Female robes. Ugh.

Toravisu

I also can't recall any incarnation of sith sorcerer Darth Vader running around in a dress... Err.. Robe.

Darth Vader wasn't a Sith Sorcerer. He was a Sith Warrior/Juggernaut.

Darth Sidious was clearly the Sith Sorcerer, and he wore a black dress/robe in the original trilogy.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of using the bikini or dancer top, how is your sage looking like her breasts are hanging out?

I'm truely curious on this, as I haven't seen an outfit yet, outside of those, that gives that look.

Destroyer Chest Guard. Dire War Master. Black Talon Marauder's Tunic and it's brown Jedi equivalent. Those do not make one look like a nun or a stripper.

Do you have examples from the movie to point to what you want? Examples in game? Also are you even taking into account this is the Star Wars galaxy far far away, and they may not have our fashion sense?

It's really simple, either you wear bikini/dancer top and some people think it's showing too much skin or you go the classic way and some people think it's not showing enough skin ie stripper/nun (whether you agree it looks like stipper/nun clothes is not relevant, that's what some people think about dancer outfits and full Jedi robes).

The problem is there's no middle ground for some people. Depending on which side you play, there's no sleeveless top, there's no low cuts top, there's no skirt.

As for examples, there're many in the movies, TV series, comics, games (SWG), they are easy to find.

It's just that since launch BW spent their time recoloring gear and mixing pieces from different items instead of adding new meshes into the game. It's not like they have to create everything, there's a huge amount of things they could base new items on in all the materials created around Star Wars.

Edited by Turshek

Outside of using the bikini or dancer top, how is your sage looking like her breasts are hanging out?

I'm truely curious on this, as I haven't seen an outfit yet, outside of those, that gives that look.

Destroyer Chest Guard. Dire War Master. Black Talon Marauder's Tunic and it's brown Jedi equivalent. Those do not make one look like a nun or a stripper.

Do you have examples from the movie to point to what you want? Examples in game? Also are you even taking into account this is the Star Wars galaxy far far away, and they may not have our fashion sense?

Hello two words. Satele Shan. Have you seen what she wears. It's nice! She still looks like a woman. Here in case you don't get it.

Look at 3 minutes in. She's kicking butt and taking numbers. OMG she's not all covered up or hanging out! What do you know! Middle ground?! This video is what made me want to play SWTOR. What an awesome looking female jedi!

Or how about this http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/7/3/7/0/4/MTS_TheSimer6-89883-PadmeTatooine.jpg

or how about this http://i48.tinypic.com/6p9lw8.jpg ... just look around and get the idea.

The guys get a no shirt option. What else would they wear? Is it that they lack a thong option? Is that what your post is saying? Have you seen what a male stripper wears to look stripperific? That's about it. I'm not against them adding the option, I'm just curious as to what else you think needs added besides that.

You still keep thinking that more sexy means more nude. That is not how it works, not with men and not with women.

No idea if this will link or anything but I finally found the discussion thread back with pictures of sexy male clothing

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=425762

I also just remember the Consular War Hero armor. Don't ask me why, but with some modifications, it could definitely improve:

Remove all those "extensions": the flaps on the thighs, those weird shoulder bracings, that banner thing hanging from the back. That chestpiece seems to have a very simple tunic-like design at its core.

So why, oh why, are all those other things on it? All those paddings and girders and banners and whatever take all the elegance out of the article. Elegance, that same thing that applies to Satele's outfit in the Hope trailer: simple, elegant, maybe a little bit sexy and teasing even, but not in an obvious way.

Clothes don't have to be blatant to be sexy. But that's the whole problem, as many have said by now. Things come in two flavors:

A] 100% functional, totally un-sexy. Lots of padding, lots of armor, lots of tubes, 15 meters of plasteel shoulders.

or

B] Blatantly sexist, unsuitable for combat (even though Leia did tank a raidboss in her kini, but I'm sure she would've worn something else to the occasion if she had had a choice, probably something with lots of pockets)

So there's no middleground, even though the models are in game. But the few times they are actually used for character armor, they are overhauled to such a degree that they fall back into category A.

