G600 VS Naga Razor

Jedi_Slayer

Are any of these smaller than the Naga? I bought one but found I couldn't use it because it's way too big for my hand.

I have the exact opposite problem. Ive tried some that are just too low profile and I cant use em. The G500 that I have and the Death Adder I had both fit my hand fairly well. The Naga is a little bit higher profile then the DA even to answer that part of your question.

I had tried the razer naga (16 button), the RAT and was coming off a logitech gaming laser mouse.

They were all good but I ended up liking the newer Razer naga HEX version.

6 larger side buttons with all the normal bindings and mouse functions. It turned out to be the best option for me.

I have the option to purchase today either the Naga or the G600. Thought I would ask for other opinions on which you think is better. I am leaning towards the G600 only because the online reviews for Naga and the customer service are pretty bad.

The overall quality of the Naga is bad. But the build quality for the G600 is worse.

You should compare Razer Naga with the RAT MMO mouse.

The overall quality of the Naga is bad. But the build quality for the G600 is worse.

You should compare Razer Naga with the RAT MMO mouse.

Razor used to be good, but they got stuck on a few successes and now just copy other idea's and their pricy as f*ck

Cyborg R.A.T is lesser known by quality wise way better, full aluminium and alot of spare pats.

R.A.T mmo looks damn epic tho, can't complain bout my 7 tho =D

I have the G600 and really like it. The design of the side buttons makes it easy to tell which row you are on. I haven't had any issues with the build quality or bugs, and the third top button is useful. My only complaint is that I can't easily reach the top row of the side buttons in hectic situations. Hope this helps!

I've tried both the 600 and the Naga. I've had the Naga for about a year with no issues, but I tried the 600 a couple of weeks just to make sure I wasn't missing anything.

The 600 side buttons are better sculpted for your thumb. They are angled and spaced so your thumb "fits" if you will. Also they seem to have more push back so you can feel the action of the click.

But... the 600 has a top button which is right where the grip is which I couldn't get used to. The idea is that keeping this button pressed allows for additional activation of click combos. Best way I can describe it is it acts like shift or alt keys which in combination with other buttons give you more mappings. The problem is that because where this top button is, it did not allow me to grip the mouse confortably.

And so... I returned the 600 and I'm back on my Naga. I upgraded to an Epic which is the wireless version, but the selling point for me was that it included customized plastic inserts that allowed me to change the width and grip of the mouse. I rarely use it wireless.

The Naga/Epic is IMO the best MMO on the market. It takes a little getting used to but now I can't play with out it. I've heard there are quality issues, but... maybe I'm lucky as I haven't had any with the Naga or the Epic. I play almost daily and don't treat the mouse with much care. It has exceeded my expectations.

Whatever you decide, it doesn't hurt to get an additional warranty or protection plan. Best Buy's version of it allows me to return the mouse for any issues short of me taking a sledge hammer to it. It is worth the piece of mind. BTW, the price of the mouse is well worth it.

Edited by Rafaman

I have both. The reason I have both is because I used to have 2 Nagas (one at my office and one at home). The cable on my one at home crapped out on me. It's proprietary and there is no way to replace it by itself. Went to Best Buy and purchased a corded Naga, go home and it was DOA. At this point I said I'm done with Razer products, and went with the G600. The buttons on the G600 have some ques for you to know where your thumb is, making it a little easier to use IMO.

I've had my Naga for over a year now, I haven't had any trouble with it, and it fits perfectly in my hand,

Looking at photos of the G600 it looks pretty similar in design, although the contour of the side buttons looks a little weird, I can understand the first three rows, but the last row being like that probably wouldn't suit me. I use the joint in my thumb to push the buttons in that row as compared to the tip of my thumb for the others. The contour looks like it might get in the way when doing that.

I really like my Naga, and I'd reccomend getting it, but I've never used the G600 so I couldn't say whether or not you should pass it up for the Naga :)

Just an update, I purchased teh G600 last night. (Best Buy Matched Amazon's price) Spent some time yesterday playing lowbie flash points for practice. IT will definitely take some getting use to.

I made some changes to my UI so that my Main QB is laid out exactly the same way as the mouse 3 rows of 4. This helped me get things going in the right direction I could glance at the UI for what I wanted and then fell with my thumb what I wanted.

I changed the mouse wheel right click to cycle friends (I'm a healer and that is most important) and the other way to the left for nearest enemy. I jsut have to watch i was fliping between people fast than the GCD so teh HOT was not going off.

Holding the mouse is different, that pinky is not use to so much work, because of the G-Shift button but after a couple hours that feels better.

Its a little slower not ready to jump back into pvp but I think over the weekend it will be good.

Thanks all for your feedback

I have two different razer mice and I've never encountered any problems with any of them.

The 360 controller I bought from razer is a different story. Horrible quality and didnt last long. I didnt even like it when it worked, ergonomically awkward to say the least.

G600 > Naga. Actually, I think Logitech has better gaming mice and keyboards than Razer, if you don't agree on mice then you certainly have to at least agree on keyboards. Logitech's G 19 is better than anything Razer has. But anyway, I have both a Naga and a G600. They both work the same but between the two the G600 really is better I think. Feels more ergonomic, and the 1-12 buttons are better designed for easier usage. Besides, with it you virtually have 24 keys...... that's 2 full hotbars just from your mouse!

Haven't had a chance to get my hands on the G600. I have a Naga Epic and a Nostromo(mor on that later). It took a little while to get used to the button positions with help from the little rubber stickers. Those things don't last too long before they start sliding around and losing their grip, so I'm completely off them now. For me, some of the buttons are a bit hard to reach(like the 0-= buttons) the way I hold the mouse. I just mapped the least used non-combat things like out of combat regen, etc.

The great thing about using the Nostromo along with the Naga is mapping modifyer keys to the Nostromo. It feels more natural to have the modifyer keys on the Nostromo than if I used a button on the mouse. With Shift/Alt/Ctrl, that gives a total of 36 mappable side button combos.

Still the G600 had me intrigued because it looked like the side buttons are a bit bigger and more ergonomic than the tiny Naga buttons. I haven't been able to find a place locally that has one on display(even Fry's) to feel it out. I was thinking about buying one and just returning it if I didn't like it over the Naga. I already use a mix of Razer and Logitech(G19/G35 headphones) gear.

G600 > Naga. Actually, I think Logitech has better gaming mice and keyboards than Razer, if you don't agree on mice then you certainly have to at least agree on keyboards. Logitech's G 19 is better than anything Razer has. But anyway, I have both a Naga and a G600. They both work the same but between the two the G600 really is better I think. Feels more ergonomic, and the 1-12 buttons are better designed for easier usage. Besides, with it you virtually have 24 keys...... that's 2 full hotbars just from your mouse!

You can use shift, alt and ctrl modifiers if you like.

There is such thing as too many buttons on a mouse rly:p

It is ridiculous to operate mouse with like 9 thumb buttons.. just easier to use them keyboard hotkeys.

True if you are not used to it. I am used to it and I can without any problems use all my 17 buttons on my mouse in games.