Sorc or Operative heals

TrumpetNut

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've seen sorcs in voidstar with over 700k healing so they definitely aren't gimped in pvp.

Thats cause they are padding the meters with their OP AoE heal. In Voidstar more than any other WZ people are most likely to be stacked up.

Edited by Dabrixmgp

Thats cause they are padding the meters with their OP AoE heal. In Voidstar more than any other WZ people are most likely to be stacked up.

The game before reading this I did 853k in bubble stuns.. and thats not even close to my highest voidstar in bubble stuns. The 700k+ is not about padding numbers. Healing is healing. The 700k+is about player skill...

And OP AOE in pvp?? It is a purple circle that is screaming for people to come smash in it! And thats if you get it off, which is incredibly difficult while being focused(which is always in ranked) What game do you play?

Edited by DeepFreese

They're both good healing classes but operative is definately more mobile and as a sorc I've grouped with many operative healers and do have to say I'm impressed at their healing capabilitys. But in most ops and fps you don't need healers that can kite so either class can work well as long as they're geared and know how to play their class.

Ok so overall it seems like the majority of people who have posted here like the operative MUCH better. One thing: Isn't the Upper hand/Tactical advantage thing really annoying?

no, it has a sound when you get upper hand so its the most comfortable popping skill (you don't have to watch your bare like with most of the popping skills)

Any way, if you will use slow release madpac with madpac mastery , you will have it nearly non-stop if you missing it, you just have to cast an underworld medicine, or click the ista blaster whip if you in a wild fight and need it immediately . Emergent emergencies increase the max limit of upper hand by 1 and healing hand increase the duration by 2 sec - but they are "have to" skills so you can't miss them , )

One thing you should know if you start an Operative/Scoundrel - its a pain to lvl it till 31 and you will feel very weak till that lvl...but believe me, after that border everything changes , )

Have fun with it!

Edited by LuciferinDNA

I knew everyone was going to say operative is better. I don't agree that it's better or more efficient at all. I agree that sorc is more of a challenge, because of the casting, because of the light armor, and of course the inability to stealth. Probably the most challenging is the full corruption spec, because you've got to really know your class to be able to survive. I've played with other sorc healers, both fulls and hybrids, and I've played with operative healers, and merc healers, and I have to say that it all really depends on who the player is and that it's a learn to play issue with healers not a class imbalance one. I do think that merc healers are kind of gimped because of the resource management, and it is probably the most tricky to really excel at that. The bottom line is that I've seen many mediocre operative healers and a lot of excellent sorc healers, and even a few great merc healers. I would never really play any other healer besides sorc/sage, I feel it's just the most natural healer and really the best healing class. As for survivability, that is the trickiest part, and I believe this is the sole reason why most people think ops are better. But if you really master your class, you can get it down to being nearly un-killable. So I would recommend sorc all the way. Edited by Solarenergy

As for survivability, that is the trickiest part, and I believe this is the sole reason why most people think ops are better. But if you really master your class, you can get it down to being nearly un-killable. So I would recommend sorc all the way.

If you think a sorc is nearly unkillable than you do not play competitive or ranked pvp. The sorc full corruption has very limited mobility, menial instant casts all with long cooldowns and has no defensive cooldowns other than sprint (I consider bubble a heal not a cd) You could argue that bubble stun in very survivable, but if you're full corruption you are gimping your survivability for the chart numbers.

1- Ops

2- Ops

3- Ops

But- sorcs have a stun bubble until it gets nerfed!

Really though- seriously... ops outclass sorcs (and mercs) on every single aspect, other than sorcs getting a stun on their bubble.

sorc / sages have to spec heavely into dps to get their bubble stun, so much so it hurts their healing abilities

If you think a sorc is nearly unkillable than you do not play competitive or ranked pvp. The sorc full corruption has very limited mobility, menial instant casts all with long cooldowns and has no defensive cooldowns other than sprint (I consider bubble a heal not a cd) You could argue that bubble stun in very survivable, but if you're full corruption you are gimping your survivability for the chart numbers.

