Thank you Bioware!

Totaltrash

Just reading Ilum chat for the last hour, I have counted 12 racial slurs, 17 homophobic inuendos, 3 real-life threats, and countless insults, mostly involving incestrous acts with one's mother. Many had "creative" spelling as to bypass the profanity filter (which I eventually turned on just before I decided to turn off general chat altogether - there were just too many to put on ignore).

It is truly heart-warming to see just how disgustingly demented and vulgar the SWTOR community really is.

This world event has managed to bring out the absolute worst in our players - good job!

Thank you Bioware, for curing my naïveté!

So basically you're trying to blame BioWare for the bad behavior of internet people?

Report the worst offenders and use the ignore function liberally.

Problem solved.

Bioware doesn't care and won't do anything.

In other news, you should probably be thankful anyone cares enough to spam SWTOR chat.

So basically you're trying to blame BioWare for the bad behavior of internet people?

Report the worst offenders and use the ignore function liberally.

Problem solved.

Yes I do blame Bioware.

Prior to this World Event, I have not witnessed this kind of behavior on such an enormous scale in SWTOR.

Yes I do blame Bioware.

Prior to this World Event, I have not witnessed this kind of behavior on such an enormous scale in SWTOR.

Then you don't do Warzones, or play on PvP servers, or actually pay attention on the fleets.

People are scum. This is in no way Bioware's fault.

Just reading Ilum chat for the last hour, I have counted 12 racial slurs, 17 homophobic inuendos, 3 real-life threats, and countless insults, mostly involving incestrous acts with one's mother. Many had "creative" spelling as to bypass the profanity filter (which I eventually turned on just before I decided to turn off general chat altogether - there were just too many to put on ignore).

It is truly heart-warming to see just how disgustingly demented and vulgar the SWTOR community really is.

This world event has managed to bring out the absolute worst in our players - good job!

Making you no better than they for posting here and trying to blame Bioware.

Guess that makes a lot of people on Ilum that need to grow up.

There's more maturity in the people that answered you, OP, than in any one sentence you used.

Congrats.

Edited by CaptRavenous

And you blame Bioware for player behavior.. why?

On the contrary, the players on The Bastion have been carrying themselves in a respectful manner. At least as respectful as you can be in the midst of ganking.

Ok, lets apply some basic cause and effect here:

1. Before the World Event, players behaved better.

2. Bioware released the World Event.

3. Now, players behave a lot worse.

Could you follow that?

Ok, lets apply some basic cause and effect here:

1. Before the World Event, players behaved better.

2. Bioware released the World Event.

3. Now, players behave a lot worse.

Could you follow that?

By your logic, it could also be asserted that people behaved better before SWTOR was released.

Welcome to teh Internetz. It's a system of tubes!

To be fair, by creating a hostile environment where players will be subjected to griefing will reasonably result in griefing and stressful gaming environment.

I think that is what the OP was alluding to.

To be fair, if a kindergarten teacher placed only one ball in the middle of a classroom during recess time, of course people would blame that teacher for being cruel.

To be fair, by creating a hostile environment where players will be subjected to griefing will reasonably result in griefing and stressful gaming environment.

To be fair, if a kindergarten teacher placed only one ball in the middle of a classroom during recess time, of course people would blame that teacher for being cruel.

Now now, don't insult kindergartners, some of them are much more mature than a SWTOR player:p

jk

Yes, that's exactly what I meant, thank you!

Bioware should have thought a little more about the consequences of this event.

Yes, if we take this outside the scope of the game and these forums, you could say that.

But what was your point exactly?

And if we take it even further, if they had never invented the internet, people wouldn't be able to misbehave anonymously short of writing a letter and putting it in the mail unsigned.

My point is that individuals are responsible for their own actions.

It's just foolish to think that BioWare is at fault.

Thank you for being the only person to comment with insight, and not with a " It is what it is.." comment. ^^