Is it time we apologise?

ImperialHippy

I'd appreciate it more if there community relation team would would communicate more. Look at the Q&A Blizzard does, its like at 50 question long every week or two. Tons of issues are addressed. From pvp, to pve, to public test realm to character creation, story line development. Blizz does the math for spell and abilities issues, they have community contest with cool prizes, they have pets for sale for real life cash to help Sandy relief.:mad: Why doesnt BW do this?:confused:

Less SOE, more Blizzard.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forums are full of complains.Many of them has no logic , stupid little details.As an example , Its been years since mmo players are begging for a game which has large playable areas. Now some players of swtor are complaining because they spend most of their time on travel. Those people will complain if they play an other mmo too. They are here because they complained on forums of their old mmo , decided to quit that game , join swtor .They cant go back to their 9 year old mmo because they are pretty sure that they are bored but their urge to complain on swtor never ends. Only solution for them is to forum ignore them. Therefore you dont see their posts , threads. As many people wont react to trolls they wont have attention and courage to flame , complain and troll.

So just put them on your forum ignore list

Simple. Economics 101. As a customer, I vote with my dollars. So... if you don't get the communication/support that you need? Spend your money elsewhere. Much more effective than the endless QQ we see in these forums that bury the rare nugget of insight.

I can't make it any simpler for you, should you not know what I'm talking about.

Not when the proprietor holds a monopoly, or a specific product that can be gained nowhere else.

As a business owner I would hope that a customer would express their displeasure with a product, yell in my face if need be, so as to grant me an opportunity to rectify it rather then have them just cease purchasing the product.

Customer feedback, complaints are vital to the success of any business. We have to know what our customers desire.

Not when the proprietor holds a monopoly, or a specific product that can be gained nowhere else.

As a business owner I would hope that a customer would express their displeasure with a product, yell in my face if need be, so as to grant me an opportunity to rectify it rather then have them just cease purchasing the product.

Customer feedback, complaints are vital to the success of any business. We have to know what our customers desire.

Hmm... BW has a monopoly on MMOs? Nah, bro. There are plenty of other MMOs. Lightsabers are not a deal breaker. It's like different nuances of vanilla ice cream. BTW, criticism and complaints are not at issue here as I mentioned in a previous post.

But again, the best way to voice your displeasure? Take your money away. It seems that there is an incessant need to carry on here. Hating SWTOR is a political movement for some. It's not enough to walk away. For some reason, customers think they would and could do better as owners. But we know, most cusotmers don't have the skill or the patience to produce or manage an MMO of any flavor.

BTW, I don't think we are really in disagreement here although the approaches are different. I don't need to yell at the owner to make them better. I just don't really care that much about them to be honest. I just wont be a patron anymore.

Edited by Rafaman

but what if its us thats really to blame?

Definitely do not blame players and forums.:rolleyes:

Poor game quality > worst Support ever > broken patches one after one > too many broken promises + SOON > bad player base reaction > whines > .... > F2P

Too many stages in this ****... :rak_01:

Apologize? Really? What kind of beta crap is this? You PAY for this product and aren't happy with it, so you have the right to complain. The people that work on this game get PAID to do it. They aren't a charity. I'd say that almost all the criticism of this game is deserved, as shown by the number of people that cancelled their subscriptions and the FTP conversion so early. If a company can't make a good MMO, which is readily apparent here, DON'T MAKE IT. Apologizing to a company for their own incompetence is just as bad as liking a company page on Facebook.

With regards to employee happiness, I think it's pretty safe to say that most people are miserable at work to begin with. That's why it's called work and not play. Why do you think so many people play the lotto? They don't want to work.

If you honestly expect anything to change because of your beta gesture, LOL at you. They already have your money and will happily take more.

This.

Hmm... BW has a monopoly on MMOs? Nah, bro. There are plenty of other MMOs. Lightsabers are not a deal breaker. It's like different nuances of vanilla ice cream. BTW, criticism and complaints are not at issue here as I mentioned in a previous post.

But again, the best way to voice your displeasure? Take your money away. It seems that there is an incessant need to carry on here. Hating SWTOR is a political movement for some. It's not enough to walk away. For some reason, customers think they would and could do better as owners. But we know, most cusotmers don't have the skill or the patience to produce or manage an MMO of any flavor.

BTW, I don't think we are really in disagreement here although the approaches are different. I don't need to yell at the owner to make them better. I just don't really care that much about them to be honest. I just wont be a patron anymore.

Why does it have to be either or? People have every right to voice their displeasure AND speak with their money.

Just about every subscription service I can think of asks for feedback when someone cancels, so your philosophy of just silently walking away is clearly not what most of those companies actually want.

This is a decent game, in spite of the poor management, and poor direction, content being added a glacial pace. In fact all new content from here on in will be cartel market stuff. Still a good game. I guess a million monkeys typing can create Shakespear.

However there will be no apology. In fact, I believe they owe us an apology.

I take it you haven't played Funcom's other big MMORPG, Anarchy Online. They've had a graphics engine rewrite project going on for six years. During that time they've gone through three different engines and made countless promises of it being out in half a year, none of which they've kept. There's been an equally big rebalancing project going on for nearly the same amount of time, with similar broken promises. This inability to make and keep schedules was one of the reasons why I left that game after playing it for five years.

At least on the forums, it's equally hard to get dev responses from Funcom as from Bioware. Ingame, you generally had to wait several hours for a GM to contact you in AO. Even when there were no other tickets in the queue before you. I haven't encountered any serious issues in SW:TOR yet that would have necessitated immediate GM intervention, so I can't compare to Bioware customer service here.

Having played AO for 8 years, TSW for a good 5 months, I do feel I know a bit about the customer support they offer - and they do for most of the time actually respond to you about your issues. It's not always that you can get your issues solved but you don't in swtor neither (I got the email telling me to suck it up :D ).

However, without GMs roaming the play fields, you don't get sitautions like in AO where GMs disband guilds by mistake (which causes said guilds to lose player owned city and bases taken through mass pvp with no restoration possible)