I sure am glad I never got around to doing the gear grind . . .

Heezdedjim

Gear grind in a hampster wheel style is never important. Staying about one level below max is typically easy AND let's you fully participate in any content you want to do. Any group that requires you to already be dressed in the gear that drops in that fp/op is not one worth joining. It's normally a clear sign they aren't really very good.

It isn't about the gear, if you make it about the gear you're ruining your own fun.

It is about the enjoyment of taking down a boss and progressing the story.

Ops make me feel heroic. I walk out of there, look at my character and think "hot damn you're bad ***".

It adds to the connection you have with your char, if you care for such a thing. Also the gear is nice and makes dailies fly by.

I'm like 3 mods away from full 63. Derp.

Stopping now though, gonna sell the stabs I collect for now on and just wait for 2.0. Guess those things will be worthless soon. I hope they add a grade 9 mat box to the space missions since collecting stabs was the only thing they were really useful for.

Its already available via SM Ops and HM FPs. You can earn BH comms doing those which gets you Black Hole gear.

Yeah, but this is like they increased the amount of BH comms you get tenfold. How does 50 BH comms from running a single HM FP sound? Or hundreds of BH comms from a single op?

Yeah, but this is like they increased the amount of BH comms you get tenfold. How does 50 BH comms from running a single HM FP sound? Or hundreds of BH comms from a single op?

BH and Hazmat gear will be the new Columi/Rakata of today.

People seem to be forgetting that there will be new tier(s) of gear available, and level 50 bh/hazmat gear will be optimal (maybe even not optimal) to farm the new level 55 gear, similar to how columi/rakata gear is optimal for farming bh gear/etc.

This happens every time new tiers of gear become available and the difficulty is increased, deal with it.

Edited by KTap

Gear grind in a hampster wheel style is never important. Staying about one level below max is typically easy AND let's you fully participate in any content you want to do. Any group that requires you to already be dressed in the gear that drops in that fp/op is not one worth joining. It's normally a clear sign they aren't really very good.

Where have you been all my SWTOR life? I <3 this response! :D

someone who gets it.

Black Hole from story mode ops and level 50 FPs. It pays to be lazy.

You got it all wrong. Wearing the gear isn't the part that I care about. Being BiS doesn't do much in terms of "showing off" on the fleet. It's about beating the content. And the best gear will give you the best change of beating that content. So feel free to BH comms when 2.0 drops. No one cares at this point. I don't expect you to care that I'm fully DG'd. All of that was to beat all the content out there right now.

This happens with every major update to a game that raises level caps or issues new and improved gear. This happens in WoW every 2 years. It's not that big a deal; I'm not sure why people are freaking out. Yes, I know you worked your @ss off for Dreadguard gear. However, we all knew the level cap would be raised by the end of the year, meaning the top-tier gear would no longer be. It's the ebb and flow of scaled gear in MMOs.

Fraps your raids, be proud of our accomplishments, look forward to new challenges.

And honestly, I'm glad to see Tionese/Columi/Rakata/Black Hole gear go. Most of it was butt-ugly (with a couple of exceptions), and most folks are either wearing moddable mix-and-match Cartel or Orange gear anyway. It's the mods that count.

You got it all wrong. Wearing the gear isn't the part that I care about. Being BiS doesn't do much in terms of "showing off" on the fleet. It's about beating the content. And the best gear will give you the best change of beating that content. I don't expect you to care that I'm fully DG'd. All of that was to beat all the content out there right now.

More importantly, HM Athiss/Cadimemu/Hammer Station is apparently tuned for DG, so people trying to do it in BH will struggle more than the rest of us.

In the short-term, players who have hard-earned high stat gear will find that gear still relevant as they level through Makeb. More than likely that gear would not be replaced until levels 54 or 55.

Hope that helps! :csw_jabbapet:

Edited by AshlaBoga

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.