Cartel Market items should be Legacy bound!

YeIIow

Ok, we are really hitting language barrier here, there is no other way you can not understand, unless you are daft, which I do not think (yet).

We agree that you can remove mods from OPS ARMOR, yes?

We agree that you can then put mods into whatever LEGACY ARMOR you have (from CM, Jedi Valiant for example), yes?

So, we have to agree that is is POSSIBLE to create LEGACY ARMOR (Jedi Valiant, for example) with OPS stats and set bonuses, yes?

So, now that you have your legacy bound Jedi Valiant armor from CM with OPS stats, you can mail it to all your characters, and basically give them OPS ARMOR without any need to work for it.

Just want to point out that this is already 100% possible to do with the already in game legacy armor. So your whole argument against making Cartel gear legacy bound is moot.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow:

You want them to be legacy bound = having the shield icon (that is how it works, unless BW introduces new "Bound to Cartel" class).

I have no idea what are you talking about with drops, I never said that, or you misunderstood something.

At the moment, the game does not differentiate if the item is modded or not, it checks if it is Bound or not (modding usually makes it bound). So unless BW moves the "Bound" check to the mods, nothing will prevent you from sending end-game mods through Legacy armor.

Like I said, YOU may not want to do it for stats, but others might (having a Dread Guard/EWH modded char right of the bat after hitting lvl 50 is tempting).

As for this part

There are a few items out there that can be traded freely the way i want, withown them having any shield item or else.
I have no idea what items are you talking about, as every good looking or end-game gear "I" know of is BoP/BoE

Jgoldsack:

Yes, I am aware of that. However, getting that particular armor seems more work than forking over the monetary value of 2 McDonalds menus.

Yes, I am aware of that. However, getting that particular armor seems more work than forking over the monetary value of 2 McDonalds menus.

Regardless, the point stands. You are simply arguing based on the perceived ease of getting the Cartel items. The fact is, both are easy to obtain. The game already allows for what you are arguing against.

Not to mention the OTHER (albeit limited time availability) legacy gear from events.

You want them to be legacy bound = having the shield icon (that is how it works, unless BW introduces new "Bound to Cartel" class).

At the moment, the game does not differentiate if the item is modded or not, it checks if it is Bound or not (modding usually makes it bound). So unless BW moves the "Bound" check to the mods, nothing will prevent you from sending end-game mods through Legacy armor.

that does means it has to be that way forever, neither that a new "Bound to CM" need to be implemented, all it takes is a rework on the "bound to legacy" items, it can be done so that items can only be traded if they contain no mods.

for the second quote, as i said previosly, all it takes is some rework on the "Legacy Bound system" we have right now to adress whether an item is modded or not and implement more restrictions regarding level ect.

I have no idea what are you talking about with drops, I never said that, or you misunderstood something.

u keep on talking about people ninja items, and spamming the need botton, that only makes any sence if u are referring to things that drop from bosses etc....

I have no idea what items are you talking about, as every good looking or end-game gear "I" know of is BoP/BoE

take as an example Satele or Malgus Statue, u can re-use them as much as u like with any of ur characters and then even sell them at GTN, well the same for the other items that come from the CM, but with more limitations as for them not being able to trade to other people but only between characters from the same account.

Edited by YeIIow

Probably my last post, and if you will not understand it, I am giving up, as you are just too daft (now I am sure of it) to understand, and I am running out of ideas how to simplify this even more.

In OP, you want CM armors to be Legacy Bound. That means, you want them to have the "shield" icon on their picture.

ALL Legacy items (the ones with the shield icon) can be sent to other characters regardless of what most they have in them. That is just how the game works.

So, by making CM gear Legacy Bound (giving them the shield icon), it would be possible to use the CM-bought armors to send ANY gear mods, even those from end-game, to characters that did not have to "work" for them (it would be level 50+, that is the only restriction). This would increase number of people "needing" items/tokens they do not really "need" (aka, ninjas).

I am merely stating what the problem with Legacy gear is, so it is perfectly relevant to your proposition to make more Legacy bound items. You may not utilize the potential of it, but you are not the sole player.

There are already affordable full Legacy armor sets that everybody can buy with in-game creds, since 1.2 IIRC. So it's been a while. Nothing will change if we are talking about armor. People have been mailing armorings, mods and enhancements for several months now.

