I'd like to see more info on this 'expac' before preordering!

Pubsam

First, I am totally willing to pay money for an expansion for a game I am already subscribing to. I did it three times for WoW, and that was with no discount or prepay perks! But with each WoW expac I bought, I had a LOT of info on the content in order to make the decision to purchase. And with the case of the latest WoW expac, I was able to make a very early decision that I probably wouldn't like it, and did not buy. This information matters!

I realize that we are far from the expac's actual launch, but we are nearing on this preorder deadline to get in 5 days early. I play with a nice guild (who are probably the only reason I'm not F2P), and I know many of them have preordered so I'd like to be able to make an informed decision and be able to join them in the headstart!

At the end of the day I'll probably just plop down my $10, but it's also the principle of the thing. It feels like BW is putting pressure on their most loyal players (those who'd be interested in head start) to just assume this content is worth it and purchase early before any REAL info is released. I can't remember the last time I put down money to purchase a game I knew so little about. In fact it probably hasn't happened - am I just fastidious or what?

Here are 2 examples of some info that I'd like to hear more about and could help me reach a decision, or at least reassure me that I'm not wasting my money. I know the expac is not near release but this stuff is pretty general:

-Each class is getting 1 new ability. I'm sure these are not done but why not share some of the concepts with us? If I were to learn my Powertech tank is getting a new CD I might get excited. If he's getting a CC I'd be slightly less excited. Aside from this one ability, will everything be just business as usual for your class?

-What is happening to PVE endgame? Will there be a whole new tier of FPs and Operations, and the old ones will become relics a la WoW? Will the old ones just be retuned for level 55? Will there be ANY new FPs or Operations? Perhaps some low level FPs finally getting a HM version? If there is no new content, is more endgame PVE at least being worked on for a subsequent post-expac patch?

I realize there was a VAGUE promise that new content will eventually come in the latest State of the Game, but is a vague TIMEFRAME too much to ask? Namely when I reach 55 will I be (a) enjoying a new operation? or (b) raiding old content bumped up and waiting on an operation (i) one patch away or (ii) so early in development they can't tell me when?

As it is now I'm purchasing the ability to gain 5 more levels, experience one new planet, and then do... who knows? 4 days!

Edited by Pubsam

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I already because...well who am i kidding, i am going to pay for it regardless of the content.

That being said, they really do need to show more and be more specific.

We all know that the storyline expansion will be imp/rep specific rather than class specific but they dont actually say that still. They need to chill with crypic junk and just tell us what is coming down the line so people know what they are paying for.

Im with you Pub

Im not getting the content update by the deadline with out much more info on whats involved in it.

Course part of that is I did the 6 month sub at launch and regreted it so now I only do the month to month.

Yeah I pay more in long run but I have the freedom to STOP and not have a open account to draw me back in, when it comes to that (no longer think it will be a "IF it comes to that" sadly).

So not sure if ill be here in spring and pre ordering now feels like to much of a commitment (even if only $10.00).

Besides, 5 days isnt anything

Worst case senario I run dailies for 5 days and then come in after.

But yeah, if they gave us info on whats in the Content Update

I might just pre order

and

I might just stop calling it a content update :)

heh

I've already pre-ordered because, well, you know, 'a fool and his money' etc... but what you are asking for is more than reasonable. I hope for those who are also in the same position as yourself that Bioware/EA gives you the answers that you are looking for sooner rather than later. Some actual information beyond 'soon' would be good.

What I want to know is there any point to my ordering this now when I've just recently started playing and am no where near 50, and probably won't be any time soon? Is all the content added above level 50? Is there any point to the expansion for new players?

What I want to know is there any point to my ordering this now when I've just recently started playing and am no where near 50, and probably won't be any time soon? Is all the content added above level 50? Is there any point to the expansion for new players?

Don't buy it until 50. If you do, you will have to wait to see anything from it.

It's ten fricking bucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go away!!!!!

So, the relatively inexpensive nature of this 'expansion' means nobody should expect to actually be told what they're spending their money on?

I thoroughly agree with the desire for more information. I have pre-ordered (£5.00 for the UK incidentally), but the lack of information left a very bitter taste in my mouth.

