Skipping

kijthae

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. if you have done it houndreds of times then you should play less not turn it to a grind , enjoy more . One of the best side of this game that differs from grind mmos is its lore.

So prevent skipping BW. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as many as boss count except the first boss , giving addtional damage , damage reduction and health to each boss. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ grindersfrustration] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [grindersfrustation] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Edit: I made the post emotional friendly

I'm all up for story and not skipping any cutscenes, but honestly, if you cared about story you would have done those flashpoints while levelling. Hardmodes are done just for loot and commendations, not story.

I'm all up for story and not skipping any cutscenes, but honestly, if you cared about story you would have done those flashpoints while levelling. Hardmodes are done just for loot and commendations, not story.

there are several flashpoints that are lvl 50 only. few more that are lvl 47 to 50. as an experiment, today I tried to put my sorceress into regular flashpoint queue. I wanted some practice before hitting pug harmodes on her (I haven't had a chance to do half the max level flashpoints on any difficulty). after waiting for a while, I finally caved and queued myself for heroics. ended up getting battle of Illum and skipping 2/3 of the instance. in this case, I didn't mind because I told the group I was new and they asked me if I didn't mind a speed run. didn't demand. ask. (and they were fine with watching the cutscenes - I knew because I spacebared through first convo, and then ended up waiting for them to catch up, so I didn't feel guilty listening to the rest)

but anyways, the point I'm trying to make is that demand for people to have seen everything is not entirely reasonable. and some people like to rewatch all the stuff and do completionist runs, because they enjoy it and there's nothing wrong with it.

flashpoint finder is like a box of chocolates. you never know what you're going to get. so its nice for EVERYONE to try and find a compromise every once in a while.

I dont play this game all day. I play 2 hours , 3 days in a week. I have just hit to 50 but in flashpoints im forced to skip bosses , packs and story. if you have done it houndreds of times then you should play less not turn it to a grind , enjoy more . One of the best side of this game that differs from grind mmos is its lore.

So prevent skipping BW. Put a buff to each boss , stacking as many as boss count except the first boss , giving addtional damage , damage reduction and health to each boss. If you kill a prior boss make the buff removed. Imagine an flash point with 5 boss.

first boss >>>>> No Buff , when killed buff on the second boss is removed

second boss >>>>> 2x [ grindersfrustration] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

third boss >>>>>>> 4x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

fourth boss >>>>>>> 8x [grindersfrustation] buff , when killed buff on the next boss is removed

last boss >>>>>>> 16x [grindersfrustation] buff

Same can be applied to the packs .

Edit: I made the post emotional friendly

Isnt going to happen anyway

I see people suggesting that players who want to kill all the bosses should be doing story mode. There is a flaw to this line of thinking:

Player hits level 50, they are given a enough tokens -1 to buy a complete Tionese set and weapons, plus they are given an introduction to Group Finder quest that requires they complete a Group Finder Flash Point.

They are directed to HM FPs because that is where the next set up upgrade gear is. While I realize you can also get it from a SM Ops, that might be intimidating for new players. Wanting to run the entire instance for upgrades and tokens for upgrades isn't unreasonable.

That all said players should try communicating their needs at the beginning and be willing to help each other meet those needs.

I see people suggesting that players who want to kill all the bosses should be doing story mode. There is a flaw to this line of thinking:

Player hits level 50, they are given a enough tokens -1 to buy a complete Tionese set and weapons, plus they are given an introduction to Group Finder quest that requires they complete a Group Finder Flash Point.

They are directed to HM FPs because that is where the next set up upgrade gear is. While I realize you can also get it from a SM Ops, that might be intimidating for new players. Wanting to run the entire instance for upgrades and tokens for upgrades isn't unreasonable.

That all said players should try communicating their needs at the beginning and be willing to help each other meet those needs.

Getting a free set of Tionese is all the more reason to skip mini bosses bc thats what they drop, Tionese. If they want to see the story and kill bosses you run story mode for story.

As I said from my first post all he has to do is form his own group then he gets to pick what the group does, without the drama of the group finder. If you need a more detailed info on the process it's like so:

1.) enter this text into the chat: /1 LFM for full run of False Emperor HMFP (or what ever you want to do)

2.) wait till you have 3/4 or 4/4 of the group filled (majority vote this way)

3.) queue for the flashpoint in the group finder (able to complete the intro mission)

4.) profit

Getting a free set of Tionese is all the more reason to skip mini bosses bc thats what they drop, Tionese. If they want to see the story and kill bosses you run story mode for story.

Maybe they want to fight a harder version of the other bosses too, or want the tionese gear for companions.

Edited by Brimmer

Communication seems to be a big problem for most people. Had a guy in BoI die three times in the exhaustion zone before he finally decided to say "lol i'm first time here, where do i go". Had he said that in the beginning of the FP, we wouldn't have wasted time and nerves on his festivities.

The game's story and all that are pretty cool. But if you've been through them once or twice and or you are pressed for time then you want to minimize your time in the FP just to get it done. I myself play every day for a few hours and love it. My recommendation is for you to find some like-minded people in game. On an RP server perhaps or at least a guild that is VERY laid back and likes to run FPs in the manner you're describing. Best of luck!

If I'm forced to waste time in HM, I'll quit doing HM. Killing anything other then 2nd and last boss is waste of time. They are only ones that drop Col.

Maybe OP shouldn't try and force people to play his way. He should learn to play as a group. Before I even go to the HM. I clear state I'm skipping everything I can. If you have a problem with this I'll find a new group. Everyone agrees I head there and we start.

My agressive adressing killed this topic.

Everyone forgets the MAIN REASON TO PLAY IS TO HAVE FUN , they turn their playstyle into a virtual item hunting where you can have no use in real life. However spending your hours in front of your computer enjoying ,relaxing and having fun have a use in real life.I have no right to judge people's choices but it sounds bad to me.

What everyone seems to forget is...TO EACH HIS OWN.

If I'm forced to waste time in HM, I'll quit doing HM. Killing anything other then 2nd and last boss is waste of time. They are only ones that drop Col.

Maybe OP shouldn't try and force people to play his way. He should learn to play as a group. Before I even go to the HM. I clear state I'm skipping everything I can. If you have a problem with this I'll find a new group. Everyone agrees I head there and we start.

BioWare should simply throw in an additional little toggle already in the groupfinder:

- Full Run (includes allowing people to view story, expected to complete all content, etc).

- Speed Run (skipping on story, skipping trash packs where possible, etc).

This way it's clear from the start in what sort of group you'll end up.