A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Do I enjoy it? No, but neither do I refuse to do it, unlike some others. That is the difference.

Hallelujah. That's right, you don't like it. And just like any other service based business that cuts what was previously offered, the customer has the right to object. I'm sure if your cell phone coverage was unilaterally reduced (which many plans allow) you'd just sit back and take that too. Or wait, maybe you'd question the carrier why you were paying the same amount for reduced services. At this point, I have no idea what you are about. As if you are taking some moral high-ground by criticizing paying customers for voicing their displeasure at paying the same for less. Yes, shut up and take it is the right thing to do here. what in the hell.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And we have see your worthless sentiment many times as well. believe it or not you have a vastly inexcusible ignorant view of what an entitled crowd is. Those asking for something for absolutely nothing in exchange yes you are right. But that is not what those are.. youre pathetically ill excused manors and hidiously assinine assumption towards other paying customers is a joke at best.

I pay to play a game that entertains me. im not asking for that game to be free, or a hand out. im a paying and valid customer no different then you.

Actually, if you read the TOS, you would know that what you are actually paying for is the right to access EA/BW's servers, and nothing else. For that subscription price, EA/BW now includes a monthly stipend on cartel coins and the opportunity to play the game without the restrictions that F2P and preferred status players have. You do have to option to stop paying that subscription fee if you feel that you are not getting your money's worth, but that subscription fee does not entitle you to lower repair costs, or to be able to do only those things you consider "fun".

I am also willing to work through content to get to the gear i want. also not asking for it to just be handed to me for logging in. but this is because i enjoy the crawl through dungeons. its entertaining to me and so its worth my EARNED money to spend on the game to work through those dungeons.

I am not willing to pay my EARNED money towards tediously dull and boring dailies that i do not find entertaining just to work through content i actually enjoy. i already did the work to do that (ie my real life job) and the grind through lvls to get there.

again not one part of my money to play the game was entitled... i work for a living

not one part of my lvling process was given.... i did the time

not one part of the push through regular, hm, nm etc was given to me.... i put the time in for it

but guess what all of that was fun and enjoyable. and not one bit was given or entitled.... The difference between you and me is i value my life, my time, and my money... meaning if i am spending money, and time on something then i want a positive return on it... ie enjoyable entertainment. thats not asking for handouts thats a given... in no other industry on the planet (except for maybe college) do we pay money and time to work. and yet you somehow find your pathetic attempt to call hard working people that pay their money and do the time to get to the content lazy for wanting to actually continue to enjoy what they paid for... rediuclous

I earn my money to pay for this game through hard work as well, 50+ hours a week, so none of my money was entitled. I did the time to level, my level 50's were not given to me, either. I have run the FP's to get the gear I have, so none of that was given to me. Did I enjoy leveling my 50's? Yes, I did, but not all players enjoy the leveling process. Some find that repeating the planet quests for the umpteenth time is "work". Why not give them free 50's? Should they have to suffer through what they feel is tedious and boring work that provides no challenge simply because you found that aspect of the game to be enjoyable? Why should you be entitled to avoid what you feel is "work" and not think that others should be entitled to the same opportunity to avoid what they feel is "work"? After all, they are paying customers, just as you are. I'm sure that they value their life, their time and their money as much as you do, and as much as I value mine.

Before you go trying to put words into my mouth, I'm not saying that I want everyone to have free 50's or free campaign gear. I'm saying that what you find enjoyable, some may consider "work". I've yet to see the numbers of people asking for free 50's or free campaign gear even come close to the numbers of people who simply refuse to use methods already in place to address the increased repair costs, opting instead for making excuses as to why they refuse to do so, or demanding that EA/BW solve the problem for them by removing the increased repair costs.

this is the same as saying hey we think there was an error in the amount we have been giving you to work for us. we have corrected the error and adjusted your pay hence from 15 an hour that youve been at youll now earn 10 an hour. thankyou and have a nice day. and you just take it...

the rest of us see that cut as inexcusible and are looking for a new job (game) to fit with our requirements to keep working...

This analogy sums it up. Can't make it anymore clearer than this.

