PSA: Augment your gear

tronot

I get sad/frustrated when I get into a match and see one or two people with full War Hero and ZERO or only a couple augments.

You're seriously gimping yourself and your team if you aren't augmenting your War Hero gear as you obtain it. Personally, before 1.6, I augmented all of my Battlemaster gear.

That is all.

some people are poor. It's been a topic of discussion, now that WH is so easy to get, you're in a rush of credits moreso than comms now.

Just know that with 50k an augment and 30k a slot and kit, it's just over 100k per piece, that's about 1.5mil just to augment a whole set. I can get a whole set in a couple of days. 1.5 mil? Only if I sell my stabs... which I get from my comms, but I want to use my new set, not RE it.

The credits are there. It takes 15 minutes to do the Black Hole dailies. You can augment your gear piece by piece within a couple of days. Yet still, you're asking an awful lot, considering some people still join warzones pve equipped and there's not much you can do about it.

Take it easy, they probably just don't have enough credits to augment everything all at once. I augment my gear as I go along gaining credits. So far I'm averaging about 1 or 2 augments a week, five augmented pieces so far. I PVP only because I get bored of dailies real fast, so it takes a while to get enough credits. Edited by Solarenergy

I get sad/frustrated

Ok. :rolleyes:

So you caught someone who just got their gear, and

* their alts haven't finished crafting their kits and augments

* or, the person crafting their kits and augments is not finished yet

* or the guild member who creates the kits and augments is not on yet

* or, they're in the process of earning the credits to get the kits and augments

* or Something Else Equally Reasonble

* or that player IS NEW and doesn't know, and/or doesn't read the forums

A good player will get their gear done in time.

A good team member will civilly suggest to their teammates, Then, ways to improve.

A bad player will not do the above. :cool:

Never be the last. ^

"Lose, don't excuse."

Julius Erving

Am I the only person who doesn't give a flying f about what kind of gear other people walk in?

I don't stress out over it, but I do pay attention to it. Saw a Jugg in a WZ with me the other day with 11k health. I mean that's less than I have at lvl 11 with the bolster, I don't even know how you pull that off. Like level 32 greens? We completely owned that match so it was no big deal, he just had to stand at a turret all match, and he wasn't even alone. But it may have annoyed me if we had lost.

Way I see it, the Recruit Gear is free, and they improved it some, WEAR IT. Beyond that I'm not gonna stress, or frankly even pay attention, to whether someone is in BM->WH->EWH Aug'd or otherwise. I really only bother to inspect someone if they are <14k or >21k.

Just had a guildie today who is an amazing dps sorc learn about augmenting and min/maxing

You would never have guessed that he ran no augments until today I looked at his gear and to my shock there were none, and of course no min/maxing. He just went from war hero straight to elite warhero. He had no idea about any of it. Some players are amazing at their class, yet dare I say it "noob" at the mechanics of crafting/ modding. All ya gotta do is ask them why they don't have any. Help people out ffs.

Needless to say I crafted 14 augments and we ran black hole a bunch to get him used to dailies. With a little effort on my part, he's gonna melt even more faces now, and he NEVER gimped a team without his augments.

between 5-10 warzones a day and running blackhole dailies, i can pull in 150-200k in a couple of hours max. obtaining credits is not hard, its just a matter of whether or not people want to put in the effort

for some you discribed a week of play. mk-6 auguments are a huge credit sink and the kits should be removable

for some you discribed a week of play. mk-6 auguments are a huge credit sink and the kits should be removable

ive never had a problem with credit acquisition. and sometimes over the course of a week i only have a 2-3 hours total to play.

if there is something that i need credits for, i grind them out.

or, as some here has already pointed out, buy Cartel Packs -> sell for credits -> convert real cash into pretend money

between 5-10 warzones a day and running blackhole dailies, i can pull in 150-200k in a couple of hours max. obtaining credits is not hard, its just a matter of whether or not people want to put in the effort

Please outline how you'd obtain 200K credits with 1 run of BH daily quests and 10 WZs. I call BS.

Also you do know that there are still people out there who enter level 50 warzones wearing leveling gear? Just played two matches with one today. He was wearing orange pieces that were level 47,and a few green pieces. The only PVP gear he had were the WH implants and earpiece. To complain about people about people wearing full War Hero just because they haven't augmented all their pieces out of all things, LOL ?! It's a process that takes time, they will get there soon enough. Edited by Solarenergy

I expected many people to take this thread the wrong way. I'm not saying you are a bad player if you are not fully augmented.

Augments and Augmentation kits are easily obtainable and cheap if you know someone who can make them for you with the mats.

Yeah, it's a lot quicker to get War Hero gear these days and that's not really relevant. Augment the gear as you obtain it. Do dailies while waiting for PVP queues to pop and bickety bam, you are now a much more valued asset to your Warzone team.

The credits are there. It takes 15 minutes to do the Black Hole dailies. You can augment your gear piece by piece within a couple of days. Yet still, you're asking an awful lot, considering some people still join warzones pve equipped and there's not much you can do about it.

???

Wow, I only have time to play maybe 4-6 hours a week. I've seriously been sucking.

People are right to quit a warzone because I only have 17000 HP. It's totally my fault.