Cartel Market Update: February 26th, 2013

AmberGreen

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lmfao.

Legacy Character Perk: Advanced Field Repair Droid is now discounted by 20%. Cost: 100 Cartel Coins

Legacy Character Perk: Advanced Field Repair Droid is now discounted by 20%. Cost: 100 Cartel Coins

Mistake methinks :rolleyes:

Gold is okay, but the only class I can see actually pulling off a look with it are consulars. Not saying you shouldn't throw consulars a bone considering how terrible their abilities/gear looks, but still. Many healer classes use primarily green-colored abilities. Sniper's Lethality also uses green abilities.

Please make green scalene gear. I implore you. PLOX.

• Dev Post

Hi folks! In case you couldn't tell, I really really like the Advanced Field Repair Droid. It's my favorite unlock.

Thanks for the heads up, though! I've updated the blog to give you the correct listing of Legacy Unlocks that will be going on sale as of tomorrow.

i'm sure all the people grinding for the scalene armour for the last two weeks won't thank you for just chucking one on the CM but hey ho. we roll with these punches now

Also would be nice if other armour items "unified" with the scalene armour a bit better. i (and i'm sure many others dont much like the headpiece) so would rather customise the outfit a little.

And on the massive 24 packs......have you guys heard of 'market saturation'? the GTN is clogged up with pages of cartel market junk...which also has NO value now for the same reason. so there is much less motivation to buy them. pretty simple economics i would have thought.

Incidentally none of this affects me because i havent been able to buy cartel coins for so long that i have given up trying lol

The cartel market just seems like a place for kiddies to play with their mum and dad's credit card:)

Feels like a total sale out. Isn't the stuff on the CM going good anymore?

About that golden gree armoring: A bad joke you can't buy that from the Event vendor. That would have been an armor for reeaching Legend rank. But oh well, nothing what really surprises me.

I'm not sure how i feel about the CM scalene armor set. I think it's closer to positive though.

Thing is, if a game already has a cash shop, it's a good approach in my eyes to make items obtainable by in-game means and put their differently skinned versions on the market. Like this everyone can get the items the way they enjoy most, and feel that their reward is unique.

Though, unfortunately, i don't think that this will be a general tendency of how they implement new CM items in the future.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Hi folks! In case you couldn't tell, I really really like the Advanced Field Repair Droid. It's my favorite unlock.

Thanks for the heads up, though! I've updated the blog to give you the correct listing of Legacy Unlocks that will be going on sale as of tomorrow.

Like... 6 posts up. :|

i'm sure all the people grinding for the scalene armour for the last two weeks won't thank you for just chucking one on the CM but hey ho. we roll with these punches now

GRINDING? For FRIEND status?! ROFL! Had a good laugh over that one....

Not much of a grind in my opinion... but at least it's not the same color as the stuff from the gree vendors.

Edited by idnewton

The Golden Scalene armour might upset a lot of people... I'm not sure how you haven't foreseen that. Some will feel they wasted their time doing the event to unlock an armour they can now just get in a second from the Cartel Market, some will be upset they spent a lot of time on it when people who didn't can just toss money at it, some will be upset because this colour looks better (in their opinion) than what they worked for, etc.

Personally I don't mind though. The red scalene, which isn't on the market, was well worth the bother I think. Also the event armour is legacy-bound, which is quite handy, whereas the Cartel Market version is not.

That would have been an armor for reeaching Legend rank.

It would've fit with the "Perfect Gold Bisector" title too. Hopefully they'll add more stuff for all the reputation levels though.

GRINDING? For FRIEND status?! ROFL! Had a good laugh over that one....

Not much of a grind in my opinion... but at least it's not the same color as the stuff from the gree vendors.

I apologise that people who dont spend 10 hours a day playing the game during a limited time event don't meet your standards for the term "grinding" lol

perhaps "gentle rubbing" would be more acceptable

#mmosemantics

It would've fit with the "Perfect Gold Bisector" title too. Hopefully they'll add more stuff for all the reputation levels though.

I hope they add more sets, too. Especially ones with white as the base color instead of black. White-gold would look pretty awesome and fit the Perfect Gold Bisector title just as well. I'd certainly buy that, be it from the Gree (preferably) or from the CM.