Cartel Market items should be Legacy bound!

YeIIow

I do think a special perk could be added (+xx something) when you hit 67/67. Like unlocking the companions, something that demonstrates your accomplishment account wide.

exactly the datacron idea is very similar to what was done with HK series, including a perk, so that once u have already done the quest al least once with 1 of ur characters, u can skip it doing all over again with the next toon u decide to roll...

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I think it's kind of foolish to think BW would make this change and risk losing money." You would still have to buy cartel packs to get multiple items to send to multiple toons.

Exactly, from my point of view, people might even buy more stuff, knowing that now they could re-use the items. Furthermore, most people does not like equiping lets say, a Sorcer with a Comando-looking gear .. so if u want ur Sorcer to look cool, u would still have to buy some additional cool looking Sorcer gear at the CM, apart from the cool-looking Comando gear u already brought for ur Comando in the past..... so to be reastic, i don't even think many people right now, buy several CM gear to all and each of their characters anyway. So cant really see why whould making cartel market items bound to legacy, imply such a great money loose as some like to claim...

Edited by YeIIow

While I am great supporter of Legacy, I do not believe that giving more legacy armors is the way to go.

I think we need to differentiate CM armors from Cartel Packs.

Cartel Pack items are the primary income from Cartel Market, so putting Legacy items into them would be counterproductive. Also, 99% of items from them can be traded before equipping.

Legacy armors, like Jedi Valiant or Sith Raider, I could imagine being Legacy bound, even though I still think it is insane, as most people still play their characters after they finish them (unlike OP), so while the armor might be Legacy Bound, most of people would still use it on the character they bought it with, because they bought it because it would look cool on that particular character.

However, there is one major problem with Legacy armors and weapons, as they can be used to circumvent the need to do operations with multiple characters, as you can just rip out the mods, stuff them into legacy armor and send them to your alts.

As for people claiming "I did not know Coins were account bound", well, that is your problem, as it was stated in several articles and FAQs.

As for the datacrons, yes, maybe give some legacy achievement, like bonus to the stats, but not give all the bonuses, as that would be just ridiculously powerful during leveling and early PvP

Edited by Aries_cz

WTH people? You can mail the stuff from pack to other characters, so you r primary complaint "I cant use it on the character I bought it with" is completely retarded.

Example: I buy a pack on my Jedi sage (Male), it drops a blaster and the Dancer top (for example, as both are unusable on that character). Since both items are BoE (Bind on Equip, ie, they get bound after you equip them, them game even warns you before you equip them), nothing, absolutely nothing is preventing me from mailing these to my Female Bounty Hunter alt. Nothing at all

WTH people? You can mail the stuff from pack to other characters, so you r primary complaint "I cant use it on the character I bought it with" is completely retarded.

Example: I buy a pack on my Jedi sage (Male), it drops a blaster and the Dancer top (for example, as both are unusable on that character). Since both items are BoE (Bind on Equip, ie, they get bound after you equip them, them game even warns you before you equip them), nothing, absolutely nothing is preventing me from mailing these to my Female Bounty Hunter alt. Nothing at all

not everybody is talking about the packs here, and btw there were several items on some of the packs that were BoP not on Equip, i think one of them got fixed on last patch, "the dancer button " ?

now lets say i have 3 JKs, can u tell me why should i buy the same exactly gear 3 times to equip each of them?

However, lots of people get the idea you are talking about the random drops (like Ramzul, whose post was the reason for my outburst, or TheIronMonkey), and random drops are items from packs. You might want to clarify that in the OP.

The only item "I" found BoP was the crash test dummy skin for C2-N2, 99% of items (equip, boosts, gifts) should be BoE or single-use

As to you having 3 JKs, why, if I may inquire? I can somewhat understand two, for Guardian / Sentinel (although personally I would go JK Guardain / SW Marauder for the stories, as the playstyle is the same), but three just do not make any sense to me.

As to having to buy the same equip, I think it is nonsensical, because there is plenty of cool looking gear for free (difficult or credit-expensive to obtain, but real money-free). As I said, I "could" (not want) imagine the armor sets like Valiant to be Legacy bound, but it still does not make sense, because 99% of people keep playing their characters after they finish their story lines. So if you had Legacy Jedi Valiant armor, you would have to resend and remod it every time you would want to use it on another character.

As to you having 3 JKs, why, if I may inquire? I can somewhat understand two, for Guardian / Sentinel (although personally I would go JK Guardain / SW Marauder for the stories, as the playstyle is the same), but three just do not make any sense to me.

i do not have 3 JK, it was an example, never the less why does it make no sence to u? i have 2 SW both Jugg, simply cos i love the story and their gameplay, and i know many people who have re-rolled the "same" characters several times, becouse they enjoyed it the first time and want to do it again, thats what most people do on RPGs...