Hallelujah. That's right, you don't like it. And just like any other service based business that cuts what was previously offered, the customer has the right to object. I'm sure if your cell phone coverage was unilaterally reduced (which many plans allow) you'd just sit back and take that too. Or wait, maybe you'd question the carrier why you were paying the same amount for reduced services. At this point, I have no idea what you are about. As if you are taking some moral high-ground by criticizing paying customers for voicing their displeasure at paying the same for less. Yes, shut up and take it is the right thing to do here. what in the hell.

1000 internets for you :p

this is the problem with biodrones or hell, fanbois in general

they KNOW that BW (or their respective fandom) made a error or mistake, instead of them just letting ppl trying to correct these errors, they just chose to warp the situation in any way to justify their defense and call everyone else "entitled" "lazy" and etc. there is a reason why swtor lost a huge chunk of its subs before and why the game devs hasnt fix alot of problems within the game,and it is called biodrones. they are the ones leading BW down this path of self destruction by merely accepting every asinine moronic move made by BW/EA and shun anyone who say differently.

Edited by astrobearx

Actually, if you read the TOS, you would know that what you are actually paying for is the right to access EA/BW's servers, and nothing else. For that subscription price, EA/BW now includes a monthly stipend on cartel coins and the opportunity to play the game without the restrictions that F2P and preferred status players have. You do have to option to stop paying that subscription fee if you feel that you are not getting your money's worth, but that subscription fee does not entitle you to lower repair costs, or to be able to do only those things you consider "fun".

I earn my money to pay for this game through hard work as well, 50+ hours a week, so none of my money was entitled. I did the time to level, my level 50's were not given to me, either. I have run the FP's to get the gear I have, so none of that was given to me. Did I enjoy leveling my 50's? Yes, I did, but not all players enjoy the leveling process. Some find that repeating the planet quests for the umpteenth time is "work". Why not give them free 50's? Should they have to suffer through what they feel is tedious and boring work that provides no challenge simply because you found that aspect of the game to be enjoyable? Why should you be entitled to avoid what you feel is "work" and not think that others should be entitled to the same opportunity to avoid what they feel is "work"? After all, they are paying customers, just as you are. I'm sure that they value their life, their time and their money as much as you do, and as much as I value mine.

Before you go trying to put words into my mouth, I'm not saying that I want everyone to have free 50's or free campaign gear. I'm saying that what you find enjoyable, some may consider "work". I've yet to see the numbers of people asking for free 50's or free campaign gear even come close to the numbers of people who simply refuse to use methods already in place to address the increased repair costs, opting instead for making excuses as to why they refuse to do so, or demanding that EA/BW solve the problem for them by removing the increased repair costs.

and we are aware that we are paying to access there servers / game. but we are customers and they are in the customer service industry. they can treat that as they want but at the end of the day our money keeps them in play. we are telling them vocally and with our money that their decission here is not acceptable and if they keep it we will stop paying for that access. no ones saying they dont have the right to do this just its unacceptable to us to continue on if they continue this thought.

and what is it that others think is work? the run through dungeons for that gear? fine i admit there are those that feel that way but they are free to walk as well. we all have to work through that. and even though i love the dungeons there are plenty that are just plain tedious and work to get through but thats the experience i paid for. no dailies hence im eaving. i am saying though that your value of whats worth your time (ie willing to work through more grinding for the same thing that required less a day earlier) doesnt compute for most of us. the fact you think us entitled for being against to the point of walking this hike in time spent in tedium for the same content is whats assinine.

and what you dont seem to understand is of course people are refusing to do MORE work they already were doing for the same outcome. IE this is the difference - the grind to 50, the time spent in dungeons, etc is all a given.

being told that with the... for example... 10 hours a week you have to play you have to go from 3 hours of farming to 6-7 to do the dungeons you enjoy is what people are up in arms against. essentially going from 30 percent time spent in boredom to over half or more. do you see the picture yet.

people aren't entitled they are disgusted. theres a difference.