And what do you have to dispute that RotHC is anything sub-50? Everything they put forth is 50+. So yes, we can draw that conclusion.

I must have missed the part where they said "there will definitely be nothing in this expansion pack for anyone under level 50."

Until they come out with a definitive list of what's included in this "expansion pack" no one but Bioware knows anything for certain.

Not sure why you want to argue this, unless you work for Bioware and know exactly what it's going to include.

My wife and I will not preorder.

There are a few reasons and none have to do with the price. The five day head start on what seems to be a few days of content does not move us. Considering the patch history, Makeb may not actually be up and well running during the head start (bugs everywhere breaking everything and crashes and disconnects will likely be the fare.) As far as more info, that sounds good and reasonable, but can anyone who has played this game for any length of time believe what we are told? I have the image of the pre order people being linearly herded into a small player packed area that has three clickable boxes on a long respawn timer, while six boxes are needed with everyone milling around until the mad rush when a respawn happens.

We will wait and see and let the patch (oops - expansion) launch happen and look at the feedback. We think that it is probably worth not being in the first wave and let everyone clear out so that we have a shot at the content. I do think that if we are still playing when the patch launches, we will probably buy it.

I'm REALLY curious...how many people complaining about the $10 charge have bought Cartel Coins? I'd LOVE to see some info on that.

$10 for a 'mini' expansion is very fair imo...more fair than a set of armor for $12 or a random card pack for $3.60.

I'm REALLY curious...how many people complaining about the $10 charge have bought Cartel Coins? I'd LOVE to see some info on that.

$10 for a 'mini' expansion is very fair imo...more fair than a set of armor for $12 or a random card pack for $3.60.

This thread isn't about (or at least didn't start) complaining about paying for the DLC.

It's about the lack of information surrounding a product people are being offered. The armour, the card pack and the coins all have the benefit of potential buyers being 100% aware of what they're spending their money on.

Which is the real problem with this, you don't really know what you've paid for at this point. That's why people aee debating (arguing) it's potential value to players under level 50, right now even that isn't known.

This thread isn't about (or at least didn't start) complaining about paying for the DLC.

It's about the lack of information surrounding a product people are being offered. The armour, the card pack and the coins all have the benefit of potential buyers being 100% aware of what they're spending their money on.

Which is the real problem with this, you don't really know what you've paid for at this point. That's why people aee debating (arguing) it's potential value to players under level 50, right now even that isn't known.

Don't misunderstand me...

I agree. The lack of information and secrecy about EVERYTHING from Bioware...honestly, it's just **edit**ing stupid. This is a video game, not some super secret nuclear lab.

However, from what we DO know, I feel it's a worthy $10 gamble...FAR better than any RNG loot packs could ever be, and worth 10x's as much as any armor set to me.

That is a good point buying cc to buy the gambling packs, as your not really entirely sure what your getting. Although I do not have an issue spedning $10 on the DLC. I personally would like to have more information about what it contains, as I know of for sure by ordering before the dealine.

a) Level Cap Increase to 55

b) 5 days early access

c) faction storylines with an option at the end to join the Hutt or stay aligned with your faction

d) SGR

I'm curious what else is comming, I would like to see some mini games added, which seems to have consensus on the boards, but since nothing has been said no one really knows what is included.

I would like to buy it, but would prefer more detailed information ( if possioble) other than a high level overview of what's in it. The early deadline and lack of information may prevent me from pre ordering, also the fact of the late relase as spring runs from end of March to near end of June. And as other have pointed out there is the potential for bug fixes/ unexpected maintenance that could cut down the early access play time.

**Edit**

Speaking of bus fixes the Crash to Desktop/Memory Leak that has persisted since 1.4 is also causing me some grief and has lessened my play time since I finished the 8th class story line, it would be nice if we could get more information on those fixes as well.

Edited by tands

Don't misunderstand me...

I agree. The lack of information and secrecy about EVERYTHING from Bioware...honestly, it's just **edit**ing stupid. This is a video game, not some super secret nuclear lab.

However, from what we DO know, I feel it's a worthy $10 gamble...FAR better than any RNG loot packs could ever be, and worth 10x's as much as any armor set to me.

Good point.