A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

I still don't see how this pertains to the debate in question. There is something potentially wrong with repair costs and a decent portion of us would like to know what is going on.

In no way have I tried to dictate how they create the challenge in this game beyond expressing a desire to not be forced to do repetitive content I don't enjoy in order to experience the content I do enjoy.

sorryif I am responding to the wrong person. I agree there is something seriously wrong with repair costs and the devs should be ashamed for not even responding about the problem.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could recover a lot of good will with a simple post: "We ****ed up and tonight we will revert the change to what it was in 1.6 even though it will undo our plans to create more money sinks and grinds. This was a boneheaded move that wasted our the valuable time of our employees and customers. Please accept our apologies."

Wholeheartedly agree.

except they're right, it's extremely easy to get credits

As easy as it may be it is also incredibly time consuming and mind numbingly BORING

I thought SWTOR was intended to be entertainment and a leisure activity... not a 2nd job:confused:

I just created a poll to gauge the number of people who are actually unsubscribing because of this.

If you have unsubscribed or have decided to unsubscribe please go make your voice heard.

Click here to go to the post

It will be good for the community at large to see how many people are sufficiently unhappy to vote with their wallets (and their feet)

Huh, funny, if it wasn't for all these post, I would have probably not noticed anything. The change came in 1.7.0, and I have not noticed my credit balance to go down much...

Yup, same here. I guess people were used to paying less than 3k creds per death.

It is always painful, but give it a few of weeks and hardly anyone will remember how much they used to pay for repairs before 1.7.

Edited by Ceyvel

You are very funny.

500k/day for dailies, not including the new event or voss, not including PvP or Op/FP dailies and weeklies, not including space missions, is throwing money at you. Oh, that doesn't include selling the daily rewards, 15k-28k/ea. or crafted items, or mission items (gifts and mats), or random vendored greens/blues/junk. It all adds up.

Tonight, I did 16m HM xeno and 16m SM xeno. My repair costs, in full Campaign? 98 credits. For each instance.

Edited by Nicolettexiv

As easy as it may be it is also incredibly time consuming and mind numbingly BORING

I thought SWTOR was intended to be entertainment and a leisure activity... not a 2nd job:confused:

Cannot agree more.

I am NOT gonna spend days and weeks for stupid grinding just to be able to afford an accidental wipe repair costs of 80 K credits.

Sorry, but this was supposed to be the entrainment thing, not the coal mine.

I still don't see how this pertains to the debate in question. There is something potentially wrong with repair costs and a decent portion of us would like to know what is going on.

Did you not play before 1.2, when repair costs were ridiculously high? The current repair costs are still cheaper than they were. Not to mention the cost of extracting augments. Let me repeat that, the costs used to be much, much higher than they are now.

They've stated that the system was flawed previously, as it was not taking into account the level/quality of modifications in the gear. Repair costs were only being based on the item's shell. That is why they've increased.

Dont use stims, heal packs, companions etc. It isnt that hard. do 3 man hm runs. there are a lot of ways to increase your challenge. stop trying to force your vision of what a game should be on everyone else. you were the one that complained that the game was too easy. Some people play for the social interaction, not for frustration or to be a rat on a treadmill.

Or just don't die.

Cannot agree more.

I am NOT gonna spend days and weeks for stupid grinding just to be able to afford an accidental wipe repair costs of 80 K credits.

Sorry, but this was supposed to be the entrainment thing, not the coal mine.

Uhhh... This game consists of questing, running group operations and flashpoints, as well as PvP, all while in a glorified chat room. These involve missions. This is the entertainment.

Corellia takes maybe 30 minutes if run efficiently, with a friend. Belsavis: Section X, perhaps 45-1 hour if you can find a group in a reasonable amount of time. Illum, maybe 20-30 minutes. I'd hardly call that an all day grind. Plus, you get commendations for end game items - Dread Guard or Campaign relics, Rakata implants and earpieces (the implants can be sold for 100k+) .. so it's part of the game, and what is supposed to be entertaining. It's a quest based MMO. Mind you, one day, three hours, would cover your repairs for more than a week, unless you die often. Which, in that case, I'd suggest revising your game play strategies. Run them with a friend, and you've got a decent way to kill time prior to your raid/group pvp/etc. etc. It really is what you make it.

Also, TFB SM Comms run gives a crazy amount of credits. And it's easy. I mean... I just do. not. get it.

I also want to add that the cost of extracting augments is also ridiculous.

On one hand, BW came up with a great solution to the perennial MMO gear problem 'I like the look of X but want to have the stats of Y' but then hobbled it by effectively taxing players who wanted to make their characters look 'just so' - which is an important part of SW. The sales for SW action figures must be in the millions - if not billions.

