Kaggath Tournament - Grievous vs Revan vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

Again, you are assuming that Grievous will duel Revan without having the advantage. If killing Grievous were so easy, how come Mace Windu's Force Crush didn't kill him? Grievous has faced many powerful Jedi in battle and proved victorious or simply fled.

You expect Revan mastered a lightsaber form? Now you are just supposing things. If the Jedi Order was so in awe of him, why did they send a team of Jedi led by a Padawan, when they sent the whole Jedi Order (plus the entire Republic military) to take out Exar Kun?

I'm not comparing Revan to Exar Kun here. When I say 'greatest Jedi of his age' I don't mean the whole Old Republic era I mean out of all the Jedi in existence when he was alive. And they actually sent more than half a dozen Jedi Knights with Bastila, four made it to the bridge but originally there were more. Bastila was only there because of her Battle Meditation I believe, and was actually a very skilled lightsaber duelist (she managed to hold her own against Revan, Jolee and Juhani and against Darth Malak)

Neither am I saying that a mere Force crush could kill Grievous (although if Grievous hadn't escape I'm sure Mace would have killed his vulnerable opponent), much like in the battle with Obi Wan, Revan could use the Force or just he hands to pull open his chest and then blast him with Force lightning. And that's just for an opening, Revan could probably stun him with lightning and then just cut the cyborg down. I'm not saying that Revan is definitely a superior combatant, I'm just saying Force lightning gives him a considerable advantage. Revan had never faced anything like Grievous. But Grievous had never faced anything like Revan i.e. a wielder of Force lightning, a Sith. Tenuous link here, but Force crush is a dark side power - dark side seems to be Grievous' weakness.

The only way I see Grievous surviving an encounter with Revan, is by fleeing. But he is good at that. (Or he could have Ventress with him. But even them Revan could win. Both of them seem vulnerable to Force lightning.)

And on the lightsaber front I think all we can say for sure is that is that he was an exemplary lightsaber duelist

EDIT:

Edit: Never mind. /sigh

Forgive me Aurbere but I really don't understand your frustration. I admit I was wrong to assume that Revan mastered a lightsaber form, and I have since corrected myself. But all my evidence for Revan being stronger than Grievous is rooted with canon evidence...

So lets all just calm down. :rolleyes:

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im merely using your time machine theory to point out contradictions in your logic. The PTO had generally better saber combatants than the Jedi Order's of the past, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tin were jedi high council members who specialized in saber combat, yet it is never stated that they mastered a saber form, does that mean that they were inferior to say: Rahm Kota who specialized in juyo? No in fact id say both Kolar and Tin would beat Kota.

What the heck is this 'time machine' argument about? I don't have a time machine (though if I did, I'd certainly be doing something else right now).

Revan's lightsaber combat style isn't noted, and it isn't noted that he mastered any forms, therefore we assume that he did not. As assuming that he did master a lightsaber form would be non-canon and pull this argument into assumptions.

We can go on to say that Revan is more skilled than Yoda and Mace Windu, simply because we can assume so. We can assume that Revan mastered every single form simply because it is not known if he did nor not.

Where does it say that? Ive been looking and i cant seem to find it?

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Agen_Kolar#Agen.27s_lightsaber_style

"Actually when he's fighting Quinlan Vos in Republic #54 he's shown using quite a few acrobatics. Also his fighting style strongly resembles Vos's style which is Ataru. And since Ataru is fairly aggresive as well, It's possible that Kolar is a Form IV user. "

Wait scratch Tiin, it seemed more of an opinion then giving proof(when I did a double take). With Kolar, there is some evidence there suggesting he was indeed a Form IV user.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

What the heck is this 'time machine' argument about? I don't have a time machine (though if I did, I'd certainly be doing something else right now).

Revan's lightsaber combat style isn't noted, and it isn't noted that he mastered any forms, therefore we assume that he did not. As assuming that he did master a lightsaber form would be non-canon and pull this argument into assumptions.

