R.A.W Season 1

Scorpiooooo

This tournament has been great so far, outstanding work by Ice and Resk alike to make it all happen, it's greatly appreciated. Like with all things in life, there's room for improvement, I have no doubt you guys will take some of the suggestions on board for next season. This is a stand-out event, we're lucky to have this on our server and everyone knows it.

Less QQ more PewPew.

EDIT: I assume it's been suggested so far but I would like to extend the initial season before going into play offs/finals in future so we could play every team once. I feel this would also give a more accurate ranking, too.

Edited by OGsam

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Xavier / Terminus / Cattaa

From what you’ve been posting tonight, it seems you have two major concerns going forward.

1: The new disconnect rule is unfair/too harsh.

2: The finals draw is not structured properly, thus disadvantaging Pandemic and forcing you to play Core(2) again.

To be fair, there is no way to be sure that the otherside isnt abusing this rule either. An alt+f4 will look like a disconnect.

Just thought i would highlight this posibility. It seems like a minor thing, but in the interest of fairness i think the connectivity of each player remains the responsibility of those players and should have no bearing on the outcome of the match.

if the player is continually disconnecting and making you lose games. Replace him with someone that wont DC.

Edited by Yndras

I just wanted to say a big thanks to Icesis and Esky for taking the time and making the effort to galvanize the MDN community.

It's been really great to watch the skill and fight to the death spirit put on display from all the entrants in each warzone...

Also cheers for managing the website/ streaming/ youtube channel/ twitter/ Editing and generally keeping everyone informed of the progress and managing the people - tough job guys

I'd definitely be keen to be involved the next time the championship is run.

Keep up the good work

@Xavier

Would be glad to talk strats and tactics with you guys anytime via VOIP of your choice. Its often hard reinventing how to play for up and coming guilds so would be glad to offer some of my knowledge for free. I am far from the best of players but I have a few tricks that might be of benefit to you given that I have played 300 odd RWZ games.

You probably saw one the other night when i put Legit into a meds yo-yo during a civil war and trolled my way to MVP!!! (/suck it swashbuckler) I am sure theres some other tricks out there, a Xavier frisbee perhaps.... I think guilds such as yours get hung up a little on trying to find the players to mirror what the good teams do rather than sitting back and looking at effective ways to counter.

Its also important to have the mindset that these games are 99% percent leadership 1% player talent. I think you have crafted some talent during this season of RAW and would be willing to spend some time with you if you desire. I am sure other experienced hands would be as well.

While I am not defending the notion that its entertaining to watch you play Core 2 again, I dont believe you have yet used all the tricks in your bag to overcome them. Its also important to note that Core 2 is a very thrown together team with 3-4 of the players changing each week and no real team leader (a huge weakness if you are playing together correctly). The idea that Core 2 is preparing a strategy for your games and will sub in players to exploit your weakness makes me giggle, if you could see how we throw together Core 2 before RAW 5 minutes before hand you would laugh to.

Just some random thoughts if you dont like any of em just move em to the trash can and /pray for me.

@Icesis and Resk

Indeed a tremendous deed you have done for this server. I look forward to reviewing the pilot of this new program once you submit it to my board of directors at Channel 10. Masterchef is ending soon so you really need to add some more flavour to this recipe to get my taste buds in the mood. I really really enjoyed the intro to the finals you prepared, could a profile on featured players for each team work as well? I know that Jeck would like a segment as you guys never meniton him although he is 99% the reason for Core 1's success. Personally I feel bad for Jeck and thats why I suggested he reenter as a contestant to celebrity my kitchen rules as its on a different network and I dont like the cry la.

DCs happen, instead of having a big gap babbling perhaps we could get some peeps to call in via skype and offer some thoughts or I dunno cut to an ad break selling Naga razers at a discounted price at EB.

I also like how you acknowledged that I troll for fun. Cheers guys and a great job you have done

- Takyour "Thestylishtroll" Meds signing out. (Vote for me as your MVP on facebook!!! Is zeroping connected to social media yet? --- i should charge for these awesome concepts - let people vote MVP via SMS and charge $3 a SMS - omg im a genius. /hire me.

