Skipping

kijthae

Sorry for interfering, but Hyfy is right here. In this post:

you say that he's trying to control how others play the game, but at the very same time you try to control how he should play by telling him to form a group and go do story mode.

I said form a group and tell them that he wishes to kill all the bosses, hard mode or story mode. Or just do story mode where it is typical for the group to kill all the bosses. I never told him he had to do it, I gave him possible solutions to his rage post. If he doesn't want to do it, then don't I couldn't care less. Sorry for trying to help the guy with a possible solution so he could do the content he want without getting angry all the time.

This topic isn't anything new. The two possible solutions I gave are standard replies given by the majority of the player base. Most people in the group finder queue for hard mode to rush for the BH comms, some rush like crazy, so when a person tries to do a full run it's typically drama. Which is why it's a benefit to the player to form their own group so they don't have to go through that annoyance.

Once again please learn to read.

Edited by Brimmer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For HM flashpoints, I always ask up front what people prefer - boss fights or skipping where possible. Other than the first boss of Taral V (the beastmaster, who's more trouble than he's worth - especially if you have a dodgy tank in the group), it really doesn't matter to me either way. Trash mobs always get skipped where possible, since usually all you'll get from them is Legacy XP. However, I have seen Exotech gear as zone drops (same tier as Columi) as early as HM Esseles, so people desperate for gear might benefit from a full clear. But you could also argue that your time is better spent getting your comms quickly and moving on to something else.

What drives me nuts more than skipping are the "SPACEBAR PLEASE!!!!!" morons in SM flashpoints. In storymode, when people are obviously watching the cutscenes, shouldn't you just assume that at least one member of the group hasn't done that flashpoint yet? I also got cursed out by some dude in HM Esseles for not killing the engineering team. Really? You expect me to ruin my lightside V to save you 3-4 minutes?

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.

I don't know why, but I am amazed at the people who want to claim that others are trying to control how they play even as they try to control how those same people play.

Most of the group finder groups I've been in have not wanted to skip everything. It usually seems to be one dbag in the group who demands that the group skip or use an exploit.

I don't care if people want to do all or just one of the bosses it doesn't matter to me, but having somebody come on the forums trying to dictate how others play the game is childish. It's setup to allow both parties to do as they see fit, why change a great system?

But it's ok for you to tell others how to play? How do you not see the problem with that?

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.

So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Look if you pug with other players each of them is going to have demands and wants to play the game how he/she likes it. So if you want to see everything and you group up with strangers because you don't have a guild and you take your time but want everthing done your way, you just run out of luck. Get over it the world isn't waiting for you. Get a life? Get some friends ingame. :confused:

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. I dont care if you have done it houndreds of times then you should get a life.

So make skipping bannable. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as much as boss count except the first boss , giving boss addtional damage , damage reduction and health. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [ skippersgetalife] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [ skippersgetalife] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

They need to delete your post. This is a waste of forum space and time. This must be your first MMO.

But it's ok for you to tell others how to play? How do you not see the problem with that?

Please do expand on this, seeing as I never told him how to play the game it would be interesting to see what you try to create.

I clearly told him optional ways to bypass his troubles. Never once did I demand he change his play style. So nice try, but you failed.

The biggest problem is this topic is brought up so very often, and it always has the same reply over all.

Form your own group and run it how you see fit or do story mode where killing everything is expected. That's the general tone of replies. After all if you go with group finder majority vote wins, be that kill everything or skip. Which in most cases (people on the forums and my own personal experience) seems to be grouped with people that want to rush like crazy. I'm fine with either but what ever. Some people are impatient.

Edited by Brimmer

I can't really take you seriously with you having troll within your name. :p

This name has a long history from other MMO's and has nothing to do with forum trolls. In fact, it was created long before the mass "trolls everywhere!" obsession occurred.

Edited by Trollokdamus

From this post it is clear you are playing as dps. from that fact alone you have no control over anything. If you want to fight every boss roll a tank. My main is a tank and i decide what bosses to skip or not. I tend to ask if anyone needs the other bosses. Maybe thats just me. But if i inspect the players and everyone is already geared and doing this for black hole comms i will not ask and skip as many as possible. I do not have all day to watch story mode cut sceens or do every boss on every flashpoint. The time for those vs the reward is not equal.

