Character Creation - Females

JediRaffa

Hey guys,

Loving the game so far. Is it me or are the female features, aside from the body types, completely butt ugly?

Is there anyway to get a character to look as close to that hot looking bounty hunter from the Deceived trailer ?

LOL, thanks for answering my vein question.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the female characters look pretty darn good, for the most part. I would certainly like more options, but I am easily able to make females I'm happy with.

I'm actually having a hard time making males I like. Mostly I can't stand the assortment of hairstyles and want more.

I've made a number of quite attractive female characters IMO. Play around with the head/complexion options more. I especially like head 1, 4, 6 and 12 (at least on body type 1). Complexion 40 is awesome if you like freckles :) Edited by VicSkimmr

Hey guys,

Loving the game so far. Is it me or are the female features, aside from the body types, completely butt ugly?

Is there anyway to get a character to look as close to that hot looking bounty hunter from the Deceived trailer ?

LOL, thanks for answering my vein question.

I think mine looks pretty good :confused:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/falconsfan14/Screenshot_2011-12-20_13_52_51_276704.jpg

(FWIW, speaking as a woman, myself, here)

I'm actually quite pleased with the two girls I've rolled so far (Chiss BH, Twi'lek SI). I think there are enough options to make an attractive (IMO of course!) lady, although more options are almost always welcome.

On the other hand, some of the implementation choices are really strange.

- This is a big one: the faces change a LOT between different body types. I was thinking to make one of my girls with Body 1, but the faces just weren't working for me. I switched to Body 2 and those were much better.

- Eyebrows combined with the complexion slider? Really?

- For Twi'leks: cosmetics combined with lek'ku markings? Really?

But I was quite happy with how my girls turned out.

oh I didn't know that the faces would change depending on the body type. I guess I need to tinker more.

But seriously, if there is a model out there to get the same look as that bounty hunter from Deceived, send me the numbers. Because she is indeed pretty hawt.

thanks for entertaining my vanity post. I think making the look of your characters is pretty important for an MMO.

I considered making my own post for this, but I will add it to this thread.

I cant understanfd the OP at all. There are plenty of options to make young, beautiful toons.

Unfortunately their is a distinct lack of complexions that allow you to make your char look old. It's not that such complexions are not generally existant - you see them a lot on NPCs.

I realise that an old char may not perfectly fit with role play aspects of all of the class quests lines but it certainly fits to some. There is no reason for these complections not being available to players.

oh ppft, this is not like the female Troll ion WoW, where there is only 1 pretty (unblinking) face. There are so many customization options that there are many pretty options to be found.

I know i love my Twi'lek female.

Creating a hot Sith babe was priority number one for me, and I feel the game really delivered here. Body 2, head 1... Of course, she's Sith, so I gave her a face full of patchwork scars and blue veins around the eyes... And strangely, she's still hot!

I'd like to reiterate: body type 2. Giggity.

Tastes are subjective of course.

I think what bothers me is the makeup. There are no neutral eyes with sort of tan/soft red lips. Everything looks intended for streetwalkers, to be honest. Blue and green or purple all the way to the eyebrows, coral red or pink or bright red lips. Instead of a simple line on the bottom lip, you get huge, sort of poorly applied makeup on the eyes as well.

I have a cute looking character but I don’t use any makeup on her, making that whole thing completely unusable. I don’t see where these weird, eighties-looking makeups are coming from. Bioware usually has sort of nice makeup in their games.

A few more subtle options would be nice. There’s a blush for nose and cheeks under complexions but for whatever reason, it’s SO red that it makes your character look like a drunk, rather than something that would just add a bit of life to an otherwise plastic-like face. On occasion, I find a complexion I like but since the eyebrows are forcibly attached to the countenance, for whatever reason, I’m stuck with an expression I can’t really choose because of the skin-texture I want. Why?

The hairstyles are pretty ghastly for the most part, many of them looking more like rubber helmets than hair.

