The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Finally, we can get medals for defending nodes in Hypergate

Z-ToXiN

Still didn't encourage anyone to guard with me, so that when 3 showed up to take our pylon we lost it (no one came for the "inc" call either). :mad:

Tell me about it. Worst thing is that everybody said "call out incoming" and I did, once when I saw them, once fighting, and once from respawn.

The problem is calling out Inc is worthless if NOBODY COMES!

**** you Bioware, you've just made ninja capping 50x harder because now people have a reason to guard.

On a side note, glad that I'm finally being rewarded for guarding the node. People don't realise how freakin' boring it is just sitting there for the entire match, the only reason you ever go to mid is when it is about to explode. Plus I've become 70% more paranoid due to Ninja Cappers. So it's good to get rewarded.

Plus I've become 70% more paranoid due to Ninja Cappers. So it's good to get rewarded.

Oh man, I am *so* paranoid about ninja cappers. I turn on blackout as soon as we get down to about 25 seconds, just so they (hopefully) can't mezz me.

Still didn't encourage anyone to guard with me, so that when 3 showed up to take our pylon we lost it (no one came for the "inc" call either). :mad:
I don't know if it's because I've played other games on a competitive level or if people just lack common sense but most of the "incs" shouldnt even be needed, IMO. People should be able to think ahead and move before it becomes urgent. But it fails in every game, you have south and natural on Novare, enemies are attacking your natural, your team mates, who should have been there before the inc came seeing that south was empty, come to help and then just linger there when it's clear. Isnt it pretty much a given that the one guy they left at south now is fighting 7 or so enemies? Happens every time. Are people not able to count in this game, is that it? One would think that someone every now and then would go "hmmm, there are 7 of us here...doesnt that mean that....." Edited by Washingtoon

I don't know if it's because I've played other games on a competitive level or if people just lack common sense but most of the "incs" shouldnt even be needed, IMO. People should be able to think ahead and move before it becomes urgent. But it fails in every game, you have south and natural on Novare, enemies are attacking your natural, your team mates, who should have been there before the inc came seeing that south was empty, come to help and then just linger there when it's clear. Isnt it pretty much a given that the one guy they left at south now is fighting 7 or so enemies? Happens every time. Are people not able to count in this game, is that it? One would think that someone every now and then would go "hmmm, there are 7 of us here...doesnt that mean that....."

The problem being that most PvPers are too stupid or ignorant to think like that. They're either "Durrr, me see no enemies here, but big guard no call Inc at South yet so they must be safe", or "pfft, why should *I* have to go back to South, my other teammates will obviously do it for me and win us the match".

People just hate guarding

Guarding is a thankless job. As a person guarding the nodes and being vigilant calling incs ect. you play a key role in your teams success but at the end of the game your dps or healing score will likely take a giant loss because you weren't where all the actions at. Others will just see you as a leech on the team because your at the bottom of the scoreboard but without you the team wouldn't have won.

Guarding is a thankless job. As a person guarding the nodes and being vigilant calling incs ect. you play a key role in your teams success but at the end of the game your dps or healing score will likely take a giant loss because you weren't where all the actions at. Others will just see you as a leech on the team because your at the bottom of the scoreboard but without you the team wouldn't have won.

Objective points are cuddly.

The problem being that most PvPers are too stupid or ignorant to think like that. They're either "Durrr, me see no enemies here, but big guard no call Inc at South yet so they must be safe", or "pfft, why should *I* have to go back to South, my other teammates will obviously do it for me and win us the match".

I think also there's a type of tunnel vision. They get focused on killing that last enemy, and don't bother to notice it's the *last* enemy. I try to watch numbers and adjust auto-magically, but I notice myself doing that once in a while. Then I say to myself, "oh crap, you are stupid", and try to get to the "other" node and hope it's in time. :D

I've had 1 (ONE!) time where I spent the entire CW match solo guarding our side node, was attacked several times, called out incs, delayed, got help in a timely fashion, and we won... and the leader actually gave a shout out to me at the end and I got a ton of MVP votes. One of those rare moments were you swear you queued for a PUG, but you somehow ended up with a TEAM instead. :)