Buying PvP gear

broja-jacra

Why is it that I cant use my warzone comms to buy PvP war hero gear from the vendors till im lv 50? I know I cant equip it till im 50 but surely you can let me buy it and place it in my cargo hold till i can use it, after all there is only so many Comms i can carry and theres nothing to spend them on that I need.

You can get class-specific stuff before 50. My Agent got the jacket and boots, you can mod them up and they aren't too too bad.

It is annoying that you can't get War Hero gear until later, but I suppose the Devs didn't want an early arms race in the pre-50 Warzones.

It's dumb, I agree 100%, too many things that Bioware does in this game are roadblocks meant to frustrate players with very little upside for game balance, in order to get the player to play the game in the way that BW wants us to. With that said, just buy a ton of medpacks and adrenals and save them for lvl 50 when you won't want to divert warzone comms away from gear purchases.

As mentioned its about working to keep the grind for level 50 gear at level 50, so the process itself is not trivialized.

Another aspect is that it attempts to keep the 10-49 warzones more light and 'just for fun' as there is only so much benefit one can get from them, that way instead of trying to cap coms the "serious" pvpers would farm the 10-49 bracket , making it a more hostile environment to newcomers (or just those not well versed in pvp).

Also important is that many people are enticed by carrot on a stick. People may gripe, groan, and state that "let's just have it all be equal and keep it pure". But at the end of the day having something to work for/towards keeps more people engaged for a longer period overall. The key is the balancing act of perception of equality against time sink to work towards. This is where the quite easy to grind War Hero set paired with the marginally improved Elite War Hero set comes into play.

For the first character the process is preserved rather then trivialized, while players with an established 50 and alts now can simply use the legacy system to farm level 50 gear in the level 50 bracket, then ship it along to the leveling alt to put on once they reach cap themselves.

Edited by paul_preib

You have some points OP, I agree. But also agree the point that if it was available to buy b4 50 then there wud be nothing left to grind. MAybe they can increase the com cap a bit more. On the other hand depending on what you buy, you can buy 2-3 WH pieces when you freshly hit 50. And it's easier than easy to increase the number to 4-5 pieces in a few couple of hours when u hit 50. 2 weeks ago i dinged with one of my alt toons and I was alrdy wearing 5 WH pieces when I logged out that day.

however there could be some more rewarding pre50 available pvp items else than the consumables. So we can just spend our coms and not sit full capped w8ing for 50.

You have some points OP, I agree. But also agree the point that if it was available to buy b4 50 then there wud be nothing left to grind. MAybe they can increase the com cap a bit more. On the other hand depending on what you buy, you can buy 2-3 WH pieces when you freshly hit 50. And it's easier than easy to increase the number to 4-5 pieces in a few couple of hours when u hit 50. 2 weeks ago i dinged with one of my alt toons and I was alrdy wearing 5 WH pieces when I logged out that day.

however there could be some more rewarding pre50 available pvp items else than the consumables. So we can just spend our coms and not sit full capped w8ing for 50.

You can stack 4500 ranked comms + 2750 normal ones pre lvl 50.

With that you can buy main hand + off hand (1550 X 2) + head/gloves/leggins/boots (875 X 2 + 1075 + 975) as soon as you hit 50.

10-40, buy consumables and lvl 20-40 "pvp" gear.

If you don't need warzone medpacks/adrenals, sell them for money.

Get valor 40 at 40 and stack ranked comms. As the change ratio is 1:3, it takes quite some time.

Edited by Turshek

I disagree theres plenty still to grind as you need to have tour valour rank high enough to wear them and be lv 50 to wear them being able to buy them before lv 50 doesnt trivialise them as you still have to work for them and still have to get to lv 50 and valour 70 to use them. its just annoying that theres a cap on the comms which I will reach before im lv 25 and theres nothing I want to spent them on apart from the gear and an expertise +41 crystal. so because I dont want or need anything else I can buy with the comms Im left to reach the cap and then either just waste the comms or stop pvp till im lv 50 at which point i need to start grinding to get the valour level needed, makes it a bit pointless doing pvp before 50 .