Pre-fix Phantom Armor (and to some degree, trailblazer and spymaster too) accidently fell inbetween those two categories. Exactly the kind of thing people were looking for. Hence the complaints.

We could use a toggle that lets us switch between the full chest piece and the tank top version.

Alongside that hood toggle people have been asking for since the game was released, if not longer.

I'll take the full chest toggle as an addition to the filters please.

All those paddings and girders and banners and whatever take all the elegance out of the article. Elegance, that same thing that applies to Satele's outfit in the Hope trailer: simple, elegant, maybe a little bit sexy and teasing even, but not in an obvious way.

Clothes don't have to be blatant to be sexy. But that's the whole problem, as many have said by now. Things come in two flavors:

A] 100% functional, totally un-sexy. Lots of padding, lots of armor, lots of tubes, 15 meters of plasteel shoulders.

or

B] Blatantly sexist, unsuitable for combat (even though Leia did tank a raidboss in her kini, but I'm sure she would've worn something else to the occasion if she had had a choice, probably something with lots of pockets)

This person GETS IT.

So why, oh why, are all those other things on it? All those paddings and girders and banners and whatever take all the elegance out of the article. Elegance, that same thing that applies to Satele's outfit in the Hope trailer: simple, elegant, maybe a little bit sexy and teasing even, but not in an obvious way.

Clothes don't have to be blatant to be sexy. But that's the whole problem, as many have said by now.

QFT. +1 vote for less flashy additions like you see in most teenage anime nowadays, and more subtle appreciations. I

Hello two words. Satele Shan. Have you seen what she wears. It's nice! She still looks like a woman. Here in case you don't get it.
Look at 3 minutes in. She's kicking butt and taking numbers. OMG she's not all covered up or hanging out! What do you know! Middle ground?! This video is what made me want to play SWTOR. What an awesome looking female jedi!

Or how about this http://thumbs2.modthesims.info/img/7/3/7/0/4/MTS_TheSimer6-89883-PadmeTatooine.jpg

or how about this http://i48.tinypic.com/6p9lw8.jpg ... just look around and get the idea.

I'd just like to say, I think my BH in her Dreadguard Chest Gear is sexy :p

However, after that...

Aspiring Knights Vest, Dread Warriors Pulsing Chestguard both look close to what the third link is wearing, except that she has one sleeve. Both of them have moddable versions of their looks.

I'd love to have all those examples in game as well. Satele's top was a basic chest top without sleeves. I'm all for them making sleeveless version of, well hell, all items. :p

But out of the three pieces I mentioned, none of them seem have the breasts pouring out, which is what seemed to be what another poster was saying, which again, only happens from a few vendor/GTN/CM bought items. Nothing dropped in game as rewards.

But yes, let's make sleeveless options for these items! I have a friend who would love to have her male character in a Dreadguard Chest piece without sleeves. She was telling me that just two days ago.

That's from a
vid.

And clearly BW is a strong believer in the "naked women have higher defence stats" theory that so many apparently subscribe to.

Where do you see that? Or is it because they made Bikini/Dancer moddable outfits? Personally, I think every outfit should be moddable, and the drops should be various mods and moddable outfits. It allows the player to decide their own look much easier.

And wearing cloth armors to protect against lightsabers/blasters seems like one is already, not wearing enough armor to protect yourself. It's Star Wars, where Jedi/Sith don't need to be armored up, because Lightsaber is the armor.

And to be fair, last I recall of Star Wars movies, even full body armor didn't protect against a single blaster bolt :p

Basically, the "naked woman more protected" meme people like to throw around here, is more suited for D&D Fantasy and not for Jedi/Sith :p

That's from a
vid.

