Inordinate Number of Stuns

Thulcondar

Okay, I am sure this has come up before but none the less, here I am.

I believe that greatest flaw in PVP (and I love PVP) is the amount of stuns available and the damage taken while stunned. It has become for me, a deal breaker. As a healer, I can be stunned literally to death if my break is on cooldown. The same applies to my dps toons. I have never played a game where winning or losing seems to revolve around the number of stuns a team can use. It seems as if some classes have WAY too many abilities that stun their opponent.

Is it me? Is it my game play? Is it a real problem?

Real problem, since release.

Bioware solution: Ignore it and hope goes away and then in one of the biggest feats of ignorance ever make it worse ala making the resolve bar fill slower.

Forum Troll solution: Ignorant L2P comments.

Honestly when I get sick of it I play another game for a little while. Good luck.

The resolve system needs tweaking and people need to realize you need to eat some stuns and save global cooldown breakers (not saying this is you because I have never played with you). I don't argue that too much stuns are currently playable.

I completely agree although its probably on deaf ears since they seem to increase the amount of stuns. Examples include recent resolve changes and increase in specific abilities.. They tried to reduce it by decreasing the range of the stun but that just made people cluster for huge AOE stuns (see the fail in that)

Maybe a 50% damage reduct on a stunned player :) screws a few classes but would be interesting

Edited by Kegparty

Don't think you will find many players who will disagree with you here. Bioware will respond by decreasing the amount of resolve per stun and giving every class another stun tho. That's essentially what they did last time people complained about their resolve system.

Would you like Bioware to start by taking away your stuns?

I'm all for it. Take away all the stuns and leave the slows and roots. I don't care about being rooted. I just can't stand not being able to do anything for 6+ seconds, which is an eternity in PvP. If it was once every now and then, it would be fine. But to be stunned back to back, with no way of having a defense or being able to use a heal while stunned, until you die? That is my issue with all the stuns.

Real problem, since release.

Bioware solution: Ignore it and hope goes away and then in one of the biggest feats of ignorance ever make it worse ala making the resolve bar fill slower.

Forum Troll solution: Ignorant L2P comments.

Honestly when I get sick of it I play another game for a little while. Good luck.

Yup! This is exactly right. The CC's in this game are so over the **edit**ing top it's silly. Bioware knows of course, because it comes up daily, but they ignore it. Players can disagree all they want, but it's most certainly one of the top 2 issues with PvP atm.

What if all stuns that affect player's last only half duration of a non player target. Non-player target would be the current time for any stun, examples would be enemy NPC's. Note the standard 60 second stuns already work like this at a much less ratio, 4 seconds (This should stay the same given the cast time). In regards to the mass amounts of stuns, being stunned, then having a full resolve bar (activated) then being rooted to where I cant get in range (melee) to attack a ranged player is not justified and there by killed (you cannot even leap to the target). Another point to add on to having a full resolve bar activated is that some slows work when others don't, honestly if you have a full resolve bar there should not be anything that should stop or affect your movement. Resolve should cancel all stuns, slows and roots.

The stuns are awesome! I'm actually coding a new version of COD right now where you can just run around stunning opponents so they can't shoot you. It's so awesome! Everyone loves a fighting game where you spend more time stunned than getting to fight back, right?! Bueller? Bueller?

What if all stuns that affect player's last only half duration of a non player target. Non-player target would be the current time for any stun, examples would be enemy NPC's. Note the standard 60 second stuns already work like this at a much less ratio, 4 seconds (This should stay the same given the cast time). In regards to the mass amounts of stuns, being stunned, then having a full resolve bar (activated) then being rooted to where I cant get in range (melee) to attack a ranged player is not justified and there by killed (you cannot even leap to the target). Another point to add on to having a full resolve bar activated is that some slows work when others don't, honestly if you have a full resolve bar there should not be anything that should stop or affect your movement. Resolve should cancel all stuns, slows and roots.

I'll agree to ANY change tbh...nothing can possibly make the current system any worse. However...I'd prefer to see all stuns reduce damage to a player by 75%...or all stuns break on damage.

I'll agree to ANY change tbh...nothing can possibly make the current system any worse. However...I'd prefer to see all stuns reduce damage to a player by 75%...or all stuns break on damage.

I would be on board for this.

Stuns should be interrupts to a current action, not a stunlock where no action can be taken, yet damage can be taken.

Break free should also be on a much shorter cooldown. 2 minutes is unacceptable if we are playing in a stunlock world.

They have a framework of a decent system with resolve, that quite simply does not work well in practice. Its staggering that it made it through beta, when we have been saying this for going on 2 years now, and they never adjusted the system at all.

I agree , there are WAY to many stuns.

