The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

I just realized how incredibly off topic my previous post was and feel the need to say something that is relevant to the thread. I hope that my lady warrior and Lana are still sweethearts, for if they are not I shall be quite upset. Edited by flumfsushi

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized how incredibly off topic my previous post was and feel the need to say something that is relevant to the thread. I hope that my lady warrior and Lana are still sweethearts, for if they are not I shall be quite upset.

So much this. My lady knight is married to Doc (which is why I was a bit disappointed the complete and utter lack of reaction from him every time I flirted with Lana). She'd be down for a polyamorous relationship, though. Make it happen, BW!

I just realized how incredibly off topic my previous post was and feel the need to say something that is relevant to the thread. I hope that my lady warrior and Lana are still sweethearts, for if they are not I shall be quite upset.

So much this! I hope she remembers the romance she had with my female warrior.

The game does need same gender romance... I mean, there are trillions (easily more) of people in the galaxy, and we've seen many opposite-sex relationships, but not a single same sex one. The option should be there for players, and some NPCs shouldn't be hetero. And most games (from what I've seen) use female-female relationships to attract a young male playerbase (stereotypically, in terms of target audience), and I believe several examples of a range of same gender romance should be around the galaxy.

So much this! I hope she remembers the romance she had with my female warrior.

Likewise for my bounty hunter, but...

I really hope we get more options than Lana. Lana's nice and all, but I'd hate to be locked into one romance option for all my characters. Here's hoping some of the returning lady companions get their gaydar fixed, or there's at least one more bi or gay woman out there looking to join the Outlander.

My trooper would likewise be satisfied with Theron, but he'd be interested to see what the options are first.

Edited by Cythereal

Likewise for my bounty hunter, but...

I really hope we get more options than Lana. Lana's nice and all, but I'd hate to be locked into one romance option for all my characters. Here's hoping some of the returning lady companions get their gaydar fixed, or there's at least one more bi or gay woman out there looking to join the Outlander.

My trooper would likewise be satisfied with Theron, but he'd be interested to see what the options are first.

I was thinking/hoping that Vaylin or Senya are full on gay/lesbian but that may just be a pipe dream.

I was thinking/hoping that Vaylin or Senya are full on gay/lesbian but that may just be a pipe dream.

I'd really like to see at least one light sided lady who loves other ladies... because at this point, the message may become problematic (especially as I think Lana's dark side will become more apparent with her as a full companion).

(I LOVE Lana, yes I do... but, this is still a concern of mine. My ladies are all LS, and their tolerance for DS attitudes/actions will only go so far.)

Edited by Zandilar

because at this point, the message may become problematic (especially as I think Lana's dark side will become more apparent with her as a full companion).

Cracked.com did an article about this a few months ago, in fact. Sure, there are gay/bi people in Star Wars... but they're almost universally Sith (Lord Cytharat, Lana), work for Sith (The moff lady in the latest book, a male Mandalorian couple in an older book), have been/can become Sith (Juhani and her ex girlfriend in KOTOR), or are morally ambiguous spies (Theron). Lemda Avesta is the only gay/bi person in all of Star Wars to date who isn't generally considered a bad guy and can't become one.

All of my ladies are LS as well, and so here's hoping for a like-minded chance at love for them.

Edited by Cythereal

Cracked.com did an article about this a few months ago, in fact. Sure, there are gay/bi people in Star Wars... but they're almost universally Sith (Lord Cytharat, Lana), work for Sith (The moff lady in the latest book, a male Mandalorian couple in an older book), have been/can become Sith (Juhani and her ex girlfriend in KOTOR), or are morally ambiguous spies (Theron). Lemda Avesta is the only gay/bi person in all of Star Wars to date who isn't generally considered a bad guy and can't become one.

All of my ladies are LS as well, and so here's hoping for a like-minded chance at love for them.

Isn't there a couple of other female flirt options among some mission givers? Like the macrobinocular mission giver Rep side? I didn't flirt with her because she's pining away for someone else (only one character who's taken this horrible mission yet).

The problem TOR has is players don't want fleshed out companions, they want herosexual ones. As for the books my first thought is to ask is the hero generally a Jedi?

I'd really like to see at least one light sided lady who loves other ladies... because at this point, the message may become problematic (especially as I think Lana's dark side will become more apparent with her as a full companion).

(I LOVE Lana, yes I do... but, this is still a concern of mine. My ladies are all LS, and their tolerance for DS attitudes/actions will only go so far.)

I really really really hope Lana doesn't go full darkside on me...