So I think the augment tax should also be removed.

And while their at it, lets have augment kits got every item in the game ie green and even white items can accept purple augments and have their base stats boosted accordingly.

Did you not play before 1.2, when repair costs were ridiculously high? The current repair costs are still cheaper than they were. Not to mention the cost of extracting augments. Let me repeat that, the costs used to be much, much higher than they are now.

They've stated that the system was flawed previously, as it was not taking into account the level/quality of modifications in the gear. Repair costs were only being based on the item's shell. That is why they've increased.

Or just don't die.

Uhhh... This game consists of questing, running group operations and flashpoints, as well as PvP, all while in a glorified chat room. These involve missions. This is the entertainment.

Corellia takes maybe 30 minutes if run efficiently, with a friend. Belsavis: Section X, perhaps 45-1 hour if you can find a group in a reasonable amount of time. Illum, maybe 20-30 minutes. I'd hardly call that an all day grind. Plus, you get commendations for end game items - Dread Guard or Campaign relics, Rakata implants and earpieces (the implants can be sold for 100k+) .. so it's part of the game, and what is supposed to be entertaining. It's a quest based MMO. Mind you, one day, three hours, would cover your repairs for more than a week, unless you die often. Which, in that case, I'd suggest revising your game play strategies. Run them with a friend, and you've got a decent way to kill time prior to your raid/group pvp/etc. etc. It really is what you make it.

Also, TFB SM Comms run gives a crazy amount of credits. And it's easy. I mean... I just do. not. get it.

not everyone has 4 hours a day to grind or 2 for credits to run a op or two per week, if you want hardcore gaming great but many joined after 1.2 so this was a massive slap in the face.

I, like many others are bored to death of running dailies it is not entertainment at all and does feel like a job and not a game....it is a GAME!.

but i will say you must be one of those that does not want others to have what you have..silly elitist self entitlement issue you have there.

I also want to add that the cost of extracting augments is also ridiculous.

On one hand, BW came up with a great solution to the perennial MMO gear problem 'I like the look of X but want to have the stats of Y' but then hobbled it by effectively taxing players who wanted to make their characters look 'just so' - which is an important part of SW. The sales for SW action figures must be in the millions - if not billions.

So I think the augment tax should also be removed.

And while their at it, lets have augment kits got every item in the game ie green and even white items can accept purple augments and have their base stats boosted accordingly.

Are you joking?? I can't tell if you're trolling or not. They're HALF the price they used to be. It used to be 20-25k, if not more, to extract a single mod. Now it's more like 8k-12k. I swear the forum users won't be pleased until everything is nearly free, and quick and easy to obtain. And who would put a purple augment into a white item? Definitely trolling.

You're good, you.

Be thankful that our police only beat up one guy in lockup to death every day... The Syrian secret police are murdering by the hundreds! :rolleyes:

spokeperson for a car manufacturer: "The brakes not engaging when the car goes above 50mph is an intended safety feature to ensure drivers dont speed! "

just because something is "working as intended" doesnt mean it isnt broken. it just means the guy who designed it is an idiot.

Or just don't die.

you also take damage from normal wear and tear. Yesterday doing the illum event, no deaths at all but still 12k repairs. And I repair at the end of every single day. so I started out at 100% armour.

What about when you run flashpoints with group finder and some random newbie who doesnt speak any english and doesnt listen to instructions causes the group to wipe??

what about if i want to help a new player learn the mechanics of a flashpoint and he screws up on his first time causing me to die?

what about when we have an inexperienced tank who loses aggro or healer who doesnt know how to prioritise causing a dps to die?

what about when a bug causes your companion to not re-appear when you jump off (or get pulled off) your speeder and fight an elite/champ mob?

and I dont understand why you seem to want to force everyone to conform to your playstyle and your idea of what is fun and entertaining.

MY time is precious and I only have 2-3 hours a day to play max. Being forced to grind dailies is - not - fun!

Ok, my point is that I play max for an 1 hour per day. And not every day. Cannot spend more.

I also do not craft, cos no real progress is obtainable except focusing on it full time! (not like it side thing that goes on while you are playing)

Despite of I HAVE done it all. Most of us probably did.

No, I do not wipe often.

My issue is that I and getting fed up with doing the same thing for 1000 time. And even if I progressed with gear to (almost ) highest level, i am supposed to run those things easily with little effort and potentially help others. IF a wipe happens - i am the one who's gonna pay the most. And why?

Secondary here is that being a RPG player I really do not see the point of constant running the same content over and over again.

and as a response for the poetry and the repair costs subjects, hereby the below:

Money, get away!

