so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

LUCASCASADEIS

I think you missed the point that was a one off event? We are talking about an OPvP zone, Ilum, you know that place SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED AND ADVERTISED AS BEING OPvP. PvPers want to know when they are bringing back OPvP, that thing that was heavily advertised and pulled in the first major patch in the game... but you can try and make this about ganking all you want, your argument is a red herring wrapped in a straw man with a splash of adhominem just for kicks.

No, I think you're not understanding. Forcing PvE players into a PvP area to complete PvE objectives is only part of the equation in my initial post. The other is that this doesn't seem to be what PvPers wanted, either - it's stuffing some objectives (that aren't always there) in an area that is perennially deserted because it's not good OPvP.

So, from my PvE point of view, yeah, it's about ganking (and that I hate it). But it doesn't seem like it's all that great from a PvP point of view, either. No real change is happening, and all you're getting out of the deal is a temp event that includes PvE whiners like me.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

no. Also you should fix it and ask. so Giant warzone pvp in 1.7 or no? No OWPvP in the game and will never arrive the way it looks.

Even if you say Giant warzone pvp in 1.7, I say no.

Also, There is a BIG DIFFERENCE between OWPvP and Giant Warzone, BIG DIFFERENCE...........

Edited by Jonoku

No, I think you're not understanding. Forcing PvE players into a PvP area to complete PvE objectives is only part of the equation in my initial post. The other is that this doesn't seem to be what PvPers wanted, either - it's stuffing some objectives (that aren't always there) in an area that is perennially deserted because it's not good OPvP.

So, from my PvE point of view, yeah, it's about ganking (and that I hate it). But it doesn't seem like it's all that great from a PvP point of view, either. No real change is happening, and all you're getting out of the deal is a temp event that includes PvE whiners like me.

This entire thread is filled with people who don't PvP, who don't go to the PvP forums, pretending to know what PvPers want and are asking for and then summarily rejecting their completely contrived and make believe demands.

Here's is what PvPers want: they want a zone, designed around open world combat, with pvp objectives and scoring that yields pvp rewards. We want a revamp of ilum that allows it to be playable, large scale open combat.

Now you can pretend to know and understand what OPvP is, what PvPers want from it, you can pretend all you want, but you have no idea what you're talking about...

Again, you're completely missing the point. This entire conversation is about a zone SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR PVP. Ilum was a place for OPvP to take place, it was designed for that one purpose. Now, here's the thing. If you give people who want OPvP a place for that to occur in and also rewards for participating in it then THATS WHERE IT WILL OCCUR.

When BW took away the OPvP zone the people that wanted to fight were forced to roam the planets looking for people to fight. By setting aside a specific place for this activity to occur in and giving them rewards for doing that there you at the same time reward the pvpers with content they've been clamoring for for nearly a year while at the same time helping the pvers by removing the ganking from the planets and putting it in one zone where they know its going to occur....

I have not missed anything. The zone may be for PvP, but when you add PvE objectives, to said zone, is where it becomes a problem.

This entire thread is filled with people who don't PvP, who don't go to the PvP forums, pretending to know what PvPers want and are asking for and then summarily rejecting their completely contrived and make believe demands.

Here's is what PvPers want: they want a zone, designed around open world combat, with pvp objectives and scoring that yields pvp rewards. We want a revamp of ilum that allows it to be playable, large scale open combat.

Now you can pretend to know and understand what OPvP is, what PvPers want from it, you can pretend all you want, but you have no idea what you're talking about...

What stops people from doing Ilum currently? The lack of rewards (currently there is still valor rewards, and bonuses), what type of rewards would need to be in place to make it worth people's time and energy to go there? Would there need to be a direct transport from the fleet to Ilum's pvp zone? Then how long would it be until people got bored with it, or completely stopped doing WZs?

It looks like all the Ilum stuff is in the open PvP area, so PvP'ers will be able to gank PvE players trying to get their objectives done. So that is a big win for the PvP crowd.

and a big loss for the people who just wanna complete the big event. sadly BW's approuch to events has always been pretty clear "WELL YOU BETTER LIKE TO PVP!"

I have not missed anything. The zone may be for PvP, but when you add PvE objectives, to said zone, is where it becomes a problem.

Again. If it's a PvP zone why would you add PvE objectives to it? Why is it so hard for people to get this. Instead of some stupid daily zone with PvE dailies, PvPers want a zone of their own, that gives equivalent but PvP oriented rewards for completeing PvP dailies over objectives in OPvP.

We don't want to do stupid "collect five garbage bags and take them to the dump for General Trashman."

PvPers want an OPvP zone, a zone that is DESIGNED AROUND PVP.

What stops people from doing Ilum currently? The lack of rewards (currently there is still valor rewards, and bonuses), what type of rewards would need to be in place to make it worth people's time and energy to go there? Would there need to be a direct transport from the fleet to Ilum's pvp zone? Then how long would it be until people got bored with it, or completely stopped doing WZs?

