I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

And they will also add hood toggles at some point, new space at some point, new ops, new story, new pets, new warzones, new this and new that. Things take time, not everyone gets their number 1 priority first. Sgr with companions is a long way off, so it seems. I'm betting we get alot more other stuff before they give us sgr companions.

I would rather have new ops, new WZ , and such far before SGR.

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't imagine implementing [Flirts] or romance being a significant "drain" on resources. It's just a few extra lines of dialogue compared to the tens of thousands they already have. The animating would be easy (it's mainly dialogue afterall), and it wouldn't be coded in a different manner from OGRs. If you're concerned about BioWare "wasting" money on a feature, find something that is actually a drain on resources. (Like Huttball)

I bet you'll get new ops and new warzones before the give us sgr companions.

I could do w/out new WZ not much of a pvper, I try the new WZ once and usually thats is, the Ancient Hypergate WZ sucks. The Ops I do enjoy with my guild and I think Female OGR companions suck and are worthless.

And as for bug fixes? Really? Bug fixes come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. They will continue to come out EVERY. SINGLE. PATCH. as long as the game has a development staff. I still can't believe people use that argument.

True story.

In case you're unaware of this fact, you can find the patch notes for each and every patch listed here.

ANY future development on Same-Gender content is going to be done AT THE SAME TIME as Opposite-Gender content, meaning all of these "More Important" things you are all wanting "instead of SGR" are still going to get the SAME AMOUNT OF DEV TIME that they would without SGR being in game.

I wish some of you would come to realize that.

Summary of this thread:

"We are special! We need our special stuff!"

"We accept this special stuff but is something that should not be a priority, other things are most important!"

"Our special stuff is important and we need it over any other content!"

"Our special stuff is not sacrificing any other stuff"

"Bioware making a whole point 4 about SGR on the last State of the Game. Nothing bout Pazaak or Swoops or Guild capital Ships or ANY OTHER MOST IMPORTANT THING THAN SGR."

Real conclusion of this Thread: SGR is most important than Pazaak and Swoop races.

Edited by Royox

For Makeb, they are going to make SGR companions at some point and thus spend time and money for them which is much more intensive in time, money, coding, personnel ect.

My point for Makeb still stands, they are merely adding lines to NPCs that are already being recorded because these characters need to be in anyway for stories.

As for Companions - they have said they are adding new companions, some of these will happen to be attracted to their own gender. Is it okay to add a companion that isn't attracted to same gender? or should we just not add companions at all?

It's really not a big deal for them to add it for Makeb or as companions. I actually think more companions is a good thing SGR-enabled or not. The fact that some will be is a bonus to those who support it.

Its no extra work than BioWare already planned. People are making a big deal over nothing.

Since I'm mostly interested in story content, SGR is an important feature for me. I'll probably never gonna play WZs, space missions, stuff I have zero interest in. PvP to me is a borefest. I play MMOs (and this is not my first one) mostly for the fluff. Heck yes, I would like events, mini-games, but right now SGR is more important to me, because I want to be able to play the romance content, which is already in the game, but only for people who like OGR. I don't.

It's funny how some people here decry inclusion of SGR content as 'special or preferred treatment' when I only want to get what others already have.

Since I know and respect the the OP (spoken with him in vent, used to be part of the same community), I'll make a list of quick hits and get out of this thread.

-Everything added to this game to this point does not please everybody. We don't all like warzones. Or flashpoints. Or companions. Or space. Or minigames. Or events. Or dailies. Or crafting. Or anything. To say "Oh man, this minigame is something EVERYBODY will like" is ignorant and you should be above that. People like different things. I learned this before I could write.

-Development and bug fixing are separate teams in most software development companies, particularly when it comes to games like TOR. To assume that TOR is different despite evidence to the contrary is odd.

-Removing a gender check on flirts likely took less time than it did for me to write this post.

I'm a straight male. I have 8 characters in this game. Six are straight males. One is a straight female. The last one is a female who didn't romance any of her companions (because Vector is terrible). Ciao.

Oh hai there! Thank you for your reply old friend.