That would really test my light sided warrior's alignment lol.

I really really really hope Lana doesn't go full darkside on me...

That would really test my light sided warrior's alignment lol.

Would be interesting to see the dynamic. You could turn Ashara to the Dark Side (no matter how much she lies to herself about it),and you could turn Jaesa too - but I don't think that counts, because it's like flipping a switch and she goes batsh*t crazy.

Can you turn Lana back towards the light? Is it too late because we got locked in carbonite for five years while her entire world crumbled around her?

Rivyr the Pure has never gained a DS point, but she is rather tolerant of some DS POVs. She understands where Scourge is coming from, and generally gets along with him (mostly because he's not a genocidal maniac that just wants to watch the world burn). She's generally receptive to the idea that those raised in the Empire simply have no love for the Republic, and can hardly hold that against them.

She would, of course, try to get Lana to see the Light, but barring any drastically evil goings-on by the lady Sith, will probably always love her, even if she stays loyal to the Empire. Or what's left of it...

Isn't there a couple of other female flirt options among some mission givers? Like the macrobinocular mission giver Rep side? I didn't flirt with her because she's pining away for someone else (only one character who's taken this horrible mission yet).

The problem TOR has is players don't want fleshed out companions, they want herosexual ones. As for the books my first thought is to ask is the hero generally a Jedi?

I'm not sure about the macrobinoculars NPC, but I know there are some BH event quest givers(?) you can flirt with... But I think the point was that most gay characters in the greater Star Wars universe are either DS, tend DS, or can become DS with the right choices.

There's been a lot of Star Wars books where the protagonist isn't a Jedi, because frankly Rebellion era Star Wars has very few Jedi. There's been any number of note-worthy non-Jedi protagonists. But, I wouldn't count myself an expert in this regard - I've really only read one Star Wars novel ever, and that was Lords of the Sith (the one with (the lesbian) Moff Mors, who is a pretty good character and even better managed to survive the novel - I just wish they'd done a bit more with her).

As for the whole herosexual thing... *sigh* I have a couple of points... (I have a feeling I may have missed your point here, SithKoriandr, but these thoughts have been running around in my mind recently anyway and sort of spilled out...)

1) Herosexual and fully fleshed out are not mutually exclusive concepts. There are ways of doing herosexual that are meaningful in the context of the character. It takes a deft touch with characterisation in an interactive narrative, but it is possible. (I don't necessarily trust the writers at Bioware Austin to do this well, however.)

2) (Talking just existing companions here...) Lets leave aside male companions for the moment. Each class has at least one female companion, some get two. In all cases the female companion is a love interest. If you want the female version of each class to have a female love interest, you're going to have to make all the female LIs go both ways (ok, maybe not for Smuggler and Agent both of whom have two LIs, you could choose Kaliyo or Rania, Risha or Akaavi - but that would invariably leave out LS or DS characters, since each LI here is LS or DS in nature). (Yes, SCORPIO is the exception, but she's a droid.)

3) Herosexual is very much a compromise. To be quite fair to Bioware, they are constrained by their budgets. If you wanted to do "non-herosexual" female LIs (for example, using my point above), you'd have to introduce extra female characters if you didn't want the LI to be bisexual. That's extra pixels, extra voice work, extra writing, extra design, which means extra extra extra extra money, and/or very likely compromises on pixels, voice work, writing, and design elsewhere. And if you (as Bioware) DID make the existing female LIs bisexual, you'd get accused to making them "herosexual" (isn't it neat how bi-erasure works :rolleyes:).

Edited by Zandilar

There's been a lot of Star Wars books where the protagonist isn't a Jedi, because frankly Rebellion era Star Wars has very few Jedi. There's been any number of note-worthy non-Jedi protagonists. But, I wouldn't count myself an expert in this regard - I've really only read one Star Wars novel ever, and that was Lords of the Sith (the one with (the lesbian) Moff Mors, who is a pretty good character and even better managed to survive the novel - I just wish they'd done a bit more with her).

Isn't that a really recent book, the one with Vader and Palpatine on the cover? I'll have to pick it up when it goes softcover, then. I'm interested to see the treatment of the character.

As for the whole herosexual thing... *snip*

Regarding points 1/2: Realistically, all it takes is double-recording all the voice lines so that there's male-context and female-context versions, but this ties into your point 2: costs $$$

Regarding point 3: There's no real functional difference between herosexual and bisexual from a game mechanics standpoint, so I'm not sure saying "bi-erasure" is exactly relevant in this context; it would certainly not be intentional. (Although I know what it means and what it entails so I understand where you're coming from). The only way to differentiate between the two would be for the NPC in question to explicitly say either a) they enjoy sex with both men and women, or b) [player character gender] only.

