Top 15 Worst Mistakes in Warzone !!!

Rendolphe

Our healers hate this, but when it comes down to it, sometimes leaving a healer is better than leaving a dps for defensive purposes. Apart from stealthers, most healers are able to hold out for longer against an attack, allowing more time for reinforcements to arrive.

Sometimes, sure, it depends on the WZ, group, and opposing team though. When my operative was level ~20, I volunteered to guard all the time, since my healing was pretty sad, and I had stealth. And there have definitely been times where we have had too many healers and need more DPS on the contested node.

In the AH case from last night, round 1 both me and my guildie (both healers) were at mid, and we controlled it pretty easily. We ended round 1 ahead on points, after having to retake the pylon. But with me guarding in round 2, we got slaughtered at mid, and we ended up behind. Which is why I refused to guard on round 3.

Would you rather have a PT pyro or a merc healer guarding a node?

Neither would be ideal of course, and would depend on whether we had 1 node or 2. The problem with the merc is that any DPS class that knows how to interrupt and stun effectively should be able to kill the merc pretty quickly. The PT can at least switch cells and gain some survivability, even if their damage will go to crap as a result. So if we have 2, the merc should be at the contested node since he is ranged and has spammable AoEs to stop caps, plus his healing. If have 1, the merc should guard, because if we don't take the second, it won't really matter if we hold 1, and eliminating healers quickly is usually the key to taking the contested node.

Now if you asked me between a bubble-stun sorc and a PT who would be a better guard, I'd say the sorc. Provided they are not one of the stupid ones that constantly kills themselves to pad their healing numbers.

AH is a special case again, where no class without stealth could really be expected to be effective as a solo guard.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes, sure, it depends on the WZ, group, and opposing team though. When my operative was level ~20, I volunteered to guard all the time, since my healing was pretty sad, and I had stealth. And there have definitely been times where we have had too many healers and need more DPS on the contested node.

In the AH case from last night, round 1 both me and my guildie (both healers) were at mid, and we controlled it pretty easily. We ended round 1 ahead on points, after having to retake the pylon. But with me guarding in round 2, we got slaughtered at mid, and we ended up behind. Which is why I refused to guard on round 3.

Neither would be ideal of course, and would depend on whether we had 1 node or 2. The problem with the merc is that any DPS class that knows how to interrupt and stun effectively should be able to kill the merc pretty quickly. The PT can at least switch cells and gain some survivability, even if their damage will go to crap as a result. So if we have 2, the merc should be at the contested node since he is ranged and has spammable AoEs to stop caps, plus his healing. If have 1, the merc should guard, because if we don't take the second, it won't really matter if we hold 1, and eliminating healers quickly is usually the key to taking the contested node.

Now if you asked me between a bubble-stun sorc and a PT who would be a better guard, I'd say the sorc. Provided they are not one of the stupid ones that constantly kills themselves to pad their healing numbers.

AH is a special case again, where no class without stealth could really be expected to be effective as a solo guard.

agreed 100%. I was just throwing out some example scenarios.

And I have a lowbie dps op. I volunteer to guard every time.

It's so funny when Sorcs sitting there using sacrifice to boost their heal number while solo guarding a node. I stealth over, wait until they almost kill themselves and proceed to finish the job, capping the node to lead my team to victory.

yeah, because stims don't go on cooldown right, you should always have those on!

Good video, but it assumes a lot of stuff without context. The capping examples were good, and the protection example was good. Guarding points is good. That's about 4 of the 15. The others are small errors that are situational at best. You aren't losing a match because your stim was on cooldown. Also in a PUG, if you're alone at a point, unless you have that incoming pretyped up, you're almost better served keeping the other team off the point - I type fast, but not 8 seconds fast.

I rather see a 15 things to do right in a WZ.

lol not 8 seconds fast? what are you using to type?

Are you also one of the people that don't call incoming then type in "Sorry I couldn't call inc I was stunned"

Yeochins should not be allowed to post on this thread.

Countless times I've seen him ahead of the ball carrier in Huttball, spamming Force Lightning instead of pulling the ball carrier forward.

