******** PVPers on Tatooine.

WonderLlama-Con

So I'm level 30, questing in Dune Sea area. I roll up to outpost Therzon to pick up the quests in the area.

It is literally FULL of Imperial Red Level 50 players, slaughtering every guard NPC.

I was not flagged when I entered. But somehow I BECAME flagged when they clicked on me. They proceeded to spawn kill me and every other inhabitant of the SAFE TOWN for the next 10 or so minutes, before I became angry and disconnected. My guild tells me they are STILL THERE killing.

This is on the PVE RP server Ebon Hawk.

This is crap, that is all.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should probably retitle this to reflect its occurrence on a PVE server, not a PVP one. I came into this thread with my trolling pants on.

That definitely shouldn't be happening on PVE servers. PVP servers? It should be encouraged. But not on PVE.

Go to a pve server.

At least read the guy's post before you try and get smart.

Edited by ktkenshinx

You should probably retitle this to reflect its occurrence on a PVE server, not a PVP one. I came into this thread with my trolling pants on.

That definitely shouldn't be happening on PVE servers. PVP servers? It should be encouraged. But not on PVE.

At least read the guy's post before you try and get smart.

did it too late :_

So I'm level 30, questing in Dune Sea area. I roll up to outpost Therzon to pick up the quests in the area.

It is literally FULL of Imperial Red Level 50 players, slaughtering every guard NPC.

I was not flagged when I entered. But somehow I BECAME flagged when they clicked on me. They proceeded to spawn kill me and every other inhabitant of the SAFE TOWN for the next 10 or so minutes, before I became angry and disconnected. My guild tells me they are STILL THERE killing.

This is on the PVE RP server Ebon Hawk.

This is crap, that is all.

First of all your on a OPEN WORLD PvP Planet Where there is No Safe Place/Safe Town so you should know that this could happen at anytime. Second of all if you got flagged it was likely you using a AOE of somekind. I'm also on a PvE Server And this happens every weekend, hell I even lead some of the teams that steam roll the republic bases. Don't use your server type as an excuse to complain when you run into a group of pvpers.

How do you know they clicked on you? And why would that cause you to become flagged? o.O. I didn't know that could happen. BW need to fix this.

clicking on a unflagged player will not auto flag them. but if the unflagged player uses a aoe attack close to a flagged player he gets flagged. if that same unflagged player uses a healing power on a npc thats under attack then that player gets flagged

Not sure how it happened but there are least 2 easy exploits to flag and gank pve players. It is bad design, tat is not an open pvp world...unless on a PVP server. It's why players roll on a pve server: to avoid people like this. Outlaws Den is indeed a pvp area but the planet is not a an open pvp planet unless on a pvp server (where one assumes all planets are essentially).

Not sure how it happened but there are least 2 easy exploits to flag and gank pve players. It is bad design, tat is not an open pvp world...unless on a PVP server. It's why players roll on a pve server: to avoid people like this. Outlaws Den is indeed a pvp area but the planet is not a an open pvp planet unless on a pvp server (where one assumes all planets are essentially).

tat as a whole isn't but if you attack a flagged rep or imp then it becomes pvp like but they must be flagged, infact it's not just tat. alderaan voss hoth correlia they are all pve by design but pvp can be instigated if the oppontant is flagged.

tat as a whole isn't but if you attack a flagged rep or imp then it becomes pvp like but they must be flagged, infact it's not just tat. alderaan voss hoth correlia they are all pve by design but pvp can be instigated if the oppontant is flagged.

That can be done anywhere it seems, I am not certain what happened to this player, but my point was that there are easy ways to get a pve player flagged. There are at least 2 easy ways (maybe only 2 now) to get an unflagged player flagged ( whch do not require the unflagged player to actually attack or heal a flagged player, AoE included...sneaky little exploits) , so griefers exploit these methods.Sadly, gives pvp players a bad name. It's a griefer thing, not something a real pvp player would do but that makes little difference to person who rolled on a pve server and gets griefed.

What happened in this instance, I don't know. But really it isn't cool on a pve server. It can only make issues.

Would be nice if they really could just totally seperate pve and pvp, and let everyone be happy. Or make a toggle in prefs, for no auto flagging, and no possibility to heal or harm a flagged player. Maybe that is some kinda coding nightmare, I don't know.

If you are around tattooine now join in

Why does everyone want Open World, yet never turn up when its on :)

What kind of idiot roles on a PVE-RP if they want open world PvP when PVP servers are available? :confused:

Seriously. As funny as I think it is hearing people on a PvE server whine about getting ganked when it pretty much is acceptable and expected on a PvP server; they do have a point that the server they chose should not be set up this way. Isn't that the whole point of having seperate types of servers?