I don't think we'll get that in a T-rated game, however. The very notion of sexuality isn't "teen" in the eyes of the ESRB, even though there's a high incidence of sexuality among teenaged people in real life. So Bioware would be constrained to skirting the issue, and it would be a terrible compromise.

Edited by Diviciacus

3) Herosexual is very much a compromise. To be quite fair to Bioware, they are constrained by their budgets. If you wanted to do "non-herosexual" female LIs (for example, using my point above), you'd have to introduce extra female characters if you didn't want the LI to be bisexual. That's extra pixels, extra voice work, extra writing, extra design, which means extra extra extra extra money, and/or very likely compromises on pixels, voice work, writing, and design elsewhere. And if you (as Bioware) DID make the existing female LIs bisexual, you'd get accused to making them "herosexual" (isn't it neat how bi-erasure works :rolleyes:).

There is and always a simple way around all this. They just had to not be afraid to do it. Look at the NPCs and go "Hmmm...yup. She's bi." Kailyo is now bi. Maybe the only bi female of the companions. "Yup. He's bi." Tharan is now bi. Maybe the only bi male of the companions. "Talos. He's gay." Talos just turned into the gay love interest.

Do the same for a same sex companion. They never should have been afraid to just speak up and say "No. You won't have an option for same sex with all the classes, but with these classes you can."

If they did that, then there wouldn't be any hero/bisexual debate, people would just know. The debate comes in when they just make all new LIs bi. Works for me, my characters are bi :p However, even in this thread there are posters wanting companions who are just same sex and not bi.

I still think most prefer Herosexual, which has it's benefits, in that if you like them, you're in luck! :) Downside is they just don't feel like they're really fully figured out characters.

Some may also be writing. I've said it before, Theron and Lana romances are just way better than the companion ones (at least from female side...I hear males may have a few good ones).

There is and always a simple way around all this. They just had to not be afraid to do it. Look at the NPCs and go "Hmmm...yup. She's bi." Kailyo is now bi. Maybe the only bi female of the companions. "Yup. He's bi." Tharan is now bi. Maybe the only bi male of the companions. "Talos. He's gay." Talos just turned into the gay love interest.

Do the same for a same sex companion. They never should have been afraid to just speak up and say "No. You won't have an option for same sex with all the classes, but with these classes you can."

Yeah, spot on. Despite the thread name-change, some 'Clarification' would still be nice after... 3+ plus years. Specifically, the two old Erickson quotes.

"When we do this, we wanna do it right, we wanna do it with the characters that make sense, that we always knew that we wanted to do it for those, so you guys know and we've talked about it before, it ended up being a budget and scheduling issue. There are romance arcs that we wanted to do that didn't make it in the game, we knew which characters" and "We were not willing to go in and just change all the dialogue to work for the other gender. That is not writing. That is not good storytelling."

Has the second one been killed, in terms of bi/hero-sexual/whatever companions? When RotHC hit, they switched tracks and started the "Oh, we never said companions, you must have misunderstood" line, so I'm pretty sure the first one is dead and buried. Sure would be nice if Musco... or whomever is on the Community job now (I've been gone awhile) could pop in and say what's up with the impending companions. Not to compare Biowares, but look how ahead of time they detailed the LI availablity for Inquisition.

I don't think that would work. You'd end up segregating people interested in same gender romance arcs into certain classes (like all the f/f fans will play Agent and Smuggler (just for example, say Kaliyo is bi and Akaavi as gay)... and all the m/m fans would play umm... Consulars and Inquisitors (for Tharan (bi) and Talos (gay), your examples)).

So with the above example, if I happen to like the way Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights play, I'm SOL with regard to same gender romances - either I play my favourite class or I play a class where I can have an SGR. It's not a fun choice, honestly. Especially if you didn't like the style of play for the class with the same gender romance.

The other effect it would have would be to almost set in stone the sexuality of the player's character (if we're ignoring out-side-class-companion-romances at least). A JK would always be straight because their LIs are only opposite gender attracted, for example, while male Agent would be straight, and a female Agent could be straight, bisexual, or lesbian - while the converse would be true for Consulars.

If they did that, then there wouldn't be any hero/bisexual debate, people would just know. The debate comes in when they just make all new LIs bi. Works for me, my characters are bi :p However, even in this thread there are posters wanting companions who are just same sex and not bi.