And clearly BW is a strong believer in the "naked women have higher defence stats" theory that so many apparently subscribe to.

Well to be fair jedi don't need to wear any armor. They only need their lightsaber so a jedi could fight naked if needed. However, the same argument can't be made for non jedi/sith characters. For fantasy games like wow it doesn't make sense to have bikini armor especially for melee classes. About the only argument I seen that defends bikini armor in wow is a powerful mage, lock, or caster don't need armor since they rely on their magic abilities for defense, which is reflect on the fact that most of the caster armor is cloth. Thus, I don't think a caster would have much use for heavy armor. However, melee classes should in fantasy games like wow should not wear only bikini armor, but for swtor it's different. Only jedi and sith don't need to wear heavy armor or any at all. All non force user however do need to wear armor.

As for gear being skimpy or sexy, I don't really care. It's up to each individual to decided what he/she want's their character to look like in game. On my characters I only wear the slave girl top outfit for sorcerers or sages. I don't like the way it looks on any other class due to the way animations work and the type of gear your given as you level. All my sith warriors/jedi knight wear pants and the slave top doesn't look right with the flaps when the character wears pants. Thus, the only my sage and sorcerer wear the slave top.

Edited by Knockerz

I wasn't even thinking about the heels. :p

But, I was looking over something from another game I played, and I thought "You know, they could add that in for males!" Then of course I thought, "They could then add it in for females! But then, if they did that, females would still have more skin showing options, which would defeat the point!"

But the idea was this. A nice tight shirt that's ripped in various places showing skin! ^_^

Or maybe gets more and more torn up the more damage you take. Then the music changes to the fight theme from the original Star Trek series.

:D

I do have a gunslinger and a sentinel in scantily-clad clothing. Though my scoundrel ended up with this via Tattooine:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0222-02-43-05_zpse36e7316.jpg

...which I think is awesome. Though some Alderaanean nobles may disagree.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0302-35-38-68_zpsa586408b.jpg

The "off-duty" clothing part does sound good, though. Mainly because my two deliberately scantily-clad characters are that way because I based them off of Kei and Yuri from the Dirty Pair TV/OVA series partly in jest to all the talk about dancer outfits and whatnot. In the series, they wear what's described as a "space bikini" as a regular uniform, though wear more normal-looking clothing when not on a mission.

I might just do what I do with my male sage based off of Major Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist: I have a top he wears for most role-playing scenes, though he switches to the covert torso armor when going into battle. Since the original wears his normal military uniform and tends to pull the tunic off and fight bare-chested. Using Force Techniques passed down the Armstrong line for GENERATIONS!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Alex/swtor2013-01-2102-07-12-94.jpg

(Except my Legacy name on Harbinger isn't "Armstrong" due to a lack of foresight on my part. Drat.)

I'm seriously thinking of making a Sith Warrior based off of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan role from the 80s.

I'm still tempted to give the gunslinger and sentinel the scoundrel's outfit, if I can find a copy for the sentinel. Or maybe a schematic my armormech can craft. Or I can keep them as-is, having them go around kicking butt, righting wrongs and not really giving a damn what people think about their outfits... or what certain people project onto others as their motives for wearing them.

Edited by Sinapus

Or maybe gets more and more torn up the more damage you take. Then the music changes to the fight theme from the original Star Trek series.

:D

I do have a gunslinger and a sentinel in scantily-clad clothing. Though my scoundrel ended up with this via Tattooine:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0222-02-43-05_zpse36e7316.jpg

...which I think is awesome. Though some Alderaanean nobles may disagree.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Kyrie/swtor2013-02-0302-35-38-68_zpsa586408b.jpg

The "off-duty" clothing part does sound good, though. Mainly because my two deliberately scantily-clad characters are that way because I based them off of Kei and Yuri from the Dirty Pair TV/OVA series partly in jest to all the talk about dancer outfits and whatnot. In the series, they wear what's described as a "space bikini" as a regular uniform, though wear more normal-looking clothing when not on a mission.

