Damned if they Do, Damned if they Don't

Apollo-Rayne

I also completely fail to see why so many are VEHEMENTLY against there being TWO armor sets, one that looks like the armor originally looked, and one that looks like the armor looks now. BW then allows for an exchange and both items can be bought, with real money, moving into the future. EVERYONE wins.

This seems like the best solution to me as well.

I actually think both versions of both sets look good, but with the change the Spymaster chest no longer suits my sith assassin; it looks more agent-y. I'd like the chance to have it as it was for my assassin, but if it was available in both versions then I might grab one of the second type for Mako or Vette.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Known bug to people who come to the forums. Back to my example. You bring your now pink shirt back and they tell you "oh it's been on kohl.com for weeks now, you should have known. No refund." :rolleyes:

Oh wait..

The website and forums within are the official source of information regarding bugs, known issues,patch notes, and ignorance isn't an excuse.

The website and forums within are the official source of information regarding bugs, known issues,patch notes, and ignorance isn't an excuse.

Come on now. It's completely reasonable for a person to have looked at a piece of armor, checked it on their toon using the preview tool, and purchased it based on that. The vast majority of people would have no reason to think it would change.

What perspectvie is that? We bought something after trying it on to see how it looks. We bought it with money. BW in their infinite wisdom, changes it. This is total fail on their part. They are doing nothing but generating mistrust in all things from the cartel store.

No you didn't. Most people get it off the GTN since it's a fairly rare drop. I only just got it on a newbie agent I wanted for her, but that was after MANY MANY packs I've been getting since these packs first came out.

Some people DID pay actual money for them and they have aright to be disgruntled. But don;t lump everyone into that. Cause most did not.

No you didn't. Most people get it off the GTN since it's a fairly rare drop. I only just got it on a newbie agent I wanted for her, but that was after MANY MANY packs I've been getting since these packs first came out.

Some people DID pay actual money for them and they have aright to be disgruntled. But don;t lump everyone into that. Cause most did not.

Well, let's not disregard the people who bought a few dozen packs hoping for the chestpiece and finding it never drops, but trading the contents of their packs on the GTN to buy the Chestpiece? People who got it from the GTN might well have spent a fortune on packs too, but were simply unlucky. That makes people who eventually got the thing from the GTN, but who DID spend a lot of real money on it. So whether someone bought it for credits or got it from a pack him/her self, or whether that pack was bought with cartel coins or credits doesn't matter!

Bioware should of pulled the Cartel Pack from the game when they realized the gear didn't match the advert, instead they left it in the game for over a month with people buying it on the GTN thinking this is what the gear is suppose to look like....

I'm wondering more about the changes to the trailblazer gear and others that seemed to appear exactly as advertised. I'm not complaining since I actually like the look of the gear post patch, but I could see why people would be extremely irked about this change if it messed up their current customization look.

I didn't pay real money for anything, but simply having to redo your outfit especially if a chest piece gets changed potentially having to redo the whole thing is a major hassle. Bioware should figure out some way to make amends though. Maybe just give everyone the old model of phantom gear or add the old model under a new name as social gear or at a very cheap price.

I'm wondering more about the changes to the trailblazer gear and others that seemed to appear exactly as advertised. I'm not complaining since I actually like the look of the gear post patch, but I could see why people would be extremely irked about this change if it messed up their current customization look.

I didn't pay real money for anything, but simply having to redo your outfit especially if a chest piece gets changed potentially having to redo the whole thing is a major hassle. Bioware should figure out some way to make amends though. Maybe just give everyone the old model of phantom gear or add the old model under a new name as social gear or at a very cheap price.

I am wondering this too, and I haven't seen an answer anywhere yet. Some gear changes (Trailblazer being as you say a prime example) could not reasonably have been foreseen by purchasers.

So many people have pointed out that simply giving current owners of the gear in question the option of choosing between 'old' and 'new' looks would keep everyone happy and undo most of any harm done. Can't understand why that simple option is not being offered.

There's a wider issue here, to do with how virtual items bought with real money are advertised, traded and supported.

If you go into a real world clothes shop, try on a shirt, are happy with it and take it home, you don't expect the shop to demand it back from you at a later date and alter it to a different design you're not happy with.

And so it should be with virtual items bought with real money. They might 'only' be pixels, but those pixels represent a definable product that once paid for and delivered needs to STAY the way it was delivered, unless there's an obvious fault (like a clipping issue).

For mis-advertised items this means you have to give buyers the opportunity to either keep the version they have received, exchange it for the new version or obtain a refund. This is how things work in the real world and its how things need to work virtually. And if a games company can't work out how to do that, or can't be bothered, then they shouldn't be in the buisness of selling virtual items.

For mis-advertised items this means you have to give buyers the opportunity to either keep the version they have received, exchange it for the new version or obtain a refund. This is how things work in the real world and its how things need to work virtually. And if a games company can't work out how to do that, or can't be bothered, then they shouldn't be in the buisness of selling virtual items.

This. EA/Bioware seem totally unaware of the obligations and expectations involved in introducing a real money aspect to the game. Which given that such an aspect features in many other games and could have been studied by them is..bewildering.

Here it is simple case of stupidity , you do not take away artistic looks people invested time and money into ...

you make a vendor where they can trade the looks ....

This is like a beginners mistake , you make people feel attached to there characters , then go ruining it ?

That is a big no no , in any virtual game !

Sorry this is a definetly miss directed resources with good intentions .

another classic example how not to run a virtual mmo , without proper consultations .