Only difference would be if they add Legacy bound weapons. Not everybody got those from the last event (with the ability of moving barrels and crystals) and currently there is no way to move around hilts

Jgoldsack:

Well, yes, it is the same argument I have against other "Legacy should get free items" suggestions.

If you could buy all datacrons for few Cartel Coins, or get a very rare speeder dropping only in Nightmare mode, the value of work other people put into getting it is suddenly meaningless.

I do support Legacy, it is one of the coolest unique features of SWTOR, but I do not believe that giving Legacies free stuff is the way to go in supporting them. Good example of Legacy feature is the planned Reputation system in 1.7.

Yellow:

Well, I am arguing against what would happen if CM armor suddenly became BoL, without any reworks. If BW moves the "Bound check" to mods, then by all means, have your legacy armor.

In my arguments against ninjas, it was related to drops of tokens for end-game gear (the "Unassembled whatever piece of gear" tokens). If Legacy armors became easy and cheap to get, we could see it happening much more than we do now (and i do see it, not often, but sometimes).

Holostatues are items in inventory, and frankly, they are pretty much useless. Yes, having class trainer (they do not do anything else, AFAIK) pop-up anywhere is neat, but kind of pointless, as there is trainer on every planet in spaceport, and you can usually finish the planet without ever visiting him/her more than once after you land. So, I would not compare them to gear or vehicles, as those are quite different things

Holostatues are items in inventory, and frankly, they are pretty much useless. Yes, having class trainer (they do not do anything else, AFAIK) pop-up anywhere is neat, but kind of pointless, as there is trainer on every planet in spaceport, and you can usually finish the planet without ever visiting him/her more than once after you land. So, I would not compare them to gear or vehicles, as those are quite different things

why are they diferent exactly? thye both come from the CM, and if its a matter of usefullness well they even on that, u can play the entire game withown the need of an specific armour or speeder, the same way u can play the entire game withown using the holo statues.... all things are as usefull as u make them.... as the saying says: one man's trash is another man treasure...

ALL Cartel bought armors, weapons, color crystals should be Legacy, let me explain how this would work.

Example: Lets say I bought a Cartel pack and was lucky enough to get the Reven mask. The Reven mask comes with no mods on it what so ever. So, since it has no mods in it I can trade it to any of my alts.

Now, I am using the mask for my Jedi Sentinel fully modded. As long as that mask has mods in it I can NOT trade it to any of my alts.

Once I remove the mods from the mask I CAN trade the mask to any of my alts.

As for the Ninja problem people think this will create, it will not be an issue since mods are bound to that character once that mod is placed in an item, and since mods are bound once it is picked up on a piece of armor from the player anyway. So, stripping a mod out of a piece of looted armor from a flashpoint to send to an alt is already pointless because it can't happen.

WoW has no problems with their Heirloom system which is very similar to the Legacy system of SW ToR, it can work here as well. Since I am spending real money on these cartel items I should be able to use them as many times as I wish, especially the extremely, ridiculously rare CM items.

ALL Cartel bought armors, weapons, color crystals should be Legacy, let me explain how this would work.

Example: Lets say I bought a Cartel pack and was lucky enough to get the Reven mask. The Reven mask comes with no mods on it what so ever. So, since it has no mods in it I can trade it to any of my alts.

Now, I am using the mask for my Jedi Sentinel fully modded. As long as that mask has mods in it I can NOT trade it to any of my alts.

Once I remove the mods from the mask I CAN trade the mask to any of my alts.

As for the Ninja problem people think this will create, it will not be an issue since mods are bound to that character once that mod is placed in an item, and since mods are bound once it is picked up on a piece of armor from the player anyway. So, stripping a mod out of a piece of looted armor from a flashpoint to send to an alt is already pointless because it can't happen.

WoW has no problems with their Heirloom system which is very similar to the Legacy system of SW ToR, it can work here as well. Since I am spending real money on these cartel items I should be able to use them as many times as I wish, especially the extremely, ridiculously rare CM items.

very well explained! +1

As I explained many times, making pack items (Revan armor, speeders, etc) BoL is counterproductive, as they are the main reason people buy them. All items from packs can be sold on GTN or resent to other characters BEFORE you equip them (and AFTER the 24 hour timer on them runs out), so just because you get them on one character does not mean that character has to use them.

