I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

I find it ironic the OP is against pandering to tiny portions of the community yet advocates for the SSSP, the black hole for dev resources that could add lots of meaningful pvp and pve endgame content instead of redesigning a bloody minigame to appease x-wing fans.

Free flight space sim is about as niche as it gets. But I guess pandering to a minority is OK as long as you're that minority eh.

Well said.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I do think that SGR should be in the game.. I also don't see it as really a high priority.. Personally I could careless about the companion romantic archs.. I romanced Kira on my sentinel.. I haven't had a conversation or revieved an email from her in about 8 months.. The romances serve little to no purpose.. Once you hit max affection and have your last conversation with them, it is over.. They never talk to you again.. So what is the point..

I would really rather them work on things that will improve the game for everyone..

Guild Calanders

Ready check for Ops groups..

Reaccuring events each month

Rep grinds for factions

In general just more stuff for us all to do at all levels.. Especially max level..

I don't have a problem with SGR except for their time commitment.

They will need to get voice actors, write the storyline and code it.

There have been many other subjects that have been suggested since the beginning that should have higher priority.

Some examples include armor dyes, dual classes, barbershops and many other things that SWTOR doesn't have but are found in other games.

I don't have a problem with SGR except for their time commitment.

They will need to get voice actors, write the storyline and code it.

There have been many other subjects that have been suggested since the beginning that should have higher priority.

Some examples include armor dyes, dual classes, barbershops and many other things that SWTOR doesn't have but are found in other games.

I don't think the people who are working on SGR are the same who would do a barbershop or dual spec feature. So, that argument is moot.

While I do think that SGR should be in the game.. I also don't see it as really a high priority.. Personally I could careless about the companion romantic archs.. I romanced Kira on my sentinel.. I haven't had a conversation or revieved an email from her in about 8 months.. The romances serve little to no purpose.. Once you hit max affection and have your last conversation with them, it is over.. They never talk to you again.. So what is the point..

I would really rather them work on things that will improve the game for everyone..

Guild Calanders

Ready check for Ops groups..

Reaccuring events each month

Rep grinds for factions

In general just more stuff for us all to do at all levels.. Especially max level..

These are the sorts of things that I am talking about. There are many other things that should have taken precedence that would affect the majority of the players rather than something that effects so few people.

I don't think the people who are working on SGR are the same who would do a barbershop or dual spec feature. So, that argument is moot.

I wouldn't say the arguement is moot.. I think many of the same people would be used.. But the point remains.. SGR just isn't important to a wide portion of the community.. I mean, all your asking for is maybe 2 or 3 conversations with a companion... A couple of fade to black scenes and that is it.. There really isn't much to talk about.. Romancing your companions really isn't this big thing.. There is no wedding.. There is no honeymoon.. There is no long term romance..

Please understand.. I am not against SGR.. I just feel there are a lot of things that need to be done first for all of us.. Before they start working on special things for a specific part of the community..

Edited by MajikMyst

So? Those people should be working into something IMPORTANT for the game.

These are the sorts of things that I am talking about. There are many other things that should have taken precedence that would affect the majority of the players rather than something that effects so few people.

The problem with this way of thinking is that you could potentially never see something added. When do you stop and say, ok let's add some stuff that I don't want, but other players do. You're also making the assumption that a very small amount of players will benefit, and the truth is that nobody knows how many will benefit. I could just as easily say most players will benefit.

The other thing about the precedance argument is that people are assuming that bioware have stopped working on the other things, which of course, they have not. The ONLY sgr content coming with makeb is npc flirts. Is that really a huge amount of work that bioware has undertaken? In reality, no.

So? Those people should be working into something IMPORTANT for the game.

Important to you of course. There are players out there that have a different set of priorities than you. Not everyone gets what they want, when they want. The pro sgr players have been thrown a small bone, after a year of waiting.

Also, the pro sgr players also want bug fixes, also want hood toggle, speech bubbles, more story, etc. it's not like they say, we want sgr, everything else can wait.

Edited by utio

Also, the pro sgr players also want bug fixes, also want hood toggle, speech bubbles, more story, etc. it's not like they say, we want sgr, everything else can wait.

Exactly. Bug fixes, mini games, and all the other wonderful things are wanted in the game as well.