I think there still would be. I think people would want some kind of an option no matter what class they played. As I said above, it's not a fun choice to choose between your favourite class or an SGR.

I still think most prefer Herosexual, which has it's benefits, in that if you like them, you're in luck! :) Downside is they just don't feel like they're really fully figured out characters.

Some may also be writing. I've said it before, Theron and Lana romances are just way better than the companion ones (at least from female side...I hear males may have a few good ones).

I think it is possible to create a herosexual character who still feels fully fleshed out. But it needs to be written into the character, and by that I mean... if your intention is for a character to be monosexual (straight or gay), then you have to alter the dialogue on the basis of the gender they're interacting with - so maybe they might mention a lover in the past who is the same or opposite gender depending on the gender of the player's character. Maybe have two alternate romantic backgrounds for the character that get implemented depending on which gender is interacting with them. It is a bit more work to do it (in the sense of writing and voice work), but it can absolutely be done. Basically what I'm saying here is don't just write gender neutral lines and expect them to be good enough.

Of course if your intention is for a character to be bisexual, then write them that way! Don't be shy about it. Show the LI is interested in both genders, somehow. Maybe not have the (bi) women all act jealous* when the male PC flirts with another female NPC - have her say that said NPC is hot and she'd flirt too, just as an example. (Of course, there are other ways to do this, but I think you get my point here.)

* I noticed when playing through on my male Smuggler that both Risha and Akaavi reacted jealously when he flirted with other women in front of them - and I wasn't romancing either of them, and had no intention of ever romancing either of them. (Not that I don't like them - well I don't know about Akaavi, but I like Risha well enough - just that I was saving his romance for Theron.)

I don't think that would work. You'd end up segregating people interested in same gender romance arcs into certain classes (like all the f/f fans will play Agent and Smuggler (just for example, say Kaliyo is bi and Akaavi as gay)... and all the m/m fans would play umm... Consulars and Inquisitors (for Tharan (bi) and Talos (gay), your examples)).

So with the above example, if I happen to like the way Sith Warriors and Jedi Knights play, I'm SOL with regard to same gender romances - either I play my favourite class or I play a class where I can have an SGR. It's not a fun choice, honestly. Especially if you didn't like the style of play for the class with the same gender romance.

The other effect it would have would be to almost set in stone the sexuality of the player's character (if we're ignoring out-side-class-companion-romances at least). A JK would always be straight because their LIs are only opposite gender attracted, for example, while male Agent would be straight, and a female Agent could be straight, bisexual, or lesbian - while the converse would be true for Consulars.

I think there still would be. I think people would want some kind of an option no matter what class they played. As I said above, it's not a fun choice to choose between your favourite class or an SGR.

I think it is possible to create a herosexual character who still feels fully fleshed out. But it needs to be written into the character, and by that I mean... if your intention is for a character to be monosexual (straight or gay), then you have to alter the dialogue on the basis of the gender they're interacting with - so maybe they might mention a lover in the past who is the same or opposite gender depending on the gender of the player's character. Maybe have two alternate romantic backgrounds for the character that get implemented depending on which gender is interacting with them. It is a bit more work to do it (in the sense of writing and voice work), but it can absolutely be done. Basically what I'm saying here is don't just write gender neutral lines and expect them to be good enough.

Of course if your intention is for a character to be bisexual, then write them that way! Don't be shy about it. Show the LI is interested in both genders, somehow. Maybe not have the (bi) women all act jealous* when the male PC flirts with another female NPC - have her say that said NPC is hot and she'd flirt too, just as an example. (Of course, there are other ways to do this, but I think you get my point here.)

* I noticed when playing through on my male Smuggler that both Risha and Akaavi reacted jealously when he flirted with other women in front of them - and I wasn't romancing either of them, and had no intention of ever romancing either of them. (Not that I don't like them - well I don't know about Akaavi, but I like Risha well enough - just that I was saving his romance for Theron.)

That's just it, it doesn't force anything. It just would've meant either you did or did not choose the romance. Just like now, you're choose not to romance a possible option because you've decided your smuggler is gay.

If they did what I suggested, then there wouldn't have been any "You were scared to put it in" threads. It would've been put in. Of course my example didn't get rid of any opposite sex attraction, so very possible someone could have complained anyways, but at least at that point they could have said "more options coming for all classes" and there'd be less to complain about.

