Same gender romance discussion

CommunitySupport

! (Yes, that is some dude-man, but whatevs. The real Commander Shepard is too busy saving the universe to feature in this video.)

Apparently they're making Mass Effect 3. I have a fantasy that it will be a cynical British hero this time called Moore, after Sir Patrick Moore, the Astronomer. Sort of either a lovable wise-cracking rogue or a cynical extreme pragmatist.

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently they're making Mass Effect 3. I have a fantasy that it will be a cynical British hero this time called Moore, after Sir Patrick Moore, the Astronomer. Sort of either a lovable wise-cracking rogue or a cynical extreme pragmatist.

Ooooh, will she be a scientist? An astrophysicist? An astro-biologist?!

I don't even know why I'm asking, the only single-player games I play are on the 3DS.

I just really like Pokemon.

And I wanna romance Vector ._.

Ooooh, will she be a scientist? An astrophysicist? An astro-biologist?!

I don't even know why I'm asking, the only single-player games I play are on the 3DS.

I just really like Pokemon.

And I wanna romance Vector ._.

I think he/she'll still be part of the military, but I guess you can choose a background in science or something like that.

Personally I'd prefer a tactician or something.

They could get Bertie to voice the male one! Well, he's the reason I play Agent... I find the male agent voice incredibly sexy.

More fallacies.... :rolleyes:

All the latest science points that it is a genetic disorder, therefore, it is a disease

Why are you so against homosexuality being cured? Do you not want parents to fix their unborn child's sexual orientation? Why don't you want them to have that choice?

Sure, it's a genetic defect. But do you know what else was? HAVING LUNGS!

All the latest science points that it is a genetic disorder, therefore, it is a disease
This is getting comical at this point, do yourself a favour and stop wasting time playing games and posting on video game forums and go back to school, you lack basic education.

Why are you so against homosexuality being cured? Do you not want parents to fix their unborn child's sexual orientation? Why don't you want them to have that choice?
'Cause it ain't right for parents to try and design their babies in any fashion they feel like when there is nothing wrong with the babies :confused: Why do you care so much for having homosexuality changed? :confused:

You can't stop with the fallacies can you, bud? Please show me the science that shows it isn't a genetic disorder. Are you implying its a choice?

You are looking pretty silly, friend :)

You can't stop making stuff up can you? Science world still has not figured out completly the mechanics of not just homosexuality, but sex/attraction/love in general among many other aspects including such seemingly-sinple thing as left/right handeness. Studies show genes, birth order and gender of siblings taking part in sexual orientation, not one single aspect but a complex mechanism. Studies also show lack of any choice in regards to one's sexual orientation and lack of any result in various attempts to change it (from one to another or vice versa). Homosexuality does not endanger the organism in any way and therefore is not a disease or disorder, it is just a variation. Like left-handeness. Simple logic would tell you that but its rather obvious you were busy playing video games too much to get a handle in that area.

And I'm not your friend :)

Edited by Pietrastor

Ignore's there for a reason, folks.

On the subject of companions, I could see them make it work for any of them with decent enough writing. That said, I also don't have much faith in Bioware to actually deliver decent writing in that regard. Most of their romance stories tend to be a little cringeworthy at best, and, well, Corso at worst.

Ignore's there for a reason, folks.

On the subject of companions, I could see them make it work for any of them with decent enough writing. That said, I also don't have much faith in Bioware to actually deliver decent writing in that regard. Most of their romance stories tend to be a little cringeworthy at best, and, well, Corso at worst.

Yes ignore everyone who disagrees with you, great way to give your campaign credibility :)

I'm not asking for Anna Karenina here, having the same as the OGRAs would be fine, but they can't even manage that.

Perhaps I should offer my services as a writer? Can't be any worse than who they've got now.

I'm not asking for Anna Karenina here, having the same as the OGRAs would be fine, but they can't even manage that.

Perhaps I should offer my services as a writer? Can't be any worse than who they've got now.

Not a bad plan.... Ad for different companions... Well, Torian for male BH would work as already have a married gay Mandalorian couple in the Legends canon. That's all I know. Anyone have a link for messaging Eric Musco?

Nevermind, tracked Eric down, and may have just sent him the lengthiest PM he ever encountered. It was respectful, polite and hopefully expressed enough of my feelings and represented the majority of people in this forum thread. Hopefully, though, they'll get the message if not before or SHORTLY after 3.0 launches that SWTOR is ultimately here to please the gamers, not designers and what-not, but the gamers. If we ain't pleased with it and having fun then SWTOR isn't fulfilling its mandate as a video game.

