WoW Clone to the lettter!

Hoseman

Server que's? way to copy WoW at launch too. Damn bioware get original.

Pshhhhhhhhhh

Trollish post is trollish.

People wait in line for good things, everytime you goto the theme park you get to jump in the first seat of every ride immediately?

Maybe I'm showing my age with this comment, but...

WoW didn't have server queues at launch, and the servers died under the crushing weight of massive -- and completely unexpected -- demand.

Queues didn't come until nearly three weeks later, and Blizzard was one of the very first MMO developers to implement the concept on a western MMO.

Perhaps you don't remember WoW's actual launch very well -- maybe you were too young or the years have worn at your memories -- but it was a complete and total debacle. The game was quite literally unplayable and Blizzard issues MONTHS worth of extended playtime over the course of the first 6 months of the game's life.

Edit: I know that you're joking. I get that. I posted this for the people who DIDN'T get the joke.

Edited by Tiresias

Server que's? way to copy WoW at launch too. Damn bioware get original.

Pshhhhhhhhhh

Irony on so many levels. Complaining about server queues. Again. How, dare I say it, original? Are you sure it's a WoW clone? Maybe its an EQ2 clone. At a basic level almost all of these games are a UO clone, because UO was first, and if you want to get even more basic, UO isn't an MMO, but a MUDD, which makes all of these MUDDs, which were basically AD&D. Which was derive from Gary Gygax's game Chainmail. So way to go EA, it's just a Chainmail clone.

Really, we can't have it both ways. We can't claim it' a WoW clone on the same page we're begging them to copy a feature from WoW like addons, or their auctionhouse.

WoW didn't have server queues at launch, and the servers died under the crushing weight of massive -- and completely unexpected -- demand.

Queues didn't come until nearly three weeks later, and Blizzard was one of the very first MMO developers to implement the concept on a western MMO.

Incorrect. Most WoW servers did not get queues until days/weeks after release, but a select few had them the evening of launch day.

I know this because I had characters on one of them (Blackrock-US).

Server queues aside, SwTor feels much more like City of Heroes than WoW in my opinion.

Sure it borrows some concepts from WoW, but I think they've done a really goood job of differentiating themselves without getting so far off course that it's unfamiliar.

And then some things are far and away unique and awesome like the story-driven nature of the quests and the idea of the infinitely upgradeable orange gear items.

Edited by USSDefiant