Edited by Themistaa

@Xavier

Would be glad to talk strats and tactics with you guys anytime via VOIP of your choice. Its often hard reinventing how to play for up and coming guilds so would be glad to offer some of my knowledge for free. I am far from the best of players but I have a few tricks that might be of benefit to you given that I have played 300 odd RWZ games.

You probably saw one the other night when i put Legit into a meds yo-yo during a civil war and trolled my way to MVP!!! (/suck it swashbuckler) I am sure theres some other tricks out there, a Xavier frisbee perhaps.... I think guilds such as yours get hung up a little on trying to find the players to mirror what the good teams do rather than sitting back and looking at effective ways to counter.

Its also important to have the mindset that these games are 99% percent leadership 1% player talent. I think you have crafted some talent during this season of RAW and would be willing to spend some time with you if you desire. I am sure other experienced hands would be as well.

While I am not defending the notion that its entertaining to watch you play Core 2 again, I dont believe you have yet used all the tricks in your bag to overcome them. Its also important to note that Core 2 is a very thrown together team with 3-4 of the players changing each week and no real team leader (a huge weakness if you are playing together correctly). The idea that Core 2 is preparing a strategy for your games and will sub in players to exploit your weakness makes me giggle, if you could see how we throw together Core 2 before RAW 5 minutes before hand you would laugh to.

Just some random thoughts if you dont like any of em just move em to the trash can and /pray for me.

@Icesis and Resk

Indeed a tremendous deed you have done for this server. I look forward to reviewing the pilot of this new program once you submit it to my board of directors at Channel 10. Masterchef is ending soon so you really need to add some more flavour to this recipe to get my taste buds in the mood. I really really enjoyed the intro to the finals you prepared, could a profile on featured players for each team work as well? I know that Jeck would like a segment as you guys never meniton him although he is 99% the reason for Core 1's success. Personally I feel bad for Jeck and thats why I suggested he reenter as a contestant to celebrity my kitchen rules as its on a different network and I dont like the cry la.

DCs happen, instead of having a big gap babbling perhaps we could get some peeps to call in via skype and offer some thoughts or I dunno cut to an ad break selling Naga razers at a discounted price at EB.

I also like how you acknowledged that I troll for fun. Cheers guys and a great job you have done

- Takyour "Thestylishtroll" Meds signing out. (Vote for me as your MVP on facebook!!! Is zeroping connected to social media yet? --- i should charge for these awesome concepts - let people vote MVP via SMS and charge $3 a SMS - omg im a genius. /hire me.

This is the first wall of text I've read in full in a few days, feel touched. I'm even considering parting your red sea, free of charge bby. ;]

As far as DC issues go... There shouldn't be any pity.

Fair enough thats your opinion, but that hasn't been the ruling throughout this tournament.

One game theres a DC early and no restart then last week a team thats 1 game down gets 2 restarts when by your rationale they should have had to play 6v7 and in all likleyhood lose. Why?

You don't just change the rules mid tournament after one team has benefited from the old one. Change the rules for next season so everyone knows up front and keep the rules consistent for the rest of this tournament.

This is the first wall of text I've read in full in a few days, feel touched. I'm even considering parting your red sea, free of charge bby. ;]

If any team is looking for someone to play for them get Mosus - loads of experience at peeling oranges sitting wasted on the sideline and a good positive attitude if you hit him with a good dose of cheer the f-up before games.

/much respect Moey. Delighted you always read my ramblings. Stay tuned for more as Meds explores the joys of skulling bottles of cherry tasting cough medicine prior to the next RAW games.

Also stay tuned to our games this week. We are launching some game changing new recipes here at Core 1 HQ for Thursday. I cant give too much a way but lets just say that its GAME CHANGING STUFF!!!

Edited by Themistaa

Fair enough thats your opinion, but that hasn't been the ruling throughout this tournament.

One game theres a DC early and no restart then last week a team thats 1 game down gets 2 restarts when by your rationale they should have had to play 6v7 and in all likleyhood lose. Why?

You don't just change the rules mid tournament after one team has benefited from the old one. Change the rules for next season so everyone knows up front and keep the rules consistent for the rest of this tournament.