As for hero sexual, I guess if they decided to start off with one flirt option that could then trigger "is the NPC straight or gay" right there. If the PC flirted there, the NPC would show interest, while if they didn't, the NPC would from that point act as if they're straight or gay, with no interest in the PC.

That's just it, it doesn't force anything. It just would've meant either you did or did not choose the romance. Just like now, you're choose not to romance a possible option because you've decided your smuggler is gay.

Even if they put in herosexual romances, it's still ultimately the player's choice to engage in the romances. If you don't want to flirt with a particular companion, just don't flirt with them.

Anyway, are we talking at cross purposes here? My understanding is that you were saying in order to avoid herosexual characters we could have a few gay/bisexual love interests scattered around the classes, though not every class would get one. If that was indeed what you were saying, then I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that it doesn't force anything. If I, as a player, wanted to play a lesbian character, I'd be locked into which ever classes happened to get visited by the lady gay fairy - using the example in my previous post, that would limit me to choosing either an Imperial Agent or a Smuggler. And, if I happened to be a person who loved Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights, I'd be pretty much relegated to playing a celibate lesbian, or playing a class that would only ever be second best to my preferred play style...

Please note, I actually love Operatives and Scoundrels, they're my preferred class choice. If things panned out the way they did in the example, I'd still be SOL because I am not particularly fond of Kaliyo or Akaavi as romance partners - too many compromises needed for a LS character to become involved with either of them... If they were really going to implement the few amongst many idea and still give players a good range of choice, then they'd have to have them in the combination of Kaliyo and Risha or Temple and Akaavi (one in each pair lesbian, the other bisexual). I'm not greedy, I swear! I just want my LS ladies to be able to hook up with a like minded lady.

As for Zilrkov (my male smuggler), he flirted with quite a few ladies on his way up to 55. His heart was broken by Senator Dodonna, he had a fade to black moment with Beryl Thorne, he flirted with Risha early on, but never flirted with Akaavi... However, I had decided part of the way through playing him that he'd ultimately hook up with Theron, so I never took it any further with Risha despite the temptation (because I, personally, really like Risha and my female smuggler was quite sad she couldn't get anywhere with her). I guess he's bisexual. :D

(I'd just like to say here, so far I'm not as sold on Theron's romance as I was on Lana's. Lana's is much more sweet and intimate, especially with an Imperial character, but even with Republic characters Lana is pretty awesome... Theron's is just... cold? He's very standoffish. I'll have to play through it some more, maybe I haven't got to the good bits yet.)

If they did what I suggested, then there wouldn't have been any "You were scared to put it in" threads. It would've been put in. Of course my example didn't get rid of any opposite sex attraction, so very possible someone could have complained anyways, but at least at that point they could have said "more options coming for all classes" and there'd be less to complain about.

No, instead they would be flooded with posts from people who felt ripped off because their favourite class didn't have a companion of their preferred non-heterosexual sexuality... As well as still getting angry rants from people felt there shouldn't be any SGRs at all. And I don't think it would have stopped people saying "well you didn't include options for everyone because you were scared of doing it fully"...

As for hero sexual, I guess if they decided to start off with one flirt option that could then trigger "is the NPC straight or gay" right there. If the PC flirted there, the NPC would show interest, while if they didn't, the NPC would from that point act as if they're straight or gay, with no interest in the PC.

Or just act normally, without sexuality coming up again. (How many times does the sexuality of the non-LI characters come up? I have a terrible memory, and also am very lazy and don't generally work on the affection levels for companions I don't use on a regular basis.)

Even if they put in herosexual romances, it's still ultimately the player's choice to engage in the romances. If you don't want to flirt with a particular companion, just don't flirt with them.

Anyway, are we talking at cross purposes here? My understanding is that you were saying in order to avoid herosexual characters we could have a few gay/bisexual love interests scattered around the classes, though not every class would get one. If that was indeed what you were saying, then I don't understand how you come to the conclusion that it doesn't force anything. If I, as a player, wanted to play a lesbian character, I'd be locked into which ever classes happened to get visited by the lady gay fairy - using the example in my previous post, that would limit me to choosing either an Imperial Agent or a Smuggler. And, if I happened to be a person who loved Sith Warriors or Jedi Knights, I'd be pretty much relegated to playing a celibate lesbian, or playing a class that would only ever be second best to my preferred play style...