One last point the items/gear dropped below the final boss are the same as the FREE gear you are given by the welcome to flashpoints mission. If any one from my groups pulls bosses without us wanting to do them, we let them die and then boot them from group as well as add them to ignore so we never do flashpoints with them again.

Tanks like you generally find themselves looking for a new group after the first boss they skip, unless the group decides to skip them. I'd rather wait for a new tank, than to cater to that kind of "i'm the tank, so it's my way or the highway" attitude.

OP, you're full of it.

Just because you can only play 6 hours a week, everybody else should play your way? Do you have any idea how arrogant that is?

What you should do is find a casual guild and find people who are like minded.

There is no way that you can expect other people to cater to your wishes. Again, how arrogant can a person be?

Do not use the Group Finder but use chat to find people that want to do the full story. Honestly, after doing a FP a couple of times I start skipping. They've made good stories but at some point you know them. You can't blame other people for having more time to play than you.

This name has a long history from other MMO's and has nothing to do with forum trolls. In fact, it was created long before the mass "trolls everywhere!" obsession occurred.

As this is a different mmorpg your name implies troll, to those without prior knowledge of which ever game you speak of. Noted though.

Please do expand on this, seeing as I never told him how to play the game it would be interesting to see what you try to create.

I clearly told him optional ways to bypass his troubles. Never once did I demand he change his play style. So nice try, but you failed.

Allow me to elaborate. Your post:

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game. Form your own groups and say you're doing all the bosses, or do story mode. Majority of group finder related groups will skip. It's just normal actions.

The relevant part is highlighted. You clearly issued a command and not a suggestion. A suggestion would have been "You could always form your own groups or do story mode", but that's not what you said. The way you wrote it, it was a command telling the OP how to play. Maybe that is not what you meant to do, but it IS what you did.

All of those flashpoints you can do on your own in story mode up to red reaper if you aren't geared.

The rest you can duo with a like minded friend.

Be smart. Think smart. Act smart.

This.

I, too, prefer to play Flashpoints as intended: defeating all the mini-bosses, listening to all the dialogue, etc., but when I group up with strangers for Hard Mode I understand that we're all trying to get our commendations and such as smoothly as possible.

I still haven't played all Flashpoints, though, so if I happen to get one I don't recognize with the group finder, I'll just read the dialogue as quickly as possible and then spacebar to let me get what the story is about without having to slow down the group more than necessary.

Edited by JediMB

Allow me to elaborate. Your post:

The relevant part is highlighted. You clearly issued a command and not a suggestion. A suggestion would have been "You could always form your own groups or do story mode", but that's not what you said. The way you wrote it, it was a command telling the OP how to play. Maybe that is not what you meant to do, but it IS what you did.

Clearly I never stated he had to do it, so you're making assumptions. Sorry but i'm not responsible for your thought process.

Like I said before this topic has been started a billion (feels like it at least) times, do a quick forum search and you'll see. It's a similar rage post with a similar solution as the one I gave every single time.

Edited by Brimmer

I have no problem doing the bosses if others really want to do them. Which I have in the past when people ask.

However I do say yes to skipping all the trash and spacebar the cut scenes. If you want to see the story, well then do it on story mode.

this is a good idea, ask to do all / most of the bosses but agree to SB through story and skip as much trash as possible. I'm sure most players would be willing to go this route.

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game.Form your own groups and say you are skipping all the bosses or packs.Majority of group finder will enjoy the game up to its last pixel wont rush to the end and wont turn it into a grind.Its just grinding actions.

Edited by kijthae

All of those flashpoints you can do on your own in story mode up to red reaper if you aren't geared.

The rest you can duo with a like minded friend.

Be smart. Think smart. Act smart.

This is a MMO , I dont pay to play alone.