I think this guy has a point. Perhaps all teams should forfeit to Core 1 now. We have absolute GAME CHANGING SHIZZLE headed your way RAW.

Edited by Themistaa

I think this guy has a point. Perhaps all teams should forfeit to Core 1 now. We have absolute GAME CHANGING SHIZZLE headed your way RAW.

Yeah we know you are a troll. Nice.

But you know, keep trolling people trying to make a serious point, piss off everyone else who might one day hang around and try to compete with you. Just don't be too surprised when people have a gut full and find something else to do because they aren't entertained by your antics. If everyone leaves and its only Core vs Core I wonder how the commentators will decide which side they should fellate?

Edited by MouldyCrow

But you know, keep trolling people trying to make a serious point, piss off everyone else who might one day hang around and try to compete with you. Just don't be too surprised when people have a gut full and find something else to do because they aren't entertained by your antics. If everyone leaves and its only Core vs Core I wonder how the commentators will decide which side they should fellate?

Do you ever stop crying?

You seem upset. But you know, keep being a negative t.w.a.t all the time trying to make serious points and people wont hang around with you and you might be perceived to be a dream taker rather than a game changer. Just dont be too surprised when people have a gut full and you are still here because you cannot find anything else to do and your not entertained by anyone's antics. If you leave and its only core 1 vs core 2 we wont be upset and I am sure I will get plenty of fellate.

Did you see what I did there?

Edited by Themistaa

So what I never understood with the finals set up. Why put 2 groups of peoples into 1 ladder.

It should have been:

A1-B2

A2-B1

A3-B4

A4-B3

Seems pretty basic way to do it to me.

But yes, the other play off ways are also decent options.

Monday was a mess, but whatever. This game is not set up for something like this. **** is gonna happen. You just need to set up rules at the start of a season and stick with them.

DC rule should probably just be 1 chance, 2 dc's and tough luck. Can't spend all night replaying games for nothing.

Apologies for not showing up for the R.A.W games. I didn't know we were still in the competition. Actually thought everything was finished up, i mean we lost every game and yeah. I hadn't been on for the entire week as i am preparing to move. I actually logged in on the monday night just incase and saw no one was online, so yeah just assumed everything was finished up, and also in the process of moving **** around the house i broke my razar naga!! OHNOESS!! Apologies to whichever guild we were coming up against. Just had other real life priorities. Peace out *****es :)

-Partytrick

I just want to say a big thanks to Icesis and Esky, for putting on their second great event. After watching the first one live. i was super keen to put a Pandemic team in to this event. so thanks for letting us play in this great competition.

I also want to thank all the other guilds who have participated, we have had some great matches. So thanks to everyone who has participated and especially thanks to our team. I have played mmo for 7 years now and this is the best thing i have ever seen in a mmo. And i hope it continues long in to the future.

So great work Icesis and Esky. Thank you both so much for all your efforts. I am so looking forward to next RAW competition.

my option is that, we can make this competition even more great than it is now and hopefully have it run for years with heaps more teams playing. i understand there has been conflict over few rules, as everyone always says there is always to sides to every story or gripe :) and someone has to end up making a decision that not all teams are happy with.

my suggestion for dc rule it to allow every team 1 dc a match and then play them out, so a maximum of 2 dc per game. i can see how this could work, but i can also see the problem it could cause. it not a fix but just an opinion/ suggestion. alternately there is no easy fix for this rule. but hopefully with all guild participation we can make this rule better for future competitions. i suggest all guild put up an option and then have vote on it.

Again big Thanks too all involved with competition and especially to Icesis and Esky

Goldmooncd sorc healer, Sturmbright ops healer, - Pandemic - Group 2 leader

@Xavier

@Icesis and Resk

Thanks Meds, Appreciate your vote of confidence. I guess we had no idea what the rules were when we signed up and just wanted to participate for fun and hopefully stick to a few good teams. naturally on the night we beat core 2 we were ecstatic that we beat them. We honestly though we had eliminated them and made it to the Top 4 and we brought out a set play we had been working on for hypergate and it payed of for us. and we were really taken aback when core2 gets a rematch. as I said we are a pve guild and we dont have the personal and knowledge to really mix things up hence we are pretty frustrated at the way this has turned around. We appreciate your vote of confidence and hope to stick it to them a second time.