Grendelwolf: If I am correct, the items like Revan's Mask get "Bound to Character", after you mod it or equip it, it does not stop being Bound after unmodding it or unequipping it (all other BoE stuff works like that, and I think that Revan's Mask is BoE). At the moment, you can "smuggle" end-game mods through Legacy gear (like Renowned set, since that is the only one that is always BoL, and that does not change, no matter what you do with it. BoL gear are the ones with the Shield icon on them).

Grendelwolf: If I am correct, the items like Revan's Mask get "Bound to Character", after you mod it or equip it, it does not stop being Bound after unmodding it or unequipping it (all other BoE stuff works like that, and I think that Revan's Mask is BoE). At the moment, you can "smuggle" end-game mods through Legacy gear (like Renowned set, since that is the only one that is always BoL, and that does not change, no matter what you do with it. BoL gear are the ones with the Shield icon on them).

Man we are not talking about how the legacy and the Bound system works right now, we are talking about how it should work after some rework.... u still haven't figured that out yet?

u keep saying :

"it does not works that way"

and we keep saying:

""but it can be redone to allow it to work that other way"

Edited by YeIIow

I will admit I missed the word "would" in Grendelwolf's post, so I apologize for that. Yes, IF, and only IF, the Bound check was moved to the modifications, then I could imagine some "rare" items becoming BoL, but definitely not all of them.

And the first part is directed at people who still do not understand that 99% of items from packs are BoE, meaning that they can be freely traded (and so they are bi***ing about getting gun on their Jedi) once the timer runs out and they did not equip it in the meantime

• 2 weeks later...

Yellow:

Well, I am arguing against what would happen if CM armor suddenly became BoL, without any reworks. If BW moves the "Bound check" to mods, then by all means, have your legacy armor.

in my OP u been arguing for nothing all this time, nothing gets just implemented out of nowhere withow the developers giving it some amount of thinking and rework.... anyway good to see u finally understood....

Edited by YeIIow

When did WOW get a cash market?? When did WOW go free to play??

Your suggestion would cost Bioware money.. They went FTP to appease players that were screaming for it.. They have to pay their people somehow..

No.. Nothing from the Cartel Market should be legacy.. You want it on another toon, then buy it again..

If anything is to be made legacy, it needs to be at a premium price..

No.. Nothing from the Cartel Market should be legacy.. You want it on another toon, then buy it again..

it becoming leagacy bound affects u how?

as i said how does it affects u negatively? u given no argument, i gave solid reasons why it should be legacy bound...

No offense but you haveing given anything.. You have stated no reason for needing it and falsly claimed that it didn't effect anyone negatively..

If you can't tell everyone why you need it then why should anyone agree to it.. If it doesn't effect anyone.. Why is it needed.. So far all you are doing is talking yourself out of it.. :rolleyes:

No offense but you haveing given anything.. You have stated no reason for needing it and falsly claimed that it didn't effect anyone negatively..

If you can't tell everyone why you need it then why should anyone agree to it.. If it doesn't effect anyone.. Why is it needed.. So far all you are doing is talking yourself out of it.. :rolleyes:

read again the OP, seems u either cant read or u can not prossses information..... more than enought arguments on the OP of why it should be implemented, it does not afectts anybody negatively , does it? can u give any example why it does? no, ofcourse no....

Edited by YeIIow

As much as I would like this, they're cosmetic. You can get the same mods without having the gear and spending real money on. Therefore this is their F2P concept - you want the good stuff early on or addressed for you out the door, then you gotta pay for it. Each and every time.

The only things I would say need to be legacy/account bound are: Legacy titles, class story titles, unify chest, hide head, credit cap removal, and 3rd crafting skill unlock.

When did WOW get a cash market?? When did WOW go free to play??

$28 mounts? OH, and I believe it's free to level to 60 these days?

Your suggestion would cost Bioware money.. They went FTP to appease players that were screaming for it.. They have to pay their people somehow..

The idea is to make them Bind on Legacy BEFORE equiping them.

Right now, when you buy something from the Cartel Market or get something from a Cartel Pack, it goes bound-to-character for a 36 hour period.

The idea is to make that bound-to-legacy for that 36 hour period instead. After that, it would still turn bind-on-equip.

Equiping the item before the timer is over should then instantly end the timer and bind the item to the character.

I'd even suggest, that sending the item to another character within the legacy, would reset the timer back to 36 hours.

And not only that, aquiring the item from the GTN should give the new owner a 36 hour BoL timer as well before it reverts to BoE.