Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, thank you for a great general guide on the basics i will put into action straight away of key points i hadn't heard off, the general idea of what gear to get was also a very big help! :D

you are welcome!!! I love that you realized it was a generalized guide!!! make your own style!!!

When I started this class, I wanted to fight like a marauder and stealth like a sin.

My basic rule is Everything must die.

so... I guess I will toss out this tidbit of information.

Imagine every player has a circle around them...Within that circle their abilites has deadspots if they are facing you.

a good example is when a sorc is trying to do overload on you, their ability has a 120 degree cone ability. if you are directly in front of them they will hit you, but if you are standing beside them shoulder to shoulder overload won't hit you.

when I say work the angles, that's what I mean. find the dead spots of other classes abilities, and exist within those spots. sometimes the dead spot is 1 meter outside of smash, so if you run in and knife them, then run past them not stopping you can avoid smash dmg.

just something to think about.

so... I guess I will toss out this tidbit of information.

Imagine every player has a circle around them...Within that circle their abilites has deadspots if they are facing you.

a good example is when a sorc is trying to do overload on you, their ability has a 120 degree cone ability. if you are directly in front of them they will hit you, but if you are standing beside them shoulder to shoulder overload won't hit you.

when I say work the angles, that's what I mean. find the dead spots of other classes abilities, and exist within those spots. sometimes the dead spot is 1 meter outside of smash, so if you run in and knife them, then run past them not stopping you can avoid smash dmg.

just something to think about.

Sever Tendon snare > move outside to 10m range and continue with onslaught from mid-range also works.

Hello everyone,

i have a question / problem and perhaps someone of you might be able to help me.

i will today hit lv50 and have 4000 ranked warzone and 2750 normale warzone commendations and i am not sure which gear i should buy for a concealment operative. i have red, that with 2.0 alacrity will increase my energie regenerationrate and therefor not sure, if i should buy the field medic set with alacrity or the usual concealment gear with accuracy.

it would be nice, if someones be able to help me.

thanks in advance, harry

Edited by BloodyHarry

Hello everyone,

i have a question / problem and perhaps someone of you might be able to help me.

i will today hit lv50 and have 4000 ranked warzone and 2750 normale warzone commendations and i am not sure which gear i should buy for a concealment operative. i have red, that with 2.0 alacrity will increase my energie regenerationrate and therefor not sure, if i should buy the field medic set with alacrity or the usual concealment gear with accuracy.

thanks in advance, harry

Buy nothing, wait until 2.0. Wh gear is **** compared to new stuff.

Hello everyone,

thanks in advance, harry

just min/max your gear, if you are going concealment just get the armorings. I wouldn't worry about accuracy or alacrity for the moment. Or save your coms. or buy medpacs, and adrenals with your reg coms and cap out your ranked.

Hallow, just looked at your Mr Robot and scoped out your stats.

Have you ever tried running with higher power and lower crit?

I've been doing some swapping around of mods, and even testing DF/Lethality a bit, in anticipation for 2.0. I've since increased my power and lowered crit so my stats are now 1006 tech dmg and 30% crit.

Since changing around, I've gotten my highest crit (7.1k Shoot First/Hidden Strike) and just ran a 750k Voidstar last night. I never cared to try anything different than I was doing, mostly b/c I didn't want to lose credits by removing/swapping mods. But I've actually become surprised at how much better that extra damage is with less crit.

I'm still waiting for a concealment operative to post a video of them doing well in ranked pvp against good players. We have a great many videos of operatives ganking bads and poorly geared players but not one of them in ranked games vs top teams. Probably because there still aren't spots for concealment operatives in ranked and by looking at the changes in 2.0 I can't see any teams taking concealment or lethality with them.

Good job this class is great at kill terrible players, at least it gives us the impression we're doing ok.

Hallow, just looked at your Mr Robot and scoped out your stats.

Have you ever tried running with higher power and lower crit?

I've been doing some swapping around of mods, and even testing DF/Lethality a bit, in anticipation for 2.0. I've since increased my power and lowered crit so my stats are now 1006 tech dmg and 30% crit.

Since changing around, I've gotten my highest crit (7.1k Shoot First/Hidden Strike) and just ran a 750k Voidstar last night. I never cared to try anything different than I was doing, mostly b/c I didn't want to lose credits by removing/swapping mods. But I've actually become surprised at how much better that extra damage is with less crit.

not really. interesting idea though. Probably the way to go for 2.0.

I'm still waiting for a concealment operative to post a video of them doing well in ranked pvp against good players. We have a great many videos of operatives ganking bads and poorly geared players but not one of them in ranked games vs top teams. Probably because there still aren't spots for concealment operatives in ranked and by looking at the changes in 2.0 I can't see any teams taking concealment or lethality with them.

