Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

That was the option that youtube vid showed when the female warrior said "Wait, why no women?" to Vette's sister, when Vette responded with that which made no sense for her to say.

She reacts the same way to male Warriors - because you're interrupting their reunion, after being apart for over a decade, so you can try to screw her sister. I'm surprised Vette only tells you to shut up.

The option 3 thing... I need to look at the wheel more closely, but I'm sure 'good' options have been 3.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She reacts the same way to male Warriors - because you're interrupting their reunion, after being apart for over a decade, so you can try to screw her sister. I'm surprised Vette only tells you to shut up.

Yep. I think her reactions are all to do with the fact that it's her sister than anything else.

Yep, Corso's just standing out as very, very persistent about it. Doc is almost as bad about "Are you SURE you don't want to romance this guy?" Even Torian ended in "[flirt]" or "Screw off, you idiot loser."

Some of the men take rejection gracefully, but Corso's gives me Nice Guy creeps. Going to dump him off without hesitation in the expansion if I can.

If Doc's ego had a currency to measure, the Republic would already have an umpteen trillion credit chip in circulation.

Two of my companions use Corso as a tank (gunslingers both), so if there is a tank replacement who's similarly LS, I'll most likely use them. And DEFINITELY bye-bye Doc if there is a replacement healer among the new companions...

Yep. I think her reactions are all to do with the fact that it's her sister than anything else.

The option 3 thing... I need to look at the wheel more closely, but I'm sure 'good' options have been 3.

Ah, I see, I was wrong then, though the turn of phrase is undoubtedly a Vettism, I couldn't believe she'd use it homophobically, and it turns out she doesn't, which is good, the basis for her objection is far more sound when a warrior or either sex appears to be on the pull.

Edited by sentientomega

I may be mistaken, but you should be careful with your....intended romances. Not all flirts have to have a [flirt] before them...sometimes it's enough to just be nice to them. Or they might have fixed/I remember incorrectly ofcourse...

As for Doc...I actually like interaction with him, because if we choose to we can be a hilarious jerks in return to his unduly ego...

Finished Corso's affection arc on my lady smuggler this morning, and thankfully there aren't any flirt prompts in the last couple of conversations.

Seriously, though, he feels like a Nice Guy who writes on the Star Wars version of reddit about how he's such a nice guy and a red pill and that ice cold queen bee refuses to see him for the great guy that he is the worthess whore and what could she possibly see in Lemda Avesta or Lana Beniko when the perfect guy is already on her ship and waiting for her.

Edited by Cythereal

Did he really comment on Lemda and Lana about how inferior they were next to him?

Now it's difficult to know who is worse, Corso or Doc.

No, that was an exaggeration. The only times Corso has left the ship after I got Bowdaar were when I went to Tatooine and Balmorra for his personal quests, and hops on Yavin 4 and the fleet to give him presents.

I'm just saying Corso feels like the kind of guy who posts a huge manifesto on the Star Wars equivalent of reddit or 4chan about how the most perfect woman in the galaxy keeps ignoring the most perfect guy for her.

Edited by Cythereal

No, that was an exaggeration. The only times Corso has left the ship after I got Bowdaar were when I went to Tatooine and Balmorra for his personal quests, and hops on Yavin 4 and the fleet to give him presents.

I'm just saying Corso feels like the kind of guy who posts a huge manifesto on the Star Wars equivalent of reddit or 4chan about how the most perfect woman in the galaxy keeps ignoring the most perfect guy for her.

With plenty of lyrics quoting, from the Ord Mantell version of Simple Plan. Until Akaavi smacks him with a book, during one of his "nice guy" rants.

"Listen, little one, I grow weary of your crying. Read this tome."

"... She's Just Not That Into You?"

"To be sure you get the point, read it twice - or I shall remove part of your spine."

Really disappointed with this, if it is good enough to include it, is there an option in preferences to exclude it? I know people are entitled to their own beliefs, I'm not trolling or looking for an argument, all I want is the ability to disable something I don't agree with.

Regards

Really disappointed with this, if it is good enough to include it, is there an option in preferences to exclude it? I know people are entitled to their own beliefs, I'm not trolling or looking for an argument, all I want is the ability to disable something I don't agree with.

Regards

I am not understanding whether you mean turn off SGRA or romances in general....

....but whichever the case is the answer is the same: If there was a choice to turn off the romances it would have been fair enough to turn off SGRA too...but as there is not - your choice is to just not click the option:)

Edited by Saelinne

Regards

Yes, you are trolling, and Bioware has already stated at length that there will never be such an option. You have the choice to not click the dialogue options labeled [Flirt].

I am not understanding whether you mean turn off SGRA or romances as in general....

....but whichever the case is the answer is the same: If there was a choice to turn off the romances it would have been fair enough to turn off SGRA too...but as there is no - your choice is to just not click the option:)

Why not have both options? The ability to turn off SGRA or all? People have different beliefs/values, if you don't want to offend why not give players the option to turn off these features and play the game with respect for that? Personally I think getting immersed into the storyline is difficult when every once in a while you get the option to SGRA flirt. Again, and I don't think I can state this enough, not trolling, just want to play the kind of star wars I grew up with.

Why not have both options? The ability to turn off SGRA or all? People have different beliefs/values, if you don't want to offend why not give players the option to turn off these features and play the game with respect for that? Personally I think getting immersed into the storyline is difficult when every once in a while you get the option to SGRA flirt. Again, and I don't think I can state this enough, not trolling, just want to play the kind of star wars I grew up with.