I disagree theres plenty still to grind as you need to have tour valour rank high enough to wear them and be lv 50 to wear them being able to buy them before lv 50 doesnt trivialise them as you still have to work for them and still have to get to lv 50 and valour 70 to use them. its just annoying that theres a cap on the comms which I will reach before im lv 25 and theres nothing I want to spent them on apart from the gear and an expertise +41 crystal. so because I dont want or need anything else I can buy with the comms Im left to reach the cap and then either just waste the comms or stop pvp till im lv 50 at which point i need to start grinding to get the valour level needed, makes it a bit pointless doing pvp before 50 .

The nature of the triviality could be derived from the fact that a level 40+ in near at-level purples can stomp through 10's and 20's. Is the issue really that folks feel it is unfair to not be able to grind it out until 50, or simply a matter of not wanting to deal with those few days of the heavily recruit stage?

Sorry as someone who has done the grind for several different character I just can't see a reason for it to be trivialized any further.

You can stack 4500 ranked comms + 2750 normal ones pre lvl 50.

With that you can buy main hand + off hand (1550 X 2) + head/gloves/leggins/boots (875 X 2 + 1075 + 975) as soon as you hit 50.

10-40, buy consumables and lvl 20-40 "pvp" gear.

If you don't need warzone medpacks/adrenals, sell them for money.

Get valor 40 at 40 and stack ranked comms. As the change ratio is 1:3, it takes quite some time.

you can also "store" comms buy purchasing the PVP weapons for 900 comms and selling it back within 2 hours. as long as you rotate it properly, it is possible for you to get full Warhero and a couple of Elite Warhero bits the second you hit 50.

As mentioned its about working to keep the grind for level 50 gear at level 50, so the process itself is not trivialized.

Another aspect is that it attempts to keep the 10-49 warzones more light and 'just for fun' as there is only so much benefit one can get from them, that way instead of trying to cap coms the "serious" pvpers would farm the 10-49 bracket , making it a more hostile environment to newcomers (or just those not well versed in pvp).

Also important is that many people are enticed by carrot on a stick. People may gripe, groan, and state that "let's just have it all be equal and keep it pure". But at the end of the day having something to work for/towards keeps more people engaged for a longer period overall. The key is the balancing act of perception of equality against time sink to work towards. This is where the quite easy to grind War Hero set paired with the marginally improved Elite War Hero set comes into play.

For the first character the process is preserved rather then trivialized, while players with an established 50 and alts now can simply use the legacy system to farm level 50 gear in the level 50 bracket, then ship it along to the leveling alt to put on once they reach cap themselves.

Eloquently stated.

The nature of the triviality could be derived from the fact that a level 40+ in near at-level purples can stomp through 10's and 20's. Is the issue really that folks feel it is unfair to not be able to grind it out until 50, or simply a matter of not wanting to deal with those few days of the heavily recruit stage?

Sorry as someone who has done the grind for several different character I just can't see a reason for it to be trivialized any further.

It doesnt Trivialise anything as I would still have to be Lvl 50 and Valour rank 70 to wear it so a lv 40 cant wear it. All i want is to be able to buy it with the comms I have earned and grinded for and store it till I can use it as theres nothing else I wish to spend my Warzone comms on so once I am full with comms I'll have to quit pvp till im 50 or waste them on rubbish I niether want or need. which then trivialises any efforts Ive made in the warzone pre lv 50.

I dont have a problem with having to wait till im lv 50 and valour 70 to use it I have a problem with not being able to buy and store it before that level because I cant save the comms for it.

Edited by broja-jacra

This is actually a valid point. I never thought of that before.

Edited by kirorx

It doesnt Trivialise anything as I would still have to be Lvl 50 and Valour rank 70 to wear it so a lv 40 cant wear it. All i want is to be able to buy it with the comms I have earned and grinded for and store it till I can use it as theres nothing else I wish to spend my Warzone comms on so once I am full with comms I'll have to quit pvp till im 50 or waste them on rubbish I niether want or need. which then trivialises any efforts Ive made in the warzone pre lv 50.

I dont have a problem with having to wait till im lv 50 and valour 70 to use it I have a problem with not being able to buy and store it before that level because I cant save the comms for it.

You don't need to be valor rank 70 to wear EWH gear. Yes you need valor 40 for the comms but the gear itself has no rating requirement. My vanguard for example just hit 50 and I put him straight away in my commando's hand-me-downs that are a mix of 61's and 63's. His valor was 49 at the time, wore it with no issue.

Last time there was a valor requirement (cosmetic shells aside) BM was the highest tier of PVP gear.