As you tell those who post in the SGR thread, feel free to post in there how you like it, this is a thread for those of us who feel it doesn't need to be put in at this time.

To be more clear, this thread is also not stating that SGRs should never be in the game either.

They have an overall budget. Instead of paying for more time for more writing/animating/acting, they should have spent that money on man hours for other more important things that will affect the gameplay of far more people instead of pandering to a tiny group of people and shoving SGRs forward.

Except new content is way more important than those. Considering this is the only MMO that utilizes voice acting like this, cut scenes like this, those man hours and budget is far more important for that than stupid warzones, flashpoints (both of which you just got new things for anyway) and bugs that, honestly, are livable. And the servers have populations, so I have no idea what you're complaining about there.

there's a 491 page thread over in story & lore of people who've been waiting for this since the game launched. a few lines of dialogue may seem silly to you, but to them, it's a sign that bioware's finally starting to give them what they've been fleetingly promised for so long.

doesn't seem too unreasonable to finally throw them some bread to chew on while bioware keeps preparing the full course, y'know?

Absolutely not. Then those same people will come to the forum and raise hell about the lack of depth to the relationships because of some perceived bias. The huge thread in the lore forum is already a hotbed of drum beating and grandstanding.

It's not that I'm against sgr arcs specifically, it's that I'm against further development if any kind of romance arcs. There are finite resources with which BW has to work with. None of them should be devoted to such a meaningless side line. This entire forum is filled with ideas that have far more merit and deserve the priority of those resources over romance arcs if any kind.

If you want a sgr, link two of your same sex toons on your legacy tree as spouses and roll play till the cows come home.

Edited by Telaan

Absolutely not. Then those same people will come to the forum and raise hell about the lack of depth to the relationships because of some perceived bias. The huge thread in the lore forum is already a hotbed of drum beating and grandstanding.

It's not that I'm against sgr arcs specifically, it's that I'm against further development if any kind of romance arcs. There are finite resources with which BW has to work with. None of them should be devoted to such a meaningless side line. This entire forum is filled with ideas that have far more merit and deserve the priority of those resources over romance arcs if any kind.

If you want a sgr, link two of your same sex toons on your legacy tree as spouses and roll play till the cows come home.

You just have to come to grips with the fact this mmo is still a BW game and companions with companion romance arcs are a staple of those games. Resources are always finite and the company always allocates a portion of them to this. By now it's expected of them. Deal with it. Without these "meaningless sidelines" TOR is just another averagely executed themepark mmo.

Edited by aeterno

Last I checked Swoop races and Pazaak were too and those are more important stuff for the game than the "flirt options".

Last I checked, how players interact to different kinds of content is just as important. Swoop races, etc is important to half the group, and some of the ones wanting SGR, while SGR and story content is just as important to that other half, as is the other things.

Sorry, but both can be just as important.

I, personally, don;t give a flying **** about gambling, races, PvP anything. I just want story and character interaction, which includes SGR for a few of my characters.

If it were me, the order or priority would be this..

Optimizations and Bugs

New features, Guild Calander, functionality updates, Ready check..

PVP Arena and Dueling area on fleet stations..

New Warzones, New Flashpoints, New Ops..

Events, Reaccuring events, Holiday events..

Pazzak, Games, Swoop races, Gambling, Womprat hunting contest, Carnivals..

Specialty requests, SGR, Furnished ships, Guild Capital ships...

While that is the order I would put things in.. That doesn't mean the stuff at the bottom are never got to.. Right now I feel the top two are the most important.. There are some seriousl bugs that need fixing and stuff needs to be added.. The middle 4 for the most part are interchangeable as priority goes.. I am not sure we need a new Op right now and we just got a Warzone.. I would love to see some work on Pazzak and some other things.. Especially the events.. We are desperate for something else to do..

Here's mine:

Optimizations and Bugs

Events, Reaccuring events, functionality updates

Specialty requests, SGR, New features, Holiday events,

Pazzak, Games, Swoop races, Gambling, Womprat hunting contest, Carnivals, Furnished ships,

Guild Calander, Ready check, Guild Capital ships...

