Farewell Mr. Gonzalez

Celwinn

Who is the new manager ?

I don't care anymore, whoever it will be, he will promise us to be more in touch with the community and be quite active for the first few weeks, and then he will do what all the comminity managers so far did here... becoming a rare sight until they finally get replaced.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow looks like all of Joveth's posts got removed from the dev tracker...Perhaps the parting of ways was not so mutual....

Maybe he got banned for writing a "I'm quitting this game" post. The same heavy handed policies that have been being used lately.

Thanks, and yes I was only talking about SWTOR community managers, have never seen this with other MMOs to this extend.

He's got almost 300 posts on here, including several every week for the last couple months.

I've been in lots of mmo games where the community managers either didn't exist or were much less likely to engage the community with things like twitter and message board posts.

He's got almost 300 posts on here, including several every week for the last couple months.

I've been in lots of mmo games where the community managers either didn't exist or were much less likely to engage the community with things like twitter and message board posts.

Sure he would send out the "hey check out what we added to the Cartel Market" posts, and the occasional "yeah that's on our wall of stuff to do" to placate a few people with minor fluff issues but in general when it came to rather serious issues or issues that one would think a senior community manager would want to chime in on and report back on with some regularity about whats going on and how said issues are being addressed he was, not surprisingly, almost non existent. Case in point, the 120+ page thread on the repair cost hike, in aaaallllll of those pages he had 1 response that was nearly as cryptic as the thread was silent from CSM's. Lord knows though he was quite active in the "you've received an infraction......" as he would swoop down from the Bioware heavens to sanitize dissenting opinions and god forbid if you disagreed with the SGR camp on something you were labeled a homophobic and everything under the sun just before he would come in erase your dissenting opinion, impose an infraction, and summarily hit you with a ban all the while leaving stuff that was as bad if not worse than what you said because he agreed with their ideology.

All this talk about how fair he was and how involved he was.....yeah right.

Well,i wish all the best to Mr.Gonzales and i thank him for all his good intentions,said that i can`t really tell that BioWare improved his communication with this guy.

i hope that the person who will replace him,will be able to change the politic of the lack of interaction with us and the robotic answers that we get most of the times and try to have a more down to earth communication with the community.

I wish Joveth all the luck in the world wherever he is headed and I think he did the best with what he had. I think his hands were tied a bit.

But this is a terrible trend imho. We have had, what, three CM's in one year? And frankly I feel like they are leaving not because they are not trying to do their job but because they are getting frustrated that their hands are tied and can't be involved with the community more. I feel like these guys are having to get approval from some higher up every time they want to post or provide any info or feedback and they finally get fed up and leave.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.