We can go on to say that Revan is more skilled than Yoda and Mace Windu, simply because we can assume so. We can assume that Revan mastered every single form simply because it is not known if he did nor not.

Your ignoring my question, if it doesnt state which forms Sassee Tin or Agen Kolar mastered, then does that make them inferior to Rahm Kota who used juyo, or even Lord Scourge who also used juyo in terms of saber combat since we can assume that they never mastered a saber form by your logic?

Edited by Darkondo

I'm not comparing Revan to Exar Kun here. When I say 'greatest Jedi of his age' I don't mean the whole Old Republic era I mean out of all the Jedi in existence when he was alive. And they actually sent more than half a dozen Jedi Knights with Bastila, four made it to the bridge but originally there were more. Bastila was only there because of her Battle Meditation I believe, and was actually a very skilled lightsaber duelist (she managed to hold her own against Revan, Jolee and Juhani and against Darth Malak)

Neither am I saying that a mere Force crush could kill Grievous (although if Grievous hadn't escape I'm sure Mace would have killed his vulnerable opponent), much like in the battle with Obi Wan, Revan could use the Force or just he hands to pull open his chest and then blast him with Force lightning. And that's just for an opening, Revan could probably stun him with lightning and then just cut the cyborg down. I'm not saying that Revan is definitely a superior combatant, I'm just saying Force lightning gives him a considerable advantage. Revan had never faced anything like Grievous. But Grievous had never faced anything like Revan i.e. a wielder of Force lightning, a Sith. Tenuous link here, but Force crush is a dark side power - dark side seems to be Grievous' weakness.

The only way I see Grievous surviving an encounter with Revan, is by fleeing. But he is good at that. (Or he could have Ventress with him. But even them Revan could win. Both of them seem vulnerable to Force lightning.)

And on the lightsaber front I think all we can say for sure is that is that he was an exemplary lightsaber duelist

Technically Kun was 'alive' during that time, but whatever. I'm not saying Revan isn't an exemplary duelist, I'm just saying we shouldn't make assumptions of his skill because that leads to greater assumptions (master of everything under the sun and an absolute dueling god and all that nonsense:p).

If Revan does confront Grievous, he will simply flee. And I don't think Revan is going to open up with his big-hitters at first. IIRC Mace Windu and Grievous battled before and he didn't simply Crush Grievous.

Really, Grievous won't fight Revan without having the advantages. He'll probably have his Magnaguards and a ton of battle droids with him. He'll also have an escape route ready to go. And he can literally make escape routes. Remember ROTS?

"Actually when he's fighting Quinlan Vos in Republic #54 he's shown using quite a few acrobatics. Also his fighting style strongly resembles Vos's style which is Ataru. And since Ataru is fairly aggresive as well, It's possible that Kolar is a Form IV user. "

Wait scratch Tiin, it seemed more of an opinion then giving proof(when I did a double take). With Kolar, there is some evidence there suggesting he was indeed a Form IV user.

From that logic (and I'm not saying that in a derogatory way) we can probably say Revan used Ataru. On his Wookiee page it said he often used acrobatic maneuvers.

Just to help us get a better understanding of our combatants.

Now this is also an assumption, its never specifically stated which form either of them used so according to Aurbere we have to assume they didnt master any saber forms, as for the evidence I could use Darth Revan's stance when he was confronted by Bastila and the jedi strike team that he specialized in juyo or game mechanics on the Foundry to show evidence that he used Ataru.

EDIT:

Forgive me Aurbere but I really don't understand your frustration. I admit I was wrong to assume that Revan mastered a lightsaber form, and I have since corrected myself. But all my evidence for Revan being stronger than Grievous is rooted with canon evidence...

So lets all just calm down. :rolleyes:

I'm frustrated because this always happens with Revan. People come in and say that he's this omega awesome dude and supply that argument with assumptions.