New Warzones, New Flashpoints, New Ops (two of which we just got)

Oh look, I can make a list too. :D

Notice my priorities? They don't match up!! Just like yours don't match up to a large player base!!

Here's mine:

Optimizations and Bugs

Events, Reaccuring events, functionality updates

Specialty requests, SGR, New features, Holiday events,

Pazzak, Games, Swoop races, Gambling, Womprat hunting contest, Carnivals, Furnished ships,

Guild Calander, Ready check, Guild Capital ships...

New Warzones, New Flashpoints, New Ops (two of which we just got)

Oh look, I can make a list too. :D

Notice my priorities? They don't match up!! Just like yours don't match up to a large player base!!

It is statements like that, that show just how weak your views are.. Do you really believe that more people in the gaming community want SGR, than Pazzak or Swoop races?? Or are you just saying that in hopes that someone will will actually believe you?? Heck, dual specc'ing and guild capital ships gets suggested more than SGR..

Just go back and read this thread.. I am glad you can make a list.. We all can make a list.. But only one list had to put someone else's list down in attempt to give themsevles some credibility.. It is quoted above..

This issue is about priorities, not putting someone down or their post down.. Nobody is saying that SGR's shouldn't be added.. Just that the resources shouldn't be used at this time to add them.. There are other things, more pressing things that should be addressed..

Now please.. Do not put my post down again.. It is unwarranted and doesn't help your cause.. Everyone is entitled to their own list and I wouldn't presume to speak for other folks.. As for what the player base wants?? I will let the forums speak for themselves..

Edited by MajikMyst

It is statements like that, that show just how weak your views are.. Do you really believe that more people in the gaming community want SGR, than Pazzak or Swoop races?? Or are you just saying that in hopes that someone will will actually believe you?? Heck, dual specc'ing and guild capital ships gets suggested more than SGR.. No offense but not much of the gaming community really cares about SGR..

Just go back and read this thread.. I am glad you can make a list.. We all can make a list.. But only one list had to put someone else's list down in attempt to give themsevles some credibility.. It is quoted above..

This issue is about priorities, not putting someone down or their post down.. Nobody is saying that SGR's shouldn't be added.. Just that the resources shouldn't be used at this time to add them.. There are other things, more pressing things that should be addressed..

Now please.. Do not put my post down again.. It is unwarranted and doesn't help your cause.. Everyone is entitled to their own list and I wouldn't presume to speak for other folks.. As for what the player base wants?? I will let the forums speak for themselves..

Yes. I do actually. Since it IS a staple in BW games, it's expected. And since a great many people like this game for STORY and CHARACTER INTERACTION, since that is very new compared to other MMOs, yes. SGR is very much a wanted deal.

And I can put your posts down for as long as I want. Because what YOU want is NOT what everyone else wants. Only a portion agree with you while others agree with me. And then we have inbetweeners.

And once again, someone thinks a whole slew of resources were used JUST for this, when that is not even true. Especially since it's only random NPC flirts and not companion flirts, which WOULD take more time with the writers and voice actors. But simple flirts, that were most likely added anyway, just without the gender check, is a non-issue and would not take more than a few lines of code to do. So, no great amount of resources were used willy nilly to add these into the game.

And I can put your posts down for as long as I want.

Well.. Then there is nothing left to say.. You believe what you want .. It is pointless to attempt to have a civil and intelligent conversation with someone that assumes the right to put others down.. You are entitled to your opinions just as everyone else is as well.. To put others down in attempt to force your opinion on others only means you have already lost the discussion..

Have a nice day.. :)

Edited by MajikMyst

Well.. Then there is nothing left to say.. You believe what you want .. It is pointless to attempt to have a civil and intelligent conversation with someone that assumes the right to put others down.. You are entitled to your opinions just as everyone else is as well.. To put others down in attempt to force your opinion on others only means you have already lost the discussion..

Have a nice day.. :)

You lost when you immediately thought I was doing that from the start. I was merely using your list to put where I have MY priorities.

Shame you didn;t see that. Anywho, ta ta!! It was not a pleasure.