Credits, Experience, Commendations. Valor is useless, it serves no function anymore. It is not tied to gear at 50, you no longer need BM rank to equip BM gear etc.

There should be an equivement reward based on time invested in an activity. For example, doing 30 minutes worth of space missions gives about the same rewards as doing thirty minutes worth of dailies and 30 minutes worth of flash points....

Warzones were massively nerfed in terms of experience and credits to prevent people from just queuing their way to 50, this has meant that PvP rewards lag BEHIND pve and there is no way to gear up from OPvP. There needs to be real, structured, and rewarded large scale combat. That's what PvPers are talking about when they ask for OPvP, not to put a bunch of "kill five kitty kats" quests on Alderaan so we can gank people turning them in like some PvErs are trying to make it sound.

Again. If it's a PvP zone why would you add PvE objectives to it? Why is it so hard for people to get this. Instead of some stupid daily zone with PvE dailies, PvPers want a zone of their own, that gives equivalent but PvP oriented rewards for completeing PvP dailies over objectives in OPvP.

We don't want to do stupid "collect five garbage bags and take them to the dump for General Trashman."

Errrr... somehow in your reading of this thread.... you think I want PvP to be something different. ( and maybe others too)

I WANT a pvp zone that is open PvP. I want MORE PvP in the game.... As long as it does not make Pvers have to go there. People read what was written about 1.7 and have an idea that they are going to have Pve things in said zone, which leads to ganking blah blah blah.....

I think that is what some, not all , are trying to avoid. Not all pvpers are gankers.... I know this... in fact MOST are not.

But it is the few that feel it is cool, or whatever it is to them, that do it, that ruin it for pvers.

I'm gonna have to be a nerd, sorry.......

Open World PvP means, PvP throughout the entire galaxy on every single planet, attempting to dominate planets coordinating within your own faction of which guild is attacking which planet, which city, and which base. It also means large scale PvP your correct about that.

llum is not OPvP, its just one planet, and taking control only on one planet. llum is just a giant warzone, thats all it is, with inc. large scale pvp coming in Feb, March. Maybe some part of llum is OPvP but not entirely correct.

I want OPvP but I don't want it in this game because its themepark and I don't want it the way you defined it. Not just one zone, but multiple zones per planet, multiple cities to attack per planet, multiple bases to attack per planet, multiple objectives per planet. Multiply number of zones, cities, bases, objectives per planet by number of planets. That is alot going on and that is OPvP. Not randomly mixing chicken with dirt with oranges which is the way it seems how llum was made. One zone might satisfy you, but wouldn't to me. Also you don't speak for every PvP'er. Different PvP'ers like different things.

Edited by Jonoku

Well, you've just said what you want - and this doesn't seem to be it.

For the record, I really wish PvPers would get what you want. You pay your fees same as me, you should get a game you emjoy and be able to expect improvements to it, the same as I would. If this was a PvP-specific event with PvP objectives and PvP rewards, I would be happy that PvP was getting some attention (and happy to avoid it since it's not geared toward my playstyle).

Credits, Experience, Commendations. Valor is useless, it serves no function anymore. It is not tied to gear at 50, you no longer need BM rank to equip BM gear etc.

There should be an equivement reward based on time invested in an activity. For example, doing 30 minutes worth of space missions gives about the same rewards as doing thirty minutes worth of dailies and 30 minutes worth of flash points....

Warzones were massively nerfed in terms of experience and credits to prevent people from just queuing their way to 50, this has meant that PvP rewards lag BEHIND pve and there is no way to gear up from OPvP. There needs to be real, structured, and rewarded large scale combat. That's what PvPers are talking about when they ask for OPvP, not to put a bunch of "kill five kitty kats" quests on Alderaan so we can gank people turning them in like some PvErs are trying to make it sound.

Now this is something that should be there. I would go further to say they should have huge raids for PvP as well. And no I don't mean kill Soa crap... I mean full on raid a base of the opposing faction type raids.... But meh I'm just doing some wishing.

Well, you've just said what you want - and this doesn't seem to be it.

For the record, I really wish PvPers would get what you want. You pay your fees same as me, you should get a game you emjoy and be able to expect improvements to it, the same as I would. If this was a PvP-specific event with PvP objectives and PvP rewards, I would be happy that PvP was getting some attention (and happy to avoid it since it's not geared toward my playstyle).

Did you really just quote the comment I made stating what I want and then try to tell me that's not what I really want??? Ok, this is getting a bit out of hand. You haven't actually responded to a single thing I've written, you've just completely pretended like I said something entirely different. For like the hundredth time, let me say it again.

I want a planet that is specifically for PvP, one that has PvP based dailies and objectives, one that gives PvP rewards, one that encourages large scale battles and community formation and sustaining through guild PvP. Here's is my wish list.

