Pyro PT/Smash Jug/Mara

ellrochell

not damage output, They can still flameburst from 10m which is silly.

/facepalm

pyros are a midrange class. the fact that they can use most abils from 10m IS their specialty and their ONLY practical defense...against other melee. if they face tank a sniper, they die.

they die faster because they can't start their burst running in from 30m (sorry dude, loss of incendiary and assault plastique was huge), and they are now completely useless against snipers because of the range nerf to cryo which renders grapple unuseable. translation: PTs are incredibly easier to kill. meanwhile, railshot procs have been nerfed...twice iirc. definitely at least least once.

iunno what AC you actually play, but grow up. there are simply elite players who play the class. yes, it's easy to do well on, but there are numerous classes that can take down a pyro. and only the best pyros can make the class seem op. there's like 3 of them on my entire server. they don't hit any harder than the best smashers BEFORE 1.4.

if they can't keep a mando or sage close, they die.

if they're constantly within 4m of a sin, mara, or elite op, they die.

don't confuse rock, paper, scissors with imbalance. there's more than enough kryptonite for pyros. just because they're good at a certain role (single target dmg) doesn't make them op. a carnage mara can kill 1 person just as quickly. in the current state of smash, he's just more likely to die first from all the aoe going out. a sin has some of the best burst in the game. many ppl still don't know how to play them. they also have the best burst:defense ration in the game. the only melee with little or nothing on a pyro is the concealment op, and that poor bastard has been nerfed to high heaven.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/facepalm

pyros are a midrange class. the fact that they can use most abils from 10m IS their specialty and their ONLY practical defense...against other melee. if they face tank a sniper, they die.

they die faster because they can't start their burst running in from 30m (sorry dude, loss of incendiary and assault plastique was huge), and they are now completely useless against snipers because of the range nerf to cryo which renders grapple unuseable. translation: PTs are incredibly easier to kill. meanwhile, railshot procs have been nerfed...twice iirc. definitely at least least once.

iunno what AC you actually play, but grow up. there are simply elite players who play the class. yes, it's easy to do well on, but there are numerous classes that can take down a pyro. and only the best pyros can make the class seem op. there's like 3 of them on my entire server. they don't hit any harder than the best smashers BEFORE 1.4.

if they can't keep a mando or sage close, they die.

if they're constantly within 4m of a sin, mara, or elite op, they die.

don't confuse rock, paper, scissors with imbalance. there's more than enough kryptonite for pyros. just because they're good at a certain role (single target dmg) doesn't make them op. a carnage mara can kill 1 person just as quickly. in the current state of smash, he's just more likely to die first from all the aoe going out. a sin has some of the best burst in the game. many ppl still don't know how to play them. they also have the best burst:defense ration in the game. the only melee with little or nothing on a pyro is the concealment op, and that poor bastard has been nerfed to high heaven.

so do you think its normal for two specs to out dps everything?

You need to go find another game to play if all you do is cry about other classes being OP as soon as they do more damage than you. Yes smash is pretty OP but in turn it's that well known now that if your groups even half decent they'll shut them down ASAP. As for PT I'm struggling to keep my palm from forcing into my face. PT's are easily kited and have very bad defense.

You need to go find another game to play if all you do is cry about other classes being OP as soon as they do more damage than you. Yes smash is pretty OP but in turn it's that well known now that if your groups even half decent they'll shut them down ASAP. As for PT I'm struggling to keep my palm from forcing into my face. PT's are easily kited and have very bad defense.

no one does more damage than me when i play my pt....

so do you think its normal for two specs to out dps everything?

two specs? let me count...smashers, snipers (not sure the specs), carnage, pyro. and I would happily add annihilation. every spec in the mara AC hits hard, 2 single target, 1 aoe. all three sniper specs are viable, but the mobile one is kinda like the deception assassin: less played and even less well played.

