So, we wanted a fix for space combat heroics, and we got a nerf?

MorgothPl

I'm certain this is the reason for this nerf and the orginal space nerf, people BOTing 24/7 and racking up huge amounts of credits over time that way.

I'm sure for gold farmers it's basically free credits. :(

Great. Punish players for few botters. Just great. I didn't even play those missions yet because I was still gearing up my ship. Few I tried were very hard and I decided to postpone until I get new gear. Guess I am not even gonna touch them now. 1k is ridiculously low for an ultra-challenging, Heroic space mission. Easy and shorter daily quests can yield me 10 times this each.

In my opinion, this is the first step to nerfing credit-making for everyone. They are not happy with cartel market sales and they don't want players to purchase that stuff with credits so easily. That's why they released many items "accidentally" in the Blockade Runner's pack which were bop. They didn't fix them for quite a while. Why does it take few updates to remove gtn-posting restrictions on cm color crystals every time new ones are out?

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Second step they already nerfed drop rates to glory when they launched f2p. Sadly I'm inclined to agree that either they want to force people into using the CM or they want an excuse to completely kill space "we launched some new missions but no-one played them so we depriotised space"

Second step they already nerfed drop rates to glory when they launched f2p. Sadly I'm inclined to agree that either they want to force people into using the CM or they want an excuse to completely kill space "we launched some new missions but no-one played them so we depriotised space"

Possible...

I used to run space missions for credits all the time. They can be fun when you don't want to hassle with group content. But with the credit cut, my use of space missions is going to plummet. Glad I didn't spend any cartel credits on my ship upgrades... People who spent real money on those only to have the mission rewards greatly nerfed should be incensed.

Hey, here's an idea. How about perma-banning gold botters and stop diminishing the game for we players who actually play?

Also: If this is a power-play by BW to force me to use the Cartel market, it isn't going to work. I am a subscriber. I already pay for the priviledge of playing. You're not going to get more out of me.

Edited by DorkTrooper

Dont NORMAL space missions give more credits than that? Why are the HARDER ones rewarded LESS?

I Bought all the grade 7 ship parts off of the GTN for 25000 credits each, yep. Now I tried to do the missions. They are VERY hard. If not nearly impossible for me. And there is no reward. Why should I ever do them? There is not a reason. So I wont. That nerf effectively wasted the time of EVERYONE who made those space missions at BW. Might as well not have done it. lol.

Edited by Smuglebunny

Yes, top-grade spaceship gear is so expensive it's not even an investment anymore. You guys need to seriously start playing the game at least a little. You seriously seem unfamiliar with many things which are going on. It really felt bad when, in one of the cantina tours (?) someone asked about fixing the Foundry HK-47 bug when it becomes immune to everything and ports out of the middle safe zone and there is no way to take its invincibility off. Then it's just slowly shooting all the party members down. Every player experienced this common bug and yet the guys in charge of answering the question were like "What bug, what are you talking about? We never heard of it" and even laughed. Pathetic. Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Dont NORMAL space missions give more credits than that? Why are the HARDER ones rewarded LESS?

I Bought all the grade 7 ship parts off of the GTN for 25000 credits each, yep. Now I tried to do the missions. They are VERY hard. If not nearly impossible for me. And there is no reward. Why should I ever do them? There is not a reason. So I wont. That nerf effectively wasted the time of EVERYONE who made those space missions at BW. Might as well not have done it. lol.

You can do the entire list of old mission in about an hour and earn upwards of 100K credits. Do the bonuses and its even more. I used to do them all the time for a quick bit of spending money.

Twelve thousand credits for dailies that one can only do once per week is not alot of cash. Reducing that amount seems rather odd to me. The reasons even more as doing group content, ground dailies, farming mats are far more lucrative then space missions even prior to the nerf.

Edited by Blackardin

You can do the entire list of old mission in about an hour and earn upwards of 100K credits. Do the bonuses and its even more. I used to do them all the time for a quick bit of spending money.

Twelve thousand credits for dailies that one can only do once per week is not alot of cash. Reducing that amount seems rather odd to me. The reasons even more as doing group content, ground dailies, farming mats are far more lucrative then space missions even prior to the nerf.

But why? I can do Black Hole dailies in 20 minutes and get similar amount of credits.