Thanks Meds, Appreciate your vote of confidence. I guess we had no idea what the rules were when we signed up and just wanted to participate for fun and hopefully stick to a few good teams. naturally on the night we beat core 2 we were ecstatic that we beat them. We honestly though we had eliminated them and made it to the Top 4 and we brought out a set play we had been working on for hypergate and it payed of for us. and we were really taken aback when core2 gets a rematch. as I said we are a pve guild and we dont have the personal and knowledge to really mix things up hence we are pretty frustrated at the way this has turned around. We appreciate your vote of confidence and hope to stick it to them a second time.

Looking forward to seeing some great games between Core and Pandemic man. My intent wasnt to be particularly egotistical in the previous post but look I empathise with Pandemic's situation genuinely. We battled a lot in Add Coins and later in Unity to keep our team going trying to put up a fair fight against Midian. It never eventuated but I just wanted to say that if any team genuinely wants someone to bounce ideas off or whatever man just give me a holla. My ideas arent perfect. They arent original but id be glad to share any experiences.

Anyways best of luck man and dont go into Thursday feeling as though its an assured outcome, I am sure I can find a way to throw in a game-changer to make my life in Core even more tenuous.

Peoples - here is the link to the YouTube video from Monday nights game!

As meds points out, we do indeed have a presence on social media.

Youtube - zer0pingtv

Twitter - zer0pingtv

Facebook - zer0ping

Funny you should mention the profile meds, I was thinking of doing it for the GF game, will need to get some good pre-record vision of each player.

Looking forward to seeing some great games between Core and Pandemic man. My intent wasnt to be particularly egotistical in the previous post but look I empathise with Pandemic's situation genuinely. We battled a lot in Add Coins and later in Unity to keep our team going trying to put up a fair fight against Midian. It never eventuated but I just wanted to say that if any team genuinely wants someone to bounce ideas off or whatever man just give me a holla. My ideas arent perfect. They arent original but id be glad to share any experiences.

Anyways best of luck man and dont go into Thursday feeling as though its an assured outcome, I am sure I can find a way to throw in a game-changer to make my life in Core even more tenuous.

^ this guy. Always gets soft when you talk seriously to him.

I was genuine in my post earlier, I can't wait to see Pandemic kick *** again. You should be encouraged! I mean no matter what the games are going to be hard, you guys have shown you can handle it though, so kick ***!

Ahah thanks guys :) Would love to talk some strat with you some time Meds most likely after Thursday's game. We decided to not worry about Core 2 and Just beat Core 1 :D that way its up to you guys to eliminate them. Then we will not have to do it for a second time. Best of luck on Thursday, also I will be the guy pulling you into the fire pits :p

Ahah thanks guys :) Would love to talk some strat with you some time Meds most likely after Thursday's game. We decided to not worry about Core 2 and Just beat Core 1 :D that way its up to you guys to eliminate them. Then we will not have to do it for a second time. Best of luck on Thursday, also I will be the guy pulling you into the fire pits :p

We should totally discuss how Core2 can beat Core1 :)

Best method is probably to cap the node guarder and then watch Core 1 blame them for all their woes.

sound familiar pinky? :D

I can totally solo Presh, Fugue, and Jeck, its fine shroud would totally work against all three of them, low slash and wind/gren.

Nah.. its nobodys fault they couldn't work out Presh, Fugue and Jeck weren't in mid... certainly not their fault they were getting wiped while Presh, Fugue and Jeck weren't at mid.

Juggs and Guardians totally useless at shutting down the offense consisting 2Maras/2Pts who have effective ranges of less than 4-10yds, tanksin is a superior tank in the frontline, sins do so much more dps.

Lol

Hi everyone! It looks like we're getting stooged tonight as Bioware are going to be doing unscheduled maintenance from 10pm.

I will touch base with all teams in game tonight, but how does everyone feel about trying to start at 8PM AEDT as opposed to 8:30PM AEDT to give us a buffer to get through our matches?

Let me know your thoughts below.