Get a good raid with more pay

And your O.K.

Money, it's a gas

Grab that loot with both hands

And make a stash

New gear, off hand and speeder,

Think I'll be a raiding leader

Money! get back!

I'm all right Jack

Keep the repairs off my stack

Bioware, it's a hit!

Don't give me that

Do goody good ********

I'm in the hi-fidelity

First class gear set

I think I need new blaster yet

EA, it's a shame!

Share costs fairly

Don't take most of my game

Money, so they say

Is the root of all evil

Today

And if you ask for a bug fix

It's no surprise they

Give none away

away..

away..

away...

-------

Music: Pink Floyd

Song: Money

Album: (nomen omen) "The Dark Side of the Moon"

All credits to: Roger Waters

(I sightly changed the lyrics, but really NOT much)

Edited by Przemo_No
typo

not everyone has 4 hours a day to grind or 2 for credits to run a op or two per week, if you want hardcore gaming great but many joined after 1.2 so this was a massive slap in the face.

I, like many others are bored to death of running dailies it is not entertainment at all and does feel like a job and not a game....it is a GAME!.

but i will say you must be one of those that does not want others to have what you have..silly elitist self entitlement issue you have there.

Absolutely not. I just understand that, the way I play, every so often I have to complete 5-10 quests to generate credits, sell my loot, and sell some materials to support my characters. I've never played an MMO in which I could endlessly gain currency, and never have to spend it. If I did, I'm afraid there would be no value to anything.

I'd return the favor and suggest that you must be one of those ones who doesn't want to put effort into anything, but that would be rather presumptuous of me, wouldn't it?

Everything in this game generates credits, if you don't enjoy participating in those aspects of the game, I don't understand how any of it could be entertaining. You can craft, farm materials, run quests, complete space missions, group finder dailies, pvp dailies, Story mode ops, hard mode ops, etc. If you're not doing any of those things, how are you incurring repair bills? Without doing any of those things, what content interests you?

I don't enjoy running dailies every day, and when I do actually run them I go with friends; we make them fun. I make credits selling things, and if I'm getting low, I go do quests. Yes, I raid, but I'm not by any means a hardcore elitist - I'm a casual player. I suppose because I've played other MMOs, and have been a producer at a game developer, it may be that I just understand MMOs have an economy, and the consequences of giving players everything they want without earning it. You have to earn money to cover the consequences of damage, and to obtain certain things. So, when I need it, I earn money by the means provided. Seems logical. That's part of the game, that I play for fun with my friends.

and I dont understand why you seem to want to force everyone to conform to your playstyle and your idea of what is fun and entertaining.

MY time is precious and I only have 2-3 hours a day to play max. Being forced to grind dailies is - not - fun!

My idea of fun is logging in every now and again, and playing with my friends. Whatever sounds good at the time. I've done just about everything, aside from space missions, and have on occasion griped about the 70,000-150,000 speeder piloting licenses (prior patches), but what I do when I play has generated enough so repair bills don't affect me.

I am not trying to get people to conform to my playstyle, I just listed all of the means to earn credits - basically every aspect of the game - as a suggestion to those who find this unbearable. If none of those aspects match an individual's play style, than I'm afraid short of giving everything away more than they do and obliterating all of the money sinks (to keep the economy in check), nothing will please that individual.

Ok, my point is that I play max for an 1 hour per day. And not every day. Cannot spend more.

I also do not craft, cos no real progress is obtainable except focusing on it full time! (not like it side thing that goes on while you are playing)

Despite of I HAVE done it all. Most of us probably did.

No, I do not wipe often.

My issue is that I and getting fed up with doing the same thing for 1000 time. And even if I progressed with gear to (almost ) highest level, i am supposed to run those things easily with little effort and potentially help others. IF a wipe happens - i am the one who's gonna pay the most. And why?

Secondary here is that being a RPG player I really do not see the point of constant running the same content over and over again.

I can understand that. I suppose it depends on what you want to do when you play. Even gathering mats along the way, should that fit with your RP character, can generate a wealth of credits. My point was to highlight all of the means to earn credits - beyond just dailies - so that players upset by this can make it affect them less, and not allow it to infringe on their enjoyment, unless they'd rather stop playing all together.

My guild has a "credit limit" of 10,000 credits...

I just use my own money (have ~4 mil in credits on me, not counting GTN)

great for you, I for example have just got to 600k today. Got all my columi so now have to work on getting Rakata.... with this new repair bill and my time difference (live in Russia) finding well geared people willing to run me through a HM OPS has become close to impossible