I'll just stick to crafting and making few million a day.... Before bioware nerfs it completely because of the r/e xploit they didn't notice quick enough. Should have enough credits to keep me getting all cartel stuff I want 'til the game dies.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

So what I'm getting from all this is that some people are angry because they can't just grind credits on space missions all day long? Boo hoo for you.

I can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, I'm angry because this is yet another half-assed nonfix to a problem that just screws over players who had nothing to do with the real problem.

The problem was and still is botting. Not that the newer, much harder, expensive gear requiring, and technically higher level missions gave a higher reward (that followed the same progression as previous mission rewards by the way and is in no way out of balance when bots don't enter the picture).

I can't speak for everyone else, but in my case, I'm angry because this is yet another half-assed nonfix to a problem that just screws over players who had nothing to do with the real problem.

The problem was and still is botting. Not that the newer, much harder, expensive gear requiring, and technically higher level missions gave a higher reward (that followed the same progression as previous mission rewards by the way and is in no way out of balance when bots don't enter the picture).

Don't feed the trolls. Just click on user name, add to ignore list.

So what I'm getting from all this is that some people are angry because they can't just grind credits on space missions all day long? Boo hoo for you.

So what I'm getting from you is low reading comprehension and a non-contributing post. Let me guess: you're a PvPer.

And to answer an earlier post about running space missions vs black hole dailies: Yes, black hole dailies are usually a fast, easy run (once you have decent gear), but once in a while I've found it takes too long to get another person to run EoT. Space missions don't have that limitation.

So what I'm getting from you is low reading comprehension and a non-contributing post. Let me guess: you're a PvPer.

And to answer an earlier post about running space missions vs black hole dailies: Yes, black hole dailies are usually a fast, easy run (once you have decent gear), but once in a while I've found it takes too long to get another person to run EoT. Space missions don't have that limitation.

Limitation or not, I don't need to spend large amounts of time or few million credits to be able to run daily quests. New space missions are nearly impossible with pre 1.6 top-grade ship upgrades. For dailies I just slap my tionese I instantly get at level 50 and I am off. They're easy and fast. Each space mission is approx 5-8 minutes in length. Doing all black hole dailies (incl Torvix) takes me 20-25 minutes. It's not hard to find one player to duo that quest.

So what I wanted to say is that the investment in gear required for new space missions is not worth the effort. The rewards won't cover those few miillions you spent on gearing up.

I really wish this is a mistake which will be corrected. I used to play with people who claimed that they were botting space missions but they didn't make that much credits. And they were never caught. It would be nice for Bioware to develop tools which would allow for easy identification of a potential botter (getting flagged so you can later be investigated after doing space missions for 2-3 hours straight is a good start). But that's still not enough credits to be concerned with it and credit farmers. 10k to 1k must be a mistake.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

• 5 weeks later...
New space missions are nearly impossible with pre 1.6 top-grade ship upgrades.

Indeed that's true.

Actually, I can't even get past half-mission-time with lvl-7 systems installed on my ship. While even the "Impossible Sector" minefield sweep becomes even too easy, everytime I try a run in anyone of the new Heroic Space Missions I always end up ganked after just 3 mins from starting. Could be me, of course; could be the lag I suffer during Space Combat while on ground all it's always as smooth as oil; could be enything else...

One thing is sure though: I don't have the Space-Heroics' restart bug! As I could'n be able to complete just one yet...

:p

Indeed that's true.

Actually, I can't even get past half-mission-time with lvl-7 systems installed on my ship. While even the "Impossible Sector" minefield sweep becomes even too easy, everytime I try a run in anyone of the new Heroic Space Missions I always end up ganked after just 3 mins from starting. Could be me, of course; could be the lag I suffer during Space Combat while on ground all it's always as smooth as oil; could be enything else...

One thing is sure though: I don't have the Space-Heroics' restart bug! As I could'n be able to complete just one yet...

Have you tried turning everything down to the lowest setting and reducing the resolution to the lowest? Try it for the space missions :-)

Have you tried turning everything down to the lowest setting and reducing the resolution to the lowest? Try it for the space missions :-)

I did. Same result.

And the thing is something, let me say, "strange" as I run on highest-you-can't-ask-more graphics options on ground with no kind of issues while I'm forced to low things at minimum to be able to manage things in space...

Anyway ty for your suggestion. I guess all I have to do is just wait for something like lvl-14 space equipment to be able to manage things better while in the skies.