Edited by paul_preib

Don't forget you can also legacy swap lvl 50 pvp gear from a main to an alt and be in full WH the moment you hit 50.

Yep, that's why the system works

A first-time 50 has to do it through the full process as intended--> level up, save the comms he can so he'll have a recruit/WH mix of gear that is competitive but not fully realized yet at 50--> finish building his WH set by competing in level 50 content--> Decide whether he wants to optimize his WH set or proceed straight to EWH

Someone with an alt can use that previously leveled character to grind out a full War Hero (or even EWH) set on their main, send the gear via legacy, and thus allow the alt to be geared without going through the rough opening days of a fresh mostly recruit 50.

Either way the process is preserved why, because the player with an alt gets to benefit from an easier go of the comm grind and the first timer still engages in the full process as intended. The difference here is that both ways the gear is earned by competing for level 50 gear via level 50 content.

It also keeps twinks from farming the 10-49 bracket for easy gear to RE for stabilizers.

You don't need to be valor rank 70 to wear EWH gear. Yes you need valor 40 for the comms but the gear itself has no rating requirement. My vanguard for example just hit 50 and I put him straight away in my commando's hand-me-downs that are a mix of 61's and 63's. His valor was 49 at the time, wore it with no issue.

Last time there was a valor requirement (cosmetic shells aside) BM was the highest tier of PVP gear.

The set Im saving for is standard war hero strikers set for my assassin and it states on it that its lv 50 and needs valour rank 70(The elite War Hero set states max valou level and the war hero set). Im still a long way off hitting valour 70 but my comms bank is nearly full and theres nothing I want to spend them on apart from the set. Its just annoying that for everything else I can get gear ahead of level and store it( My Cargo hold is full of future armour , mods and schematics) but cant use comms to do the same with PvP gear.

Edited by broja-jacra

Why is it that I cant use my warzone comms to buy PvP war hero gear from the vendors till im lv 50? I know I cant equip it till im 50 but surely you can let me buy it and place it in my cargo hold till i can use it, after all there is only so many Comms i can carry and theres nothing to spend them on that I need.

They idea is so you can't hoard PvP stuff in the 1-49 group.

Personally I think it's probably lost its point at this moment in the game, to be honest I'm thinking being able to buy it off the Cashshop wouldn't be much of a downgrade in game experience now.

Edited by Goretzu

The set Im saving for is standard war hero strikers set for my assassin and it states on it that its lv 50 and needs valour rank 70(The elite War Hero set states max valou level and the war hero set). Im still a long way off hitting valour 70 but my comms bank is nearly full and theres nothing I want to spend them on apart from the set. Its just annoying that for everything else I can get gear ahead of level and store it( My Cargo hold is full of future armour , mods and schematics) but cant use comms to do the same with PvP gear.

Are you sure that the completed pieces have got a valor requirement?

The player crafted shells do have a valour requirement, however the actual WH and EWH pieces you buy shouldn't have one.

Edited by Stoofa

Are you sure that the completed pieces have got a valour requirement?

The player crafted shells do have a valour requirement, however the actual WH and EWH pieces you buy shouldn't have one.

This, there is no valor requirement on pvp gear except for cosmetic shells. The pieces themselves have not had a valor requirement since 1.3. There is no valor grind except for the utterly minimal one to 40 in order to swap regular comms for ranked.

• 2 months later...
No there wasnt any Valour level on the ones bought from the vendor, just the crafted shells but its all irrelevant now as bioware has got rid of the ones i wanted meaning i do have to get to valour 70 and craft myself a set. thanks bioware

No there wasnt any Valour level on the ones bought from the vendor, just the crafted shells but its all irrelevant now as bioware has got rid of the ones i wanted meaning i do have to get to valour 70 and craft myself a set. thanks bioware

wow necro much?

Say goodbye to those +120 Power Relics. I am GLAD I still have mine on my main. The new relics are flat out worthless. Heck the stats on the old Battlemaster relics are even better than these new ones. I'm still going to use my old stuff them augmented.

No there wasnt any Valour level on the ones bought from the vendor, just the crafted shells but its all irrelevant now as bioware has got rid of the ones i wanted meaning i do have to get to valor 70 and craft myself a set. thanks bioware

My Sorc can craft the full set of War Hero Force Master.

Edited by DarthVengeant