I’d like to see more makeup and complexions that simply add texture and personality to a face rather than making them look sort of lady-of-the-night’ish. Blue eyeshadows almost all the way to the eyebrows looks ghastly, usable only for really old ladies with purple hair or twelve-year-olds applying their first coat of makeup and not realising that less is, often, more. Or else, someone who didn't flick on the light before applying their 'face' in the morning. I don’t want thick coating of cheap colours, please :/

Edited by Nassegris

• 3 weeks later...

In my opinion both female and male options of customization...

Too many options tied together like eyebrows and complexion and much more

Many options also make char face look dirty in game while it still looked nice on creator. Have deleted quite many chars right after creation just to redo them as they look far more displeasing in gameworld than creator..

In other hand coming from AION my char creator standards are quite high and this just refrains creativity :D

98% of the options in character creation are hideous. I've noticed that almost no one on the servers that I've played on use anything other than body type 2. Body type 1 just makes the facial features look bizarre.

I've really only looked at the human options. The Marluks, or whatever they are called, with the blindfolds, are usually bizarre and wierd looking. And pretty much all the cybernetics on the cyborgs look like something out of a horror movie. (I'm guessing that the cybernetics most improve "in game" to make them not look like monsters once they get upgrades?)

Although I don't see it very often, I think there are a couple of not so bad options with body type 3.

I think the majority of the hairstyles must have been designed for either one of the hideous faces or for one of the other body types, because most of the hair styles are really bad. The majority of them give the female characters with body type 2 the look of a receeding hair line, cover the face up where you can't see the face, or have an odd shape that looks really bad. And "that's" after I got used to the Princess Leigha hairdos.

A lot of the complexion, scaring, and cosmetic options "must" have been designed for Sith/Empire characters

I haven't gotten a good look from the "yellow" and "orange" eyes, but now that I think about it, those were probably for Sith characters as well. only the 3 blue eyed options look natural/good, although I haven't really tried the brown eyes, which also might work.

Inspite of 98% of the avatar/toon options being really bad, I think there is still that 2% that allows you to create a pretty good looking female character. And even with that, that probably leaves at least 20 to 60 slightly different combinations.

I wonder if BW has looked at the statistics on how many of the options are never used or are used by less than 0.0001% of those playing.

Edited by GamerInDallas

What?! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/789850/swtor_2012_01_05_20_39_07_488.jpg

That's the Mako Size 2 Face btw heh! Mako 6 years older if you will. :p

And I wish we could choose the Sith Corruption level that we want to show. Not just on/off. The Dark 1 eye color just looks amazing. Dark 2 looks like you ate too much chocolate while staying up all night.

Edited by karcyon

Oh. Also, I have noticed that very few of the female NPCs are attractive as well. I thought Sateel was attractive when I first saw her in the first cut sceen in the Jedi temple, but then realized later that she's really not attractive.

The only NPC that I can remember being attractive was the Lin (I think her name was) character on Ord Mantell who's husband dies. And she isn't even one of the face types that I thought were attractive (which goes to show that you can get some good results with at least one or two of the face types that I had pretty much written off.)

Edited by GamerInDallas

What?! http://dl.dropbox.com/u/789850/swtor_2012_01_05_20_39_07_488.jpg

That's the Mako Size 2 Face btw heh! Mako 6 years older if you will. :p

And I wish we could choose the Sith Corruption level that we want to show. Not just on/off. The Dark 1 eye color just looks amazing. Dark 2 looks like you ate too much chocolate while staying up all night.

Other than the orange eyes, I wouldn't call her "un-attractive", but I would call her "plain".

Other than the orange eyes, I wouldn't call her "un-attractive", but I would call her "plain".

Lets all remember that the idea is to allow women to make realistic characters.

Not to help CHILDREN make a sexy girl to play with.

Lets all remember that the idea is to allow women to make realistic characters.

Not to help CHILDREN make a sexy girl to play with.

Speak for yourself. lol

I don't want to see realistic characters. I want to see attractive and heroic characters. This isn't real life where 98% of the people have no choice but to look really ugly. Movie stars are attractive, and get hired, for a reason.

Besides... Orange eyes, aliens, receeding hairlines on women, the scarring, and most of the makeup options are "realistic"?