Good job this class is great at kill terrible players, at least it gives us the impression we're doing ok.

sorry I never recorded my ranked games, I did stream though. The RWZ landscape isn't super friendly towards ops, but that doesn't mean they can't affect the games. Ganking bads is just breakfast, But I love the dinners of killing the so called best.

I recall you saying you had a pretty high ranked rating.

I know the best or former best (I can never keep track of things) pvp guild on my server used to run 2 scrappers. They have since "retired" for a more befitting class (I'd imagine) due to the spec in rated. I've only done a handful of rated, but it's blatantly clear with how much you can get locked down, unless you're healing, why they don't have a spot in rated.

The problem is that a Concealment Operative as a stealth class has to work many times away from his support.

And without a flat damage reduction, cc immunities, armour increasing skills, low cooldows on defensive skills or at least sustained DPS to keep pressure (as you can see I did not even mentioned utilities :p) his job against an organized group is very hard. An Assassin could fit better.

sorry I never recorded my ranked games, I did stream though. The RWZ landscape isn't super friendly towards ops, but that doesn't mean they can't affect the games. Ganking bads is just breakfast, But I love the dinners of killing the so called best.

So your ranked team which included concealment operatives beat the best ranked teams on your server? Or do you mean you won the occasional 1v1 in ranked vs good players? Just looking for you to clear that statement up.

I love my operative but we have no place in ranked, assassins generally do the same job but with more flexibility and utility and if you get focused you're going to spend the majority of games running back from the spawn point and draining your healers. I'd love someone to prove me wrong on this, my guild on Red Eclipse beat the top ranked team whilst we had an operative in the team but that was more from one of their players being arrogant than anything else.

These posts are helpful and they certainly point people in the right direction but giving the impression we're viable in high end pvp is flat out wrong, from briefing playing on the PTS and reading the patch notes I don't see this situation changing unless lethality somehow becomes viable. I know this class inside out, I love this class but we're still broken and we're not getting fixed any time soon.

So your ranked team which included concealment operatives beat the best ranked teams on your server? Or do you mean you won the occasional 1v1 in ranked vs good players? Just looking for you to clear that statement up.

I love my operative but we have no place in ranked, assassins generally do the same job but with more flexibility and utility and if you get focused you're going to spend the majority of games running back from the spawn point and draining your healers. I'd love someone to prove me wrong on this, my guild on Red Eclipse beat the top ranked team whilst we had an operative in the team but that was more from one of their players being arrogant than anything else.

These posts are helpful and they certainly point people in the right direction but giving the impression we're viable in high end pvp is flat out wrong, from briefing playing on the PTS and reading the patch notes I don't see this situation changing unless lethality somehow becomes viable. I know this class inside out, I love this class but we're still broken and we're not getting fixed any time soon.

no we were the top ranked team in pvp on my server with maybe one other. My rating since last I played in ranked warzones is 2147. It takes a special kind of team to use a Concealment Op correctly. THat means the mass of players has to often be the bait.

But people go their ways and I just have fun wrecking people in reg warzones.

Is there something I am missing, I almost have my operative min/maxed. I am currently at 650ish bonus damage, yet I have broken the 5k dmg mark maybe 2 times. Looking at your screenshots and your armory linked you're getting 6k+ hits with 690ish bonus power. What am I doing wrong to not be able to hit that mark?

My equipment is full wh, ewh weapon, ewh bracers and belt. All of my gear is completely augmented. My bonus damage is 650ish, 79.8% surge,

Is there something I am missing, I almost have my operative min/maxed. I am currently at 650ish bonus damage, yet I have broken the 5k dmg mark maybe 2 times. Looking at your screenshots and your armory linked you're getting 6k+ hits with 690ish bonus power. What am I doing wrong to not be able to hit that mark?

My equipment is full wh, ewh weapon, ewh bracers and belt. All of my gear is completely augmented. My bonus damage is 650ish, 79.8% surge,

You are looking at the wrong type of damage.

His ranged bonus damage is 690.

His tech bonus damage is 992.

What is your base tech damage? I hit 6k nightly and have capped 7.1k with Shoot First (Hidden Strike).

It largely depends on the opponents you go against too. My scrapper has 1006 tech and those are the numbers I get nightly against Imps on my server, who tend to be less geared/experienced. My Op has 985 tech and I don't get above 5.5k that after due to Pubs being more geared/experienced.

I was looking at the wrong #, but I have 947 tech bonus damage with full buffs and exotech skill stim. I have all 4 buffs from the legacy bonus, so that is the tech bonus damage i have all the time. Given the stats I have I have only broken 5k maybe twice. I guess I just have to test it out by dueling my sorc buddy. Although, he runs around with 1400 expertise, so I am not sure if that is the best gauge for damage.

My tests are basically just doing random warzones with the intent to win the game. I just look at the end of the warzone stats to see the highest damage hit. I am not purposely looking for the sorc to see how hard I can hit.

Edited by Zorash