To all those people saying we need more warzones, gear, bug fixes, new companions, more story content, etc. before they work on SGRs, take a look at what they've already done. They've already put in more warzones, ops, gear, bug fixes, and companions. And as for story content, SGRs are coming as a part of new story. And it's not even full fledged SGR, just a few flirts they put in that weren't any more time consuming to make than the OGR flirts they're putting in with them. They'll be working on actual SGR for the next coming months, meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be getting more warzones, gear, bugfixes, etc. until then.

The problem with this way of thinking is that you could potentially never see something added. When do you stop and say, ok let's add some stuff that I don't want, but other players do. .

When the game is a bit over a year old and not still battling bugs and a lack of functionality.. I'm sorry.. You are not going to fix a car and get into driving condition by buying a scent tree for the rear view mirror.. Just saying..

We still don't have guild calanders.. We still don't have anything to do in the game.. If you aren't running an op or battling it out in one of 5 warzones, which gets boring in about an hour.. What are you doing?? Running around in circles on the fleet doing your crew skills?? Doing dailies?? Running space missions?? Looking up misc. crap on the GTN for the 100th time??

That is what you are missing.. We are missing some fundemental things that the game needs... SGR not being one of them.. We need things to do.. To be honest, I wouldn't be in a position to talk about SGR until this game is at least 2 or 3 years old.. It all depends on how quickly they can get some fundamental things added..

Guild calander..

Gambling at Nar Shaddaa

Womprat hunting contest on Tatooine

Traveling carnival that goes to imperial and republic, that has quests and cool things to do..

Faction reputaion

Reaccuring events that happen every single month, so we always have something to do..

Those things.. :cool:

To all those people saying we need more warzones, gear, bug fixes, new companions, more story content, etc. before they work on SGRs, take a look at what they've already done. They've already put in more warzones, ops, gear, bug fixes, and companions. And as for story content, SGRs are coming as a part of new story. And it's not even full fledged SGR, just a few flirts they put in that weren't any more time consuming to make than the OGR flirts they're putting in with them. They'll be working on actual SGR for the next coming months, meanwhile, I'm sure you'll be getting more warzones, gear, bugfixes, etc. until then.

Thus the post that says SGR is more important and everyone else should just wait..

Sorry.. There are a lot of things that need to be fixed first.. Things that will help the entire community and not just a small portion of it.. Why are you so excited to flirt with a pixilated companion?? I mean there is no wedding.. No honeymoon.. Maybe 2 kissing scenes.. Oh joygasm.. Pixilated characters kissing.. You will see better on television.. One or two fade to black.. Ok.. Close your eyes for about 5 seconds.. There you go.. You just had a fade to black.. Cause once your companion is max level, they ain't talking to you again.. Seriously?? You want that over guild calanders??

Look.. This game is just over a year old.. Let them fix the game for all.. Ok?? There is still a lot that needs to be added and fixed.. SGR is just for you.. What we want is for all..

Thus the post that says SGR is more important and everyone else should just wait..

(snip)

Look.. This game is just over a year old.. Let them fix the game for all.. Ok?? There is still a lot that needs to be added and fixed.. SGR is just for you.. What we want is for all..

I'm not saying that everything should wait, in fact I'm saying the opposite. Things are going to come out at the same rate regardless of SGR. We've been getting warzones, ops, companions, gear, space missions, and bug fixes for a whole year now. To say that "we need other stuff before SGRs" is ludicrous, because you've already been getting other stuff. If they do make an OGR flirt for Makeb(which they will), it doesn't take any more time to make it gender neutral, or barely any more time to make an SGR flirt. And, I would imagine that the time it takes to add in a [Flirt] is far less than what it takes to add in a new Flashpoint, Warzone, or most any other kind of content (which have been coming and will not cease to continue coming). Really, all it is is another dialogue tree. Not that hard, considering how much dialogue they've managed to fit in the game already.

And as for bug fixes? Really? Bug fixes come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. They will continue to come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. as long as the game has a development staff. I still can't believe people use that argument.

The make-up of players makes no difference. Part of the reason I enjoy BioWare so much is that they have a history of putting in SGRs. It's nothing big from a gameplay perspective, but from an immersion perspective? It helps make the game seem more real, and it adds to the world inside the game. It makes the characters have more flavor to them, and makes interactions more meaningful. It's good storytelling. The companions are a large part of why I enjoy SWTOR. It's something, that to my knowledge, no other MMO has. Edited by AllisonBerryman

Let's take Pazaak as an example. Does it come before Bug fixes, PVP warzones, more FP's and the other things you thing should come before SGRs?