Revan is (obviously) more powerful than Grievous with The Force, but that hasn't stopped him before. Grievous has faced very powerful opponents and emerged victorious or he simply fled.

And a quick scenario for Grievous killing G0-T0, if he were to defeat Revan:

Asajj Ventress, who has displayed an ability to pose as a bounty hunter, does so on Nar Shaddaa. If Grievous thwarts enough of his assassination attempts and maybe destroys his HK-50 factory, G0-T0 is going to start looking for more bounty hunters, fearless, deadly bounty hunters. Ventress fits the bill. And rules only dictate that combatants only know their opponents, not their allies, so this could work.

Anyway, G0-T0 hires Ventress and brings her to his yacht or orders (or perhaps to test her skills) Ventress kills G0-T0.

This scenario could also work if Ventress joins Revan - which is possibly as she had no love for Grievous.

Your Revan scenario suggests that he will run out of resources, which won't happen. Also, drawing G0-T0 out isn't insta-death for him. He's a stealthed droid. Good luck killing that, Revan.

Your Ventress example WOULD have made sense, had G0-T0 not been engaged in an all out war with two other factions. NO WAY is he meeting with people (for sure those he does not already know) on his only HQ, his stealthed yacht.

Saying that G0-T0 would invite Ventress to his ship is like saying Grievous would replace his magmagurads with HK-50s. It just won't happen.

Edited by Warren-Stride

I'm frustrated because this always happens with Revan. People come in and say that he's this omega awesome dude and supply that argument with assumptions.

Revan is (obviously) more powerful than Grievous with The Force, but that hasn't stopped him before. Grievous has faced very powerful opponents and emerged victorious or he simply fled.

Hang on I have never once said in this entire thread or any other thread that Revan is god or omega powerful. Im just using your logic to show that hes not the average to weak fighter you make him out to be, and you still havent answered my question.

Technically Kun was 'alive' during that time, but whatever. I'm not saying Revan isn't an exemplary duelist, I'm just saying we shouldn't make assumptions of his skill because that leads to greater assumptions (master of everything under the sun and an absolute dueling god and all that nonsense:p).

If Revan does confront Grievous, he will simply flee. And I don't think Revan is going to open up with his big-hitters at first. IIRC Mace Windu and Grievous battled before and he didn't simply Crush Grievous.

Really, Grievous won't fight Revan without having the advantages. He'll probably have his Magnaguards and a ton of battle droids with him. He'll also have an escape route ready to go. And he can literally make escape routes. Remember ROTS?

Of course, I'm not a Revan fanboi though. I try to have a balanced understanding of Revan and his ablities, but neither do I underestimate him. Remember that people don't think Revan was a 'master of everything under the sun and absolute dueling god' because they played him in KOTOR. BioWare bigs him up to be almost exactly that. And they do have their reasons. (lol, the guys at BioWare are definitely Revan fanbois)

But good point, Grievous will escape most of the time. But can he run forerever? It does seem the fight will be determined more by the strenght of their armies. If Revan can defeat his forces, he can defeat Grievous. So perhaps we should redirect our debate there.

And here's a thought, G0-T0 hasn't been discussed much. That guy isn't just going to sit in his yacht and wait for someone to kill him. If I were him I'd be pulling strings from the start. Of course the smart thing would be to let them destroy each other. But what if G0-T0 were to subtly aid won to undermine the other? Leaving him with an opponent he can more easily kill. Which IMO would be Grievous. Lack of Force makes him susceptible to suprise attacks in several ways.

Now this is also an assumption, its never specifically stated which form either of them used so according to Aurbere we have to assume they didnt master any saber forms, as for the evidence I could use Darth Revan's stance when he was confronted by Bastila and the jedi strike team that he specialized in juyo or game mechanics on the Foundry to show evidence that he used Ataru.

It isn't noted that they mastered any forms, so they didn't. Until it is actually noted that they did master a specific lightsaber form, they didn't. Until then they are just proficient with the lightsaber. Though I will say that evidence points to Agen Kolar being quite skilled with the blade.