Yeochins, #10 was put in that vid directly for people like you. I hope one day you realize this.

You shouldn't have spoken. You aptly describe #9 - you fail at your Assassin class.

Edited by Yeochins

My personal favorite is Number 1. The biggest reason this happens is the watchers tend to be the guys who don't want to do anything but stand around and collect comS. I mean, your job is to watch the friggin door or area and call out incoming and you let someone sneak being you and take it. How lazy can you be? Edited by oslek

My personal favorite is Number 1. The biggest reason this happens is the watchers tend to be the guys who don't want to do anything but stand around and collect com. I mean, your job is to watch the friggin door or area and call out incoming and you let someone sneak being you and take it. How lazy can you be?

actually, in my experience, watchers are people who accidentally go to the wrong door and get stuck there, just hoping for a chance to switch to the main door

I disagree with the popping of Transcendance / Predation right as the gate drops.

1. Wait till you are below the gate so everyone doesn't fly off and lose some of their health in the process.

2. In Alderaan you run across a situation where mid is empty and you have to scoot to grass or snow to save the two or three sent that way, that is when you pop it and make up that time loss.

3. Also you are assuming that they have the 30 stacks. Now I am only level 46 on my Sent and 12 on my jug, but I do not yet posses the ability to drop it at a whim so in sub 50 pvp point #11 is moot, in fact I have noticed that lately even if I have 30 stacks when I load in it is gone.

As for healers on guard, yeah I hate that, but if I am not getting lolsmashmonkey's on me then I can stay alive, popping WZ heal packs also, long enough for reinforcements to arrive. I would rather it be me losing the heal medals but gaining a win, over losing and getting top heals.

I will say that the call inc's is a game killer, at the start of each zone I use Shift+arrow keys to cntl+c a phrase such as "pylon help" or "help west/grass/snow" then I can just hit enter cntl+v and bam message off with more time to fight. To add to that I hate, hate, hate it when you are in NC for example and you just take south and everyone is standing around, it is sooooo easy to just look from the north side and see if west / east need backup. Most of the time I see the inc before they are called and I call from my vantage point. Plus you are still racking up guarding points. If I catch a guy not calling out and always at the node, I vote to kick them since they are not their to play but to piggy back on every one else. We have one such republic nuisance on The Shadowlands.

Big thing to a win is being a team, not trying to "han" Solo it and being a hero. that guy that calls out form a node an has crap for damage is just as much part of victory as the one who can peel for a healer. It takes them all to be a force to win.

Disagree with #10.

It seems like you lack strategy, and that is a mistake on your part.

The 3-cap is done to force the other team to perform a balancing act. It is often the case in regular warzones, and sometimes the case in rated warzones where your team fighting at the main objectives (Novare South, and Alderaan Middle) is incapable of focus fire on healers and themselves are on the loosing end of a fight.

The people who go to attempt to 3-cap to force a response or a shift of enemies from the main objective are the people who save the main objective from being lost. If you stick a powerful and skilled DPS player, they will have a 90+% chance of taking the node if nobody else from their team moves to defend. Stick someone who is good at 1v2's and they can quickly turn the balancing act heavily in your favor as they need 3 to defend the off-node.

Do it enough times and they will always keep at least 2 players on the off-node giving you a 1-player advantage when your psychological warfare takes effect.

Wow, I've never seen so much garbage in one place.

I've seen 3-caps done quite a bit. I've seen dozens and dozens of instances where they split into 4/4 and go for grass/snow and the mid fails to respond at all. I've seen TWICE where the 3-cap worked for any amount of time.

Maybe this sort of thing works in tightly-controlled wz with two 4-mans and good comms, but a pack of 8 pugs trying to three man almost always ends in failure due to lack of comms and coordination.

Good calls , good healing, solid defense, proper use of hot, taunt, stun and bubble, and above all else communicating is a much better remedy than 3-capping. It MAY be workable in Alderaan due to the tunnel, but not Novare.

I disagree with the popping of Transcendance / Predation right as the gate drops.

1. Wait till you are below the gate so everyone doesn't fly off and lose some of their health in the process.

Before you post here I added in annotation to pop once you reach the floor in NC.

