[BUG] Smuggler/Bounty Hunter legs animation

Glower

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first thought when I saw that at the end. I think that was my favorite part of the patch. Now I just hope it's fixed like the note indicates!

Admittedly I was surprised to see it in the patch notes. I was starting to wonder if it was ever going to be fixed. With my Merc it was one of those bugs that while wasn't game breaking really irked the hell out of me.

Okay... :(

I cant reproduce this bug on my little smuggler, but on my (female body type 2) merc this bs is still here.

However, i cant reproduce this bug when my mercenary attacks dummy. But this is easy when out-of-combat run or Hydraulic Overrides is active. :(

and sorry about quality :)

Bioware, cmon, fix it!

Edited by Glower

Judging by the patch notes BW seem to think this is a body type 2 issue , it is not . Iam getting this bug on my body type 1 female slinger.

You're probably right. My body type 2 female powertech was no issues with the bug anymore. Or at least I think so.

• Dev Post

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the reports to let us know that this issue wasn't isolated to Body Type 2! Our testing confirms that all female dual wielder Smugglers and Bounty Hunters are still experiencing this animation issue, and we're going to fix it! (On that note, if you're a single blaster-wielding individual who still experiences this, please speak up!)

We'll be putting the bug on the Known Issues, and while I don't anticipate this fix making into the very next Game Update, we know that you're looking forward to your legs not stuttering strangely. As more info is known, we'll get you an update.

:ph_thank_you:

Hi there folks,

Thanks for the reports to let us know that this issue wasn't isolated to Body Type 2! Our testing confirms that all female dual wielder Smugglers and Bounty Hunters are still experiencing this animation issue, and we're going to fix it! (On that note, if you're a single blaster-wielding individual who still experiences this, please speak up!)

I've never had the stuttering bug, but I have noticed recently that my Scoundrel runs strangely when her gun is out now. She used to run all-out, leaning forward a bit and arms swinging. Now her arms stay closely tucked to her body, her legs make smaller steps, and she doesn't really lean forward any more. It looks bizarre; it's a little bit like someone running with their pants around their ankles.

I'll try to make a video of it when I get the chance.

Hi there folks,

We'll be putting the bug on the Known Issues, and while I don't anticipate this fix making into the very next Game Update, we know that you're looking forward to your legs not stuttering strangely. As more info is known, we'll get you an update.

I have this problem with a female body type 2 scoundrel, and a body type 1 female powertech. Both single blaster users.

All my toons are human female body type 1 and all blaster users (dual and single) have movement bug when runing with the blaster in hand(combat stance), with and without target selected.

So make sure to cover all of them during the tests.

Everydayumshufflin

Smuggler/Bounty Hunter legs animation bug:

VIDEO here:

To reproduce this bug:

1) Female (or even male... :confused:) bodytype-*2* Smuggler/Bounty Hunter with blaster(s) in his hand(s).

2) Select enemy (enemy mob, enemy player or even dummy)

3) Run not direct to enemy, but nearby to.

4) *** with legs animation? :(

This is veeeeeeery old bug ~1 year old!.. :confused: Pls, fix it! :confused:

I've never had the stuttering bug, but I have noticed recently that my Scoundrel runs strangely when her gun is out now. She used to run all-out, leaning forward a bit and arms swinging. Now her arms stay closely tucked to her body, her legs make smaller steps, and she doesn't really lean forward any more. It looks bizarre; it's a little bit like someone running with their pants around their ankles.

I'll try to make a video of it when I get the chance.

Yeah very odd animtion even without target, but with weapons in hands:

:(

We'll be putting the bug on the Known Issues,

Also... Can't find this bug in Known Issues list. :confused:

Edited by Glower

Glower, concerning the youtube video in your last post, I think that your smuggler is supposed to run like that. I have the same running animation on my powertech (female body type 2). The running animation, I think, is supposed to change when you draw your weapon, for example, look at how a sorcerer or a juggernaut runs before and after drawing their lightsaber. Edited by af_raptura

Glower, concerning the youtube video in your last post, I think that your smuggler is supposed to run like that. I have the same running animation on my powertech (female body type 2). The running animation, I think, is supposed to change when you draw your weapon, for example, look at how a sorcerer of juggernaut runs before and after drawing their lightsaber.

Yeah different animation, but not as a clown. :rolleyes:

If this is correct animation with blaster in hands, then this is terrible. :(

Hi folks, I'm just curious. I really want to play my female Scoundrel. Currently she is body type 2 and I hate this running animation. Is there any way around it?

Is there another body type that doesn't have this animation?

Looking side-on with the current animation actually looks good. Looks like a sprint. Sadly, you spend most of the time looking at their backs which looks plain horrible. The bum sways too much and the arms flail around like nobody's business.

Edited by Jayshames

Yeah different animation, but not as a clown. :rolleyes:

If this is correct animation with blaster in hands, then this is terrible. :(

Truth be told, I remember that one of the first things I noticed about this game when I started playing (February 2012) was that the female running animation while holding a pistol included moving the character's butt a a bit too much. I am not expert on human locomotion, but it always seemed a little unnatural to me. I think I kind of got used to it, though. But you never know, if you keep raising the awareness of it like you did with the leg stuttering bug, you might eventually convince a sympathetic animator at bioware to redo the animation.