Nevermind, tracked Eric down, and may have just sent him the lengthiest PM he ever encountered. It was respectful, polite and hopefully expressed enough of my feelings and represented the majority of people in this forum thread. Hopefully, though, they'll get the message if not before or SHORTLY after 3.0 launches that SWTOR is ultimately here to please the gamers, not designers and what-not, but the gamers. If we ain't pleased with it and having fun then SWTOR isn't fulfilling its mandate as a video game.

If it doesn't have significant and well-respected (not by players, I mean, but that the writers and developers treat it as an equal to OGR stuff, rather than a last minute addition, or a joke) SGRA content, then this can only vaguely be called a "Bioware" game. Hall Hood and Charles Boyd aren't Bioware writers.

imo

If it doesn't have significant and well-respected (not by players, I mean, but that the writers and developers treat it as an equal to OGR stuff, rather than a last minute addition, or a joke) SGRA content, then this can only vaguely be called a "Bioware" game. Hall Hood and Charles Boyd aren't Bioware writers.

imo

No arguments from me in that regard. It makes me wonder why no one higher up in Bioware is reigning this in. Anyway to contact like the really big boss in the company? Or does if have to be through the community managers?

No arguments from me in that regard. It makes me wonder why no one higher up in Bioware is reigning this in. Anyway to contact like the really big boss in the company? Or does if have to be through the community managers?

Last I heard, Bruce Maclean was in charge of Austin, and the other Biowares (the real ones) are related in name and parentage only - they don't communicate with each other. So, you'd have to try to contact Bruce Maclean, or someone in EA who's involved with Austin.

Greetings all!

Please keep in mind that hate speech, depending upon severity, will almost always earn a ban. Inflammatory posts that include hate speech towards others due to their race, religion, or sexual orientation or any other basis will not be tolerated.

As always, try to keep posts respectful, and on-topic. If you come across posts that you think violate our Rules of Conduct please flag it for moderation.

Greetings all!

Please keep in mind that hate speech, depending upon severity, will almost always earn a ban. Inflammatory posts that include hate speech towards others due to their race, religion, or sexual orientation or any other basis will not be tolerated.

As always, try to keep posts respectful, and on-topic. If you come across posts that you think violate our Rules of Conduct please flag it for moderation.

Thank you for the reminder, and stepping in. We greatly appreciate it.

Last I heard, Bruce Maclean was in charge of Austin, and the other Biowares (the real ones) are related in name and parentage only - they don't communicate with each other. So, you'd have to try to contact Bruce Maclean, or someone in EA who's involved with Austin.

Hmmmmm... Well, if need be I'd say contact them. And I'll attach links to the forums I've been following with regards to this issue. IE this forum, SGR companions, Lord Cytharat as a companion, and Theron/Lana as companions thread. That's plenty of threads to say it is very much a wanted thing.

Also can contact from Austin Jeff Hickman, Studio GM – BioWare Austin. He is the general manager there now, so could put in a good word. See http://www.bioware.com/en/studios/bioware-austin/#director. Though this makes me sad... as it's Austin's Bioware that isn't including SGR... Perhaps we should talk them into moving SWTOR under the Edmonton or Montreal team? Canada in this regard is a bit more open, from what I'm seeing in the news, than the US.

Also, can email here- contact@bioware.com

Edited by vadess
Editing with updated information

Greetings all!

Yes, thank you very much! :t_cool:

The would LOVE to do something in regards of this thread subject and as a matter of fact, it's on the wall of crazy, that should count for something!

I knew I'd end up on the wall of crazy one way or another!!! It's in my blood.

Your body on the wall of crazy, your blood on the altar of skulls...whatever it takes to get some man on man in this game

EXACTLY! My sniper needs love from vector, Cytharat, Theron!

Edited by vadess

EXACTLY! My sniper needs love from vector, Cytharat, Theron!

Well, temperature-wise I'd say Cytharat was the sauna-type "meeting", they don't last long usually...Theron, yeah, there is still hope here if for the sake of a nice surprise they lied when said we're not getting more than a few [flirt]'s in 3.0...apart from that, I'd say I mainly count on Mass Effect mmo to have all of that, presuming ME universe will ever receive its mmo expansion...