2. In Alderaan you run across a situation where mid is empty and you have to scoot to grass or snow to save the two or three sent that way, that is when you pop it and make up that time loss.

Pop it at the gate or 5 sec later IDC. But just pop the damn speed :p. Going mid with speed or grass/snow is your choice but speed your group.

3. Also you are assuming that they have the 30 stacks. Now I am only level 46 on my Sent and 12 on my jug, but I do not yet posses the ability to drop it at a whim so in sub 50 pvp point #11 is moot, in fact I have noticed that lately even if I have 30 stacks when I load in it is gone.

You get a skill that give you 30 stack and you pop your speed after. I suggest you pop your 30 stack at 50 sec before the start, because it last 60 sec . You are saving 50 sec on the cooldown of poping a stack fo 30.

The worst mistake I've seen is when people call for backup when there is no need. If you have a 2 on one in your fqvor don't say you need help. You can inform the group that there is one there, but there is no need to call for reinforcements when they aren't needed.

Before you post here I added in annotation to pop once you reach the floor in NC

This can be said of HG as well. Also I hate it when people throw their trooper/ bh buff after everyone is there and has them because that will drop your HP as well. I have been in several fights where I come out a victor with only 100 HP left. not having a full bar in the beginning can affect a close fight.

Well done, mostly vaild points. In regards to the shadow/sin, sometimes we run a "gasp" non-tank spec and guard is not an option.

^True.

Sin/Shadow are not always tank but they are really good node keeper. They can mind maze few time the opponent and stay stealthed. That give a lot of time for the reinforcement. But it should be very boring to always sit on node all normal WZ so this is normal we see theses Sin/Shadow not guarding it.

IMO, Shadow are made for special mission.

1) Guard the node

2) Ninja cap / Stealthy attack on opposite node

3) Ball carrier in Huttball (TANK)

4) Pissed off people in fire trap (Huttball).

actually, in my experience, watchers are people who accidentally go to the wrong door and get stuck there, just hoping for a chance to switch to the main door

this. so many times i come running in to help, and then get stranded there as everyone else runs to get some action. I use to hang at the node being the team player, but now i just don't care and if i feel like pvping, i'll just go with everyone else..

Nice video. This should be stickied and turned into homework for everyone entering warzones.

I see you're Empire. I'm Republic.

I wish to face you in a warzone because you know how to play, but also don't want to because you would make it much more difficult for me who will take advantage of any weaknesses I can spot :)

Pop it at the gate or 5 sec later IDC. But just pop the damn speed :p. Going mid with speed or grass/snow is your choice but speed your group.

I know it's "common knowledge" that Sents should pop their speed boost out of the gate, and I did it when I ran my Sent, but I wonder how much it *really* helps. You are never going to get to an objective on any of the capping maps, and be able to cap before the enemy shows up. The fact that you got there maybe 3 seconds before the other side, well, I don't know. Maybe for NC, if you can slip someone inside the bunker and the rest of your team can use CC to keep the other side from having LOS while they cap (or the other side just doesn't pay attention). And for Huttball, I've seen *sooooo* many matches, where the first things that happen is one side speeds to get the ball, and then the ball carrier is immediately pulled into the acid, stunned, and obliterated in about 1.5 seconds, and then the other side has the ball. I very rarely see a rush to get the ball first actually result in a goal unless the team that does it is going to dominate the whole game anyway. All "in my experience" anyway.

You get a skill that give you 30 stack and you pop your speed after. I suggest you pop your 30 stack at 50 sec before the start, because it last 60 sec . You are saving 50 sec on the cooldown of poping a stack fo 30.

The guy you were replying to here was talking about sub-50 where you don't have that "instant 30 stacks" skill yet. Can hardly be considered one of the top mistakes to not do something you can't actually do. :)

Before you post here I added in annotation to pop once you reach the floor in NC.

I pop if before the floor if the guy going to the side has no self-speed. Predation affects friendlies in range of 30m and there is something like 40m difference between the doors in NC so you need to stand in the middle of them to buff everybody. Also you do not take fall damage if you drop via rocks and not go directly straight.

