What do "You" expect from your healer?

xNYROx

i like my heals to sit back and heal the guy getting focused if possible otherwise spread the love. thats what i do and it works well. what i dont like is a heal that thinks they should be one of 2 people defending a node. help the majority. someone else can take D

i like my heals to sit back and heal the guy getting focused if possible otherwise spread the love. thats what i do and it works well. what i dont like is a heal that thinks they should be one of 2 people defending a node. help the majority. someone else can take D

I have actually ran with the group to capture a node, and been the only one left standing as everyone else runs off.."hey guys someone needs to stay and defend..it shouldn't be your healer"...falls on deaf ears..

I really enjoy healing in PVP, and would much rather heal the group, spread the love, but being left alone at an objective to defend happens more times than I care to count..

When I heal i keep it simple...

Make sure I am Healing and keeping the grou alive to the best of my ability while also staying semi out of the way so i do not get focused as often(I find this gives us a general and easy to understand advantage)

I also try to CC when possible...Recognizing that not only heals but "utility" is also a healers job, it makes the dps have a much easier time and allows your guard to protect you alot easier.

I have actually ran with the group to capture a node, and been the only one left standing as everyone else runs off.."hey guys someone needs to stay and defend..it shouldn't be your healer"...falls on deaf ears..

I really enjoy healing in PVP, and would much rather heal the group, spread the love, but being left alone at an objective to defend happens more times than I care to count..

QFT. I can't tell you how many times on my healer as soon as the node is secure the whole team runs off and unless I want to leave it unguarded I get stuck behind. A healer should never be the one to solo defend a node, you are much more useful healing the pack wherever the action is at.

As a healer, I feel like other healers need to be able to heal targets being focused, know how to defend themselves if they get one on them and no one is available to help out just yet, CLEANSE, and basically knowing when to use your CC to help out when you can't heal through multiple targets.

I won't guard a node unless we over stocked on healers and that's because I play operative and as much as I like big numbers, I can also help out other ways with my utility to keep would be attackers at bay, basically playing my role and not trying to simply heal, heal, heal. Other healers, like sages, have utility to use as well so whichever you play, work that in to help the team not get overwhelmed. They have great knock back to help out, the bubble, and some cc. I have never played a merc/commando so I do not know as much about their utility.

It comes with practice, of course. But I think those things make up a good healer on the team.

Edited by Master_Nate

Defending for the DPS falls of deaf ears and never does stay to defend the node and if you as a healer stay and get you butt kicked you get blamed for loseing the node and L2P statement pushed in ur face DPS needs to L2P as far as Im concerned PvP isnt all about killing the most enemy but infact the objective in the WZ is the main focus of a small % of the community and then they all whine about loseing and blame the innocent healer that was trying to win bye the defending the Node but can not do so as a sole defender! In War Defence is as Important as Offence as it is in any Ball game that we all love to play/watch, L2P guys alot of you suk at PvP/WZ's.

QFT. I can't tell you how many times on my healer as soon as the node is secure the whole team runs off and unless I want to leave it unguarded I get stuck behind. A healer should never be the one to solo defend a node, you are much more useful healing the pack wherever the action is at.

Happens ALL The time.

... A healer should never be the one to solo defend a node...

I wish everyone would at least consider this as they dash off to the next call out.

You are gimping your team tons by leaving your healer there

(you should be happy you even have one, guard them like you would a billion creds).

The fact that they even stay there after the dps train choo-choo's to the next spot might tell you they have some awareness of the WZ, when the rest of the team is in tunnel vision kill-mode.

Help them to help you. Help them to help you. Help them to help you.

of course, all healers are not good players by default...

but, if you leave them alone to defend a cap, you'll never know

healers need to communicate which opponent to peel/taunt. this is as much a team issue as a healer one. pug grps and reg wz's are hopeless in this regard. but with all the cc that a guardian tank has, no single dps should ever be able to so much as touch his healer -- when the two communicate properly.

I wish everyone would at least consider this as they dash off to the next call out.

You are gimping your team tons by leaving your healer there

(you should be happy you even have one, guard them like you would a billion creds).

The fact that they even stay there after the dps train choo-choo's to the next spot might tell you they have some awareness of the WZ, when the rest of the team is in tunnel vision kill-mode.

Help them to help you. Help them to help you. Help them to help you.

of course, all healers are not good players by default...

but, if you leave them alone to defend a cap, you'll never know

It truely does take someone with good awareness to be just an "OK" healer....but ALL of the GOOD healers are very aware of their surroundings and what is going on. I truely feel healers are probably the most under appreciated role in WZ.

Healers must always remember the

, Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive, and Dodge!

Seriously though, it's somewhat true. The best healers don't just stand there while guarded, spamming heals. They know when it's better to hold still and spam heals as well as when they need to move around within the guard radius to make themselves less of a target. Where to go to line of sight as many of the opponents while keeping their heal target in sight. When it's better to use their own cc's to lessen incoming damage and possibly escape or regroup than it is to just keep healing. And like in dodgeball, how to find the bigger, stronger, better players and stick with them.

Sorc healers should have everyone bubbled at the start of the wz. Total facepalm every time I see a sorc healer that doesn't use bubble as their "opener" in their rotation. Even if they fix the stun, it's still the best heal in the game.

Honestly, i expect nothing from a healer.

Playing normal warzones, i expect nothing from anyone. It's annoying as **** to get grouped with bads, ofcourse, but seeing as expectations in pugs only leads to disappointment i've tried getting used to not relying on it.

On the other hand, if the healer announces himself/herself, and i put up an effort to peel/taunt for said healer, i expect some decent throughput in return.

Yup , happens to me all the time because all of the Dee Pee Essers think they gotta go lol. Then I see everyone's health dropping because of one player lol.

Edited by Sleprock

^ So true.

The entire group abandoned a sage healer (partial EWH so she SHOULD have been mid healing their butts) to guard on AH. The only person who bothered to notice who was guarding and relieve her was me, the only other healer on the team (partial EWH and who should have ALSO been healing mid so that we had the fewest deaths possible).

I relieved her because I'm a commando healer and mildly less squishy than her and then tried to call on one of the DPS (multiple heavy armor ones and one GS who could have entrenched and avoided stuns) but no one bothered to come. So it was me and her swapping back and forth when we got tired of healing their stupidity (no guards, no taunts from the DPS spec tank classes, no peels, standing in AoEs while not stunned inside of them, etc.).