The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Underworld Surgeon / Barber Shop

Voren_Kurn

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's so awesome line of communication towards BW about this is open via Cartel Market suggestions rather than other sectioms.Bit of a I see what you did there type of a thing.

It is entirely possible TOR will end up having haircuts that are more expensive than visting some of the RL barbers. This is a game where subscription buys you action bars and looting rights.

Edited by Stradlin

It's something that I (and from the looks of it, many others) have been wanting for a long time. While I wouldn't mind a full customisation (Where you can completely recustomise your character, including species) being sold for Cartel Coins, I dearly hope that we will be able to pay for things like hair style/colour changes, cosmetics and beards with credits.

I'd also suggest maybe having a free 'switch back' option if it is put up for Cartel Coins, since people may decide they don't like the new look but wouldn't like the idea of having to pay again in order to go back to their old appearance.

As for the price, I'd say 600CC, the same as a new character slot. Certainly no more than 1000CC.

Perhaps they can combine the two. Have an ingame barbershop type of building where a player can change looks, similar to what is available on the create character screen. Then add certain other styles and bits via cartel. Most will be happy to have the ingame one but those who wish to spend cartel coins also have a choice to do so

I wanted to bump this again with a little anecdote.

My first character was a Shadow tank and I chose body type 3 because I am a big guy and I like the character to represent me a little. Next I chose a Jedi Guardian because I wanted an iconic jedi knight. However, here I chose body type 2. I truly wanted to make him body type 3 but after playing the game as a body type 3 I encountered some unfavorable conditions. First there were bugs that didn't let body types 3 and 4 do some content. Next was the low resolution character texture issue. When the game launched textures were very low res and were stretched onto your character. This looked horrible on body type 3. When I started my second character I didnt want to stare at a blurry stretched low resolution mess so I reluctantly chose body type 2.

Now I would give anything to take that decision back. I am not happy with my Jedi Guardian as body type 2. In fact just yesterday I started my next character and it is a reroll of my Knight except with body type 3. I don't want to toss away a social 10 level 50 with all the event titles, pets and other unlocks but the body type thing is a deal breaker.

If I knew that this was actually coming in the foreseeable future I would stop the reroll and focus on the one class I don't have at 50 - A Sage/Sorc.

I think this should be added and as people have also requested Gender and Race changes throw them in here but make them expensive so we dont see people swapping Gender or species every couple of hours. I think they should have 4 options in the Surgeon / Barber shop

1) Hair cut - can only change hair style, hair colour, facial hair. - Cheap

2) General appearance so body type and all appearance options - Medium price

3) Sex change and all appearance options - Expensive

4) Species, sex and all appearance options - Very Expensive.

Seems something is happening. preferably i much rather see this ingame than cartel but with additional features offered to the cartel marker. As i mentioned before let players change looks etc with the options available to create character screen but add new and more features via cartel.

This was in a recent interview:

SWTOR-RP: Player-created characters are altered and changed in different ways, and sometimes this means cosmetically. Will we be seeing a 'barber shop' in the upcoming expansion?

Damion Schubert: A feature which scratches this itch is in active development right now, but will not be part of Rise of the Hutt Cartel. But this should get to you sooner than you think!

Edited by Ziso

Update on my re-roll

I am leveling pretty fast. The rerolled Guardian is at level 41 and Im on track to hit 50 by Sunday. I should be fully geared by the end of next week.

I really think this feature would be great and can't wait to see something like it but the Knight could not wait till after RotHC.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek::eek::eek::mon_trap:

This should NOT be in the cartel market, this should instead be a crazy looking dude in the promenade on nar shadaa who has a nice little shop set up where he changes your face and other features. He should also whisper creepy things as you walk by "Hey you gotta perty mouth.. want another?"

OR

It should be added to your legacy as a droid kind of like the shop droid that sells meds and what not. 50k creds to unlock the feature and you can deploy him every hour or so and when you click on him you go into a character customization screen. (And it would be cool if you unlocked additional character features through legacy level. Hairs, cybernetics, scars, etc.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :eek::eek::eek::mon_trap:

This should NOT be in the cartel market, this should instead be a crazy looking dude in the promenade on nar shadaa who has a nice little shop set up where he changes your face and other features. He should also whisper creepy things as you walk by "Hey you gotta perty mouth.. want another?"

OR

It should be added to your legacy as a droid kind of like the shop droid that sells meds and what not. 50k creds to unlock the feature and you can deploy him every hour or so and when you click on him you go into a character customization screen. (And it would be cool if you unlocked additional character features through legacy level. Hairs, cybernetics, scars, etc.

Actually I like this idea. Add it as a legacy character bonus as a money sink for some if they have the credits or you can just unlock it with cartel coins like all the other unlocks.

I've be wanting this myself since day one, I've scrapped level 50 characters because I no longer like how they look, this would be a feature I would definitely use.

I think this idea should be expanded upon to include humanoid companion customization, give us full control on how our companions look ( Droids and certain alien races not included for obvious reasons) by allowing us to change their appearance in the character customization screen.

Bioware should consider allowing us to unlock new hair styles and new complexions as rewards for certain events or mile stones in our Legacy progression or even give us the option to buy new hairstyles, tints, scars, tattoo's and complexions with cartel coins that are unlocked account wide.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that it's been confirmed that we will be getting the "Barber Shop," has there been any confirmation, or solid info as to what it will entail? I have heard some people say it will be basically I slim downed version or a "re-do" of your toon creation, allowing one to change their hair, face, cybernetics. On the other side I have heard there will be new styles of of facial hair, tattoos, implants.

While, I'm grateful that this feature is finally making it, I REALLY hope there are some new options styles, given to us to choose from when updating our toons, especially since we will be paying for it with CCs.

Edited by Ryeko

Now that it's been confirmed that we will be getting the "Barber Shop," has there been any confirmation, or solid info as to what it will entail? I have heard some people say it will be basically I slim downed version or a "re-do" of your toon creation, allowing one to change their hair, face, cybernetics. On the other side I have heard there will be new styles of of facial hair, tattoos, implants.

While, I'm grateful that this feature is finally making it, I REALLY hope there are some new options styles, given to us to choose from when updating our toons, especially since we will be paying for it with CCs.

I have YET to see it even confirmed.