Please note, I actually love Operatives and Scoundrels, they're my preferred class choice. If things panned out the way they did in the example, I'd still be SOL because I am not particularly fond of Kaliyo or Akaavi as romance partners - too many compromises needed for a LS character to become involved with either of them... If they were really going to implement the few amongst many idea and still give players a good range of choice, then they'd have to have them in the combination of Kaliyo and Risha or Temple and Akaavi (one in each pair lesbian, the other bisexual). I'm not greedy, I swear! I just want my LS ladies to be able to hook up with a like minded lady.

As for Zilrkov (my male smuggler), he flirted with quite a few ladies on his way up to 55. His heart was broken by Senator Dodonna, he had a fade to black moment with Beryl Thorne, he flirted with Risha early on, but never flirted with Akaavi... However, I had decided part of the way through playing him that he'd ultimately hook up with Theron, so I never took it any further with Risha despite the temptation (because I, personally, really like Risha and my female smuggler was quite sad she couldn't get anywhere with her). I guess he's bisexual. :D

(I'd just like to say here, so far I'm not as sold on Theron's romance as I was on Lana's. Lana's is much more sweet and intimate, especially with an Imperial character, but even with Republic characters Lana is pretty awesome... Theron's is just... cold? He's very standoffish. I'll have to play through it some more, maybe I haven't got to the good bits yet.)

No, instead they would be flooded with posts from people who felt ripped off because their favourite class didn't have a companion of their preferred non-heterosexual sexuality... As well as still getting angry rants from people felt there shouldn't be any SGRs at all. And I don't think it would have stopped people saying "well you didn't include options for everyone because you were scared of doing it fully"...

Or just act normally, without sexuality coming up again. (How many times does the sexuality of the non-LI characters come up? I have a terrible memory, and also am very lazy and don't generally work on the affection levels for companions I don't use on a regular basis.)

No. Wanting to play a gay character does not mean one would have to play a character with a gay companion. Playing a gay character would just mean, there was no LI option on that particular class.

And what I said was, let the NPC decide. We know Kaliyo is bi, so the Agent would have had that option. You on the other hand seem to just think herosexual is the way to go, and that's fine.

As for people getting angry, that's their own fault. There was nothing in the game that said "Everyone gets a chance with everyone"

Not worry about those who say SGR shouldn't be in the game. Let them type furiously away at their keyboards. :p Though, if they did do herosexual from the beginning as you seem to have liked, there may not have been any issues with anyone going "No SGR!"

You can already play a celibate gay character if you want to. Only changing that for a few specific classes just seems obnoxious to me. I'm not a huge fan of playersexuality myself, but It's a lot worse IMO to be forced to play a specific storyline to have a shot at SGR, instead of being able to play the classes I personally enjoy playing.

You can already play a celibate gay character if you want to. Only changing that for a few specific classes just seems obnoxious to me. I'm not a huge fan of playersexuality myself, but It's a lot worse IMO to be forced to play a specific storyline to have a shot at SGR, instead of being able to play the classes I personally enjoy playing.

If you are talking about the 50-60 expansions yes you can...if you mean 1-50 no you can't:) In 1-50 the idea that we could romance/do something with the same gender just seem to be nonexistant for our character...and I find that the worst actually. Not that no one is interested, but that you yourself just never try.

If I am remembering correctly (was a long time ago) after the Agent was done with Tatooine there may(depending on your choices) be a female npc that is thankful and all...and when she tried to kiss my agent the agent was just standing there likely going '***...what is she trying to do??''...which was kinda funny....

Could all this fretting be moot?

If I understand comments made in other threads... most if not all of the current companions are to be lost, and new ones introduced. And many are saying that the new characters will not be confined to a single class, but available to all classes in that faction.

If that is true, then BW will probably have 1 or 2 lesbian characters, 1 or 2 gay male characters, 1 or 2 bisexual (or equivalently, player-sexual) and 1 or 2 straight. In that case, the only fretting would be from players who liked a particular companion, but did not like his/her sexual orientation.

Could all this fretting be moot?

If I understand comments made in other threads... most if not all of the current companions are to be lost, and new ones introduced. And many are saying that the new characters will not be confined to a single class, but available to all classes in that faction.

If that is true, then BW will probably have 1 or 2 lesbian characters, 1 or 2 gay male characters, 1 or 2 bisexual (or equivalently, player-sexual) and 1 or 2 straight. In that case, the only fretting would be from players who liked a particular companion, but did not like his/her sexual orientation.

Well that's your problem right there. You're taking someone else said - but which isn't sourced to Bioware - as fact. There has been some datamining, and it shows that almost all companions are showing up again. But, it's not from Bioware so I wouldn't trust it any further than I can throw it.