Kolar was noted to be a master saber duelist, and being that his style strongly resembled Quinlan Vos's style which was Ataru means that there is a good chance that Kolar was a master with Ataru. Just because it isn't stated on his bio as such, doesn't mean it wouldn't be true given there is some crediable evidence of showing.

"Agen Kolar favored the use of Force Push in combat,and was known to apply it suddenly against his opponents.However, he was primarily known as a master lightsaber duelist."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Remember the last time Darth Revan was defeated?

His ship was fired on in the middle of a space battle. He led the charge in most major battles, and he'll probably do it again. The CIS navy (imo) is much bigger and probably better than Revan's. So during the space battle, his ship is fired on by Grievous.

And that's where G0-T0 comes in. Everyone's been arguing that G0-T0 will be defensive. But what if the small Jedi strike team (lead by Bastila) is replaced by HK-50s, Gand, Ubese, and Zhug Brother, who board his ship during this battle. G0-T0 could even lead the strike team.

Revan and Grievous battle, and Revan's ship gets damaged. Then G0-T0 and his assassins come swooping in to kill him. This could happen for Grievous as well.

Grievous and Revan meet in one giant space battle, and G0-T0 sends his forces to board and then kill the two generals during the fighting. Or at least ensure that they are killed in the battle.

Kolar was noted to be a master saber duelist, and being that his style strongly resembled Quinlan Vos's style which was Ataru means that there is a good chance that Kolar was a master with Ataru aswell. Just because it isn't stated, doesn't mean it wouldn't be true given there is some crediable evidence of showing.

And now your assuming which I was called out for because i was assuming Revan had mastered a saber form, but i noticed that when another character is assumed to have mastered a saber form no ones gonna say anything about that.

It isn't noted that they mastered any forms, so they didn't. Until it is actually noted that they did master a specific lightsaber form, they didn't. Until then they are just proficient with the lightsaber. Though I will say that evidence points to Agen Kolar being quite skilled with the blade.

Glad were on the same page regarding assumptions now, but still if you call out assumptions about Revan then you should call out assumptions for any other SW character, even if they are a PTO master, just a thought.

Of course, I'm not a Revan fanboi though. I try to have a balanced understanding of Revan and his ablities, but neither do I underestimate him. Remember that people don't think Revan was a 'master of everything under the sun and absolute dueling god' because they played him in KOTOR. BioWare bigs him up to be almost exactly that. And they do have their reasons. (lol, the guys at BioWare are definitely Revan fanbois)

But good point, Grievous will escape most of the time. But can he run forerever? It does seem the fight will be determined more by the strenght of their armies. If Revan can defeat his forces, he can defeat Grievous. So perhaps we should redirect our debate there.

And here's a thought, G0-T0 hasn't been discussed much. That guy isn't just going to sit in his yacht and wait for someone to kill him. If I were him I'd be pulling strings from the start. Of course the smart thing would be to let them destroy each other. But what if G0-T0 were to subtly aid won to undermine the other? Leaving him with an opponent he can more easily kill. Which IMO would be Grievous. Lack of Force makes him susceptible to suprise attacks in several ways.

Yeah, I went overboard. I'm just irritated at the moment. (Calming down... OK)

Grievous' army won't be defeated by Revan's armies. Not when you have a galaxy spanning infrastructure with enough droids in (roughly) five Lucrehulks (that's two billion droids and 35,000 tanks) to handle the majority of Revan's troops. Revan doesn't have the infrastructure of the Kuat Drive Yards (which included Kuat, Rothana and Balmorra). He doesn't have (roughly) a billion troops. He doesn't have Yoda (who's mastery of Battle Meditation is epic), Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Plo Koon (not to mention the other Jedi Generals) leading his troops.

