The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The option to rename characters please?

If they decide to offer sex changes and species changes, a name change would be logical to add.... Like if you want to go form male to female, but you have a male name, it will still not be ideal.

Name changes are needed for sure!

Species changes will be in the summer content soon to come when cathar comes out, so name changing would fit perfectly with it.

They've already said gender changes won't happen because gender is tied to story events and companion quests.

Character name changing needs to happen. It's utterly stupid that it isn't already available. BioWare obviously knows we want it but they refuse to even acknowledge it or address their reasons for dropping it back when it was promised as a feature in the Cartel Market. It's extremely frustrating.

Edited by Zombull

There's a post elsewhere on this very forum where two CSR's were going around giving out renames for anyone who screwed up their name during server transfer. I sent them a message, but I have still not heard back from them.

Last night I started sending out requests for renames again. I'll keep sending them until someone at bEAware actually does it. The only reason I resubbed this month after four months off was I saw they were in fact offering name changes.

Customization like change gender, Species, etc.. YES.

Change Character's Name.. NO.

Name changing is part of MMO's. Not allowing it is just plain idiotic and makes no sense. Plus you don't give an explanation as to why your against this idea. If your thoughts have anything to do with people changing their names just to continue to cause trouble well that's your problem, ignore list is your friend with those types of cases. I even mentioned in this thread to make name changing option limited once per month to avoid such troubles.

I've found out a way to change my sages name by accident. (I did delete a char)

*me*Delete character>> *me*Oops support I've deleted my character can you get it back >> *support* Sure we can but we recommend you to change your name as we restore your character. >> *me* Ow nice !*me* logs in and rename char pop up window shows up...

It was a pleasant reward for me deleting my character by accident . :D

Edited by Kirameki

I've found out a way to change my sages name by accident. (I did delete a char)

*me*Delete character>> *me*Oops support I've deleted my character can you get it back >> *support* Sure we can but we recommend you to change your name as we restore your character. >> *me* Ow nice !*me* logs in and rename char pop up window shows up...

It was a pleasant reward for me deleting my character by accident . :D

Hmm wouldn't they only change your name if your original name was already taken? Or maybe it's just standard procedure? Eh who knows. Bioware still waiting on a response about this thread.

I really want to keep playing this game but a few of my characters names are pushing me away from it. Most MMO's I'd just get a Rename token and keep on trucking.Its so incredibly frustrating not being able to change your name because you've had a major fallout from your current one. if I'm not able to get name change tokens by the time Neverwinter MMO hits I'm defiantly dropping this game because of it being out of touch with what the players really want:confused::mad::(

Name changing is part of MMO's. Not allowing it is just plain idiotic and makes no sense.

No it isn't. Allowing it is plain idiotic and makes no sense.

Stop bumping it, first off its supposedly against Bioware's rules to 'bump' threads, and second its a bad idea and no good will come of it.

Edited by Icebergy

No it isn't. Allowing it is plain idiotic and makes no sense.

Stop bumping it, first off its supposedly against Bioware's rules to 'bump' threads, and second its a bad idea and no good will come of it.

It is not plain idiotic and certainly makes sense. I understand the concern that people will be using the feature for unwanted purposes, but why would you stop people from changing their names for purely cosmetic purposes? That's not fair to the legitimate players that just want a different name.

There are plenty of people that want to change their names for good, pure, and noble reasons. It's not fair to punish them because you're afraid that someone might "ninja loot" you. Stuff happens. Deal with it and get over it. Some people need to grow up and realise that not everything works out their way all the time.

Honestly, the most important thing is that this feature will generate revenue for BioWare Austin and SW:TOR. That is the biggest reason that it should be added as well as a whole lineup of other MMO-standard features that BioWare would make us pay for. Not adding them really is idiotic.

I do agree about the bumping, though. It makes the thread's value deteriorate and makes it seem less worthy.

It is not plain idiotic and certainly makes sense. I understand the concern that people will be using the feature for unwanted purposes, but why would you stop people from changing their names for purely cosmetic purposes? That's not fair to the legitimate players that just want a different name.

There are plenty of people that want to change their names for good, pure, and noble reasons. It's not fair to punish them because you're afraid that someone might "ninja loot" you. Stuff happens. Deal with it and get over it. Some people need to grow up and realise that not everything works out their way all the time.

Honestly, the most important thing is that this feature will generate revenue for BioWare Austin and SW:TOR. That is the biggest reason that it should be added as well as a whole lineup of other MMO-standard features that BioWare would make us pay for. Not adding them really is idiotic.

I do agree about the bumping, though. It makes the thread's value deteriorate and makes it seem less worthy.

The only reason why I keeping bumping this thread is because it always gets kicked off the first page of this section while armor design threads take up the space instead. Those threads are not as important compared to the name changing feature which is a big part of a mmo. If people kept this thread active I wouldn't have to keep bumping. Plus majority of the time when a thread goes off the first page, it just gets forgotten about and becomes worthless and I hate to see that happen to this thread. All I really want to know is if Bioware even reads all the threads made in this section, even the ones not on the first page. Since threads on the first page get all the attention only. They showed no indication that they would do something about renaming characters yet.

Edited by MasterofChaos

The only reason why I keeping bumping this thread is because it always gets kicked off the first page of this section while armor design threads take up the space instead. Those threads are not as important compared to the name changing feature which is a big part of a mmo. If people kept this thread active I wouldn't have to keep bumping. Plus majority of the time when a thread goes off the first page, it just gets forgotten about and becomes worthless and I hate to see that happen to this thread. All I really want to know is if Bioware even reads all the threads made in this section, even the ones not on the first page. Since threads on the first page get all the attention only. They showed no indication that they would do something about renaming characters yet.

Hmmm....even though im for any good idea in any game......how long do you really expect one thread to last. Eventually a thread will get lost in the vast sea of pages....its inevitable.

Also, when did name changing ever become a huge part of any mmo. Some offer the service for a fee....most do not. Its the whole reason why names should have a bit of thought put into them. Ive played alot of mmos in my day, and i never saw it as a great addition as you state it should be.

Im not knocking your idea. I would mabey use the service if it were available as well. Let people bump this thread with their opinions and not just bumps by yourself. People will grow weary of that after awhile.

Edited by HiltoftheDragon

Yeah I've been waiting for this feature for months, I like how they can create a hundred cartel packs but can't be bothered to implement something so simple. BW is going to learn the hard way that ignoring your customers is not how you make money.

Yep. Name changing feature would make lots of money, don't know why Bioware continues to be stubborn about it. The feature would fit in 2.1 quite well. Have restrictions like, only usable once per character every 3 months or so if needed. I just want to see the feature in game already! Don't waste such a good opportunity Bioware!

I really, really hope name changing is a part of the recustomization feature. I mean, think about it... let's say I have a Chiss with a traditional Chiss name and want to recustomize as a Twi'lek. Suddenly the name makes no sense and the usefulness of recustomization is minimized.

Please implement this Bioware! I have like 4 characters waiting for renames.

According to swtor-rp.com, this is coming in patch 2.1!

Will the Designer's features extend beyond the obvious to greater options like character's name or maybe gender?

Character Renames will also be coming in Game Update 2.1 and can be found in the unlock section of the Cartel Market. Gender changes are not in the plans.

Link to full article: [X]

I think this is a pretty reputable source, what exciting news. :) I wonder how much it will cost?

According to swtor-rp.com, this is coming in patch 2.1!

Link to full article: [X]

I think this is a pretty reputable source, what exciting news. :) I wonder how much it will cost?

This is wonderful news! Glad Bioware actually implementing this feature finally. Can't wait for 2.1 now!