A fix for PVE servers....

Sendai_S

...to keep PVP griefers from imposing their way on the PVE populace.

Cause: PVP players on PVE servers are an oxymoron. Generally speaking these are players that in theory can't cut it on a real PVP server and come to the PVE server to do what is commonly known as griefing.

Proposal: Make it so flagged players cannot ever force a flag on an unflagged enemy player without meeting a plethora of conditions.

Conditions:

• The unflagged player must actually target the flagged player.
  • The unflagged player, if grouped, must have permission to flag himself from the group leader. (New group lead option... default is toggled to off.)
  • The unflagged player, if solo, can use any attack including AOE's to attack the flagged player... as long as he is a selected target.
  • Tab targetting flagged players is an option that can be toggled off. No way to target a flagged player in this instnace unless directly selected with a mouse click.
  • Inviting a flagged player to a group where the leader is unflagged, presents a new option to unflag that player with a very short cooldown - ignoring threat radius of nearby enemies.
  • Group leaders will control whether anyone in their group can flag themselves on enemie faction flagged players.
  • Healers will not be able to heal friendly flagged players at all until targeting a PVP enemy player and "tapping" him.
  • Alternative to this is the flagged player is unable to recieve heals from healers - therefore keeping the healers from being inadvertantly flagged.
  • A flagged player can run through all the AOE he wants from an unflagged enemy player. Unless he is targetted, he will not flag them without the unflagged player wanting to get flagged.
  • --- side note: stop adding PVE rewards to PVP missions.
  • All companion effects should never work on enemy flagged players of any kind and shoudl work only on friendly player characters in similar fashions to PC toons. i.e. Healer companions AOE heals will never heal friendly flagged players.
  • Griefers will hate all of this. Real PVPers won't care at all.

Thing is on a PVE server, the PVPer's are generally a minority but they're vocal and loud. So it seems like there are more of them. The only reason anyone PVPs on a PVE server is to grief other players. Actual PVPers role on PVP servers. But those people aren't griefers. They're the real PVPers.

Should this kind of ruleset come to pass I would also propose server transfers become available for all these so-called super players who think they're the best PVPers. One time one way to the PVP server of their choice.

I'm sorry, but I am not a pvper, but I have to disagree.

I'm on the jedi covenant (and bastion) and have to say, the same rules follow for any pvp/pve server in any game.

Red = Dead.

What you call griefing, is their playstyle. Some people like pve servers better because, well, they are afraid of world pvp while leveling.

You honestly don't need to do the pvp quests for the game (I've hit newcomer day 1 without doing them)

AND no one is forcing you to do them either. So, unflag, continue playing, and move on.

I'm on the jedi covenant (and bastion) and have to say, the same rules follow for any pvp/pve server in any game.

Red = Dead.

What you call griefing, is their playstyle. Some people like pve servers better because, well, they are afraid of world pvp while leveling.

You honestly don't need to do the pvp quests for the game (I've hit newcomer day 1 without doing them)

AND no one is forcing you to do them either. So, unflag, continue playing, and move on.

I disagree with you as well. And u seem ot have missed the point of my post. It's to help PVEers do what they want to do. And it lets PVPers still do what they want to do. The only people it effects are the griefers which in the long run are BAD FOR BUSINESS. The make people leave games.

Me personally, when I go into a PVP area - I'm prepped for it. And I'm an average to slightly above average PVPer. But if they put rewards on PVP quests they should be only rewards PVP people want.

Red = Dead.

So that is why PVP grievers stand next to a mob your attacking till you use an AOE attack and get flagged. Then I am done, the flag is stuck on me till out of combat for sufficient time. Unacceptable.

An alternative, which might be easier to implement: if you flag yourself as "never PVP", you never flag for PVP (except maybe for wandering into enemy territory) and cannot harm PVP-flagged players of the opposing faction. Anyone who gets involved in PVP combat gets a status (perhaps named "The Most Dangerous Game") that lasts 60s after the end of combat and makes them immune to buffs and healing from allied people flagged "never PVP".

An alternative, which might be easier to implement: if you flag yourself as "never PVP", you never flag for PVP (except maybe for wandering into enemy territory) and cannot harm PVP-flagged players of the opposing faction. Anyone who gets involved in PVP combat gets a status (perhaps named "The Most Dangerous Game") that lasts 60s after the end of combat and makes them immune to buffs and healing from allied people flagged "never PVP".

I like this too. Honestly I just want to make sure griefers can't flag me unless I initiate it. PVPer's don't try to get me flagged. Only griefers do that.

you only have to look to Rift for a solution to this on pve servers. they have a option for auto flagging: either on or off.

when off you can not damage a flagged player by pet nor aoe. you can not heal nor buff a flagged group mate either. the group mate can only be healed by a flagged group mate. the solution was easy. it took them rather a short time to implement this and there was no forced flagging on pve servers from the flagged opposite faction running through your aoe.

also this eliminated a lot of flagged players running around, getting into a group and then flagging you.

i would like a explanation from EA as to why they cant do such on pve servers in this game. such little things like this is really making this game harder and harder to log into and play as the months go by.

you only have to look to Rift for a solution to this on pve servers. they have a option for auto flagging: either on or off.

when off you can not damage a flagged player by pet nor aoe. you can not heal nor buff a flagged group mate either. the group mate can only be healed by a flagged group mate. the solution was easy. it took them rather a short time to implement this and there was no forced flagging on pve servers from the flagged opposite faction running through your aoe.

also this eliminated a lot of flagged players running around, getting into a group and then flagging you.

i would like a explanation from EA as to why they cant do such on pve servers in this game. such little things like this is really making this game harder and harder to log into and play as the months go by.

I think this would be a great solution. Please look to implement.