Ultimate gaming rig, still laggy, please help!

Futurebound

Hey guys just bought a new, what i thought was really amazing, gaming rig in New Zealand, just upgraded from a shockingly **** laptop, it cost me 1500 (NZdollars)

why is it still laggy, it has a one TERABYTE hard drive...

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/21/2011, 11:21:13

Machine name: JONO-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.111025-1503)

Language: English (Regional Setting: English)

System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

System Model: Z68X-UD3H-B3

BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG

Processor: Intel® Core i5-2500 CPU @ 3.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.6GHz

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3248MB RAM

Page File: 1100MB used, 5392MB available

Windows Dir: C:\Windows

DirectX Version: DirectX 11

DX Setup Parameters: Not found

User DPI Setting: Using System DPI

System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)

DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled

DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Your harddrive doesnt matter concerning performance. Try toggling vertical sync on/off

I actually can impact performance dramatically. There's a noticeable difference between playing off an SSD > Quality HDD > ****** HDD.

You can only load content into memory as fast as the HDD allows that content to be read and written.

Part of the OP's problem is having a 32bit OS...instead of a 64bit.

Edited by TradewindNQ

actually decent compared to the other kid that posted his "ultimate gaming rig from best buy and geek squad"

your operating system is 32 bit, so your wasting around 5 GB of memory .. 32 bit can only use 3GB.

the system should honestly be able to run the game with no lag ..

Edited by Vikassi

------------------

System Information

------------------

Time of this report: 12/21/2011, 11:21:13

Machine name: JONO-PC

Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.111025-1503)

Memory: 8192MB RAM

Available OS Memory: 3248MB RAM

Page File: 1100MB used, 5392MB available

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

Manufacturer: NVIDIA

Chip type: GeForce GTX 560 Ti

DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC

Your problem is bolded. Win7 32-bit can only address up to 4 GB of memory space, which includes your video card. Note how the "OS Memory" is only showing 3248 MB while you have 8192 MB installed? You can't use all of your RAM because the OS can't possibly address it.

You're also using page file, which reads/writes to your TB hard disk. I would recommend turning that down and seeing what the performance looks like.

I can't help with what makes it laggy, but someone kind of goofed when they assembled this in my opinion. You are running a 32-bit operating system, but have 8 gigs of RAM. That is a waste of money for memory I'm afraid. In rough numbers, that 32-bit OS won't be able to use anything more than 4 gig of RAM (actually, it's a bit less, but that's not important).

I actually can impact performance dramatically. There's a noticeable difference between playing off an SSD > Quality HDD > ****** HDD.

You can only load content into memory as fast as the HDD allows that content to be read and written.

Hard drives are "seek" and not runtime there boss. Hard drives account for maybe 5-7% of your total performance once the game is running, and roughly about 10-15% when pre-loading a new area etc.

That said, the previous poster that stated to try toggling vertical sync is correct. You might also want to play around with the shade settings.

Just throwing this out there (in case this is a legitimate request for help):

If it is truly lag (as opposed to low framerate), your computer isn't the issue (although the 32-bit OS with 8GBs of RAM is a serious problem).

Lag is network latency and likely correlates to being in New Zealand. Your options are:

1) Upgrade your internet connection.

2) Wait for Oceanic servers.

3) Move to America or Europe?

If you instead mean low framerate, reinstall with a 64-bit OS.

HDD will pretty much only affect load times between instances not FPS.

Ultimate gaming rig, still laggy, please help!

Hmmm, that is weird. My rig runs the game flawlessly with everything set on high so your should have no issues. Here are my system specs:

CPU - x386

RAM - 128MB

GPU - Rage IIc

HDD - 6GB

Hope this helps. Latres! :D

I have almost the same system. I have an I5 2500k and a GeForce 560 and I get over 100 fps when I am alone out running around and get 70+ pvp'ing! I am using win64 but if you alt tab out and look at the memory usage it's not too much around 300 Mb if I recall correctly so that shouldn't make that big of a difference. I get 50ms ping too.

FACT: ULTIMATE GAMING rigs... don't run 32-bit OSs...

That's like saying the ULTIMATE Sports Car with 120 HPs.

if you turn on your Task manager and watch your system resources it would be a good indicator... you'll see your memory ~95% cause it's moving stuff off to your harddrive.

if you turn on your Task manager and watch your system resources it would be a good indicator... you'll see your memory ~95% cause it's moving stuff off to your harddrive.

I have an i7-920, GTX 560 Ti CU, with 6GB and while playing this game my CPU averages about 35% with spikes to about 75% and memory usage is super low at around 2.2-2.5 GB.

HDD will pretty much only affect load times between instances not FPS.

Or in the OP's case affect performance likely due to constantly paging assets.

Hard drives are "seek" and not runtime there boss. Hard drives account for maybe 5-7% of your total performance once the game is running, and roughly about 10-15% when pre-loading a new area etc.

That said, the previous poster that stated to try toggling vertical sync is correct. You might also want to play around with the shade settings.

Any time new assets are loaded into the session it will be read from the drive and put into memory. But in the OP's case he likely doesn't have enough physical memory available and as such is relying heavily on paging...a problem that would be corrected by a 64bit OS or even a higher performance HDD.

Vsync will have no effect if he's suffering from low FPS...all vsync does is tells your video card to refresh the frame buffer at the same interval as your monitor to get rid of screen tearing if your FPS is well above the refresh rate of the monitor.

Edited by TradewindNQ

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.