CSR number is no longer Toll Free = You are paying to be on hold!!

fatninja

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny this would make this toll change right after a super buggy patch ... sounds like it was bugged intentionally now, to make lots of people call

If anything, they would be trying to get people to not call after releasing a buggy patch. They gain nothing making lots of people call with this new number.

Well, good thing I was able to call them yesterday using the Toll Free number. Though it didn't help with my billing problem. They are still saying its the card issuers fault, yet Blizzard has no problem accepting it. Even SoE accepts it. So yup, it's the cards fault.

hey u guys are lucky. i cant even call the number. i get a dial tone and then a voice saying i need to type an area code along with 7 other digits? ***?

i tried 312,321,123, none of these work at the beggining of call#. i tried 1-800 and get nothing. then i try a different code like 713, or 281 and get some hispanic women both times! first i was on hold last week now ur just dodging my calls!?!?!

im pretty sure i called the right number but it was in fact different before the patch.

hey u guys are lucky. i cant even call the number. i get a dial tone and then a voice saying i need to type an area code along with 7 other digits? ***?

i tried 312,321,123, none of these work at the beggining of call#. i tried 1-800 and get nothing. then i try a different code like 713, or 281 and get some hispanic women both times! first i was on hold last week now ur just dodging my calls!?!?!

im pretty sure i called the right number but it was in fact different before the patch.

Living in Mexico, I definatly can not call it now. :mad:

I manage at a very large tech support department and standard practice for any support group is you want to push users to other media than phone. Why? Simple phone takes a lot of your bandwidth you can only have 1 to 1 ratio with phone 1 agent for 1 phone call. Where with Chat you can have up to as many Chats to 1 agent as they can handle, and email is even better as 1 agent can rocket through many email in a shift. Also you can manage quality of interaction much better with chat and email compared to phone. So this isn't that big of a deal. Edited by LukeSaberRattler

Well, good thing I was able to call them yesterday using the Toll Free number. Though it didn't help with my billing problem. They are still saying its the card issuers fault, yet Blizzard has no problem accepting it. Even SoE accepts it. So yup, it's the cards fault.

I worked for the Card Services for a bank, and declines are 99.9% caused by the issuing bank. Did you call your issuer and ask them to look at why the transaction is declining? The merchant charging the transaction can't tell, that information isn't given to them, all they can say is if it was approved or declined.

They can't really do anything on their end to prevent your card from processing. When a transaction occurs the card and other verification information, like street number, zip code, CCV, cardholder name, and transaction amount, are sent to Visa/MasterCard, who then forward it to the issuing bank for them to approve or decline it.

Wow...just simply wow!

I'd like to say everyone here is smart enough to realize, that if you have a PC - and I'm guessing you do, because your positing on this thread - that your aware you can call for FREE via Skype right?

Why would anyone call from a phone anyways? What...your PC doesn't allow outbound calling...yet you can play an MMO? Or you were smart enough to load this forum - but not smart enough to see that Skype #?

I've called once....put the "hold" onto my computers speakers and walked away till I heard someone pick up.........it surprising to even SEE threads like this.

Welcome to the Age of the Internet....... :p

I manage at a very large tech support department and standard practice for any support group is you want to push users to other media than phone. Why? Simple phone takes a lot of your bandwidth you can only have 1 to 1 ratio with phone 1 agent for 1 phone call. Where with Chat you can have up to as many Chats to 1 agent as they can handle, and email is even better as 1 agent can rocket through many email in a shift. Also you can manage quality of interaction much better with chat and email compared to phone. So this isn't that big of a deal.

That's fine for most problems. But there are times when you have to call to get something fixed. Anything Account related must be done by phone. So, as an example. You need to call CSR number when you want to remove a authenticator. You are now being forced to call and be put on hold.

That's fine for most problems. But there are times when you have to call to get something fixed. Anything Account related must be done by phone. So, as an example. You need to call CSR number when you want to remove a authenticator. You are now being forced to call and be put on hold.

It of course comes down to policies of the support group but the best method is if it takes more than 2 email messages back and forth you should setup a call back for the end user. This way you only spend the bandwidth of a call when absolutely necessary. You also avoid the user having to sit on hold waiting and instead call them when an agent is available.

Wow...just simply wow!

I'd like to say everyone here is smart enough to realize, that if you have a PC - and I'm guessing you do, because your positing on this thread - that your aware you can call for FREE via Skype right?

Why would anyone call from a phone anyways? What...your PC doesn't allow outbound calling...yet you can play an MMO? Or you were smart enough to load this forum - but not smart enough to see that Skype #?

I've called once....put the "hold" onto my computers speakers and walked away till I heard someone pick up.........it surprising to even SEE threads like this.

Sometimes you do not have a computer in front of you and you want to get some errands done. So, you use a phone.

Edited by fatninja

Wow...just simply wow!

Maybe ... I don't know.... Because they TELL you to call them. Look at the link they give people in the CS forum.... Look at the numbers they give... They are PHONE NUMBERS....

Perhaps that is why people call...

Wow...just simply wow!

Say the kid with super cool acc name DarkkChaos that always sit near the PC and still feel he's so smart but can't answer question like "Why would anyone call from a phone anyways" :rolleyes:

Sometimes you do not have a computer in front of you and you want to get some errands done. So, you use a phone.

like a cell phone? that has free long distance? or unlimited minutes? Hard to call from a land line when you are getting errands done

the only thing that sucks about this is I can't use skype to call them anymore... well to be fair i've only had to call them once and my problem got fixed in 15 mins.... so...

Edited by sstanks

I worked for the Card Services for a bank, and declines are 99.9% caused by the issuing bank. Did you call your issuer and ask them to look at why the transaction is declining? The merchant charging the transaction can't tell, that information isn't given to them, all they can say is if it was approved or declined.

They can't really do anything on their end to prevent your card from processing. When a transaction occurs the card and other verification information, like street number, zip code, CCV, cardholder name, and transaction amount, are sent to Visa/MasterCard, who then forward it to the issuing bank for them to approve or decline it.

Yes.

Multiple times. The card issuer (American Express) has stated that there was nothing blocking the transaction on their end.

Wow...just simply wow!

Skype is only free if your calling another Skype account.

Toll Free numbers on Skype are only free up to 3 hours, trust me I used it all on my call recently and I was on hold for most of it.

I'm sure some of you dont believe this after that hilarious post we had a week or two ago. Well, see for yourselves.

http://www.swtor.com/support/form

Contact Us By Phone

You can contact our Customer Service team over the phone for the price of a local call by calling the numbers listed below:

USA: (312)725-5740

UK: (020) 356 45 481

Germany: (069) 99 991 5590 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)

France: (0157) 324 728 (Phone support available from 13.00 CET - 01.00 CET)

Please note: Calls made from landlines are local-rate, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to additional charges from your provider.

If you’re calling from a country that is not listed above, please see this FAQ: http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/5200 for more information about contacting our Customer Service team.

The more EAWare continues it's shenanigans, the more I love my signature. :)

They don't have to be toll free honestly. They aren't charging you. The phone company is. What you are asking for is them to eat the cost of YOUR phone call.

I can understand most complaints on this forum even if i don't totally agree with them. But not this one.

Edited by Desiirea

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.