Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

I didn't say I was fully min/maxed, I said I was almost min/maxed.

Well anyways, if it is a big difference, I should see it in the next few days when I finish min/maxing a wh set.

Edited by Zorash

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you biochem? That adds about 36 tech power with the cunning stim, which is always helpful.

And depends on what you favor. Hallow seems to prefer higher crit. I've been running with lower crit (30%) and 1006 tech, and amazing doing better than running with 987 tech and 34% crit as to how I was prior. Find out what works works best for you personally.

Personally I made the operative class to heal. I am level 20 and so far am going 100k + more in PvP zones. I am eager to say that concealment if I remember correctly (the middle tree :rak_02:) Is very good. I kind of mixed match I think I'm going to try going far enough in the healing tree to get kolto probe then going up as far as I can the middle tree. I need advice though. Should I stay healing spec and go all the way up to heal ops and PvP zones or go damage? Please reply.

Personally I made the operative class to heal. I am level 20 and so far am going 100k + more in PvP zones. I am eager to say that concealment if I remember correctly (the middle tree :rak_02:) Is very good. I kind of mixed match I think I'm going to try going far enough in the healing tree to get kolto probe then going up as far as I can the middle tree. I need advice though. Should I stay healing spec and go all the way up to heal ops and PvP zones or go damage? Please reply.

your choice. whatever you have most fun doing.

Are you biochem? That adds about 36 tech power with the cunning stim, which is always helpful.

And depends on what you favor. Hallow seems to prefer higher crit. I've been running with lower crit (30%) and 1006 tech, and amazing doing better than running with 987 tech and 34% crit as to how I was prior. Find out what works works best for you personally.

I am not biochem yet, I am working on it.

Unfortunately, I am using the WH earrings/implants with crit/surge, so with those 3 crit pieces I think it puts me at 34%ish crit, I am not in game, so I can't check. I will look at the other WH earrings, but I have a feeling they were accuracy/power. I would think crit/surge earrings/implants are preferred over accuracy/power.

Nah, they all use power/alacrity.

I actually have my operative geared with the WH implants/ear piece since my scoundrel is my main. My surge is lower, around 77%, but that's fine. I have her at 985 tech with 30% crit and now hitting like a truck. 2 weeks ago I hadn't played her or geared her so she was at 937 tech, which felt like I was fighting naked.

It's amazing how gear dependent the class is. I guess all deterrents to keep less people playing the class. Depends on the server though. On JC we have like 10-15 ppl that still play scrapper/concealment, some of which don't even play often so you dot see it a lot. When I play my alts on POT5 I see conceals all the time.

FInished makeb this afternoon. will finish leveling by pvp. so far... it looks really good. 7,6k hit on a slinger and a 6k backstab.

The roll is nice. think they fixed the bounce roll, either that or I am doing it wrong. But I tend to over use it and get energy depleted.

so it seems 200 alacrity seems to be the sweet spot for energy regen for me. I'll know more after I get better implants. but earpiece and gun got tonight and mods and enhancements are finished I believe. armorings and knife left with 2 implants.

so it seems 200 alacrity seems to be the sweet spot for energy regen for me. I'll know more after I get better implants. but earpiece and gun got tonight and mods and enhancements are finished I believe. armorings and knife left with 2 implants.

4 peices of alacrity and 6 of surge, yep. what pvp peices did you buy first?

so... neat things with the roll. In huttball you can cross the gaps from the bridge to the center floor, and be the first one to the huttball in 4 rolls. Crossing the acid pit is super fun with the roll. Crossing the fire while stealthed with the roll, generally won't break stealth, or take dmg. Test it out for yourselves.

Roll on brothers.

So working on rotations in pvp and changing a few things

If you Ab>HS> Shiv>Deb>probe> Backstab, you will be way way out of energy specially with our rolls.

If you use your stim boost rolling around you can minimize the impact of the roll over long distances.

Now for the rotation.

Ab>hs> Shiv> Sever tendon> Lacerate> backstab> lacerate> lacerate> shiv> dart you can maintain high energy during fighting using lacerate to proc collateral strike you can remain viable longer and have energy left over for rolls to escape and LOS.

debillitate and probe are still best imo for when fighting out of stealth.

Edited by AngelofCain

Damn dude. I can't wait for my Op to hit 51 for Exfiltrate. That roll is definitely...too strong. Had to node guard on Novarre last night on my Deception Sin and this Scoundrel annoyed me all game. I'd take him down to about 30%, 3 rolls and some offheals later, back to annoying me. Ugh.

Happy that DPS Ops are better. And it's the most enjoyable class I've played so far. But ugh. Pain in the asses to play against. :p

I like that new rotation, Hallow. Never thought about giving up Hidden Strike before. Do you still talent for Jarring Strike?

Edited by AnusReaper

Damn dude. I can't wait for my Op to hit 51 for Exfiltrate. That roll is definitely...too strong. Had to node guard on Novarre last night on my Deception Sin and this Scoundrel annoyed me all game. I'd take him down to about 30%, 3 rolls and some offheals later, back to annoying me. Ugh.

Happy that DPS Ops are better. And it's the most enjoyable class I've played so far. But ugh. Pain in the asses to play against. :p

I like that new rotation, Hallow. Never thought about giving up Hidden Strike before. Do you still talent for Jarring Strike?

that was for out of stealth rotation. Hs is still for stealth start.

Hallow,

Great post thanks for taking the time and all others that have helped.

I am a returning player that dug on shadow/sin but was always drawn to the op/con; like you, I have friends but do like doing things (pvp) solo since I keep odd hours etc. From my rogue and healing druid days in wow I enjoy being a pain and after reading your post I think this setup could be great for my playstyle.

Sorry for the rambling the reason for my post is the orginal page post linking your build is broken (since 2.0), the mr.robot build is outdated and the other one you had listed pages later (on spy) for your run on the ptr are removed as well...would you mind linking your current build?

thanks -blister

so... later on this week or so, when I get motivated to do it and sober enough to make coherent thoughts I will add a addendum to the guide on some as my friend calls it "ninja" tactics, but I simply refer to it as blind spot manipulation, or "blind spot magic"

Just some simple things you as a operative are suitable to taking advantage more so than other players, be is stealth or visibles.

Edited by AngelofCain