How long would you be willing to wait for it to be added. How long should you have to wait for it to be added.

How much would you pay for it to be added? How much do you think you should pay for it to be added?

Let's take Pazaak as an example. Does it come before Bug fixes, PVP warzones, more FP's and the other things you thing should come before SGRs?

How long would you be willing to wait for it to be added. How long should you have to wait for it to be added.

How much would you pay for it to be added? How much do you think you should pay for it to be added?

If it were me, the order or priority would be this..

Optimizations and Bugs

New features, Guild Calander, functionality updates, Ready check..

PVP Arena and Dueling area on fleet stations..

New Warzones, New Flashpoints, New Ops..

Events, Reaccuring events, Holiday events..

Pazzak, Games, Swoop races, Gambling, Womprat hunting contest, Carnivals..

Specialty requests, SGR, Furnished ships, Guild Capital ships...

While that is the order I would put things in.. That doesn't mean the stuff at the bottom are never got to.. Right now I feel the top two are the most important.. There are some seriousl bugs that need fixing and stuff needs to be added.. The middle 4 for the most part are interchangeable as priority goes.. I am not sure we need a new Op right now and we just got a Warzone.. I would love to see some work on Pazzak and some other things.. Especially the events.. We are desperate for something else to do..

Since I know and respect the the OP (spoken with him in vent, used to be part of the same community), I'll make a list of quick hits and get out of this thread.

-Everything added to this game to this point does not please everybody. We don't all like warzones. Or flashpoints. Or companions. Or space. Or minigames. Or events. Or dailies. Or crafting. Or anything. To say "Oh man, this minigame is something EVERYBODY will like" is ignorant and you should be above that. People like different things. I learned this before I could write.

-Development and bug fixing are separate teams in most software development companies, particularly when it comes to games like TOR. To assume that TOR is different despite evidence to the contrary is odd.

-Removing a gender check on flirts likely took less time than it did for me to write this post.

I'm a straight male. I have 8 characters in this game. Six are straight males. One is a straight female. The last one is a female who didn't romance any of her companions (because Vector is terrible). Ciao.

Edited by ebado

Everything added to this game to this point does not please everybody. We don't all like warzones. Or flashpoints. Or companions. Or space. Or minigames. Or events. Or dailies. Or crafting. Or anything. To say "Oh man, this minigame is something EVERYBODY will like" is ignorant and you should be above that. People like different things. I learned this before I could write.

Sigh-

I am not really sure where to start.. The point people are making is valid and indesputable.. It is called doing something for the greater good.. A concept that I am sure you understand.. So the statement above is largely irrelevent.. Yes, people like different things.. You are right.. That doesn't change the point people are making.. People like different things, but a large marjority of them don't put SGR at the top of the list of things that need to be addressed right now.. Ok so some SGR features are being added with Makeb.. Good for you all.. Happy days at last.. Now can we fix some of the bugs?? Can I finally invite someone to group our of the guild list?? Can I finally inspect someone?? :(

I honestly don't see why people are making a big deal about this. All they are doing is adding an option to characters that are already being voiced for Makeb anyway. Are people really that angry that they took the time to record a few extra lines of dialogue (that they were recording anyway) and taking the time to add a (Flirt) option to the dialogue wheel?

REALLY?

I wanted to be able to romance my companion without having to get a spaceship first. A very simple issue to fix. But somehow the SGR was more important issue for developers.

I love how minimalistic this thread's redaction had to be to avoid getting deleted.

I honestly don't see why people are making a big deal about this. All they are doing is adding an option to characters that are already being voiced for Makeb anyway. Are people really that angry that they took the time to record a few extra lines of dialogue (that they were recording anyway) and taking the time to add a (Flirt) option to the dialogue wheel?

REALLY?

For Makeb, they are going to make SGR companions at some point and thus spend time and money for them which is much more intensive in time, money, coding, personnel ect.

For Makeb, they are going to make SGR companions at some point and thus spend time and money for them which is much more intensive in time, money, coding, personnel ect.

And they will also add hood toggles at some point, new space at some point, new ops, new story, new pets, new warzones, new this and new that. Things take time, not everyone gets their number 1 priority first. Sgr with companions is a long way off, so it seems. I'm betting we get alot more other stuff before they give us sgr companions.

Edited by utio