I have no idea what reg wzs you play in, but pyro is rarely, if ever, at the top of the charts. they do well, but the smashers dominate. in rated matches that I participate in, carnage does better. although to be fair, mostly only elite players still roll carnage cuz they a) know how to play it, and b) understand the significance of utility.

even then, most of them will be out dps'd by smashers. if you're counting, that's 3 specs. I haven't even mentioned snipers yet. sniper owns hb. great in nc and cw. that's 4 specs.

you're exaggerating. badly. my VG is an alt, btw. I'm a commando. life sucks. I get it in the arse from just about every class. I think your argument lacks merit.

ok. off the horse. have fun here.

i don`t have issues with anybody

u bashing my PT for having the highest single target burst when ur aoe burst is stronger then my single target?+ i got 0 way to escape u got camouflage/undieing rage/predatation and an aoe 8sec mezz and say i`m the 1 trolling?

neither of these classes need to be nerfed. PT's have by far higher single target burst, you can get off 3 rail shots in between 1 smash for 5k each. The truth is that they are both easy to counter and fit their roles in 8v8. PTs are a glass canon that puts out constant burst on a target, Smash is a quick aoe burst then trying to get your next smash cd down to do another aoe burst... Smash absolutely rolls baddies, but it is easily countered by spreading out a bit and putting bubble stuns on your team...

Not to mention have ANY of you even played with a good sniper? They have just as much burst as either of these classes and arguably MORE important for a good ranked team... Yes they are a lot tougher to play and become an elite player on, but I personally like more challenging classes that you can really separate yourself from the others on. (why I dont play my pt / mara / sorc much anymore and play more of my op / sniper / sin)

More then these classes needing a nerf, a few other classes/specs need a buff. -hi mercs!-

Where you normally see at the end damage wise powertech 700k smash spec monkey 750k and everyone else 300/400k.

Does hitting 700k+ damage indicate that you have done well in PVP? Or does it simply mean you may have been a selfish bastard that just went for the kill and didn't contribute to the teams success?

Did you as a PT hitting 700K out perform another class that spent his entire round guarding a node and not losing it? think about it. Many people have pointed out the weaknesses of the class and your you keep stumbling at the damage output like it makes you successful. Take it on the chin sport, you're wrong. Dust yourself off and keep walking.

Does hitting 700k+ damage indicate that you have done well in PVP? Or does it simply mean you may have been a selfish bastard that just went for the kill and didn't contribute to the teams success?

Did you as a PT hitting 700K out perform another class that spent his entire round guarding a node and not losing it? think about it. Many people have pointed out the weaknesses of the class and your you keep stumbling at the damage output like it makes you successful. Take it on the chin sport, you're wrong. Dust yourself off and keep walking.

wait a second, are you trying to say classes have different roles in a group, and all of them need to perform well to win?

PTs are a glass canon that puts out constant burst on a target,-

hmm. I know I decided to bow out, but I can't not chime in...

it's not burst if it's constant. and they are very bursty. when 2 grenades go off inside of the same 2s while both dots are applied and a hib hits, that's an incredible amount of burst.

they also do great sustained dmg with IP and RP + dots.

sorry. grammar nazi came out of me when I read "constant burst." (that burst actually does require setup, although nothing like the sequential setup of other classes).

hmm. I know I decided to bow out, but I can't not chime in...

it's not burst if it's constant. and they are very bursty. when 2 grenades go off inside of the same 2s while both dots are applied and a hib hits, that's an incredible amount of burst.

they also do great sustained dmg with IP and RP + dots.

sorry. grammar nazi came out of me when I read "constant burst." (that burst actually does require setup, although nothing like the sequential setup of other classes).

I dont think you are disagreeing with my point so much as my grammar, so I will say I agree that was a funny way of putting it. What I was referring to is having burst style dps every 6s (high impact bolt) Means to me that it is a constant burst seeing as though the burst is every other ability... I see what you are saying though, I am sure there is a better way of wording it I just don't feel like working while theory-crafting on forums.