Edited by antiheroxi

As paying customers that have agreed to live by that tos, our first action when faced with a change like this is to speak out(which is perfectly fine by the TOS. Our next action, which is also fine by the TOS, is to unsubscribe and find another game which will hopefully pay attention to business. This will leave EA, the devs, the TOS and people that feel as you do to continue with SWTOR. If this is enough for EA to continue running the game, more power to ya. If not then there are some devs that might regret pissing off large numbers of customers. In the long run, no one will die, countries will not fall, and no animal will be harmed in the making of this game. All games have a life span, some longer, some shorter. we will see where this one falls in that.

that is the difference. you are willing to just accept the slap in face each and every time you farm for more credits for the same content and keep paying. this doesnt make you better then anyone just more subservient to the system. for some reason or another you take pride in the fact you are being forced to pay the same amount for the ever more boredom through grinds to do the same task. Youre the same crowd that would take a pay cut and just tough it out.

and yes theres no difference. this is the same as saying hey we think there was an error in the amount we have been giving you to work for us. we have corrected the error and adjusted your pay hence from 15 an hour that youve been at youll now earn 10 an hour. thankyou and have a nice day. and you just take it...

the rest of us see that cut as inexcusible and are looking for a new job (game) to fit with our requirements to keep working...

I take pride in the fact that I do not demand that someone else solve my problem for me. I take pride in the fact that I will make use of the methods available to me to solve the problem and not find excuses why I refused to do so. I wasn't aware that pointing out that I do not have an entitled attitude or have to find excuses for being lazy equated to me claiming that I am better than anyone.

Would I be happy to take a pay cut? No. Will I take a pay cut and just tough it out? That depends. If I enjoy my work, and I'm still able to put food on the table for my family and a roof over their heads, then I might just stick around. I have found that a job I enjoy that pays a little less is infinitely better than a job that I hate, but that pays more. If I do not enjoy my job, then I will tough it out for as long as it takes me to find another job, in order to keep some money coming in so that I can continue to do what I can to put food on the table for my wife and kids, and a roof over their heads. That would be me solving my own problems again, and not demanding that someone else solve them for me by demanding that my pay be reverted to my previous pay rate.

That can translate to the game as well. I have not found a game I enjoy as much as this one. I enjoy the limited time I get to play. I am planning to stick around so I will find a way to deal with the increased repair costs. Some may find that the enjoyment they get from the game is no longer worth the price they pay. Those players have the option to stop paying the subscription fee and either walk away from the game, or to continue to play as a preferred status player. Since a preferred status player pays no monthly fee, I would hope that they find the game worth the price they would be paying at that point.

All I want is a level playing field.

Let the repair costs apply to ALL players, including the PVPers. A Pvper death costs as much as a Pver death.

Watch the screams.... :D

and when the Pvpers scream, for some odd reason, EA listens(they should know better).

I take pride in the fact that I do not demand that someone else solve my problem for me. I take pride in the fact that I will make use of the methods available to me to solve the problem and not find excuses why I refused to do so. I wasn't aware that pointing out that I do not have an entitled attitude or have to find excuses for being lazy equated to me claiming that I am better than anyone.

Would I be happy to take a pay cut? No. Will I take a pay cut and just tough it out? That depends. If I enjoy my work, and I'm still able to put food on the table for my family and a roof over their heads, then I might just stick around. I have found that a job I enjoy that pays a little less is infinitely better than a job that I hate, but that pays more. If I do not enjoy my job, then I will tough it out for as long as it takes me to find another job, in order to keep some money coming in so that I can continue to do what I can to put food on the table for my wife and kids, and a roof over their heads. That would be me solving my own problems again, and not demanding that someone else solve them for me by demanding that my pay be reverted to my previous pay rate.

That can translate to the game as well. I have not found a game I enjoy as much as this one. I enjoy the limited time I get to play. I am planning to stick around so I will find a way to deal with the increased repair costs. Some may find that the enjoyment they get from the game is no longer worth the price they pay. Those players have the option to stop paying the subscription fee and either walk away from the game, or to continue to play as a preferred status player. Since a preferred status player pays no monthly fee, I would hope that they find the game worth the price they would be paying at that point.

considering preferred has severe limitations then no its not worth it.

also we are not asking others to solve our problem we are telling the people in charge of creating the problem to fix the problem they created or we are gone. and we arent entitled for expecting the people that caused the problem to resolve the problem thats just customer service. if as a stylist i mess up a color and my customer come back at me to fix the problem its well within their rights to demand the change. at that point i have the option to refuse and lose the customer forever or fix it and try to preserve the relationship. at the end of the day though the client never had a entitled attitude. they just demanded the product they had or have paid for. the same is true of this situation.