Edited by kijthae

Oh look another person trying to control how others play the game.Form your own groups and say you are skipping all the bosses or packs.Majority of group finder will enjoy the game up to its last pixel wont rush to the end and wont turn it into a grind.Its just grind

Something tells me you don't use the group finder often, though I wish Jedi Covenant was like that. We got TONS of rushers. That rage if you don't spacebar. I couldn't care either way, but it nice to listen to the chats from time to time. I do multiple pug groups a day, they all want to skip. And the general tone of the flashpoint forum area feels the same way as posts go.

Seems like you reply to threads without reading all the replies. A shame, another person making assumptions. Oh well.

Edited by Brimmer

Clearly I never stated he had to do it, so you're making assumptions. Sorry but i'm not responsible for your thought process.

[/b]

There is no assumption on my part. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of the English language should understand that what you wrote is a command. A command, by its very nature, is not a suggestion, it is telling someone they have to do something. The OP does not have to obey your command, but you wrote it as a command. You can try to deny it all you want, but that does not change the facts.

People who complain about not skipping, shortcuts and spacebar, in normal flashpoints are idiots.

People who complain about skipping, shortcuts and spacebar, in hardmode flashpoints are idiots.

They're two sides of the same coin.

Common sense tells us that normal flashpoints are for story, leveling, and getting a feel for the game mechanics, all of which require NOT skipping. This isn't to say you HAVE to do everything, but if someone wants to, this is the place to do it, and the people who WANT to skip are the ones who should have to make the case for doing so.

Common sense also tells us that hardmode flashpoints are for the rewards, which means getting through them QUICKLY. That is the default, so those who DON'T want to skip are the ones who have to make the case for not skipping something to the group.

Tanks like you generally find themselves looking for a new group after the first boss they skip, unless the group decides to skip them. I'd rather wait for a new tank, than to cater to that kind of "i'm the tank, so it's my way or the highway" attitude.

so yea you proved your a selfish dps player with this response so here read this again cause this is for people just like you. And in the year i have been tanking on this game not one group has dropped for skipping trash or sub bosses ever. If you want to be in charge roll a tank, its not a easy job. if not your just a selfish troll.

One last point the items/gear dropped below the final boss are the same as the FREE gear you are given by the welcome to flashpoints mission. If any one from my groups pulls bosses without us wanting to do them, we let them die and then boot them from group as well as add them to ignore so we never do flashpoints with them again.

Edited by Irawratih

so yea you proved your a selfish dps player with this response so here read this again cause this is for people just like you. And in the year i have been tanking on this game not one group has dropped for skipping trash or sub bosses ever. If you want to be in charge roll a tank, its not a easy job. if not your just a selfish troll.

I have a tank, 2 healers and a DPS on each faction, thank you. No matter what role I'm filling, I bow to the wishes of the group, be that to skip or to kill everything. The tank is NOT in charge, although some seem to feel they are. The DPS is not in charge, nor the healer. The wishes of the majority of the group determine the flavor of the tun. If you feel that your desire to skip as much as possible is more important than the rest of the group's wishes, then feel free to drop and queue again in the hopes that you get a group more to your liking.

The items dropped are below what a player gets free now, true. This was not always the case. In addition, I'm sure there are some out there who could use the gear for their companions. Don't say run story mode for companion gear. The gear dropped in story mode is inferior to that dropped in HM.

People who complain about not skipping, shortcuts and spacebar, in normal flashpoints are idiots.

People who complain about skipping, shortcuts and spacebar, in hardmode flashpoints are idiots.

They're two sides of the same coin.

Common sense tells us that normal flashpoints are for story, leveling, and getting a feel for the game mechanics, all of which require NOT skipping. This isn't to say you HAVE to do everything, but if someone wants to, this is the place to do it, and the people who WANT to skip are the ones who should have to make the case for doing so.

Common sense also tells us that hardmode flashpoints are for the rewards, which means getting through them QUICKLY. That is the default, so those who DON'T want to skip are the ones who have to make the case for not skipping something to the group.

That may be your default, but it is not everyone's default. Some still like to do the whole instance, for whatever reason. The wishes of the majority of the group should be the determining factor.