A Summary of Increased Repair Cost Problems (for BW/EA)

Daemonson

Why am I not surprised? I'm seeing more and more of that kind of entitled attitude everyday. Do you understand how illogical is it for anyone to ask for some bugs to be fixed but others to be ignored or embraced?

I take the "I don't give a crap about any bug, I'll play the game regardless because I love the game." Outlook. I don't like people complaining about a good game because of minor ****. I'm sorry, chat bubbles, repair costs, hair stylists, every other stupid thing every person posts in suggestions is just pointless. The game runs, it's fun. New content will come when they produce. Don't *****. Enjoy game. Love life.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't calling you anithing, you are elitist, and that's obvious, and no, I'm a fully survival dps command and full 65 vanguard tank, with average of surival of 98% and we get so many n00b healers, dps, and also last night we teach a tank how to deal with Soa, we help and we protect them and teach them how to do it, but with 160, 200k of repairs in 65 armor, that's not going to happend, in only 3 Op the guild lost 3kk and some of the more support players are cancelling and leaving the game, so you are alone, simple fact, the thing is: if bio/ea don't ifx this, next month you going to play with your shadow.

#1 you quoted the wrong person

#2 you said baka, which means stupid, you blatantly called me stupid and are now trying to backtrack on that.

#3 I seriously doubt as many people are leaving as you are saying there will be, the hardcore prog raid guilds will still be there, and so will i

Edited by DarthVenizen

"Hi. We've read this thread and we understand the community is interested in a response to this issue. We are evaluating our telemetry data and will respond with an answer soon."

They've done that for other issues. They haven't done that for this one yet.

Yea, that is... disappointing.

I understand why it is taking so long to fix but the community management fail is strong in SWTOR these days. Honestly the fact that this thread is still going on is sign of that as well... in a properly managed community they would have gotten on and said... something like you said and then something along the lines of but since this thread appears to be devolving into personal attacks, we are locking it for now.

Actually inflation is the minus side. Again, repair costs are what are typically known as a gold sink. Without such sinks in the game, players who have more time to play and farm will begin to accrue a much larger sum of in game currency than the casual player. As a result, the player-driven costs of items is driven up as only those players are the ones paying the higher prices for those items. As a result, more and more items become unreachable for the casual player because they simply cannot make as much money in the same amount of time.

BJ

Easy fix. Make the credit cap 2 million credits per character. That is nearly double the max credits I have ever accumulated at one time adding up all my characters combined and more than enough for any player. There. No more hyperinflation and less people cancelling subs because they can't "afford" to play any more. Having to grind credits as many hours as you raid just to pay for repairs - that is crap.

Why am I not surprised? I'm seeing more and more of that kind of entitled attitude everyday. Do you understand how illogical is it for anyone to ask for some bugs to be fixed but others to be ignored or embraced?

I think you're confused about the definition of 'entitled'.

People who are most impacted - raiders - are paying for the game. They experienced a change they dislike. They are voicing their dislike for the change to the company they pay to entertain them.

That's not entitlement. It's being a good, fair consumer. At least they're giving the company a chance to respond before taking their money elsewhere.

Agreed with all points except #6. Keep in mind this patch was released on Tuesday... in software development like this it takes at least a week to scratch one's ***... It doesn't surprise me they don't have a response yet, they are probably still trying to figure out what (if anything) went wrong and figuring out the best way to fix it.

Mechanics discussion aside, I anticipate this will be fixed within a month, but yea... it shouldn't have happened in the first place... that is why they need to test these things /before/ releaseing them. not just QA patch notes, but look at the greater implications.

It's basic customer service, it takes 1 minute to put up a post that says the change was in the patch notes, we see that this has been unpopular and are checking to see if this is functioning as designed and if it is analyzing the impact of this change and will update you as our anlysis continues.

See that's not that hard, takes a moment to do and promises nothing but calms the player base...but they won't even do that and the aggrivation of the players builds.

I don't calling you anithing, you are elitist, and that's obvious, and no, I'm a fully survival dps command and full 65 vanguard tank, with average of surival of 98% and we get so many n00b healers, dps, and also last night we teach a tank how to deal with Soa, we help and we protect them and teach them how to do it, but with 160, 200k of repairs in 65 armor, that's not going to happend, in only 3 Op the guild lost 3kk and some of the more support players are cancelling and leaving the game, so you are alone, simple fact, the thing is: if bio/ea don't ifx this, next month you going to play with your shadow.

Wait, what? Who? I agree with you about the change being bad, why are you attacking me?