i think many of us have found this until now more enjoyable then any other game in the market and is why we are here but at the loss in service or as i said earlier the pay cut we are choking down its no longer the case. more time spent in tedium means less fun. less fun makes the cost benefit ratio change for us.

and im glad you found the pay cut fine thats great keep playing. dont call us entitled because we dont agree with you. that attitude of calling us lazy, entitled etc for refusing to accept a loss of service, pay cut, whatever makes sense for you doesnt make us lazy but rather disgruntled customers and possibly ex customers..

and this game isnt really any different then anything else on the market besides the skins (granted i love the GS style that isnt in another game) but the swtor universe is enjoyable. that said for most of us its not more enjoyable then going to some other theme for the lower price we used to pay.

That's right. I don't like it. I am not required to like it. I have the right to object and have many times exercised that right. I have the right to take my business elsewhere, and have many times exercised that right, as well.

I also have the right to evaluate each case on its own merits. What am I losing? What, if any, are the increased costs? Is there another option? Is there another company offering a better deal for a comparable service? I evaluate and make a decision.

We all have the right voice our displeasure. If you feel that I am criticizing you for voicing your displeasure, then I apologize. There is a huge difference, though, between simply voicing one's displeasure and outright refusing to use methods available to you to solve a problem, expecting someone else to solve it for you.

i am saying though that your value of whats worth your time (ie willing to work through more grinding for the same thing that required less a day earlier) doesnt compute for most of us.

What do you do when the price of gas goes up and you can no longer afford to take that trip to the beach for the weekend? Do you skip those trips to the beach to spend the weekends in the beach house for which you pay the mortgage? Do you work a few more hours overtime to be able to afford the higher gas prices so you can continue to spend the weekends at the beach in your beach house? Why would you be willing to work through more grind for the same thing that required less grind last week?

Would you go the the gas station and expect them to sell you gas for the same price you paid last week? Would you go to your boss and expect him to pay you more simply because the price of gas went up? Would you sell your beach house since you weren't willing to work a little extra overtime to be able to afford the gas for those trips?

Why is it acceptable then to expect EA/BW to sell you gas for last week's prices by lowering the repair costs to what they were prior to 1.7?

Hey folks,

I just wanted to step in here to let you know that we are actively investigating this and we will update you as soon as we have more information. We apologize for the inconvenience, but rest assured that we're looking into it.

Eh so this a bug of some sort? Thats a relief. I don't mind grinding for credits but if i can have more time to spend doing ops and not worrying about repairs as much that would be nice too.

Edited by Amlici

What do you do when the price of gas goes up and you can no longer afford to take that trip to the beach for the weekend? Do you skip those trips to the beach to spend the weekends in the beach house for which you pay the mortgage? Do you work a few more hours overtime to be able to afford the higher gas prices so you can continue to spend the weekends at the beach in your beach house? Why would you be willing to work through more grind for the same thing that required less grind last week?

Would you go the the gas station and expect them to sell you gas for the same price you paid last week? Would you go to your boss and expect him to pay you more simply because the price of gas went up? Would you sell your beach house since you weren't willing to work a little extra overtime to be able to afford the gas for those trips?

Why is it acceptable then to expect EA/BW to sell you gas for last week's prices by lowering the repair costs to what they were prior to 1.7?

Ok... this is the most asinine argument I've seen yet. If an increase to the price of gasoline suddenly impedes your ability to visit your beach house, then you probably shouldn't have beach house to begin with.

Furthermore, if the cost of living goes up (and yes, gasoline can be considered a cost of living.) then you absolutely go to your boss and ask for a raise. Assuming, of course, that the price of gasoline also affects the cost of your commute.

Your other options include public transportation, car pooling, or cutting back on other luxuries to better afford higher priority luxuries.

I suppose the crux of this debate becomes how many people are against the absurd repair cost increase some people are seeing, and how many people are against any repair cost increase at all.

But in general terms, Ratajack seems to make arguments purely based on how he perceives the game to work, and seems to have very little interest in any one else's views about how the game does or should work.