Changes that I would like to see:

- Commando's/mercenaries should get a 2nd stun, or lowering of the cooldown of their current stun (Other ranged classes such as sorcerers/snipers have WAY more cc as mercs/commando's- Why?

- After 1 stun you cannot be stunned again for a duration of 10 seconds

I agree , there are WAY to many stuns.

Changes that I would like to see:

- Commando's/mercenaries should get a 2nd stun, or lowering of the cooldown of their current stun (Other ranged classes such as sorcerers/snipers have WAY more cc as mercs/commando's- Why?

- After 1 stun you cannot be stunned again for a duration of 10 seconds

After 1 stun, fine...but what about the roots, mezes, dizzy's, foggy's, ROFL's, chokes and all the other CC crap that doesn't build enough resolve? Stuns are a very minimal part of the problem, imo...it's CC's in general.

Yes. Take mine and everyone else's stuns out of PvP. Heck take them out of the game period.

The only way it can get much worse is if some dev that doesn't PvP tweaks the Resolve system. (You know who you are.. ) :eek:

They have a framework of a decent system with resolve, that quite simply does not work well in practice. Its staggering that it made it through beta, when we have been saying this for going on 2 years now, and they never adjusted the system at all.

Oh, we were raising a stink about it in Beta as well, but apparently it's "working as intended". There was a podcast where the dev got real evasive when asked about CC in PvP. I'll have to find a link about it, but I really wouldn't expect them to do anything about it. I think their GAS* gauge is about zero on this issue.

*Give A S***t

Okay, I am sure this has come up before but none the less, here I am.

I believe that greatest flaw in PVP (and I love PVP) is the amount of stuns available and the damage taken while stunned. It has become for me, a deal breaker. As a healer, I can be stunned literally to death if my break is on cooldown. The same applies to my dps toons. I have never played a game where winning or losing seems to revolve around the number of stuns a team can use. It seems as if some classes have WAY too many abilities that stun their opponent.

Is it me? Is it my game play? Is it a real problem?

Sorry, but it's you. It's really not that difficult to avoid being stunlocked every minute of the game. I'm a healer as well (Scoundrel), and I don't have many problems. If you can avoid just standing in the open like a statue to heal and actually having some strategy/hiding places/manage CD's better, then you will find that it's not the difficult to avoid this.

The problem, IMO, isn't stuns. It isn't class nerfs (except for maybe Smash). it isn't gear. It's BW's current system of forcing people of lower skill (no offence) who can only get themselves into crappy pugs to go against full elite and superior skilled premades nearly every game during peak hours. THAT is what is killing you. It isn't the stuns...it's that your worst opponent is better than your best teammate because they don't feel like running RWZ's with the rest of the "elite players".

I'm all for it. Take away all the stuns and leave the slows and roots. I don't care about being rooted. I just can't stand not being able to do anything for 6+ seconds, which is an eternity in PvP. If it was once every now and then, it would be fine. But to be stunned back to back, with no way of having a defense or being able to use a heal while stunned, until you die? That is my issue with all the stuns.

From a sniper to a fellow sniper, we are the class with least amount of CC in the entire game, if you feel like you are getting stunned too often as a sniper, try playing a marauder.

well...I would love for BW to do away with grenades. a 10m aoe stun for everyone is overkill imo. I'm sure if you've played Uncensored in NC or HB, it's pretty clear how the entire match boils down to transcend + sprint + barrage of grenades. or resiliance + grenade. no knock on them. they're using the tools given to them VERY effectively. I think LD50 is the better team at their best, but Uncensored is a lot more organized...don't hit quite as hard. but man do they make use of those grenades! as I said, I'd rather not give 8 ppl in the ops 10m aoe stuns.

other rebalancing would have to take place, but outside of the classes built around cc (i.e., stealthies), I'd rather it be such that no class has more than one stun. or, like the maras, give them a mezz plus a channeled stun (you can't unleash hell while you're channeling stasis, but it does serve as a stun that a buddy can take advantage of).

but tbh, I dont' think such pipe dreams have a chance in hell of reaching fruition. so I'll settle for getting rid of this horrid bubble stun epidemic and tweaking resolve to that point that it either lasts longer or fills faster, or works against all forms of cc for the very short duration that it's actually active.

before anyone pisses and moans, please note the or operator. I'd like one of the three. not all of them.

Edited by foxmob

From a sniper to a fellow sniper, we are the class with least amount of CC in the entire game, if you feel like you are getting stunned too often as a sniper, try playing a marauder.

You mean you spend the least amount CC'd out of all classes, not that Snipers are the class with least amount of available CC, right?

that would be a interesting idea, so you could not be stuned to death unless three or four are on you. I would like to test something like this out. Stuns than become object based and not just a killing tool.