/ 0 healing on my vengance jugg.

Reason: I deffed east in nc a whole game long, without a single enemy showing up

I always liked these guys speaking about objectives to hide their incompetence (i`m not speaking about you personally). Tell me why all of my teammates deal less then 150k damage when we need only one or two guys to def (probably stealth or tanks). Just realise that damagedealer`s objective is dealing damage. You can kill cappers; come to help; interrupt, cc and kill enemy healers; protect guys who heal you; plant bombs; carry orbs and deal 300k+ damage at the same time almost in every warzone. Unfortunately most of them are running around like headless chickens or dancing around overhealed smashers. And then they come here to speak about objectives and whine about leavers and premades. Pathetic!

Edited by montreau

I always liked these guys speaking about objectives to hide their incompetence (i`m not speaking about you personally). Tell me why all of my teammates deal less then 150k damage when we need only one or two guys to def (probably stealth or tanks). Just realise that damagedealer`s objective is dealing damage. You can kill cappers; come to help; interrupt, cc and kill enemy healers; protect guys who heal you; plant bombs; carry orbs and deal 300k+ damage at the same time almost in every warzone. Unfortunately most of them are running around like headless chickens or dancing around overhealed smashers. And then they come here to speak about objectives and whine about leavers and premades. Pathetic!

I agree with you but with the exception of huttball.

Huttball is less about ballkicking and more about holding mid and keeping your ramp clean from pullers and passers. You need damage there too.

It really depends which class you play, as a Jugg I will run with the ball carrier and not hold mid.

I will run/jump so they can pass to me or I will kick/stun/mezz/taunt so the carrier has it easier.

I rarely crack the 300k dmg in huttball.

As with every premade v pug conversation, no one wants to see the easy solution. Eliminating premades goes against everything an MMO is about, playing with other people. Being extremely outclassed by another team causes the game to not be fun for one side. How can both issues be reconciled then?

Matchmaking of course. So if I feel like queuing solo, I know that my team will be equally as good or derpy as the other team. If I queue with my friends, I know the other side will be as good or derpy as my friends. Ultimately you don't care if the other side has a group or not, you just care that the match is even. Giving preference to matching groups against each other is a nice thought, but doesn't take into account the difference between 4 players who enjoy warzones as a break from their PvE action and 4 players whose only purpose is to dominate everyone on the server.

Of course, BW has already stated they are working on this. Glad we have yet another thread on the topic though.

I solo queue or queue with my husband, so I'm not trying to keep some unfair advantage for myself when I say I disagree with you. Been with many different team compositions in WZ's, and it's been fairly even across the board when it comes to wins vs. losses and the type of teams I'm with. Even managed to get a few WZ's with the same people on my team(pugs) and the opposing team(premade) and the win/loss ratio was fairly even. Just depended on what WZ we were in I guess LOL.

Premade =/= auto-win

Pug =/= auto-loss

Edited by beattlebilly

Do you have a source for that? Would be useful to see. I was under the impression that BW has never made a statement on it.

Not sure if the transcripts are still out there, but here is a blurb from the live Q&A:

5.No plans for making separate warzones for elite PvP players but there are adjustments coming soon to make it so that the queuing system pair up elite players with elite players and non elites with non elites. No time frame on that adjustment. We want to make PvP more about player skills than the gear gap.

Not sure if the transcripts are still out there, but here is a blurb from the live Q&A:

Thanks for looking it up. I'm not sure that really addresses premades, though. To me, it's more addressing exceptional/exceptionally geared players, and whether they should be split. That's a whole other issue - whether the gap between fully geared and recruit level players is too far.

Thanks for looking it up. I'm not sure that really addresses premades, though. To me, it's more addressing exceptional/exceptionally geared players, and whether they should be split. That's a whole other issue - whether the gap between fully geared and recruit level players is too far.

I think the issue with premades really is that good players tend to queue with good players. It does somewhat stack one side by ensuring they have 4 great players, but taking away the ability to guarantee that doesn't stop it from occurring. If they create matchmaking that takes each player's ranking into account, then the other side will have players just as good or they will have worse players on their side to balance out the matchup.

I think you would see most of the higher ranked players will be those who primarily group regardless and it will indirectly cause more premade v premade games. Since the queue still contains everyone, however, it eliminates a lot of the problems that separation would bring (extended queue times, teams of 3 not being feasible to match, etc.). As I stated in my previous post, if the other said has a premade that isn't any better or worse than you, the matches should be much closer than they are today.

The only problem you will still have is group composition. But short of having to queue as a role (like group finder), that will never be fixed.

There simply is no valid argument for putting a premade group up against a bunch who solo queued. Anyone making an argument to the contrary is simply trying to maintain anunfair advantage.

The game is being ruined for many more players than those are who would be harmed because they won't get their daily ego stroke when the can't cheat their way to the top anymore.

Yes, ALL premises are cheats. They may not be hacks but the very concept of a premades, and it's often unfair advantage, is cheating every player to go up against.

Certainly not all premades meant victory, but the many groups out there that are class and level balancing their groups have ruined it for everyone.

On top of this many of them have become quitters when they can't get thei two groups of four into one single match.

I bolded and put in red, the part of your message that is inaccurate.

FYI - It's not "cheating" or "unfair" if EVERYONE is allowed to do it.

FYI #2 - If a ton of people are doing it, and YOU are not, you are the one trying to enforce your self imposed limitations on everyone else, because you can't be bothered to make friends and group with them. Conversely, if only a small % of people are grouping, stop whining about it.