He doesn't care if he has to grind more to do something, therefore, no one else should care either.

I'm sorry Ratajack, the world doesn't work that way. If I have the power to change something I dislike, I am absolutely going to try. There is no slippery slope here... because if you give a mouse a cookie, but don't want to give him a glass of milk... then when he asks for a glass of milk, say no.

That being said, if it turns out that there is a bug here, and the repair costs are higher for some people than they expected or intended and then they fix it, then my job here is done. I don't care if repair costs increase at an acceptable rate pertaining to the bug fix they said this was supposed to be.

But if this was an attempt to create more of a money sink from repair costs then I absolutely am going to be vocal on the matter, because I don't perceive this to be the best way to achieve that end.

Just to weigh in with my 2 credits, I don't play MMOs to feel like I'm at work. If I wanted to complete the same mind numbing task day in and day out, I'd work at a grocery store or something. That's all daily quests are, menial labor. With these increased repairs, it seems to me that I either have to do dailies, or buy and sell Cartel Packs to make enough money. Because they overuse dailies, I don't play WoW any more. Despite it having more features, a lot more end game, and, in my experience, quicker and more personal customer service, doing dailies still got boring quick. I could only imagine I'd have even less of a tolerance for them here. Don't go this route, please.

There is a huge difference, though, between simply voicing one's displeasure and outright refusing to use methods available to you to solve a problem, expecting someone else to solve it for you.

The problem is this: the cost of repair is too high such that it requires the player to engage in unenjoyable and tedious credit farming. You admit above that not even you like it. And there is only one entity that can fix that problem - Bioware. I can't fix it. You can't fix it. We don't have access to the code to fix it. Only Bioware can fix it. Now how do we get them to fix the problem?

(1) We can ask them to fix it, which is what most people on this thread are doing; (2) we can unsub and leave the game, which really doesn't fix the problem for anybody else but me; or (3) we can do nothing - your preferred course of (non)action - that will almost certainly not result in a fix. The only one I see refusing to use the methods available to get the problem fixed is you. What do you suggest (besides doing nothing, as that isn't a solution to anything) to get Bioware to fix the problem?

He doesn't care if he has to grind more to do something, therefore, no one else should care either.

And this is what is incomprehensible. He actually states he doesn't want more grind:

Do I enjoy it? No, but neither do I refuse to do it, unlike some others. That is the difference.

Then his solution is to do nothing about it. lol. It's starting to look like motives need to be questioned.

Is it possible for an MMO to have NO aspect to it that someone might consider tedious, boring or provides no challenge? Yes, but then in all likelihood it wouldn't be a true MMO. It would be an online world in which everyone was handed everything they wanted without having to "work" or put forth any effort in order to obtain it.

I've heard the "limited time" excuse for refusing to put forth any effort so many times now from the entitled crowd it seems to be becoming a mantra for them. As stated before, I myself have very limited time to play, probably less than most of the people using the "limited time" excuse. The difference between us is that I am actually willing to put forth some effort and earn a few extra credits during some of my limited time. Since I am actually willing to put forth some effort, I do not find myself in the position the entitled crowd does, that of having to make excuses for laziness.

its possible to minimize it. giving people starter gear upon hitting lvl 50 minimizes it. they still need to make effort to be able to go for harder ops and harder flashpoints (LI) but at least they can start enjoying the content while "working" towards more content - straight away.

it used to be that after crappy flashpoint run I'd either break even after repairs or would lose some credits but not to many. good run was profitable in addition to being fun. if I did dailies, it was because I wanted to buy something with daily coms. I did dailies maybe once a week mostly for blackhole weekly.. sometimes not even that. now I barely break even with one wipe. I barely make any extras with a perfect run.

this word entitled, that you claim limited time to play is an excuse shows just how ignorant you are. because you think people SHOULD be spending their leisurely time on doing activities that they don't enjoy.

no other form of entertainment requires it to this extent. the most I can think is quick cleanup after certain activities (like say painting) watching TV certainly doesn't require it. reading doesn't require it. playing board games or card games or going to the park to play some football or whatever, doesn't require it.

the fact that MMO's are SUPPOSED to require you to do something outside of what you find fun in order to be able to have said fun? is bull.