10m range for a class with a gun :confused:

Anyways the have no escape routes and drop like rocks when they start getting hit back. Do they have high dps? yes because look at what all they DON'T have.

On my PT I often feel that I don't really need an escape. I'm technically melee, but I don't have to rush into the fray. As long as I play smart, I usually retain some of the safest positions, not unlike those that I'm using on my Sage and Commando.

aoe stun, single target stun(2.5-4sec) *slow clap* that`s not gonna get me out of a fight, pull 45sec CD (only gap closer) gives resolve, energy shield(is there a fcking class in this game that does not get a personal shield?), overload 3 mins CD for 15% hp over 10 secs OMG SO OP!

you should check the maras and sins 1st pal

Sir, marauders has so much defensive cooldowns because you have 2 stuns that you can damage the target without break the stun, this is the balance between these classes..

Marauders has force choke, channeled and can be interrupted, your 4sec stun just can be interrupted if I use my cc breaker...

PT Pyro can easily kill a target in 3, 4GCD PLUS using 2 stuns, this is your escape.. "but assassins has escapes and stuns and burst", I agree with you, assassins are the most OP AC in this game.

Because snipers aren't in your face laughing as they proc railshots :p

that mixed with the fact that a lot of snipers are TERRIBLE, so people confuse that for the class being terrible. Whereas with a PT your best move resets after using your other best move... Most can figure it out so they can get closer on the scoreboard to an actual elite pt, whereas an elite sniper wipes the floor with other snipers.

EDIT : i also believe that is why people think smash is op, the bad players can still kinda figure it out pretty easily and put up a good 350k even if they are GOD LAWLFUL.

Edited by Crerin

A Pyros Defense is to burst the enemy down faster than ANY other class in the game. On our server we have a rule for Rated PvP to prevent teams from PT-Stacking.

It's even easier to play than a smasher and requires no positioning at all: One guy flamebursting, the rest can shoot a railshot from any range which makes it super easy to time those (because it requires basically no time to set up, unlike a smasher who has to build stacks and needs to get in melee range first) and it's almost impossible to react to and switch guard fast enough. In Rated PvP PTs are BY FAR the strongest damage dealing class. Two PTs is an absolute MUST, more than two on the other hand is retardedly easy because they are the best class when it comes down to focus a single target and kill it as fast as possible.

Yes, smashers HAVE to be toned down, but PTs DEFINITELY need to be looked at as well. I play both classes btw.

Edited by DynamiCtagez

A Pyros Defense is to burst the enemy down faster than ANY other class in the game. On our server we have a rule for Rated PvP to prevent teams from PT-Stacking.

It's even easier to play than a smasher and requires no positioning at all: One guy flamebursting, the rest can shoot a railshot from any range which makes it super easy to time those (because it requires basically no time to set up, unlike a smasher who has to build stacks and needs to get in melee range first) and it's almost impossible to react to and switch guard fast enough. In Rated PvP PTs are BY FAR the strongest damage dealing class. Two PTs is an absolute MUST, more than two on the other hand is retardedly easy because they are the best class when it comes down to focus a single target and kill it as fast as possible.

Yes, smashers HAVE to be toned down, but PTs DEFINITELY need to be looked at as well. I play both classes btw.

Have you ever played a sniper? Just as much burst, more range. More defense if you are smart.

Have you ever played a sniper? Just as much burst, more range. More defense if you are smart.

Trust me, in Rated PvP movement is so fkin important. Just sittin behind your little shield and cast is not gonna work for the most part. We tried a sniper for our setup. On Hypergates he was basically useless, simply because competent players would always Los him. And if he would position himself closer to the zerg he would die instantly. Because once he is not in cover anymore (e.g. when he tries to move or get's stunned) he has near to 0 defense. Pretty awesome for Huttball tho, to clear mid. But then again: A PT can still do the same thing AND can pull, AND is more useful for other Warzones. AND has taunts, one of the most important things in organized PvP.

Edited by DynamiCtagez