Revan doesn't have a winning strategy here. The only way he can possibly win is by killing Grievous, and Grievous will simply run away. Revan can't attack Grievous' infrastructure because he doesn't have enough forces to successfully attack multiple (as in dozens) worlds.

Now on the topic of G0-T0, I thought he couldn't help one side or the other? Isn't that against the rules?

If not then it would be logical to help Grievous. His lack of Force powers and the susceptibility of his droid armies (to hacking by the spherical one) will be easier to deal with than Revan. Then again, G0-T0 would be able to manage Revan just fine, but Grievous will prove easier to beat.

Grievous' army won't be defeated by Revan's armies. Not when you have a galaxy spanning infrastructure with enough droids in (roughly) five Lucrehulks (that's two billion droids and 35,000 tanks) to handle the majority of Revan's troops. Revan doesn't have the infrastructure of the Kuat Drive Yards (which included Kuat, Rothana and Balmorra). He doesn't have (roughly) a billion troops. He doesn't have Yoda (who's mastery of Battle Meditation is epic), Mace Windu, Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Plo Koon (not to mention the other Jedi Generals) leading his troops.

Revan doesn't have a winning strategy here. The only way he can possibly win is by killing Grievous, and Grievous will simply run away. Revan can't attack Grievous' infrastructure because he doesn't have enough forces to successfully attack multiple (as in dozens) worlds.

Now on the topic of G0-T0, I thought he couldn't help one side or the other? Isn't that against the rules?

If not then it would be logical to help Grievous. His lack of Force powers and the susceptibility of his droid armies (to hacking by the spherical one) will be easier to deal with than Revan. Then again, G0-T0 would be able to manage Revan just fine, but Grievous will prove easier to beat.

Well again if he cant help either side then he can sabotage Grievous' superior numbers of droids to his advantage to try and even the fight for Revan's army.

Edited by Darkondo

Glad were on the same page regarding assumptions now, but still if you call out assumptions about Revan then you should call out assumptions for any other SW character, even if they are a PTO master, just a thought.

Many of the PTO Masters have been noted to master specific forms. Want me to give a run-down? OK! :)

Yoda- Mastered Ataru to its highest extent and mastered the other forms as well (I don't think he mastered Juyo)

Mace Windu- Master of the seven forms and Master of Vaapad

Anakin Skywalker- Master of Djem So

Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Soresu Master

Plo Koon- Master of Djem So (arguably the second greatest master, but that's my opinion)

Count Dooku (Jedi or Sith take your pick)- The Makashi Master

Qui-Gon Jinn- Mastered Ataru to an incredibly high extent

Cin Drallig- mastered six of the seven lightsaber forms and trained some of the best Jedi of all time

These are noted facts.

And now your assuming which I was called out for because i was assuming Revan had mastered a saber form, but i noticed that when another character is assumed to have mastered a saber form no ones gonna say anything about that.

There is a difference between Kolar and Revan though, with Kolar its stated he is a master saber duelist. By that he should have mastered at least 1 form, which the evidence is strongly pointing to Ataru giving that the style he was using matched Vos's which was Ataru. Has Revan been shown or has it been stated somewhere, that he has used a particular form? On his page, it just states he is skilled in the saber forms never stating he was a master duelist of any kind...therefore he couldn't be a master in any but only skilled.

Edit: But yes lets get back to the battle here.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Many of the PTO Masters have been noted to master specific forms. Want me to give a run-down? OK! :)

Yoda- Mastered Ataru to its highest extent and mastered the other forms as well (I don't think he mastered Juyo)

Mace Windu- Master of the seven forms and Master of Vaapad

Anakin Skywalker- Master of Djem So

Obi-Wan Kenobi- The Soresu Master

Plo Koon- Master of Djem So (arguably the second greatest master, but that's my opinion)

Count Dooku (Jedi or Sith take your pick)- The Makashi Master

Qui-Gon Jinn- Mastered Ataru to an incredibly high extent

Cin Drallig- mastered six of the seven lightsaber forms and trained some of the best Jedi of all time

These are noted facts.