I'm going to quote SithKoriandr's signature, which is in turn quoting the eminently quotable Stephen Fry:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so **** ing what." - Stephen Fry

Now stop talking before you start to look obviously homophobic.

You certainly can, just don't click the clearly labeled [Flirt] prompt. This is a game where you can torture innocents, rape women, slaughter thousands of civilians, and sell people into slavery.

If homosexuality is what pushes the game over the line into unacceptable territory for you, then perhaps this game is not for you. Bioware has already addressed your suggestion at length in previous threads and has firmly stated that they will never add such a feature.

I'm going to quote SithKoriandr's signature, which is in turn quoting the eminently quotable Stephen Fry:

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so **** ing what." - Stephen Fry

Now stop talking before you start to look obviously homophobic.

Ironic that it's the people who support this, that are the ones firing insults first.

Ironic that it's the people who support this, that are the ones firing insults first.

You're walking into a hornets nest that's already seen your argument, debated it at length, and seen Bioware say "No, a toggle to turn off same-sex romance is discrimination and we will not do it."

I'm sure you'll manage to survive the whole four or five NPCs in the entire game who you can flirt with as the same sex.

Go back to hiding under a bridge and menacing passing billy goats.

Edited by Cythereal

The problem with this is: where should they stop? Why should they stop at whether there are any shown [flirt] options....why not exclude the DS options? But what if some DS options are good to have? Do we got to fill a survey before we make a character what we consider ''ok'' and what not? (Some DS choices are you killing...but the LS don't bother with repercussions - usually torture - so some LS chars can take the hit and go DS for once). Or why not having an option to turn off the dialogue choices all together since some(good portion of?) of the community don't care about it? Or the cutscenes?

...so no - let's not introduce any romance toggles (not to mention they already said that this is not happening), especially since the ability to not flirt if you don't want to is already in the game - you have the choice to simply not press the (clearly labelled) button that leads to them.

But unlike us with the hetero romances, you won't have any Doc or Corso(?) that flirt with you before prompt from you:)

(well I assume you won't:) )

Edited by Saelinne

I told you that you weren't allowed to be "offended" by SGR, because it's a copout euphemism for homophobia and you know it.

And then I told you to stop talking before you make yourself look worse.

At no point did I insult you.

Trust me, I wanted to.

Personally I think getting immersed into the storyline is difficult when every once in a while you get the option to SGRA flirt.

You are, of course, free to hold your own opinion, but I'm very confused by this statement. How do same-gender flirts break your immersion? Do you believe that gay people don't exist in the Star Wars galaxy?

Because Bioware has stated firmly many times they will never have the option, that's A. B is that anyone who tries to advertise or vouch for it is violating the TOS and is subject to being banned.

Your arguments were made, and Bioware gave their decision. So I suggest you just not click the option.

You are, of course, free to hold your own opinion, but I'm very confused by this statement. How do same-gender flirts break your immersion? Do you believe that gay people don't exist in the Star Wars galaxy?

It doesn't, truth be told. And as of a new Star Wars novel, gay people officially are. The statement is just their way of masking their homophobia.

I'm sorry, but your entire suggestion was an insult. It's insulting to imply that you are so offended by the mere acknowledgement out or existence that you feel it necessary to have a toggle that lets you prevent the game from doing so.

And so far as I've seen, no one has insulted you. Calling you out on homophobic behavior isn't an insult, any more than pointing out that you're being a rude little troll.

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. That does not mean that anyone is required to respect that opinion, nor or they required to respect anyone who holds it. They are in fact, entitled to the opinion that anyone who holds the opinion you do is a small minded little homophobe who's asking Bioware to support their bigotry.

It doesn't, truth be told. And as of a new Star Wars novel, gay people officially are.

They've been around in Star Wars a lot longer than that, actually. The first gay characters in Star Wars were a couple of happily married Mandalorian men in one of the old books, then Juhani and Belaya in Knights of the Old Republic. :)

They've been around in Star Wars a lot longer than that, actually. The first gay characters in Star Wars were a couple of happily married Mandalorian men in one of the old books, then Juhani and Belaya in Knights of the Old Republic. :)

I think what Vadess means is that those two relationships were never actually canon. But Disney straight up said that all post-takeover works - whatever media they may be - are canon. So good old Moff Mors makes homosexuality canon within Star Wars.

Speaking of which, I was making fun of Theron Shan in a comprehensive reckoning of a really well done epic in the Fan Fiction section, and I was listening to "Secret Agent Man" by Johnny Rivers for the lyrics. And I got to thinking about my own Agent (who I haven't played in months after she hit 50). I don't consider her gay or bisexual, really, but I got to thinking about the nature of Intelligence, and I remembered a line from an old Star Trek: Voyager novel (the Dark Matter trilogy) about a character thinking to herself about using her body as a tool (she's a member of a KGB-style secret police). Of course any Imperial Intelligence - or SIS for that matter - field agent would have to have the same sort of commitment to the job. And I thought... that could involve sleeping with someone even if they weren't your preferred gender (and we all know how many people even Female Agents/Smugglers can sleep with).

TL;DR - They're revamping in some way the 1-60 questing experience. Wouldn't it be nice if they added in SGR stuff, even if companions are otherwise untouched?

Edited by Diviciacus