As to having to buy the same equip, I think it is nonsensical, because there is plenty of cool looking gear for free (difficult or credit-expensive to obtain, but real money-free). As I said, I "could" (not want) imagine the armor sets like Valiant to be Legacy bound, but it still does not make sense, because 99% of people keep playing their characters after they finish their story lines.

there is very little variation of cool-looking armours out there, very, very little,with that said why if i like 1 in particular armour and want to use it on several of my force-wielder toons, should i then be forced to buy it several times using real money.... when i have already brought it once, and just want to pass it by, betwen characters in my account...

So if you had Legacy Jedi Valiant armor, you would have to resend and remod it every time you would want to use it on another character.

and what is exactly wrong with that? can u explain me? better that than having it bounded to 1 character i no longer use...

PS:

BTW ur pretty wrong about most people still play their old characters, all the contrary, most people after doing the story, the end game ops ect, stop playing with that character after some time, since it gets quite boring and repetitive, the only reason they might still use that toon for is just for crafting, or hanging around showing the gear ect on the fleet.. nothign else....

can u even make a solid reason why CM items should not be Bound to legacy in stead of BoP or BoE, i mean a real reason why it would be a game breaker, or what ever? can u?

Edited by YeIIow

Well, then apparently, I am the complete opposite of you. Because if you are in guild, you play your characters all the time. Admittedly, you use them most of the time for crafting and operations (and daily/weekly WZ/FP), but if your guild organizes some activity, like we did a knowledge race around Voss, you use the characters again and again.

What you do is playing SWTOR as a Single player game (or at least I get that idea about you, I might be wrong), which is possible, but you are missing on lots of cool player-organized stuff (although I admit, there is always room for more of that).

As to playing the story again and again, like I said, I could understand playing it twice, once LS, one DS, once with each AC, just to keep it from getting tedious (I know I get bored when I replay Mass Effect 1 over and over to create characters for import, or first chapter of Neverwinter Nights 2, because I know exactly what is going to happen where).

But I think we got way off-topic here, so back to why ARMOR SETS from cartel Market (not RANDOM ITEMS FROM PACKS) should or should not be legacy bound.

Pros:

Keeping the same look on many different characters

Cons:

All characters looking the same sort of makes them loose their own identity.

Possibility to circumvent one of the greatest things in RPGs, hunting for better stuff.

• While some might argue that it is not part of RPGs, it is.
  • And by making Legacy armor with Dread Guard mods, you would just have given each new level 50 top end gear.
  • Also, this would dramatically increase ninjas, because every one would own several pieces of Legacy armor, so everyone would be "needing" armor that is not even for their class, just so that they could rip out the mods and send them in legacy armor

Need to remod the armor each time you send it away, thus making it expensive on credits for removing mods

Actually no. I really enjoy mis-matching items to give my characters a unique look, the " Unify Colors" option makes any combination possible.

As for the people rolling need on items they cant use to rip the mods out for alts, there is a way around that. All Cartel armors and weapons are Legacy bound, Legacy armor and weapons that have mods in them are not. So, if you want you alt to have you old Reven set, you have to strip the mods out first . And since mods are bound to you if they come from looted gear and have level restrictions you can't send the mods. Your alt only receives an un-modded Reven armor set.

And yes, all Cartel armors, weapons, vehicles, and crystals should be Legacy, especially if I am spending real money on them and in some cases I can never get again unless I spend a crap load of real money and get lucky . ( Which I refuse to do)

I believe that what I am saying, the removal of BoP mods (like Ops armoring) and placing them into Legacy gear (from events), does not make that gear piece bound to you, and is still possible to send to alts, as it is still already Bound to Legacy (the shield icon on the item). It does not "re-bind" to your character only.

As for items from packs, making them BoL would significantly reduce the amount of them being bought, and thus lowering the revenue from Cartel Market. Also, there is a way to get them "for free" by buying them from GTN, although the new items always cost crapload of credits, Or just use the CC you get from subscribing.

I believe that what I am saying, the removal of BoP mods (like Ops armoring) and placing them into Legacy gear (from events), does not make that gear piece bound to you, and is still possible to send to alts, as it is still already Bound to Legacy (the shield icon on the item). It does not "re-bind" to your character only.

As for items from packs, making them BoL would significantly reduce the amount of them being bought, and thus lowering the revenue from Cartel Market. Also, there is a way to get them "for free" by buying them from GTN, although the new items always cost crapload of credits, Or just use the CC you get from subscribing.

Pros:

Keeping the same look on many different characters

Cons:

All characters looking the same sort of makes them loose their own identity.

Possibility to circumvent one of the greatest things in RPGs, hunting for better stuff.