Nemesis System - A by which PvP guilds can declare themselves enemies of other guilds turning members of said guilds "hostile" towards each other. This would allow PvPers on PvE servers to fight in an open world format while at the same time allowing members of PvE guilds on those servers to stay away from PvP. You could tie this into a guild perk system with a equivalent rewards for PvE guilds for completing FP and Dailies etc.

Space PvP - Self Explanatory.

Guild Ships - That allow PvP guilds to raid each other, board, fight etc.

Arena - Yes, it is important for any time or tiered ranked or professional competition, but just make it a flat 4v4 like one team versus another.

OPvP - At least one world that is nothing but PvP objectives. Having OPvP take place on EVERY world in some way will simply not work because it spreads people out far too much, decreases the chance of encounters and combat and involves people who might not want to PvP, by structuring PvP around a single planet designed as a PvPers planet you remove the chance that PvErs will be forced into PvPing and at the same time encourage open and large scale combat.

I'm gonna have to be a nerd, sorry.......

Open World PvP means, PvP throughout the entire galaxy on every single planet, attempting to dominate planets coordinating within your own faction of which guild is attacking which planet, which city, and which base. It also means large scale PvP your correct about that.

llum is not OPvP, its just one planet, and taking control only on one planet. llum is just a giant warzone, thats all it is, with inc. large scale pvp coming in Feb, March. Maybe some part of llum is OPvP but not entirely correct.

I want OPvP but I don't want it in this game because its themepark and I don't want it the way you defined it. Not just one zone, but multiple zones per planet, multiple cities to attack per planet, multiple bases to attack per planet, multiple objectives per planet. Multiply number of zones, cities, bases, objectives per planet by number of planets. That is alot going on and that is OPvP. Not randomly mixing chicken with dirt with oranges which is the way it seems how llum was made. One zone might satisfy you, but wouldn't to me. Also you don't speak for every PvP'er. Different PvP'ers like different things.

Like I said before......

I'm also gonna add that it won't decrease the amount of encounters. As long as it increases people's interests to come back to the game, to repopulate the game all the way up to 2 million, you will always see people. The problem why there will be a decrease of the amount of encounters is the game's downfall, but if only they had all these cool things I listed, I doubt it would be ever a problem.

According to the devs of TES: online, that same engine is going to be able to handle hundreds of people in the same area, with more dynamic combat.

If you read the interview on this, you'll see that they're not actually using the hero engine for anything other than prototyping. They've written a new engine from scratch.

Did you even read the page you linked to:

We will be experimenting with a different approach to Open World PvP, something that encourages organic PvP in contested areas in a new and interesting way, but do not look for massive new Open World PvP this year

They are re-doing the entire area. I'd put my money on the whole place being re-made. Different landforms. Different transport. No auto-PvP-flag.

Oh, and thanks for linking to the place that answered your own question. So much easier that way.

That seems be more like what would happen on islands in bc for wow. There was a lot of world pvp going around on the islands. It was fun.

Edited by Knockerz

We wouldn't put PvE objectives in - that's Bioware's bright idea not ours see HK-51 and 1.7 is talking about putting the gree PvE in Ilum's autoflagging PvP area. Which is stupid because most of the PvE crowd will just ignore the content (like a surprising amount of people do with HK-51) or go at oh dark thirty with a stealth class to avoid any possibility of actually having to PvP.

Or the dev's could get a clue and not put PvE objectives in PvP areas because it just annoys everyone.

Alright, first I'm going to say that I am a mid-level PvP player, in the sense that my first character still has a full champion set, and one of my characters has almost a full war-hero set. That said I play on a PvE server, so I question the reasoning behind this possible forced pvp for the items.

Short of Bioware making it so in open world expertise gear only matches PvE gear of the same level I see any 'forced' pvp going poorly. But even if that would happen the same issue that broke Ilum for so many in the first place still exists. Simply put the elephant in the room here is Faction balance. It won't matter if your character is geared for PvP or if you can get an operation group going if one faction has 5x1 odds with the better gear average on their side in the first place.

When I was on Darth Sion I'd be able to do my box hunting, but only because the average imperial on that server slept in while the pubs controlled the shelf. There were several epic battles from time to time, but the reality was it almost always came down to numbers one faction could put forward compared to the other.

That said I have characters on multiple factions now, I could end up just switching and only running the event on whichever faction has the majority at the time, but not everyone has the luxury of endgame opposing faction characters. Likewise outlaw's den style would still favor whichever faction had the most groups running the area. I was ganked by pubs as a pub, and imps as an imp, but some of those groups let someone from their side into the group to snag the part needed.

So TL:DR is more or less

Faction imbalance could ruin this event.

Gear requirements could ruin this event.

Unless this event still rewards players who keep throwing themselves into the meat grinder this will probably cost the game players instead of bringing them back.

Edited by Kenj