Concealment Op PVP guide from POTF Ops.

AngelofCain

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
(Future Notes:)

Powertech: (from stealth:) Hidden strike, Lacerate, Sever tendon, probe, debillitate, Backstab, shiv, lacerate, continue

I see. Now that it 100 percent regrants TA you can lacerate in the beginning. Holding off shiv til the end. And Powertechs because they really don't have much to get away with. I'm so confortable with debilitate early in the rotation. But, change must be made.

I see. Now that it 100 percent regrants TA you can lacerate in the beginning. Holding off shiv til the end. And Powertechs because they really don't have much to get away with. I'm so confortable with debilitate early in the rotation. But, change must be made.

the change is simple for one reason:

sever tendon is not a stun, so... probe is not reduced 30% the stun happens after.

you are thinking standard rotation, I am thinking class changes.

made for other classes. How to maximize dmg while minimizing their talents

Edited by AngelofCain

But the thing about being stunned. That would have to be advance prototype. I see 5 times as many pyros since the patch.

yes, but this rotation also uses less resolve and saves debillitate for later in the match were everyone has those abilities that give them life or reduced dmg.

Plus when you get used to this rotation, you can stick them with sever tendon on the fly, and move out of melee range, pop probe on them safely out of range, if enough time, grab a snipe and overload shot before running in and reduced health.

Or you could keep the same basic rotation and just power through everyone.

either way works, I just like using stuns and snares.

Edited by AngelofCain

Haha I would have never thought of that. But it's a really good reason. And I bet you learned that thing about snipe and overload shot in that HallowBall match,

close. I first started using it from leveling my scrapper. Used the Hallowball match to see how well it works in open combat. It's not a big boom, but with snipe on a 2 sec cast and overload instant, its 2 white hits in 1 gcd's (almost).

Plus shroud doesn't block white dmg, and so many shadows and sins these days, all cause ops got a buff.

Plus it works well with the new rotation.

The more advanced version is:

Hidden Strike> Lacerate> sever tendon> LOLROLL> probe (there is a 1 sec window after lolroll for probe to be cast without cover) > snipe> So on so forth> effectively creating distance and defense while remaining on the offensive.

Edited by AngelofCain

Hidden Strike> Lacerate> sever tendon> LOLROLL> probe (there is a 1 sec window after lolroll for probe to be cast without cover) > snipe> So on so forth> effectively creating distance and defense while remaining on the offensive.

Is this an operative bug? On my scoundrel I see Sabo charge light up during a roll but I am unable to use it no matter how hard I spam that hotkey.

Btw that is a great rotation, I often use it against alot of melee, of course firing my sabo charge the old fashioned way though. Glad you are back, your posts bring great insight to the class.

Is this an operative bug? On my scoundrel I see Sabo charge light up during a roll but I am unable to use it no matter how hard I spam that hotkey.

Btw that is a great rotation, I often use it against alot of melee, of course firing my sabo charge the old fashioned way though. Glad you are back, your posts bring great insight to the class.

unless they fixed it it should still be viable.

Same for me, I only tested on my scoundrel. I will test it with my operative and check if the result differs.

even if they stealth fixed it, it doesn't really matter, it's just a fancy way to apply probe without cover. more wasteful of energy than anything but it's a fun mechanic to play with. make sure your camera is facing the way towards your enemy otherwise probe won't work. so roll spin the camera quickly and spam the button.

even if they stealth fixed it, it doesn't really matter, it's just a fancy way to apply probe without cover. more wasteful of energy than anything but it's a fun mechanic to play with. make sure your camera is facing the way towards your enemy otherwise probe won't work. so roll spin the camera quickly and spam the button.

I was about to write that I couldn't reproduce with either Operative or Scoundrel, but ran a final test.

It is indeed true; I was able to roll towards my ship dummy and use the Sabotage Charge without using cover by spamming the key. As it is possible to get into cover while rolling, I'm unsure it's really usefull.

However the whole root -> roll away -> probe -> snipe seems brillant to me when facing melee opponents. Very expensive as it is though.

With 2.7 it might become interesting and more affordable : root -> roll away (now free) -> probe -> snipe -> roll back -> stun -> continue.

Edited by EnderSeventyFour

I was about to write that I couldn't reproduce with either Operative or Scoundrel, but ran a final test.

It is indeed true; I was able to roll towards my ship dummy and use the Sabotage Charge without using cover by spamming the key. As it is possible to get into cover while rolling, I'm unsure it's really usefull.

However the whole root -> roll away -> probe -> snipe seems brillant to me when facing melee opponents. Very expensive as it is though.

With 2.7 it might become interesting and more affordable : root -> roll away (now free) -> probe -> snipe -> roll back -> stun -> continue.

point well made.

After re-reading the scamper change, That might be really nice. if you are good at the roll to cover button which still works with (stupid commando skill I can't remember), I believe, This was still a obtainable rotation post 1.2, depending on the battle field, though more situational.

if they don't hot fix the probe trick, it might be a really nice rotation.

One note on the rotation it's not snipe roll back, it's ghost, corrosive dart, shiv, continue.

well that's what I usually do to make sure I have a poison up. plus I just use ghost a lot mid battle, keep their camera spinning just a little faster.

Edited by AngelofCain

but I am only here til wildstar.

I'm showing BW the same sort of rope-a-dope hot patch they show this class...On one hand, i'm buffing my forum skills and and on the other, i'm not playing at all and nerfing their bottom-line stats with my cancelled sub.