The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

And Half Life 3 is coming out soon too i'm sure

What does Half LIfe 3 have to do with SGR in SWTOR? And that's not a rhetorical question.

all threads are policed for offensive stuff, it doesn't mean they are paying any more attention to this thread than any of the dozens of pointless threads whose sole purpose is to *****/troll/attention whore

I'm just saying 5 minute to give us SOMETHING would go a long way

As I said, they have added SGR content to SWTOR and plan to add more...

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all threads are policed for offensive stuff, it doesn't mean they are paying any more attention to this thread than any of the dozens of pointless threads whose sole purpose is to *****/troll/attention whore

I'm just saying 5 minute to give us SOMETHING would go a long way

To be honest I'm not entirely clear what else you're looking to hear from them. Old Companion SGR's, last we heard, are not going to happen. However going forward (Makeb onward) SGR's would be included.

Not sure what information is missing that BW could add beyond maybe "yes, that is still our plan."

To be honest I'm not entirely clear what else you're looking to hear from them. Old Companion SGR's, last we heard, are not going to happen. However going forward (Makeb onward) SGR's would be included.

Not sure what information is missing that BW could add beyond maybe "yes, that is still our plan."

Bioware is always free to change their minds, though.

Personally, I'd be endlessly amused if LS Jaesa became romanceable only by women, and her becoming bisexual as DS is part of her descent into depravity to go with everything else she does as DS.

Personally, I'd be endlessly amused if LS Jaesa became romanceable only by women, and her becoming bisexual as DS is part of her descent into depravity to go with everything else she does as DS.

But unless they do, there is not much to talk about is there?

>bisexual

>depraved

Casual.

Bisexual =/= Depraved.

Depraved can mean doing sexual things you normally wouldn't consider. I'm pretty sure LS Jaesa isn't into BDSM like DS Jaesa is.

I didn't mean that as a slur against bisexuality or bisexuals, just noting that DS Jaesa is far, ah, looser than she appears to be LS and I would be amused but not surprised if LS Jaesa, if made romanceable, is in fact gay.

When did we hear that ? Please give me a source.

The last on the topic of companion SGRAs to my knowledge was that they have been postponed, not that they will never be included.

This really is the topic that never dies.

I mean, at this point it's blatantly obvious that all companions haven't had any depth added since the initial launch. To be completely honest, companions really have just become pets. Regardless of how much Bioware initially didn't want them to be.

Both expansions had some same gender romance. That was Bioware's way of throwing a bone. I'd be extremely pleased if Bioware put focus back on your companions/crew but that is just so unlikely now. Hoping for anything more than what you have is really grasping for straws.

Edited by Xeraz

Im just goingto say this:

I WANT TO HAVE A LESBIAN RELATIONSHIP WITH JAESA!!!

BTW it was promised for us to have the option of same gender relationship since the first year of the game... and we are still waiting.

Being SWTOR a dying game, why dont just give to your loyal players what we want?, simple!.

Please provide valid, credible sources for why you think this game is dying. I would post the opposite, but you are the one making the claim, so the burden of proof is on you.

Chicken Little never has much everywhere beyond "the sky is obviously falling"

Only good pubbie romance option IMO.

I wouldn't say only good, but I'd say best... the thing that sort of annoys me though...

Romancing Kira gives you dark side points. I assume because she starts off as your padawan. You know, that whole dating your teacher thing that is generally frowned upon in polite society. Thing is, later she becomes a full knight. So the relationship is okay. That doesn't matter to the initial dark side points you get for starting the romance with her, however. Whereas the consular ALSO can romance their padawan. No dark side points, and SHE remains your padawan.

being attracted to everything that moves is not a way to live

Why, aren't you an attractive locomotive?! Want to come home with me and have some fun? :)

And Yes, Bi IS awesome !

Edit says: Pansexual even more so.

Edited by Elceleth

I wouldn't say only good, but I'd say best... the thing that sort of annoys me though...

Romancing Kira gives you dark side points. I assume because she starts off as your padawan. You know, that whole dating your teacher thing that is generally frowned upon in polite society. Thing is, later she becomes a full knight. So the relationship is okay. That doesn't matter to the initial dark side points you get for starting the romance with her, however. Whereas the consular ALSO can romance their padawan. No dark side points, and SHE remains your padawan.

I would chalk that one up to an oversight causing inconsistency on the part of the devs. Remember,

Passion is universally a darkside path in SW lore. Romancing anyone should give you DS points as a Jedi.

I'd really like to see some full-fledged same sex romances in SWTOR some day. The flirtations are nice but not enough.

The idea floated around in these threads about light side Jaesa being available for women only is really bad, by the way. If you are going to make changes for Jaesa's romance, don't base the allowed genders on light/dark side.