• While some might argue that it is not part of RPGs, it is.
  • And by making Legacy armor with Dread Guard mods, you would just have given each new level 50 top end gear.
  • Also, this would dramatically increase ninjas, because every one would own several pieces of Legacy armor, so everyone would be "needing" armor that is not even for their class, just so that they could rip out the mods and send them in legacy armor

Need to remod the armor each time you send it away, thus making it expensive on credits for removing mods

what u saying has noting to do with what am saying, i never said that end-game grear should be legacy bound, i never said that there should not be BoP or BoE items out there. i said that the items i buy with real money at the CM, i should be able to trade them freely as i wish betwen my toons, use it adn re use it as i wish, after all i paid real money for them. so u really ain't giving any real game breaking reason why this should not be so....

increase ninjas? how can someone ninja steal the things i buy from CM? O_o

being expensive having to remove the mods all the time before transfering? yes but transfering in the first place is up to u, nobody makes u do it. and u wont be transfering the same item more than 2-3 times maximum since at least i would not equip my trooper with a jedi armour or otherwise.

characters looking the same`? have u looked around ever? this is an MMO half of the people look the same or very similar in that regard... and if i want one of my characters to look like my old did what about it? it is still MY CHARACTER!

RPG centering around geting better gear? hardly, that is a part of it, but RPG is about story and concecuences not gear... and even so end game gear is the same for everybody, ingame gear is the same for everybody, CM gear is the same for everybody after all this is an MMO and while runing around u will se 100 clones of yourself...

Edited by YeIIow

You do not understand. The "problem" with Legacy gear in general, is that you can use it to transfer end game mods, that are, by all normal circumstances, BoP.

Example - I get Dread Guard chestpiece. I remove all mods from it. The mods themselves are BoP, and so is the armor. HOWEVER, if I put the removed mods into Legacy armor, suddenly, I can send my Dread Guard chestpiece (or to be specific, the Legacy armor with Dread Guard mods) all over my characters, thus giving them Dread Guard armor instantly.

Thus, the increased possibility to cheaply acquire Legacy armor would increase the number of ninjas "needing" all gear tokens, because they can use them on their legacy armor.

As for people looking the same, that is their choice, mine choice is to spend time gear hunting for a great looking armor pieces. Yours is to spend money to achieve the same result. The difference is, I spent time in game looking for it, you get it instantly.

I did not say that RPG is centered around gear hunting, but that it is an integral part of any RPG. Finding a rare item is always nice.

Yes, selling CM items to vendors should be possible, because GTN is overflowing with items nobody wants (Loungewear outfits and the fugly "Ubikriki" speeders), they do not sell even for highly deflated price (like 1/10th of the suggested price)

You do not understand. The "problem" with Legacy gear in general, is that you can use it to transfer end game mods, that are, by all normal circumstances, BoP.

Example - I get Dread Guard chestpiece. I remove all mods from it. The mods themselves are BoP, and so is the armor. HOWEVER, if I put the removed mods into Legacy armor, suddenly, I can send my Dread Guard chestpiece (or to be specific, the Legacy armor with Dread Guard mods) all over my characters, thus giving them Dread Guard armor instantly.

Thus, the increased possibility to cheaply acquire Legacy armor would increase the number of ninjas "needing" all gear tokens, because they can use them on their legacy armor.

As for people looking the same, that is their choice, mine choice is to spend time gear hunting for a great looking armor pieces. Yours is to spend money to achieve the same result. The difference is, I spent time in game looking for it, you get it instantly.

I did not say that RPG is centered around gear hunting, but that it is an integral part of any RPG. Finding a rare item is always nice.

DUDE not all items have to be Bound to Legacy dont u understand that? once again i have never talked about end-game gear, why TF u keep bringing that up? am talkign about CARTEL MARKET ITEMS!

Edited by YeIIow

Damn, is this really difficult to explain, or are we hitting a language barrier? I will try to simplify it even more

LEGACY ARMOR - can be sent around character regardless of mods installed, default armor is empty shell

OPS ARMOR - cannot be sent around, mods can be removed

By removing MODS from OPS ARMOR, and putting them into LEGACY ARMOR, you have created LEGACY ARMOR WITH OPS ARMOR STATS. Such armor can be sent around your characters, thus giving them OPS ARMOR without the need to work for it

damn, is this really difficult to explain, or are we hitting a language barrier? I will try to simplify it even more

legacy armor - can be sent around character regardless of mods installed, default armor is empty shell

ops armor - cannot be sent around, mods can be removed

by removing mods from ops armor, and putting them into legacy armor, you have created legacy armor with ops armor stats. Such armor can be sent around your characters, thus giving them ops armor without the need to work for it

dude where have i said that op armour should be put/convert into legacy armour? nobody has even talked about the normal legacy armour we have right now ingame.... how is what u saying relevant to the iisue of CARTEL MARKET ITEMS boing made so that u can trade them betwen characters.... i mean FOR REAL?

