HM FP: You Caused Wipe, I Need on Your Gear for Repair

itsmymillertime

Yeah, that's still true. When I decided I couldn't afford to help the new players in flash points any more, I simply stopped using Group Finder. There's no reason to be a jerk about it.

I totally understand being upset over repair fees, but folks running around acting like selfish gits isn't helping anyone.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, that's still true. When I decided I couldn't afford to help the new players in flash points any more, I simply stopped using Group Finder. There's no reason to be a jerk about it.

Same here. There are still many people among us who can't bring ourselves to such a low level, so the only thing left for us to do is stop taking part in random runs completely. I'm not a part of the guild myself (tried to be before, but i don't log often and when i do i'm not active enough, so always found myself being kicked because of that), i also don't make enough credits to afford wipefests, so the only option left for me is to stop doing FP's altogether, low and high level ones alike.

If the repair costs are not fixed soon, i can't see myself playing this game any longer after i finish leveling my alts.

Not much to say that hasn't been said already. But personally, I will put anyone (non-guildmate ofc) on ignore that I see needing on other people's gear without asking ahead of time. I don't care what excuse you have. And no, I'm not a noob in Greens and Blues, I'm an experienced healer in Campaign/Black Hole/Dread Guard. If you don't want to play with noobs leave the group, or vote kick until you get someone in acceptable gear.

This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win

First off how do we know your not the retarded player. As a tank i am always blown away how fast the group automaticaly blames the tank while the break CC , dont use CC and fail to focus fire any targets. half the time people dont follow you when your leading them through short cuts and expecting tanks to control 8 to 10 mobs on 2 gold 4 silvers and 4 minions. there are several pulls in HM FP's that require CC and just general paying attention to the mobs. Jugg tanks have very little aggro management for multiple mobs and horrible DPS to hold multiple mobs so CC'ing is a must. and if your in an un expierenced group take charge mark targets explain mechanics . Behaving like a Douche and taking peoples loot who need it makes you the newb . though repair costs are a ridiculous money sink thats not the players fault its EAoware and the azz backwards devolpment of this game. you would have never survived in a game like early EQ 2, you would have been run off the server.

This weekend was the first time I had a bunch of people who were under-geared and without knowledge of the fights. Some people still do not know about the free gear for pvp and pve and people, especially tanks who dont know the fights never say I am new, yet their actions clearly show me they are new and I ask them. Only after a few wipes do people admit to being new.

Because of this I feel to need on the loot at the end to cover the expense of the repair bill I have waiting for me because of others not knowing the fights, unnecessary pulls, tanking in dps gear etc. Most people do these are over geared and know the fights and just want fast comm runs.

Anyone else feel the urge to take their loot and move on? Getting put on their ignore list helps keep mine clear and I dont have to worry about grouping with them again.

Win - Win

I also get annoyed when people show up under geared. There really is no excuse for that and I wish there was a way of checking this before committing to a run.

I have no problem with people not familiar with the runs. Most people skip flashpoints while leveling and only start doing them when they hit 50. Everyone was new at some point so I tend to have a lot of patience when it comes to this.

Your "solution" is bad and it's the kind that earns you a bad rep in the community. Our guild makes sure to keep an eye out for people like you who need qear that doesn't fit and screws someone else out of stuff they need. I have a few that I've met in PUGS and they are always put on a list and banned from ever participating in anything. Any time I see them in the future, I always whisper to their group members that they are playing with a loot stealer.

Thankfully, players like you are rare on Bergerans Colony.

First off how do we know your not the retarded player. As a tank i am always blown away how fast the group automaticaly blames the tank while the break CC , dont use CC and fail to focus fire any targets. half the time people dont follow you when your leading them through short cuts and expecting tanks to control 8 to 10 mobs on 2 gold 4 silvers and 4 minions. there are several pulls in HM FP's that require CC and just general paying attention to the mobs. Jugg tanks have very little aggro management for multiple mobs and horrible DPS to hold multiple mobs so CC'ing is a must. and if your in an un expierenced group take charge mark targets explain mechanics . Behaving like a Douche and taking peoples loot who need it makes you the newb . though repair costs are a ridiculous money sink thats not the players fault its EAoware and the azz backwards devolpment of this game. you would have never survived in a game like early EQ 2, you would have been run off the server.

I was thinking the same thing when posting my reply. On SWG, the OP would have been banned from every city in the game. He wouldn't have been able buy gear and no one would have grouped with him. Sometimes I miss the old ways for this very reason.

Seems that you are attempting to justify bad behavior here.

If someone hits my mailbox with their car, it does not give me the right to rob their house as payment. There are proper means by which one must attain "justice". Stealing or participating in underhanded tactics is not one of them.

Your repair bills have nothing to do with loot gained or lost.

If someone talks in a movie do you steal their cellphone as compensation too?

Whatever happened to good old fashioned ragequitting?

All of the above ^^

All of the above ^^

I understand and agree with your points but, This is gonna screw all newbie's because no one is going to take on an outrageous repair bill in order to train someone they dont even know in the 1st place. Also why should a tank subsidize a whole teams repair bill because that's essentially what a tank would be doing now. The Tanks should have a reduced repair bill.

So not only do you act terrible in the FP you feel immediately taking all loot and sticking them all on ignore is the "way forward".

Can you tell me your character names and which server you are on? Just so I don't run in to you.

Miller has a point. He has never been a jerk on these forums. If Miller is going this route: SOMETHING IS WRONG. :cool:

Edited by Urael

Maybe we're all EA insiders.

Anyone else remember the accusations? Urael=Andrayah=Andrea

We used to have really nutty people and trolls on these forums.

I don't think I ever thought that about Urael, but I still do have my thoughts on Andrayah... :rolleyes:

op this post is a load of garbage. If the group is clearly uneducated you can leave and let them fail. If there under-geared and you can see this right away then you should kick them. That's what you do. You don't suffer, needlessly racking up your own personal repair bill because your too stupid to kick, or drop yourself. If by chance the group does finish, and you need for that item that may cost 17k your a load of crap. 17k won't fix much and all your doing is pissing people off.

If its clear they don't know what there doing, you leave...and try again - or better yet..join a causal or hardcore raid/fp/op guild. If someone is clearly under-geared or acting like a bunch of nuts then you kick them..its very simple.

What a stupid argument, you caused wipe i need to repair....get out of here you ninja!

How about you act like the "superior" player you are and point them in the right direction instead of harshing on them for their shortage of knowledge?

Not everyone will think you are teaching them, some will think you are bossing them around or take other offenses. I do try to teach but when they lie or dont care and continue to do stupid things, well....ya know.

Not everyone will think you are teaching them, some will think you are bossing them around or take other offenses. I do try to teach but when they lie or dont care and continue to do stupid things, well....ya know.

again - just leave. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out if there is a problem or many problems within the group. If there NOT listening, then you should leave. Otherwise your guilty of your own damaged gear. Why beat a rock against yourself if it hurts? Never should you need roll on anything, unless you NEED it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.