Edited by Arunas

I know it's "common knowledge" that Sents should pop their speed boost out of the gate, and I did it when I ran my Sent, but I wonder how much it *really* helps. You are never going to get to an objective on any of the capping maps, and be able to cap before the enemy shows up. The fact that you got there maybe 3 seconds before the other side, well, I don't know. Maybe for NC, if you can slip someone inside the bunker and the rest of your team can use CC to keep the other side from having LOS while they cap (or the other side just doesn't pay attention). And for Huttball, I've seen *sooooo* many matches, where the first things that happen is one side speeds to get the ball, and then the ball carrier is immediately pulled into the acid, stunned, and obliterated in about 1.5 seconds, and then the other side has the ball. I very rarely see a rush to get the ball first actually result in a goal unless the team that does it is going to dominate the whole game anyway. All "in my experience" anyway.

Speed is effective (out of the gate) on:

1. Alderaan - in cut-throat games where the middle is forever stalemated, it falls to the side turret that was capped first.
  2. Huttball - First possession
  3. Voidstar - Against bad teams without coordination, they will stumble to pick east/west doors thus giving you precious time to cap.

I'd say the current number 1 mistake is "I'm going right to delay their cap. One more come with me." = 2 free kill points...every round. leaves your team shorthanded at mid also. uglymrj started a thread about this a while ago.

my all time favorite is probably the guy who tells the whole ops (more or less) to attack the enemy's natural node (NC/CW). if the other team has sprints/predation, they'll cap it anyway. and you just gave them the middle, which they can reach quickly. and...hey...they're not blind. they can see all those red plates running to their node. even a reg wz pug grp isn't going to sit a mid and wave to you. if that strat ever works, it's because you significantly outgear/skill the other team, not because it's a sound strat.

I'd say the current number 1 mistake is "I'm going right to delay their cap. One more come with me." = 2 free kill points...every round. leaves your team shorthanded at mid also. uglymrj started a thread about this a while ago.

my all time favorite is probably the guy who tells the whole ops (more or less) to attack the enemy's natural node (NC/CW). if the other team has sprints/predation, they'll cap it anyway. and you just gave them the middle, which they can reach quickly. and...hey...they're not blind. they can see all those red plates running to their node. even a reg wz pug grp isn't going to sit a mid and wave to you. if that strat ever works, it's because you significantly outgear/skill the other team, not because it's a sound strat.

I don't know how many times I see this where I will turn and run to intercept and it is great, because little ol me will slow them long enough that we cap two. And on rez I head to the node they were headed for, again usually dont survive here, but by that time the team has shown up and we hold them.

To add a few:

Nobody capping. You have 3 or more people killing one last enemy and nobody is trying to cap, waiting until that one enemy is dead giving plenty of time for reinforcements to arrive. Bonus stupid points if its NC.

Everybody capping. If you see me capping in any WZ but NC don't run up and start capping as well, use some CC and intercept reinforcements. Seeing 4 people all capping makes me very angry.

And stealthers sitting in stealth not contributing, i.e. "Hey guys stealthed in endzone, go pit and pass to me" when we don't control mid syndrome. Bonus stupid points if they yell this out after each time our opponents score.

Edited by VaeVictis

I made a video on TOP 15 worst mistakes that people commit in Warzone. (IMO)

If your character figure in this video, please don't take it personnal and no offense to you. Everybody make mistake in WZ. and I need to show example.

Hahah nice video =)

I completely and utterly disagree with your opening statement. A guildie and myself, both 26k-27k tank spec'd assassins in EWH gear often are able to harass and survive in this situation while often times coming away with a cap(this also doesn't "weaken your team at mid" because 9/10 the other team will panic and send half to 3/4 of their team to that node leaving mid open for you to cap while giving our team plenty of time to back us up). Then again, we aren't retarded puggies who don't have a plan(are in voice chat, rotate CC's, run opponents off of the node so the other can cap... Etc... Etc). You'd be amazed at how many times we get the crucial caps and stall for reinforcements that ultimately end up being the deciding factor in the victory. I wouldn't recommend you do this unless you know the tendencies of your teammates and have quick, open lines of communication though.

Edited by Cowflab