unlike real life MMO money doesn't have to be a subject to this type of inflation. because its still pixels. you don't raise the cost of pixels arbitrarily, why? because you don't have to. because supply is always artificial and always remains more constant then in real life. because pixel stuff is not subject to natural limits, only artificial ones.

when the price of gas goes up in real world? it goes up because its become harder to get, takes longer to transport, etc etc. it doesn't raise "just because" and guess what. in a good economy salaries rise with a price of gas to compensate, so the ratio of earning vs spending remains roughly the same. the fact that salaries right now are not raising as fast as prices, is one of the signs of depression. but unlike real life, MMO's do not have to be subject to same.

the fact that you are willing to put up with it, doesn't mean everyone else should. the fact that you are willing to waste your time on unpleasant activities and have less time remaining on pleasant ones - doesn't mean everyone else should or that its even a good thing to begin with.

this is not real life.

its

a

video

GAME

Snip........................ this is the same as saying hey we think there was an error in the amount we have been giving you to work for us. we have corrected the error and adjusted your pay hence from 15 an hour that youve been at youll now earn 10 an hour. thankyou and have a nice day. and you just take it...

I take it you've never had much dealings with the tax man then? Oh yes he doesn't care whether you change jobs either.

I've also worked for employers who have incorrectly overpaid me (in effect giving me cheaper repairs than I should get) and immediately reduced my wages to what they should be with a payback option for the extra. At least BW aren't asking you to pay back what you should have paid.

The problem is this: the cost of repair is too high such that it requires the player to engage in unenjoyable and tedious credit farming. You admit above that not even you like it. And there is only one entity that can fix that problem - Bioware. I can't fix it. You can't fix it. We don't have access to the code to fix it. Only Bioware can fix it. Now how do we get them to fix the problem?

(1) We can ask them to fix it, which is what most people on this thread are doing; (2) we can unsub and leave the game, which really doesn't fix the problem for anybody else but me; or (3) we can do nothing - your preferred course of (non)action - that will almost certainly not result in a fix. The only one I see refusing to use the methods available to get the problem fixed is you. What do you suggest (besides doing nothing, as that isn't a solution to anything) to get Bioware to fix the problem?

I've said several times that if there is a new bug and repair costs are higher than the devs intended, that this new bug needs to be fixed. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I need to do to be able to enjoy those things I like doing in the game. Most of the posters in this thread are not simply asking the devs to fix the new bug. Most are demanding that the repair costs be reverted to pre 1.7 costs, or threatening to quit if they are not, while refusing to even consider doing anything to offset the cost of the increased repair bills while this issue is being investigated.

I've said several times that if there is a new bug and repair costs are higher than the devs intended, that this new bug needs to be fixed. In the meantime, I'm going to do what I need to do to be able to enjoy those things I like doing in the game. Most of the posters in this thread are not simply asking the devs to fix the new bug. Most are demanding that the repair costs be reverted to pre 1.7 costs, or threatening to quit if they are not, while refusing to even consider doing anything to offset the cost of the increased repair bills while this issue is being investigated.

No, just answer the question. What do you suggest we do to get Bioware to fix the problem?

No, just answer the question. What do you suggest we do to get Bioware to fix the problem?

I can only say that throwing a temper tantrum and holding your breath til you turn blue doesn't usually get much accomplished. Generally a more mature and rational approach works best.

And how much money do you make in a TFB comms run?

Maybe they should reduce the repair costs, seeing as it's so devastating.

Instead of using that as a credit sink, maybe they should just reduce quest reward credits. So many people here hate doing them anyway. Their idea of "fun" appears not to involve dailies, so if they just want to run FPs and Ops, reduce the credit rewards.

Chances are, if THAT happens, they'll get upset that nothing is worth doing because they don't "get anything" from it. They do not understand the necessity of balancing the economy with credit sinks, nor the risks of removing sinks and just handing over all of the credits. Yes, you'll hurt if you don't try to earn credits. That's how MMOs work.

Maybe you should go back and read through more of the thread. Go do the work to find where others, myself included suggested better ideas for money sinks over the steep rise in repair costs. Things that would have people dropping credits hand over fist.

Edited by Hyfy