Thats not what i meant, i was giving advice to help you come off less biased (and argue your point more effectively) still good facts but for the sake of staying on topic back to the Kaggath.

Thats not what i meant, i was giving advice to help you come off less biased (and argue your point more effectively) still good facts but for the sake of staying on topic back to the Kaggath.

Ah well. It's nice to present the facts sometimes.

Anyway, back to the battle. I think G0-T0 comes out on top. Grievous can beat Revan with his superior military, but once that's done, G0-T0 can simply sweep that away. He would most likely assist Grievous simply because Grievous' army is easier to take away (for him) than Revan's would be.

But how does G0-T0 kill Grievous? It will probably come down to orbital bombardment (using G0-T0's shiny new Providence cruiser :p). Either that or just send his newly acquired battle droid army after him.

Edit: on a side note, I have the most illogical argument for Traya's victory in the next battle. (I won't be serious, but I will find it hilarious) :D

Edited by Aurbere

There is a difference between Kolar and Revan though, with Kolar its stated he is a master saber duelist. By that he should have mastered at least 1 form, which the evidence is strongly pointing to Ataru giving that the style he was using matched Vos's which was Ataru. Has Revan been shown or has it been stated somewhere, that he has used a particular form? On his page, it just states he is skilled in the saber forms never stating he was a master duelist of any kind...therefore he couldn't be a master in any but only skilled.

Master saber duelist? yes it stated that however we still cannot assume he mastered a saber form since it doesnt say, I think ive gone off-topic in this thread enough so back to th Kaggath.

Note my wording. G0-T0 isn't going to go up to Grievous and propose an alliance, but he can subtly aid Grievous (without him knowing) to ensure he defeats Revan. For example in space battles G0-T0 could sabotage Revan's ships etc. but I'll leave others to come up with those arguments.

And Warren, G0-T0 can run out of resources. Sure he has the Exchange. But what really matters are his HK-50 droids, Ubese assassins and hired mercenary clans. If they are all killed, along with Hanharr, he has nothing left. Bounty hunters will be reluctant to aid him, no matter how high the price, noting how many other better hunters have failed. And G0-T0 can't exactly shoot credits at him. In such a scenario G0-T0 would be forced to attack Revan personally, yes he's stealthed he can't kill Revan that way. Well he could sabotage Revan's ship, but not kill him personally.

Your other scenario is very plausible however. (G0-T0 leading the attack however would be plain suicidal though)

P.S. How does G0-T0 'manage Revan just fine' may I ask. Lets not be hypocritical and do what the fanbois do. :p At least the way I see it Revan can handle anything G0-T0 throws at him. Unless other factors such as Warren's scenario are involved.

EDIT: Oh and Aurbere, don't call the next battle just yet. I for one have a perfectly logical argument for Traya's victory. :jawa_evil: I try not to put combatants in fights they can't win. Except Xizor, poor Xizor's just outmatched by everyone :p

Edited by Beniboybling

Ah well. It's nice to present the facts sometimes.

Anyway, back to the battle. I think G0-T0 comes out on top. Grievous can beat Revan with his superior military, but once that's done, G0-T0 can simply sweep that away. He would most likely assist Grievous simply because Grievous' army is easier to take away (for him) than Revan's would be.

But how does G0-T0 kill Grievous? It will probably come down to orbital bombardment (using G0-T0's shiny new Providence cruiser :p). Either that or just send his newly acquired battle droid army after him.

Edit: on a side note, I have the most illogical argument for Traya's victory in the next battle. (I won't be serious, but I will find it hilarious) :D

Have to agree with this or at least something very similar to this. Grievous and Revan would be too busy fighting each other to worry about G0-T0 and whoever wins (probably Grievous) will end up having too little resources left to combat G0-T0. Regardless for who wins between Grievous and Revan, G0-T0 wins.