Edited by YeIIow

Ok, we are really hitting language barrier here, there is no other way you can not understand, unless you are daft, which I do not think (yet).

We agree that you can remove mods from OPS ARMOR, yes?

We agree that you can then put mods into whatever LEGACY ARMOR you have (from CM, Jedi Valiant for example), yes?

So, we have to agree that is is POSSIBLE to create LEGACY ARMOR (Jedi Valiant, for example) with OPS stats and set bonuses, yes?

So, now that you have your legacy bound Jedi Valiant armor from CM with OPS stats, you can mail it to all your characters, and basically give them OPS ARMOR without any need to work for it.

Ok, we are really hitting language barrier here, there is no other way you can not understand, unless you are daft, which I do not think (yet).

We agree that you can remove mods from OPS ARMOR, yes?

We agree that you can then put mods into whatever LEGACY ARMOR you have (from CM, Jedi Valiant for example), yes?

So, we have to agree that is is POSSIBLE to create LEGACY ARMOR (Jedi Valiant, for example) with OPS stats and set bonuses, yes?

So, now that you have your legacy bound Jedi Valiant armor from CM with OPS stats, you can mail it to all your characters, and basically give them OPS ARMOR without any need to work for it.

omg are u plain dumb or are just pretendingy so?

i repeat:

-have i ever said anywhere that i think, End-Game Gear should be avanible via-legacy system!?

- have i said that Legacy armour should have mods when transfering it between characters?

-have i said that i want to transfer my full moded cartel market gear to my other character?

NO NO NO NO, all i have been saying is that i wish the items i buy with cartel market coins to be bound into my account, in stead to individual characters, so i can trasfer it as i like, that taking into consideration level restrictions for usage, etc.

If u freaking read the first page u would have understood long ago that what u saying makes no sence, and has no relevance what so ever to what am saying... i mean for real shoot urself if u gona keep repeating something completly unrelated to what am saying.....

its like me talking about the blue sky and u about the green trees.....

Edited by YeIIow

Probably my last post, and if you will not understand it, I am giving up, as you are just too daft (now I am sure of it) to understand, and I am running out of ideas how to simplify this even more.

In OP, you want CM armors to be Legacy Bound. That means, you want them to have the "shield" icon on their picture.

ALL Legacy items (the ones with the shield icon) can be sent to other characters regardless of what most they have in them. That is just how the game works.

So, by making CM gear Legacy Bound (giving them the shield icon), it would be possible to use the CM-bought armors to send ANY gear mods, even those from end-game, to characters that did not have to "work" for them (it would be level 50+, that is the only restriction). This would increase number of people "needing" items/tokens they do not really "need" (aka, ninjas).

I am merely stating what the problem with Legacy gear is, so it is perfectly relevant to your proposition to make more Legacy bound items. You may not utilize the potential of it, but you are not the sole player.

Probably my last post, and if you will not understand it, I am giving up, as you are just too daft (now I am sure of it) to understand, and I am running out of ideas how to simplify this even more.

In OP, you want CM armors to be Legacy Bound. That means, you want them to have the "shield" icon on their picture.

ALL Legacy items (the ones with the shield icon) can be sent to other characters regardless of what most they have in them. That is just how the game works.

So, by making CM gear Legacy Bound (giving them the shield icon), it would be possible to use the CM-bought armors to send ANY gear mods, even those from end-game, to characters that did not have to "work" for them (it would be level 50+, that is the only restriction). This would increase number of people "needing" items/tokens they do not really "need" (aka, ninjas).

I am merely stating what the problem with Legacy gear is, so it is perfectly relevant to your proposition to make more Legacy bound items. You may not utilize the potential of it, but you are not the sole player.

I do not want them to have the shield icon, i want them to be freely to trade betwen the characters from my account, not made into in-game gear from drops or else.. 1 things is NOT = the other. There are a few items out there that can be traded freely the way i want, withown them having any shield item or else.

Secondly, i repeat for the last time, why do u mix up mods with CM items? i want to trade them vanilla as they are, with no mods betwen my characters, not for the stats but for the look, even u can understand that, is it so hard to get? once again 1 thing does not have to be related to the other, so don't keep on insisting on making it look that way... u still make really no sence, all i see from ur comments is u keep on trying to mix things up, just because u have no solid reasons for opossing to such thing.... trying to confuse people and make things look as something they are not, aint the way pal... ur just showing how little u understood from what the OP says and how big of an ignorant can u be....

Edited by YeIIow