I might just do what I do with my male sage based off of Major Alex Louis Armstrong from Fullmetal Alchemist: I have a top he wears for most role-playing scenes, though he switches to the covert torso armor when going into battle. Since the original wears his normal military uniform and tends to pull the tunic off and fight bare-chested. Using Force Techniques passed down the Armstrong line for GENERATIONS!!!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/Sinapus/SWTOR%20Screenies/Alex/swtor2013-01-2102-07-12-94.jpg

(Except my Legacy name on Harbinger isn't "Armstrong" due to a lack of foresight on my part. Drat.)

I'm seriously thinking of making a Sith Warrior based off of Arnold Schwarzenegger's Conan role from the 80s.

I'm still tempted to give the gunslinger and sentinel the scoundrel's outfit, if I can find a copy for the sentinel. Or maybe a schematic my armormech can craft. Or I can keep them as-is, having them go around kicking butt, righting wrongs and not really giving a damn what people think about their outfits... or what certain people project onto others as their motives for wearing them.

They just need to add a more conan like sword in game for this work. The swords in swtor look closer to that giant sword Cloud uses in final fantasy.

Edited by Knockerz

Aspiring Knights Vest, Dread Warriors Pulsing Chestguard both look close to what the third link is wearing, except that she has one sleeve. Both of them have moddable versions of their looks.

But out of the three pieces I mentioned, none of them seem have the breasts pouring out, which is what seemed to be what another poster was saying, which again, only happens from a few vendor/GTN/CM bought items. Nothing dropped in game as rewards.

That's wonderful! Except I'm a sage. Sages can wear none of that (we wear light armor). Believe me I'd slap on that aspiring knights vest in a heartbeat if that were possible.

Not every piece has a bare midriff. But not enough do.

Sorry you had a typo in that response so fixed it for you!

While I do wish there was more NON CARTEL clothing sets for all

I get so tired of the nonsense of complaining about womans outfits!

Do you go to a beach and complain about bikinis?

Dont ever goto France or downtown Toronto Canada on a bright sunny day

Girls can go topless

oh the horror!!!!! :rolleyes:

When I see the vast majority of the end game armors, especially on the Imp side, I think Shogun, as it looks to me more like something that belongs in a Shogun:Total War based MMO than Star Wars.

heh I STILL maintain the Assassins Battlemaster head piece was a direct rip off from the Aliens Franchise or at least a rip off from the artist that inspired the look of the aliens franchise.

Nothing at all to do with Star Wars.

And the Republic side Black Hole gear....OMG!!!!

Mystic looks like something outta a caveman movie (that the women wear)

Jedi Knight BH gear looks like a a walking coat hook off each shoulder

and it just goes on from there

Nuns have a much better sense of color and style.

Jedi clothing in general has been designed with five simple goals in mind....

1) It must cover every square inch from neck to toes.

2) It must be brown or a shade of brown.

3) It must be highly flammable.

4) It must completely restrict movement.

5) It must make a metal bikini look practical and plausible in comparison.

6) It must make you think "Wow, those nuns, that black-and-white colour scheme, the way the pure white frames the face, it's... actually quite stylish in comparison to this, isn't it?" :)

I think Star Wars suffers from the same problems as Star Trek, the "space" outfits tend to look like the time they were designed in more than anything else, so we get what the old 70s people thought was a cool "futuristic" look (e.g. lots of cloth of solid colours with straight lines)

Edited by SelinaK

That's wonderful! Except I'm a sage. Sages can wear none of that (we wear light armor). Believe me I'd slap on that aspiring knights vest in a heartbeat if that were possible.

Oh! Gaaah. I did forget about Sages. The one class without a belly shirt option! *facepalm*

Well, I do keep saying they need to make Aspiring Knight Vest a Cartel Market Item Adaptive Armor with no mods in it, so we can take it at level 1.