Easy fix. Make the credit cap 2 million credits per character. That is nearly double the max credits I have ever accumulated at one time adding up all my characters combined and more than enough for any player. There. No more hyperinflation and less people cancelling subs because they can't "afford" to play any more. Having to grind credits as many hours as you raid just to pay for repairs - that is crap.

Interesting idea, would need work tho... for example there are high end mods/armors that regularly go for over 5m. Dread guard level armoring/barrels/purple black crystals/etc.

2 mil is a little low, 10 mil is fair imo

Edited by DarthVenizen

Question to both of you then.

Since you felt the repair costs were too low, you voluntarily destroyed 200-300 thousand credits per night of raiding due to wipes to compensate, right?

I mean, if you felt that strongly about it... :rolleyes:

Can you send me your credits when you quit? I mean, if you feel that strongly about it.

2 mil is a little low, 10 mil is fair imo

Easier fix. If it's so important to the devs to destroy credits, put something cool on a credit-based vendor and charge a ton for it instead of putting EVERYTHING cool on the RMT vendor.

If destroying credits isn't important enough to do that, roll back this change.

Interesting idea, would need work tho... for example there are high end mods/armors that regularly go for over 5m. Dread guard level armoring/barrels/purple black crystals/etc.

Not if this were implemented. Capping credits might just work. The 1% of rich people would be just as effected by economical changes as the 99% are. I love this suggestion!

Not if this were implemented. Capping credits might just work. The 1% of rich people would be just as effected by economical changes as the 99% are. I love this suggestion!

not really, the rich would hardly be effected, here's EXACTLY what would happen

100 mil on 1 toon = 10 mil on 10 toons

SWG had a credit cap system in at 1 billion credits on hand and 3 billion in bank(talk about a game with inflation *shudder*) and the rich people got around this by having 2 toons (limited 2 toons per server on that game) with the credit cap, and the richest people even had multiple accounts.

the "fix" would solve nothing

Edited by DarthVenizen

You're telling me to quit because I don't find grinding daily missions "fun"? And no...you do not make 400-600k from a run. Not even close.

from a full run of dalies, every planet yes you do, he even provided the numbers

So just because YOU can afford unlimited repair costs you think I should have to spend my entire weeks worth of gaming time doing dailies so I can run one raid the following week? That is a way to lose very many subs very quickly. If they are not trying to shut this game down on purpose they are doing a good job of it on accident.

Easier fix. If it's so important to the devs to destroy credits, put something cool on a credit-based vendor and charge a ton for it instead of putting EVERYTHING cool on the RMT vendor.

If destroying credits isn't important enough to do that, roll back this change.

Still waiting for them to add stuff to the CE vendor and VIP vendor.

Ugh. If that means what I think it means, the game just lost a good one. :(

It does. Take care. Also, take care all. I have 28days to check PMs. Anyone who wishes, please feel free to PM me if you want to exchange emails.

God Bless all of you. Be safe.

Urael :cool:

Edited by Urael

That will actually cause inflation. The less money people have the less they are likely to sell something on the GTN at just nil prices or putting it up at all. Meaning the group putting stuff up on the GTN have free range to price whatever they want without stability. Bad system. Any type of cap on anything causes inflation. Just like real world economics.

If they're looking for ways to destroy credits, why not give people stuff they want and charge an arm and a leg for it? This is exactly they approach they took early on when they put in a crystal vendor that sold some colors for 250-750k and whites for a million.

People are clamoring for cooler vehicles and ready to bleed to get better looking outfits. Charge a couple mil per vehicle and at least a mil per complete outfit.

Why not do those? Why choose to implement something that so severely impacts game play and fun factor instead?

Because repair costs are universal across every player - buying items is not. Not everyone may like the new speeders, gear, or whatever, or need the speeders, gear, or whatever, so it's half a solution at best. Everyone needs to repair gear so it makes for a more effective credit sink.

Again, just because we haven't seen the inflation doesn't mean it wasn't on the horizon or subtly already in the process. I don't see the need for the patch notes to indicate that it was done to combat the inflation - the repair costs exist for solely that reason to begin with. When you look at the bigger picture, every patch has brought more ways to make credits, thus steadily increasing the amount of credits in game, yet there have been no new gold sinks as I recall introduced, so to finally have one of the main gold sinks increased for the first time since the game launched only makes sense at this point. Better to keep the economy balanced now rather than try to fix problems later (just ask Greece and America).

Of those of you in this thread defending this bug fix, how many at any time before this bug fix went in did you say,

"The repair costs are too **** low! I demand you triple them at least!"

Hmm?

Never, in fact I wish there weren't repair costs to begin with, but again, it is needed for the overall health of the economy which translates to overall health of the game.

BJ

Edited by BJWyler