I never said that I was nearly unkillable. I do know a few full healer sorcs that are and they do just fine in ranked and unranked. Yeah, they usually run with their tank buddies, but what healer of any class doesn't have a tank buddy? In fact, there are quite a lot of sorcs on my server that aren't hybrid spec, and some of them are outstanding healers. Is the tree perfect? No. Does it need a buff? Yes. Probably will get one since they are nerfing the bubble stun soon.

Ops do 500k in healing or more, too bad that 400k of that is to themselves.

Lol, it's true. In all fairness, I've seen a few sorcs heal themselves for half their chart total in a match, but ops are notorious for it because they have the below 30% instant heal they can keep spamming on themselves as they run away, while a sorc has to actually stop and cast if he wants to himself well.

I have my own opinion but I'll wait for mitigated to respond as I enjoy reading his posts when i run across them.

"Ops do 500k in healing or more, too bad that 400k of that is to themselves. "" I call total BS on this claim though.

Edited by HaLeX

Op/Scoundrel is 100% better - free isnta mega heal under 30% HP

BWAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

I like how on the pvp forums the dps moves that are OP are 5k-7k crits but the healer OP hits are 2.5k crits. LOL

For a bit of sober realism as regards the "free" heal, you do not generally get the chance to spam it on anything that isn't a tank (who is popping something at the time). By the second probe the guy in question is either safe or dead.

People just chilling sub-30% are GOING to die. General rule of thumb.

As to OPs question. Yeah I should probably recommend ops. We have a solid healing setup for pvp. Sorcs do have some very powerful utility though. Friendly pull is of tremendous use in huttball and can very much save lives in other wz's. Sprint is of obvious use everywhere and bubble in addition to the stun is the best way to increase TTK in the burst-fest we are playing in.

I do feel operatives are in a good spot regardless but the absurd prevalence of warriors (Generally half of each team in my exp) has meta-buffed us. Cover and evasion are next to useless against most classes but can be used to irritating effect on warriors.

And OP AOE in pvp?? It is a purple circle that is screaming for people to come smash in it! And thats if you get it off, which is incredibly difficult while being focused(which is always in ranked) What game do you play?

So true. Puddle heal is near useless in PvP, so much so that any respectable sorc healer will just not take that skill, and put points elsewhere.

Ops vs Sorcs: A good Op is invincible. A good sorc is butter. But, a good Sorc will put out more numbers than a good Op. Your choice: do more healing but die alot, or do less healing (not by a lot) and stay a live all the time.

Also, Sorc's do not have burst healing. A Sorc cannot save someone from death at 10% health no matter how hard they try. An Op can (Mercs too even).

I play both classes at 50 in wh+ gear... Op can put out more heals, but bstun utility makes up for it... bstun and ov root are lifesavers and really mess up melee dps. I almost feel bad playing bstun because it isnt balanced atm.... (the hard stun with low resolve just isnt balanced.)

Anyway I like playing both classes, Id hate to have to choose one...

Too many people in this thread are under estimating sorc healing though. Both classes have advantages over the other.

Op is more challenging to play... however I think sorc has the potential for skilled players to really make it shine.

So true. Puddle heal is near useless in PvP, so much so that any respectable sorc healer will just not take that skill, and put points elsewhere.

Ops vs Sorcs: A good Op is invincible. A good sorc is butter. But, a good Sorc will put out more numbers than a good Op. Your choice: do more healing but die alot, or do less healing (not by a lot) and stay a live all the time.

Also, Sorc's do not have burst healing. A Sorc cannot save someone from death at 10% health no matter how hard they try. An Op can (Mercs too even).

Sorc healing does need a buff. There are a lot of excellent sorc healers on my server, so maybe that has colored my perception into thinking it's a great healing class due to the fact that I'm around so many people who are so good at it. Playing with them and against them has vastly improved my performance as a healer, and I feel fortunate to be on such a server. But yeah it could definitely use a buff. Think that's all it really needs to become the top/best healing class.

Edited by Solarenergy