Edited by criminalheretic

I've been premading a lot lately and won 99 % of my games. The stars have to align for it not to be a steamrolling win. Did lose a close Huttball game earlier today but it required the following:

*The other team had qualified DPS

*The other team had healers

*The other team had players who were intererested in playing the objective

*We had atleast 3 people who would throw away the ball. despite having full health, as soon as they got it, were horrible at killing stuff and never crossed mid for a pass. My premade didnt have the "huttball" classes to win as a 4-man.

If you had eliminated one of things on that list or if it had been another warzone we would have easily won. Hence, there's no way of justifying premade vs pugs games when so many things have to fall into the hands of the pugs for them to have a reasonable chance. Sure, there are bad premades out there too but they're IMO generally not worse than if you just grab 4 random pugs and they have the advantage of being able to communicate and pick classes.

The solution is not to ban premades though, it's to match players of equal skill or group size,

Edited by MidichIorian

i've been premading a lot lately and won 99 % of my games. The stars have to collide for it not to be a steamrolling win. Did lose a close huttball game earlier today but it required the following:

*the other team had qualified dps

*the other team had healers

*the other team had players who were intererested in playing the objective

*we had atleast 3 people who would throw away the ball. Despite having full health, as soon as they got it, were horrible at killing stuff and never crossed mid for a pass. My premade didnt have the "huttball" classes to win as a 4-man.

If you had eliminated one of things on that list or if it had been another warzone we would have easily won. Hence, there's no way of justifying premade vs pugs games when so many have things to fall into the hands of the pugs for them to have a reasonable chance. Sure, there are bad premades out there too but they're imo generally not worse than if you just grab 4 random pugs and they have the advantage of being able to communicate and pick classes.

The solution is not to ban premades though, it's to match players of equal skill or group size,

this big time!!!!!!!!!!

When I queue solo I don't care if I go up against pre-made groups, and actually prefer the challenge.

Horse ****. A decent premade, especially a full 4 man one, should never lose a game to pugs. When I roll around in a premade, we maybe lose 1 for every 10, and invariably that's when we're up against a better premade...definitely not because of pugs.

Premades should have their own queues.

I solo queue or queue with my husband, so I'm not trying to keep some unfair advantage for myself when I say I disagree with you. Been with many different team compositions in WZ's, and it's been fairly even across the board when it comes to wins vs. losses and the type of teams I'm with. Even managed to get a few WZ's with the same people on my team(pugs) and the opposing team(premade) and the win/loss ratio was fairly even. Just depended on what WZ we were in I guess LOL.

Premade =/= auto-win

Pug =/= auto-loss

I think maybe you don't play this game. You might be thinking of a different game. Pre-mades dominate pugs. Dominate. Heck, if I've got even 1 other person I know on my team, there's a better than 50% chance of winning. Give me 4 I know, and I just don't lose.

There's no reason why premades should be going against pugs.

Not sure how it's cheating each team still has 8 to a side. Each side can be made up of premades. You're just mad because your bad and have no friends to play with.

Somehow you've managed to convince yourself that never joining a warzone without 3 friends to hold your hand makes you better than other people. Delusional much?

I think maybe you don't play this game. You might be thinking of a different game. Pre-mades dominate pugs. Dominate. Heck, if I've got even 1 other person I know on my team, there's a better than 50% chance of winning. Give me 4 I know, and I just don't lose.

There's no reason why premades should be going against pugs.

i have to agree here. the ability to call incs, to focus fire in voice chat and fight at same time (instead of stopping and typing) is a massive advantage people who use it underplay..

i have to agree here. the ability to call incs, to focus fire in voice chat and fight at same time (instead of stopping and typing) is a massive advantage people who use it underplay..

An advantage yes, but not an insurmountable one. Especially if the people on your team are aware of the situation.

For example, focusing on a marked target without needing to be told to do so, understanding that if you and your team just successfully defended a node, the respawning team will probably try hitting the other one and that some of your team needs to start heading that direction.

If players are unwilling, or unable, to do the above then separating Premades from PuGs isn't going to help them because they will still get roflstomped by a PuG team that does do it.

An advantage yes, but not an insurmountable one. Especially if the people on your team are aware of the situation.

For example, focusing on a marked target without needing to be told to do so, understanding that if you and your team just successfully defended a node, the respawning team will probably try hitting the other one and that some of your team needs to start heading that direction.

If players are unwilling, or unable, to do the above then separating Premades from PuGs isn't going to help them because they will still get roflstomped by a PuG team that does do it.

Yup. Not to mention, if you've been PvP'ing long enough and are on pretty much the same time when you do PvP, you'll get to know the people you play with and against and learn who the threats are(since there's no cross server PvP, that makes it easier to get to know allies and opponents)

You missed the point. It's not about single player versus multiplayer. It's all multiplayer. A person joining the queue solo should not be punished for that action. They are still playing an MMO.

Trying to mask it is with an excuse that "they aren't social" is total BS and you know it. The queue is open to everyone. Everyone includes F2P, people with an hour to play, people with 10 hours to play.

Oh , i dont think i know that...please do not assume i am allknowing (sadly i am not). Okay so if its not single vs multi its just about more or less everyone is supposed to have fun except people who like to group up? I dont think we deserve such treatment^^ but suddenly i just loose the last bit of motivation to even keep arguing.

Have fun the way you like to do in the game you may choose at any time.

There simply is no valid argument for putting a premade group up against a bunch who solo queued. Anyone making an argument to the contrary is simply trying to maintain anunfair advantage.

Pretty short sighted

I form pre-mades (if you can call it that) with guildmates or RL friends who rarely PvP. Next you're gonna be asking for my RL friends to transfer to other servers....

As a matter of fact, I know so few hardcore PvPers that you'd be better off facing me in my pre-made as opposed to me solo queuing. If I come with a premade, its most likely 3 casuals that I'm with....which is good for you. If we didn't group up, it would just be 1 Warlord without the 3 casuals.

Edited by DarthBloodloss