Metacritic score so far

relapes

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Metacritic is by far one of the best resources for determining the general quality of a game. It's unbiased in the sense that it takes all the reviews out there and creates an average. It's not some company with an agenda.

However, the problem here is there's almost no professional reviews done yet. Give it a week or so and you'll see a legit score and that's likely what people wanting to buy this game will look at, not the user score..

Yeah, plus we're probably not gonna see many reviews for awhile, Reviewing an MMO is WAY different from reviewing any other game.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

The critic score is ehhhh decent, but the user score is rather alarming.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

I really don't understand all the wow clone stuff. If you like the game play it, if not don't. Pretty simple really.

OR it proves that fanboys will blindly pay for any garbage dragging down the MMO industry.

I'm sorry, if your honestly saying metacritics user scores are justified or made by intelligent people then your intelligence level should be in question.

Edited by flunkorg

I'm sorry, if your honestly saying metacritics user scores are justified or made by intelligent people then your intelligence level should be in question.

Do you question the intelligence of professional critics, they are not even alone, swtor received alot of negative feedback from both critics and customers, wonder why? I'll let you guess why...

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/star-wars-the-old-republic

The critic score is ehhhh decent, but the user score is rather alarming.

More and more WoW clone claims, even from the positive reviews. The most positive reviews are positive like milk is cold, like not really.

The majority of the user reviews are efforts to get people going or not real reviews and just their angry point of view on the game. Anything below 6 or 7 means the game is broken and doesnt run or has bugs that hinder gameplay. People who review that low are just venting their frustration at the bursting of their self hype bubble. Most of the user reviews have probably not even played the game. Metacritic has no way to verify that people have played, owned, or have experience with the game past what people have said or what they have read.

After having been around Amazon's App store and their horrible review system set up on the Free App of the day. People destroy developers by 20 minutes past midnight. They dont give an app a chance if it wasnt what they wanted, doesnt run on their device, or they just want to get people upset.

Metacritic is the same way. I always take their user reviews with a grain of salt. Looking through it for the ones that arent 10 and arent below 5 for everything I read about on there.

Rating a piece of software, etc a 10 is just as bad as rating it in the range where it is unplayable/broken. Considering horrible games like the new Jurassic Park game gets the same user review rating on there as SW: TOR. Something is wrong and people will see it.

People just got to hate now a days. When their high expectations of getting a lot for free is burst, they try to vent in a forum where they can hide.

Do you question the intelligence of professional critics, they are not even alone, swtor received alot of negative feedback from both critics and customers, wonder why? I'll let you guess why...

You mean that 1 review from Eurogamer italy which states it as a very good game?

You must be delusional or blind because I don't see any "bad" review or any other "reviews" aside from that. And unlike you I have the brain power to form my own opinion. Hell, metacritic as a site itself is a massive joke. It even goes as far as to rate specific people. Thats down right appalling.

*snip* wonder why? I'll let you guess why...

I have never not cared so much as I don't care right now. I couldn't give a million cares, even if I was a care-illionare with a care trust fund and a HUGE portfolio full of care. If I had a priceless piece of art in my living room, which I hated and desperately needed to get rid of, and someone offered me a few hundred thousand cares for it. Then you offered to take it off my hands for a million cares I STILL wouldn't care.

I have never not cared so much as I don't care right now. I couldn't give a million cares, even if I was a care-illionare with a care trust fund and a HUGE portfolio full of care. If I had a priceless piece of art in my living room, which I hated and desperately needed to get rid of, and someone offered me a few hundred thousand cares for it. Then you offered to take it off my hands for a million cares I STILL wouldn't care.

+1

*applause's post*

You mean that 1 review from Eurogamer italy which states it as a very good game?

You must be delusional or blind because I don't see any "bad" review or any other "reviews" aside from that. And unlike you I have the brain power to form my own opinion. Hell, metacritic as a site itself is a massive joke. It even goes as far as to rate specific people. Thats down right appalling.

First of all how about stop the insults adressed directly to me? That doesnt really show much brain innit? I understand you want to defend th bone you just received fom EA/Bioware, but at least do it in a proper manner.

Second, i read 3 different swtor forums, which are full of critiism